Author Topic: Finale Vidcaps updated with AOL " Jump" preview  (Read 51558 times)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Finale Vidcaps
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 02:25:57 PM »
With Rob And Amber, on airplane, smiling.   Notice the girl directly behind them, she has a blanket wrapped around her.  That is something that I would do if I had a long flight of me.  Sure that would mean flight from London to Jamaica.

Welcome, Lucy.  It's not as frantic here.  There's too much fun yet to be had investigating vid caps.

I don't think the plane is coming from London.  Most of the passengers are wearing short sleeve shirts.  You wouldn't expect people leaving damp and cold London with short sleeves.  Remember you could see everyone's breath at the last pit stop.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005, 02:29:25 PM »
First off ~ Welcome to all our new posters!!! Glad to have you!

Great spot about Kelly changing shirts....I do not think they would have alot of extra money to get her new clothes and do not think Amber gave her clothes.

The comment the race takes 2 to win leads me to think R/K do not win...she will be so upset with him at that point I do not think she will care about winning the race.

Amber i can not run ~ is thsi misdirection or foreshadowing that they lose in a foot race?

And the pic of rob and amber in the cab ~ like them or not they seem to really care about each other and get along great.  Good for them.

And Uchenna's comment ~ he is such a great guy. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005, 02:43:38 PM »
welcome guys & gals Lucy/Lucky I actually wanted to invite you over her a few times I'm glad you found your way  ]**]

not much to add , did anyone watch the promo ? Chills and goose bumps  }^/
Lost Without You Lyrics

All I know is I'm lost without you I'm not gonna lie
How am I going to be strong without you I need you by my side
If we ever say we'd never be together and we ended with goodbye don't know what I'd do? I'm lost without you
I keep trying to find my way but all I know is I'm lost without you
I keep trying to face the day I'm lost without you

If I could only hold you now and make the pain just go away
Can't stop the tears from running down my face
Oh
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 02:47:08 PM by puddin »

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2005, 02:47:04 PM »

The comment the race takes 2 to win leads me to think R/K do not win...she will be so upset with him at that point I do not think she will care about winning the race.

Just to play devil's advocate here.  Even though it looks like from the previews that Ron/Kelly are at their lowest point yet in their relationship, even deciding to break up, "the it takes two" might be them deciding to dig down deep within themselves and give it all they have and win. 

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2005, 02:52:37 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome

I also watched that video that CBS took forever to put up, wow, very inspirational, exciting and made me very teary-eyed, LOL

My thoughts is the voice-over  "The Amaxing Race cannot be run alone"  It takes 2 to win" and the song Lost without you.

Could mean to symbolize the conflict with Ron and Kelly, and how their problems takes them out the race, and lose to whomever.

Or that they are able to overcome their problems with each other, and join together for the common goal to win this race.

You know TPTB love, fooling with our minds, and how those previews are never quite what they would have us to believe.

Either way, Tuesday promises to be a great night.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2005, 02:53:34 PM »
true Otto.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2005, 03:21:33 PM »
Thanks supssandalee, I got to think about this a little more!

Here is a couple of Raceygirls statements that might help. Now get to work (%# {l{

"I have been reading lots about TAR teams heading to Miami after San Juan - I can tell you they took AA flights out of San Juan for sure - and that I was also on an AA flight out of San Juan to Miami 12/18/04 AMERICAN AIRLINES flight 1350 SJU MIA 1,045 miles (from my statement) - they weren't there. I'm sure there were other AA flights between SJ and MI that day though."

"I also wanted to note that the team that arrived before U/J arrived about 10 minutes, give or take a couple minutes, before U/J - not a big difference (I was still waiting to check my bags, which is why I missed where U/J went in the airport). U/J didn't check anything - what they had in the pic is all they had when they jumped out of the SUV - and I don't think they or the other team went back to the SUVs because as soon as they parked them at the curb they jumped out and went into the airport - then some Amazing Race staff got in the SUVs and went and parked them somewhere. Nice, valet on the Amazing Race."

