Author Topic: Jump The Shark Final Questions  (Read 9755 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Jump The Shark Final Questions
« on: May 13, 2005, 12:48:44 AM »
1. Who will win the first Immunity Challenge?
 ** Undecided ** a. Ian b. Jenn c. Katie d. Tom e. None of the above 25
2. Will the first Immunity Challenge take place at Tribal Council?
 ** Undecided ** a. No b. Yes 10
3. "Fallen Comrades," an Immunity Challenge that involves answering questions at Tribal Council about previously voted off castaways, has been in most of the past Survivor finales. Will a Fallen Comrades challenge be held again?
 ** Undecided ** a. No b. Yes 10
4. Who will come in fourth place?
 ** Undecided ** a. Ian b. Jenn c. Katie d. Tom e. None of the above 20
5. Will there be a Tie Breaker at the first Tribal Council?
 ** Undecided ** a. No b. Yes 5
6. At the first Tribal Council, Who will receive the second most votes or win a tie breaker?
 ** Undecided ** a. Ian b. Jenn c. Katie d. Tom e. None of the above 5
7. Who will win the second Immunity Challenge
 ** Undecided ** a. Ian b. Jenn c. Katie d. Tom e. None of the above 25
8. Who will come in third place?
 ** Undecided ** a. Ian b. Jenn c. Katie d. Tom e. None of the above 20
9. Who are the final two?
 ** Undecided ** a. Ian and Jenn b. Ian and Katie c. Ian and Tom d. Jenn and Katie e. Jenn and Tom f. Katie and Tom g. None of the above 30
10. At the final Tribal Council, which member of the jury will display the most anger, as judged by the webmaster?
 ** Undecided ** a. Caryn b. Coby c. Gregg d. Ian e. Janu f. Jenn g. Katie h. Stephenie i. Tom j. None of the above or inconclusive 5
11. Will Ian voluntarily quit competing in the final Immunity Challenge (as opposed to being fairly beaten or quitting because he is too physically pained or exhausted)?
 ** Undecided ** a. Yes - He will voluntarily drop out of the IC but keep playing as usual b. Yes - He will voluntarily drop out of the IC and request or say or suggest it's ok to vote him off c. Yes - And he will quit the game altogether d. No 25
12. According to cBS, the Final Four rethink their strategies when a once-solid alliance dissolves with the slip of a tongue. Whose slip of the tongue?
 ** Undecided ** a. Ian b. Jenn c. Katie d. Tom e. None of the above or inconclusive 5
13. The winner will win by a vote of:
 ** Undecided ** a. 7-0 b. 6-1 c. 5-2 d. 4-3 e. None of the above 5
14. Who will Caryn vote FOR?
 ** Undecided ** a. Ian b. Jenn c. Katie d. Tom e. None of the above or inconclusive 5
15. Who will Coby vote FOR?
16. Who will Gregg vote FOR?
17. Who will Janu for FOR?
18. Who will Stephenie vote FOR?
19. Who will win Survivor: Palau?
 ** Undecided ** a. Ian b. Jenn c. Katie d. Tom e. None of the above or more than one 50
Total Points 265

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Jump The Shark Final Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 12:57:26 AM »
My initial picks due to change based on the promos .

Tom 25

No 10

3. "Fallen Comrades," an Immunity Challenge that involves answering questions at Tribal Council about previously voted off castaways, has been in most of the past Survivor finales. Will a Fallen Comrades challenge be held again?
 No  10

Jenn  20

No 5

6. At the first Tribal Council, Who will receive the second most votes or win a tie breaker?
 Ian  5

Tom  25

Ian 20

Katie and Tom  30 ( spoiled )

10. At the final Tribal Council, which member of the jury will display the most anger, as judged by the webmaster?
 b. Coby 5

11. Will Ian voluntarily quit competing in the final Immunity Challenge (as opposed to being fairly beaten or quitting because he is too physically pained or exhausted)?
 Yes - He will voluntarily drop out of the IC and request or say or suggest it's ok to vote him off

12. According to cBS, the Final Four rethink their strategies when a once-solid alliance dissolves with the slip of a tongue. Whose slip of the tongue?
 c Ian

b. 6-1  5

Tom 5

Tom  5

Tom e 5

Tom  5

Tom 5

Tom  50
Total Points 265
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 08:23:34 PM by puddin »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 09:22:56 AM »
And, here are my picks. Check out TDT for spoilers, and his Survivometer for potential jury votes...

