Author Topic: Ucheena & Joyce WIN the Amazing RACE !!  (Read 9659 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Ucheena & Joyce WIN the Amazing RACE !!
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:07:30 PM »
 |#' Congtratulations U&J  }bH{ , I pray that you get your baby  {|  ..what a race !!
Romber second
R&K third

Offline mommy2bree

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Ucheena & Joyce WIN the Amazing RACE !!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 10:09:47 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|#' :] ]#* ]][

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 10:10:18 PM »
What a great finish. I was worried that Uchena was going screw himself while looking for money. I was like, run, that old cabbie wasn't going to chase him, or catch him! LOL

Anyway, I am soooo happy that Romber lost. I am more happy Romber lost, than I am that U & J won! Isn't that horrible!

Rob

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 10:12:09 PM »
I posted this in the other thread, but most people would have just run to the finish line without paying the cab driver!!! But not Uchenna!!! He is a real man of integrity!!!  ]#*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 10:16:23 PM »
I am shocked that we did not get any Ft Lauderdale sightings !! I mean U&J were on the street begging and  Romber were running around little Havana for lord knows how long ...anyway what a happy ending ..now I'm off to catch up on my Survivor spoilers  :<(

Offline ryndmc

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 10:25:10 PM »
What an AMAZING race and what an AMAZING COUPLE!!!!  I was seriously crying when they were at the finish line talking about having their baby.  I love to see great things happen to really good people.

Difference between Rob & Uchenna.  Rob would have stiffed the cab driver and ran to the finish mat.  Uchenna owed that man money and wasn't winning until he had the money to give it to him.

I pray Uchenna & Joyce get their baby.  :)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 10:35:55 PM »
I think $1,000,000 will help them get there baby!

But, I am really worried about Rob & Amber, how will they ever survive with just her winnings from Survivor? I mean, how will there refergerator get filled with food. I am just worried about them, and a lot. NOT NOT NOT. Survive this Rob & Amber. LMAO

Rob

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 10:39:59 PM »
 ((^ }^! ]#*wtg joyce/uch!!!! ]*[

Offline ryndmc

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 10:40:32 PM »
The looks on Rob & Amber's faces when Uchenna & Joyce made that flight were priceless!  I wish I had a good shot of it, I would use it as a wallpaper on my computer.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 11:19:58 PM »
If we find that pic, I want it too! LOL

Rob

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 01:13:46 AM »
 |#' :] ]#* :] |#' }^! Way to go.  I have been cheering for these 2 since the start. I am so happy that they won.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 07:39:22 AM »
If I'm Uchenna I would have told the cab driver that I will pay ten times the fare in about 15 minutes, just let me take care of some business.  BTW, I deviated from the normal recap and did a more reflections piece on the news page which is up.  Enjoy! 

http://www.realityfanforum.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=292
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline floridagirl

• RFF Jr. Member
  • ROMBER ROCKS
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 07:58:58 AM »
While my favorite team was ROMBER, I was glad UJ won!!!   They needed the money more than any of the final three. 
Life is a reality show.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 09:21:37 AM »
 }^!  }^!  }^! wahoo!!! happy dance! i am so happy today. uchenna you are a class act amont class acts. and joyce, you were amazing. you are going to get that family you deserve and more.

i loved it when uchenna dipped her. sigh. and of course uchenna in his shorts, yummy. other highlights of course rob's face when they made the plane. karma is fun. the boys chaning for j/u to win. even the reactions of all the other teams as they saw the first team coming in. wow.

cinni
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 09:25:02 AM »
I am glad U/J won, I mad I did not go with the spoiler.  Uchenna making sure the man was paid was awesome.

Rob/amber were gracious to U/J and were not ugly...I laughed when Rob said 2nd sucked...twice for him.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 10:01:11 AM »
Romber won 3 trips and a home entertainment center...not to mention big bucks from their Survivor experiences, and their soon-to-be-broadcast weddingfest.

Ron/Kelly won $20,000 and a Travelocity trip (not sure if the money is only for use on their travels, but still)

So, U/J, who didn't win anything for coming in first on two legs (even after winning the FF), got the big prize.  I love it when the right thing happens...

Cute moment when Patrick was repeating "Uchenna and Joyce, Uchenna and Joyce" before the finish.  It seemed to me the clapping was very half-hearted by the other teams when Romber crossed the finish line.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »
You are right about the half hearted for Rob and Amber.  yes they were on a show before...but they did all the roadblocks and detours (okay not one).  I think they made the race interesting.

Most of the teams that were eliminated were due to luck ~ bad taxi, wrong turn and all.

Can you imagine being the person that found Rob and Amber's bags....you think they took anything?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 11:20:30 AM »
 {l{ lol Texan . What I thought was stupid was that when their Taxi ( little bastard) driver showed up again they got back in his taxi! The dude did not know where the cigar place was  ..they should have passed him up and taken a chance trying to find a new taxi , funny now that in Lynn & Alex's interview they said that they hoped that Romber would end up with a bad taxi ride   ]][ .

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 12:01:31 PM »
For starters I want everyone to know that I am very happy that Uchenna and Joyce won the Amazing Race.  They certainly overcome innumerable obsticles alonga the way and they certainly deserved to win. And I certainly don't want this to sound like sour grapes, but after all the nasty remarks from the blob and others about how the producers assisted Rob and Amber along the way, I have to bring this up.

DID THEY HAVE DEVINE INTERVENTION?