"Hello! I saw two teams...one I now know is U/J. The other I definately believe now to have been R/K. There was a team that arrived while I was in line that I missed in the excitement - they were the team ahead of U/J. So, I could have missed a team altogether, or that team could have been R/K who I saw inside the airport later. Also a Survivor fan, I would have noticed R/A FOR SURE "

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2005, 03:23:33 PM »
From AirWise

Flight      Dep                 Arr          Aircraft
AA1114      7:15 am   9:52 am   Airbus 300-600
AA1612      8:40 am   11:24 am   Airbus 300-600
AA1550      10:35 am   1:16 pm   757
AA1350      12:55 pm   3:35 pm   Airbus 300-600
AA1236      2:41 pm   5:28 pm   757

Using the aircraft type information pointed out by Gman and the point that Racygirl was on #1350 sans racers I believe that R&A had to be on either #1114 or 1612 (because the promo shows them in an Airbus as opposed to 757).

That coupled with the estimate that she saw U&J and Ron (and Kelly too, I don’t know) at about 11:00 am (she was checking in her baggage for her 12:55 pm flight) leads me to conclude that R&K and (maybe) U&J got on #1236.

Looking at the arrival times that means R&A arrive in the destination city at least 6 hours ahead of any other team.

That leads me to believe that the betting spoiler is phony.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 03:40:49 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2005, 04:00:39 PM »
Looking at the arrival times that means R&A arrive in the destination city at least 6 hours ahead of any other team.

That leads me to believe that the betting spoiler is phony.

OR ..... R/A are the team that is 5 hours behind in Jamaica. They all shipped their big backpacks home and U/J don't get mugged afterall.
  ]#*

I've asked Raceygirl what time her photos were taken and hopefully we'll see a reply.

Offline thechosenone

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2005, 04:18:53 PM »
Romber arriving 6 hours ahead of everybody would go with what a poster said at TwOP...

I don't think rob and amber will be the team that are five hours behind in jamaica... From what we know, the road block involves jumping off a bridge.. and one of the Detour options involves going on somekind of raft..

Unless the other detour is golfing, then the spoiler is probably wrong.. Maybe the person saw two teams go (uchenna and joyce, ron and kelly, which is why he said not romber, and later on mistaked somebody else for a team?)

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »
Hi guys...

I've been looking at the airplane stuff too, and not to throw a wrench in the thought process, but the flight that shows R&A COULD be them leaving London. There are a lot of flights leaving London on the 14th that are British Airways 744's which also have the 4 rows in the middle. All I'm saying is that it could be another misdirection of where they actually are.

Also, I can't see R&A being able to get one of those early flights in San Juan, because the flight TO San Juan doesn't get there till like 6:24 pm as far as I can see,  so they'd have to start the tasks in San Juan in the morning.

Also, racey girl hints to NOT seeing another team come in, which could have been R&A, which gives them only a few minutes lead.

I'm just hesitant to see how R&A could get such a lead, when we see them all together in Jamaica,  and there are not a plethora of flights (only two I can see) that go from Jamaica to PR, for them to get a substantial lead at that point in the game....

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2005, 04:23:08 PM »
one thign we need to keep in mind...When R/k were noneliminated they said 2nd of 3 predetermined non eliminations.  That means we have a pit stop in all this still to factor in.  SO that means 2 detours and 2 roadblocks that could cause bunch ups or give a team an advantage.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2005, 04:31:45 PM »
Also, there could by Cessna-style travel from Jamaica to Puerto Rico, or a boat?  Since they arrive at the San Jaun airport in SUVs that means they have been doing a sequnece of race activities.  I would guess that the final leg begins on the 16th or 17th.

We should see about British Airways flight, you can see a stewardess in the shot.  Which airline has that uniform?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 04:34:51 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline ryndmc

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2005, 04:34:12 PM »
I am new here and I am completely confused!!   |( 

One thing I am having trouble understanding is the raceygirl spotting.  She says she saw U/J & R/K BUT she missed one team coming in because she was in line?  So that means all 3 teams are accounted for right?  How did R&A end up 5 hours ahead?