d. Tom

a. No

a. No

b. Jenn

a. No

a. Ian

d. Tom

a. Ian

f. Katie and Tom

a. Caryn (going for LWB, as I think many will pick Coby)

a. Yes - He will voluntarily drop out of the IC but keep playing as usual

a. Ian

c. 5-2

d. Tom

d. Tom

d. Tom

d. Tom

d. Tom

d. Tom

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 09:27:21 AM »
Just modifying my answers Richard   ;) almost exactly the same ..I had some real DUH mistakes in there , lol . Cant hardly wait to see the promo  |#'

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 09:46:20 AM »
Vote Early everyone the EBB is Huge , i think everyone is voting the same way .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 10:06:32 AM »
Changed my picks back Coby as the biggest jury question at TC and Caryn to vote for Tom .
Read TDT

FINAL FOUR IMMUNITY CHALLENGE/ "Tower of Domination" (Firestarting? Ziplines?) - Tom wins, Jenn booted
Wezzie posts a spoiler at Sucks: "The Final Four IC is said to involve firestarting." Wezzie later posted that the December 7th challenge was referred to as "Tower of Domination," which should be the F4 IC. The zipline challenge shown in the web/TV promo is probably this one.

Who wins? Vidcaps show the final four at tribal council, and Tom has the necklace on again.

FINAL THREE IMMUNITY CHALLENGE/ Endurance - Tom wins, Ian departs
Wezzie posts another spoiler at Sucks: "The Final Three IC involves balance and endurance. One contestant lasted 8 hours. Another lasted 11 hours. The remaining contestant won immunity, of course." Later update: "You know... I'm going to take back that comment about 'standing'. I don't know if they're standing or not. All I heard was that their feet hurt. I imagined 'standing', but that isn't necessarily so."

The winner would, of course, be Tom. 

BOOTS/ F4-Jenn; F3-Ian; Tom beats Katie in jury vote
Final four boot: Jenn, thanks to Mersaydeez (the only remaining unassigned spot in Mer's boot order). Also fits the Butch/Darrah model of the invisible F4 boot. Since she can't penetrate the Tom-Ian-Katie trio, the only thing that could save her would be immunity, and she doesn't get it.

Final three boot: Ian. Tom takes Katie to the Final Two. Mersaydeez spoiled both people, Wezzie spoiled the F3 IC winner (above).

Jury vote predictions: Despite dire predictions of Tribal Council fireworks from Coby and Stephenie, the end result should still be a win for Tom. This will be one of the oldest juries in Survivor history, and older jurors tend to favor work ethic and gamesmanship over other factors (i.e. friendship, as in Amazon). Both Tom and Katie are personable and have established friendships with the jury, so there are no major negatives there. Where there is personal friction (Coby), both have annoyed. See the Survivometer for our predicted jury votes.

Caryn is bitter towards Katie ~
Caryn's Early Show interview
"I knew I was on the chopping block," she says. "I knew that Katie could not be trusted to keep her alliance with the women, that she was going to keep Ian on. She didn't have the guts to really send him packing, and I was going home and since I was going home, I wanted to lay the cards out."

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 10:08:48 AM »
Thanks for the 411 Puddin    ]**]

My JTS picks: (same as Puddins).

d. Tom

a. No

a. No

b. Jenn

a. No

a. Ian

d. Tom

a. Ian

f. Katie and Tom

a. Caryn (going for LWB, as I think many will pick Coby)

a. Yes - He will voluntarily drop out of the IC but keep playing as usual

a. Ian

c. 5-2

d. Tom

d. Tom

d. Tom

d. Tom

d. Tom

d. Tom
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 10:11:31 AM »
Thats it , I am done if I have a few wrong ah well , back to sleuthing  {l{

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 10:17:05 AM »
my picks are pretty much the same so we'll all sink or swim together. i would love to stay top 100 as my best ever finish in this game.

i picked tom as who everybody will vote for as i'm not 100% how the votes will actually go but pretty sure of a tom win over katie. would love to see a 7-0 blowout. sure would help my scores too. go tom!

cinni
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline shanghilill

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 10:38:48 AM »
back to sleuthing

They're looking good to me Puddin.  ]][

Tears and harsh words fuel a tense session between the Jury and the Final Two.