In this day and age of ultra tight and strict "by-the-rules" Federal Security Regulations at all U.S. airports it is inonceivable to me that American Airlines would hold a plane, re-engage the jetway, and allow passengers (there must have been at least four: Uchenna and Joyce, cameraman, soundman) to board the plane without proper boarding passes (they never got standby boarding passes as Rob and Amber were required to do, but went directly to the gate), had no baggage, and  bought one-way tickets at the last moment before boarding.  So the question is: did the producers intervene?  did someone make a call to the proper people at American Airlines - and remember who one of the sponsors are - to allow Uchenna and Joyce to board the plane so that there would be a race in Miami to heighten the suspense of this television reality drama? Otherwise Rob and Amber would have a good two hour headstart to find the cigar maker and get to the finish line in Ft. Lauderdale.  Not much "drama" in that scenario.  So if I were really goiing to investigate this the first thing I would do is have someone take a look at the phone records of any production personnel who were in the San Juan Airport when the teams were leaving for Miami.

As I said in the beginning, I do not begrudge the fact that Uchenna and Joyce won.  I would just like to know if the producers gave them a little last minute devine help?

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 01:27:07 PM »
You guys are funny today..making me laugh here.

Well done..well deserved well raced..and well..bloody well excellent U&J  (^.# (^.# (^.# Good on ya both. So pray a little one is in the cards for the two of them. I think they'd make ex parents. They have to be one happy couple <[/   ]^]
I was rooting for Romber..but am thrilled U&J took it.

Tons of  {}{ in vehicles last night..it was a riot.

karma is fun

]][ AInt it though..it's personally one of my favorite laws to watch in action.

What a great finish. I was worried that Uchena was going screw himself while looking for money. I was like, run, that old cabbie wasn't going to chase him, or catch him! LOL

I thought it was a spectac  (^.# finish too (in what U&J almost lost to do the 'right' thing). But then wondered if there might be some contractual agreement the teams must sign prior to the race stating "The breaking of any laws could/would negate a win." Just a thought..anyone know?

Anyway, I am soooo happy that Romber lost. I am more happy Romber lost, than I am that U & J won! Isn't that horrible!

:)*  Nope..you're allowed

And I certainly don't want this to sound like sour grapes, but after all the nasty remarks from the blob and others about how the producers assisted Rob and Amber along the way, I have to bring this up.     
DID THEY HAVE DEVINE INTERVENTION?

I was thinking the same thing..this is a case for the team  of Holmes&Watson if I ever I saw one.  }*} ]//{ 
No but seriously..I remember post 9/11 days when they'd hold and/or even call a flight back for late passengers..but now!! Nah..it's virtually unheard of.  *(^ So what's the 411 on that..not that hard to fgure out I guess..had to be intervention..but not of the divine kind.  :(*8

The looks on Rob & Amber's faces when Uchenna & Joyce made that flight were priceless!  I wish I had a good shot of it, I would use it as a wallpaper on my computer.

((^ funny chit..it was a gem of a shot though..bet he's gonna hate it.  ]][ There were actually a couple of priceless Romber shots last night..and it alwasy had to do with the other team showing up..luck works both ways Robbie me boy. I will say they I thought actually ran last night's race of and under their own accord...proving to me they coulda made it without the 'help' from 'star struck' people throughout. Another thing that made me laugh was Rob's not even trying to influence the Jamaican Cabbies..he musta known better..ya just don't try and hurry a rasta mon.  ]][ Love em..they are some awesome people.  }({

I am shocked that we did not get any Ft Lauderdale sightings !! I mean U&J were on the street begging and  Romber were running around little Havana for lord knows how long ...anyway what a happy ending ..now I'm off to catch up on my Survivor spoilers

Good point Puddin..but it did seem both teams were in and outta there really fast  [<[ [<[ [<[  still you'd a thunk it..could be all those }v{  people in Florida wear. It was Little Havana..maybe not alot of TAR watchers there.  _}{ (Oh no I just noticed the other 'shruggie-smiley' is missing...SOB..I shrug alot..I'll just die without a few different'shrug' lQQks.   }-}

Okay I'm over it  ;)

_}{

Notice not one post mentions Rob & Kelly..wonder why...   *(^   /^^
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 03:32:05 PM »
partner you are carcking  me up today!!

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 05:30:23 PM »
my favorite quote of the day, "rob and amber finish second on the amazing race, close but no cigar!"   }^!

sorry, someone had to say it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 05:34:17 PM by cinni »
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 08:19:27 PM »
I am so pleased for Uchenna and Joyce. :] :] |#' |#'  Out of the 3 remaining teams, they were my favourites to win.  And now they can try for that baby they want so badly.   I am a huge Romber fan but I didn't want them to win anymore money as they arleady did.  I am so glad that romber were allowed to race in the Amazing Race because they definitely made it exciting and they are great competitors.  I thought it was great when Amber was last to jump in and swim for the clue and somehow Rob got ahead of everyone.  Good racing there.  The ending was good, I truly felt bad for U/J when no one would give them money.  Uchenna was so polite when he introduced himself to everyone, I know I would have given him some money if I was in that airport.  But as Phil said this morning on the Early show, they got good karma/luck once she shaved her hair off.  I wished they would have a reunion show with all the competitors telling us what they have been up to since they raced. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2005, 08:53:34 PM »
What Gingerman wrote  -*^ )') TPTB

As I said in the beginning, I do not begrudge the fact that Uchenna and Joyce won.  I would just like to know if the producers gave them a little last minute devine help?
Amen , I couldn't have said it better GMan .

Offline xtonimariex

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • x tøni marie x
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 10:09:56 PM »
Oh my, if only you all could have seen Tina and I watching it. All of my nails are gone! :)

Congrats to Uchena and Joyce.

I too was worried that Rob and Amber would beat them while Uchena was searching for money. But what a great heart he has.