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2005, 04:34:55 PM »
Here's another thing to look at, in that raceygirl thread:

On a flight from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Miami Florida on December 18, 2004. Onboard in coach: a couple dressed in nearly identical light blue outfits with backpacks, videographer (broadcast quality Beta cam), soundman with baffled fishpole mike and separate audio tape machine. In the forward cabin, about a half-dozen production staff types. Upon arrival the couple dashed down the aisle, through the jetway and toward the terminal building, shooting all the time. (The cameraman collided with an oncoming catering cart as they rounded a blind corner)

Light blue tells me Ron & Kelly. This tells me that U&J DO miss this flight. Raceygirl says that U&J and R&K come in at about the same time, so theoretically,  they should be on the same flight. Perhaps U&J do lose a clue and have to go back for it, thereby missing the flight with R&K... The fact that she is crying and seems so upset about it, tells me that they do not have R&A behind them to fall back on.

BUT, where are R&A? The other thing to notice in the post above is the:  about a half-dozen production staff types in first class. If this is production moving along, wouldn't they be on the earliest team's flight out? So they can stay ahead of the race? So that leads me to believe that R&K are ahead of R&A.

Too many options! LOL

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2005, 04:41:18 PM »
just passing through , welcome  ryndmc  :<(

Commercial airlines which do not have established operations in Jamaica, may contract the services of Jamaica Dispatch Limited and AJAS Limited, which are the authorized handling agents at the Norman Manley International Airport. These companies offer a full range of services, including passenger processing, cargo handling and ramp handling.

AJAS Limited,

Norman Manley International Airport
Kingston - Norman Manley International Airport

« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 04:45:48 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2005, 04:45:33 PM »
RaceyGirl 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"
03-31-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
    24. "RE: I think it's Ron"
Awesome job again IceCat!! I also wanted to note that the team that arrived before U/J arrived about 10 minutes, give or take a couple minutes, before U/J - not a big difference (I was still waiting to check my bags, which is why I missed where U/J went in the airport). U/J didn't check anything - what they had in the pic is all they had when they jumped out of the SUV - and I don't think they or the other team went back to the SUVs because as soon as they parked them at the curb they jumped out and went into the airport - then some Amazing Race staff got in the SUVs and went and parked them somewhere. Nice, valet on the Amazing Race

04-04-05, 09:56 PM (EST)
    38. "RE: To RaceyGirl"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 10:00 PM (EST)
Hello! I saw two teams...one I now know is U/J. The other I definately believe now to have been R/K. There was a team that arrived while I was in line that I missed in the excitement - they were the team ahead of U/J. So, I could have missed a team altogether, or that team could have been R/K who I saw inside the airport later. Also a Survivor fan, I would have noticed R/A FOR SURE  And, I did not see any older teams. Fun, Fun!

04-06-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
    42. "Response about Rob and Info about Miami Destination"
It's not Rob - I would have known Rob from Survivor and I would have been all over that ;)
Also, I have been reading lots about TAR teams heading to Miami after San Juan - I can tell you they took AA flights out of San Juan for sure - and that I was also on an AA flight out of San Juan to Miami 12/18/04 AMERICAN AIRLINES flight 1350 SJU MIA 1,045 miles (from my statement) - they weren't there. I'm sure there were other AA flights between SJ and MI that day though.
Anyway, I really think there's no chance that was Rob and I and my friend missed it 

Here is some potential TAR 7 info. I got this email from a friend of mine today. He gave me this info based on an email that he received from friend.
On a flight from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Miami Florida on December 18, 2004. Onboard in coach: a couple dressed in nearly identical light blue outfits with backpacks, videographer (broadcast quality Beta cam), soundman with baffled fishpole mike and separate audio tape machine. In the forward cabin, about a half-dozen production staff types. Upon arrival the couple dashed down the aisle, through the jetway and toward the terminal building, shooting all the time. (The cameraman collided with an oncoming catering cart as they rounded a blind corner)

This was the only couple being filmed on this flight, but that makes some sense since, per the published shooting schedule, they would have possibly been down to the final three at that point.