I think Coby is the jury member who goes off too. Unless all the R&R of the last few weeks have relaxed him back into sweetness. Although I do recall an interview where he said he disliked what the game had turned him into.
Remember this:

."There is nothing fun about a bitter old queen. That's what I turned into."

Source:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/15/earlyshow/series/survivor/main688443.shtml

:)* his words not mine..and he's right of course..wonder if he'll remember that statement and be cool..or make a scene anyway?  If he decides to not appear 'bitter queenish' then it makes sense that Caryn be the next most offended.

So I may change that answer..gots to do it asap though.

The Final Four rethink their strategies when a once-solid alliance dissolves with the slip of a tongue.
Ian saying something that Tom didin't realise or doesn't like or both. Ian already made a slip last episode when Caryn asked him to be up front and tell her who he had promises/final 3 deals with..and he said "You me and Katie" (did you catch Tom's face)....then quickly corrected himself with "Uhh me Katie and Tom. No matter whether Ian messed up or not..Tom knows Ian's too well liked for him to chance a final 2 jury vote with...he wasn't taking him anyway imho.

After an emotional Tribal Council, arguments erupt, feelings are hurt and friendships are questioned.
Has to be Katie..she's a cryer..whwo else..Caryn maybe..Steph and the promise made to her??/could be everybody...lol.

A shocking development during the Final Immunity Challenge promises to go down in SURVIVOR history.

Ian stepping out?

“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 12:19:30 PM »
My behavioral psychology is often screwy, but the reason I'm not going with Coby as being the most emotional juror is that he said that everyone voted him off because he was a threat, and was flattered (whether it was true remains to be seen).  He *is* a drama queen (he's going for the Best Supporting Juror Oscar!) but I'm hoping that Caryn, having played a bit longer, and been burned by several different people, will end up with the most emotional rant.

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 12:26:28 PM »
geez, all i'm doing is dittoing today. i also went for caryn for the same reasons as rmax. after last night's tc, she's going to have plenty to say and not as much time as coby to cool off. if it is a kitie/tom f2, coby wanted to push katie into the fire so he may already have his mind made up. caryn will be the loose cannon in my books.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 12:31:01 PM »
I love dittos!  Glad to know my thinking isn't totally off.  Though of course we may be surprised, and Janu may be the most angry, ha! 

Offline shanghilill

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 12:42:34 PM »
Glad to know my thinking isn't totally off. Though of course we may be surprised, and Janu may be the most angry, ha! 
  ]-{

Nope it sure isn't..changed mine too.

lol@the Janu maybe.

May even be Steph for all we know...I have to agree with you both..the further away from actual Koror camp the mellower..so Caryn it is.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 12:46:19 PM by shanghilill »
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 01:19:27 PM »
Good debating gang ..

a. Caryn b. Coby c. Gregg d. Ian e. Janu f. Jenn g. Katie h. Stephenie i. Tom j. None of the above or inconclusive 5

only 5 points so I'll keep Coby for now
Cobe! Coby! You Queen start posting on Sucks!
The Geek shall inherit the pearls
(4/22/05 9:25 am)
ezSupporter

Re: Cobe! Coby! you queen start posting on Sucks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Please please please Coby, give us another Helen or Shii type of speech.

CobySucks
Looks cute in a beard
(4/22/05 10:25 am)
ezSupporter

Re: Cobe! Coby! You Queen start posting on Sucks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't worry I give good tribal ;) I left enough people I hated you know I will have something to say!

Thanks for the radio thing Biancca :) Though I am dumb and can't get it to work lol

I will answer the questions later...at work and don't have time just yet...have patience you guys ;)

love ya 

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 01:31:14 PM »
I have no doubt Coby "will give good tribal" but for some reason, I see him as acting more "high and mighty" than angry. "Dripping with sarcasm" is another phrase that comes to mind.  I know, I'm rationalizing my pick of Caryn, and I'd love to see a good Coby rant.  Coby just doesn't strike me as an angry personality. 