The last one is not Raceygirl, but from (?) about an on board sighting of a team that must be R&K.

It looks to me that she knew a team arrive 10 min ahead of U&J.  Then, later she saw Ron and took the Ron photo.  She assumed that Ron was part of the team that came in 10 min ahead of U&J.  She did not ever see R&A. 

So, my guess is that R&A came through much earlier in the day.

ETA:   Sorry for the duplication!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 04:50:19 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2005, 04:51:54 PM »
Pix No. 67 that U/J are at the Norman Manley International Airport, Kingston, Jamaica (KIN).  This also is true of scenes 39 and 41. Note the sign behind Uchenna as he holds the weeping Joyce: AJAS LIMITED. This is an airline service company only located at KIN. So They are at the airport leaving Jamaica supposedly on the way to Puerto Rico, SJU. And there are no direct flights between the two airports that I know of. So if they miss some flight they are in deep doo doo.  This must be the morning after the pitstop in Jamaica since they have been mugged and are carrying a black plastic bag and no backpacks.

And if the ROADBLOCK is as reported to be in Jamaica to be something to do with hitting golf balls, then Amber and not Rob would have to be doing it. Does she play golf?  I know he does. So that would make the dive off the bridge or whatever the ROADBLOCK in Puerto Rico and Amber would also have to do this one since Rob has used up his six.. Any ideas.

Offline floridagirl

• RFF Jr. Member
  • ROMBER ROCKS
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2005, 04:52:59 PM »
Just a question about the Rob and Amber Flight.  If this flight is leaving LONDON  wouldn't they be dressed with heavier clothing?  I would expect to maybe see a jacket etc... on at least someone.....

just a thought
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 09:47:26 AM by floridagirl »
Life is a reality show.

Offline thechosenone

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2005, 04:59:14 PM »
I think they're going to america in that picture because in the picture where we know for sure that amber and rob are in the puerto rican airport, they are wearing the EXACT same clothes.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2005, 05:02:48 PM »
Just a question about the Rob and Amber Flight.  If this flight is leaving LONDON  wouldn't they be dressed with heavier clothing?  I would expect to maybe see a jacker etc... on at least someone.....

just a thought

That's exactly why we believe it is probably the American Airlines flight from Puerto Rico to Miami.  It has to be an Airbus 300-600 widebodied jet and since Raceygirl was on American Flight 1350 (also a widebodied jet) leaving at 12:55 and she did not see Rob or Amber or the production crew on board then Rob and amber most likely were on flight 1114 or 1612 which left 3 or 2 hours before her flight.

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2005, 05:06:08 PM »

BUT, where are R&A? The other thing to notice in the post above is the:  about a half-dozen production staff types in first class. If this is production moving along, wouldn't they be on the earliest team's flight out? So they can stay ahead of the race? So that leads me to believe that R&K are ahead of R&A.

/quote]

Does anyone know if "prouction staff types" travel with all the teams not just the front runners?  Especially, at the end. 

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2005, 05:32:03 PM »
I think they're going to america in that picture because in the picture where we know for sure that amber and rob are in the puerto rican airport, they are wearing the EXACT same clothes.

Yes, but #22 shows them heading to the gate with their backpacks.

I don't think the Ron-background shot has the backpacks.  Checking...

ETA:  Nevermind, now I realize that you are talking about #22!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 05:36:34 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2005, 05:39:46 PM »
OK, so I'm trying to create a time line... feel free to correct me on anything or point out some other possibilities.

Leave London, on the 14th

Flight Schedule Dec 14th Heathrow London to Kingston Jamaica:
9:45am 5:05pm KIN  BA 0207 / DL 8864*  744/320  MIA 2:35 hrs.