As the saying goes, I could be wrong...   [^/

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 02:23:01 PM »
wow, just reviewing the jury we have the potential for a lot of drama. there seems to be a lot of personal feelings this time. likely as they all been together since day 1 (except steph). there was no merge, they just kept going for the longest time not having to vote. willard gave them an easy first boot. after that, it was jury time and very personal.

assuming a tom/katie final 2, and in order of joining the jury, my random thoughts on questions/speeches and votes.

coby, could have lots to say. i'd love for him to have a great speech. he's got the wits to make the final 2 squirm big. i think that he will ultimately take the high road and be very cool and smart. didn't like the girls in the game and figured the guys voted him off as the biggest threat that he was. he's had the longest to think about it. will he vote for the great shark hunter over the lazy do nothing push her in the fire? i think he votes tom.

janu, might not have much to say. has had plenty of time to recoup. she may have something to say to the korors that wanted to keep her around longer than she wanted to be there. she had the time alone on the island and really didn't like any of them when she got back. threw off their game by laying down her torch. i think the guys tried to help her around camp while the girls, not sure. most likely a tom vote. not much to go on so really hard to tell here. could be up for grabs at the final tribal council.

steph, the only ulong on the jury. likely going to reveal the final four pact she had with the three korors. will want to know why they didn't stick with her as originally promised. don't see her as being too angry but you never know, a woman scorned... she tried and failed in the women's alliance. i think there's another tom vote here but could go katie depending on the tc answers.

gregg, blindsided by his boot. will be very angry at katie for jumping ship after their reward outing. but will be peeved at tom for doing it. his final confessional was pretty good considering. he will have respect for both and will likely lob one out there as a question. he's going to want his ego restored and tom should be able to better answer. another vote for tom.

caryn, wow. she really threw it out there last night. she's mad and no answer will placate her. she'll only have 3 days to think about it. she got one place further than she would have before tom's plan. katie jumped ship on the all girls alliance too. will caryn reward that with a vote to tom? i think she'll go with the best game play and give her vote to tom.

jennifer, because she doesn't get immunity, goes next as being outside the remaining majority alliance. not sure what her relationship is to tom but she is a friend with katie. she may ask about the gregg boot or some other random question. she votes for her friend in the end, a vote for katie.

ian, somehow "exits gracefully" for whatever reason. he seems to be very tight with both tom and katie. a lot of folks think he votes for katie. i think he votes for tom. look at how the reward deal with tom took precedence over his deal with katie. he could have said something to her before the challenge. like, i will take you if it doesn't involve a car but take tom if it does? he's going to lob something fairly easy at both of them. maybe, what does our friendship mean and will we still be friends when this is over etc. those pictures at the parade speak volumes.

in the end, i can't see katie getting more than 3 votes, but i don't think it will be a 7-0 blowout. tom should do better at the questions than katie and that will sway a vote or two.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 02:48:23 PM »
Excellent analysis, cinni, thanks.

The only thing I can add is that I think Ian will feel he rewarded Tom already, and needs to do something to salvage his friendship/alliance with Katie.  That's why I'm guessing he'll vote for her.  Again, depending on what happens at F3, that could change.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 05:51:50 PM »
 ]#*   AWESOME analysis from ALL of you!  ,,>(     >(^

I'm tempted to change juty vote, but it's only 5pts.  For once I have a respectable EBB!  So that should make up for a couple of wrong 5 pointers.  I voted purday much the same as you all.
For ques#10, I think it could be Caryn, Coby or Steph...but decided to go w/ Caryn for the reasons as stated above.

My JTS score for Eppy 13 was the best I've ever done w/ any SNN games!!  Makes me feel a bit better...that there just might be hope after all!  _)^ 
Good Luck, Everyone!  Gooo Team!  ^_*(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 05:59:49 PM »
Like you I wanted to change my picks but sat on the EBB ( estimated 50 points  `/~ ) , I'm glad you did so good too Ruday !! We cant win but at least we gave it our best shot   =]/

Good Luck Teamies  |*| ^_*(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 07:03:40 PM »
My EBB is 18.06% so how many points is that, puddin?  or anyone?  I'm not sure how to figure it.   *(^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2005, 08:45:48 PM »
I beleive its 50 points give or take Ruday  }^/

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!