9:45am 5:05pm KIN  BA 0207 / JM 0024   744/320  MIA 2:35 hrs. 

9:45am 5:09pm KIN  BA 0207 / AA 1733   744/738  MIA 2:40 hrs.

9:45am 5:09pm KIN  BA 0207 / 5195*   744/738 MIA 2:40 hrs. 

10:20am 5:05pm KIN  AA 0057 / DL 8864*  777/320   MIA 1:45 hrs.

10:20am 5:05pm KIN  AA 0057 / JM 0024  777/320 MIA 1:45 hrs.

10:20am 5:09pm KIN  AA 0057 / 1733  777/738 MIA 1:50 hrs.

So, the earliest any team can arrive in Jamaica is 5 ish, leaving only 30 minutes of daylight from touchdown,  so tasks done on the 15th... We know they're all together at least at some point of this, doing daylight tasks in Jamaica.

Complete Task sometime on the 15th, maybe even before noon, so they can leave Jamaica that same day. They'd have to do this, because from the flight searches, I see no 16th or 17th flights out of Jamaica to San Juan, unless they were to have the teams do something other than fly. BUT now that we see U&J at the Jamaica airport, they must have to fly... so the 15th it is...unless there is some little know charter airline running that flight, or some other connection not shown on searches.

Flight Schedule Dec 15th Kingston Jamaica to San Juan Puerto Rico:
12:35pm KIN 6:24pm SJU  BW 0415 / AA 5171*   738/AT7   SXM 1:35 hrs.  (anyone know what airline BW is?)

12:35pm KIN  6:58pm SJU  BW 0415 / AA 5165*  738/AT7  SXM 2:10 hrs.

So, they get to Puerto Rico at 6:24 pm on the 15th, again no daylight for tasks, tasks done on the am of the 16th-complete afternoon of the 16th.

IF, there's going to be a mugging, there must be one after the PR tasks. It couldn't be in Jamaica, because there are no flights on the 16th or 17th heading to PR. The only way for the teams to be leaving Puerto Rico on the 18th, is if they hold off the pit stop till Puerto Rico. (unless of course as noted above, there are flights that are not showing up in searches)

Since this is the last leg of the race, teams have a 36 hour pit stop, and leave PR early AM on the 18th for Miami.

OK, so I'm trying to see how R&A could get such a big lead. Let's say they rock their tasks in PR. Awesomely rock em, and are done by 10 am. Then the rest of the teams aren't done until, let's say even 6pm. R&A don't set out till 10pm, too late for an immediate flight out, and the other teams  get to leave at 6:00 am, with some time to catch the earliest flight out.

OR, another scenario, since we see Joyce breaking down in the Jamaica airport, is that they miss those two flights to San Juan. They figure their are majorly screwed since there are no flights on the 16th and 17th... but they find an alternate way to get there... they must, because they are seen in PR on the 18th.

The biggest chance for a R&A lead, is that R&A ARE the only ones who make that 12:35 flight to San Juan. R&A and R&K have to find alternate transport, and are over a day behind. They'd have to be, because a 6:24 pm arriving flight for R&A, leaves a lot of room for teams to catch up, when they have to wait till the next day to start tasks. Unless they have nighttime tasks in PR of course.

Offline orlando spring

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2005, 06:02:07 PM »
What if the golf is a detour, not a roadblock? It could be some variation of best ball, with each person hitting and then getting to use the best shot. That would be an great detour (or roadblock) so late in the game because it requires both power (tee shot) and patience (putting).

In terms of London, do we know when Rob and Amber arrived, and would 12 hours after that be a possibility for a flight, or will they be bunched? I've only ever flown out of London mid-day to arrive in the states, but maybe they catch a much earlier flight than R/K and U/J? It looks like they got in to the pitstop a lot earlier than the other two. (sorry, didn't see post right above!)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 06:08:33 PM by orlando spring »