Author Topic: Finale Vidcaps updated with AOL " Jump" preview  (Read 52062 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Finale Vidcaps
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2005, 01:17:58 PM »
Based on PR being part of the US (much like Guam, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa), a PR airport is considered a US port of entry, so they could clear US customs there. Jamaica is not, so they wouldn't be able to.

True. So is a a cruise port. I recently cruised from PR and we cleared customs at the cruise port. We didn't go through customs at the airport or when we landed in Houston. Probably the main reason for going to PR is to keep them from being delayed by customs on the final city.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2005, 02:04:41 PM »
oops I posted this is the other thread  *8/
I beleive Joyce did give Gretchen the yellow fleece ( where is that article  *(^ )
sorry to repeat but without going through the whole thread , does this help at all ?

TWop spoiler

Here is some potential TAR 7 info. I got this email from a friend of mine today. He gave me this info based on an email that he received from friend.

On a flight from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Miami Florida on December 18, 2004. Onboard in coach: a couple dressed in nearly identical light blue outfits with backpacks, videographer (broadcast quality Beta cam), soundman with baffled fishpole mike and separate audio tape machine. In the forward cabin, about a half-dozen production staff types. Upon arrival the couple dashed down the aisle, through the jetway and toward the terminal building, shooting all the time. (The cameraman collided with an oncoming catering cart as they rounded a blind corner)

This was the only couple being filmed on this flight, but that makes some sense since, per the published shooting schedule, they would have possibly been down to the final three at that point. 

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2005, 02:29:39 PM »
I was investigating in advance about a month ago about the customs issue.

Per the Jamaican Embassy

Persons traveling with US Passports tend to encounter fewer difficulties upon departure....visitors must have a return ticket and be able to show sufficient funds for their visit in Jamaica.....   taken from the U S Department of State Re: Jamaica

Could be why London was NOT a elimination leg, since racer would have to have funds?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2005, 03:33:06 PM »

TWop spoiler

Here is some potential TAR 7 info. I got this email from a friend of mine today. He gave me this info based on an email that he received from friend.

On a flight from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Miami Florida on December 18, 2004. Onboard in coach: a couple dressed in nearly identical light blue outfits with backpacks, videographer (broadcast quality Beta cam), soundman with baffled fishpole mike and separate audio tape machine. In the forward cabin, about a half-dozen production staff types. Upon arrival the couple dashed down the aisle, through the jetway and toward the terminal building, shooting all the time. (The cameraman collided with an oncoming catering cart as they rounded a blind corner)

This was the only couple being filmed on this flight, but that makes some sense since, per the published shooting schedule, they would have possibly been down to the final three at that point. 

Okay this is interesting....as R/K would not have a back packs at this point ~ doubt they would buy them this late in the game.  I think this maybe a decoy team. And none of the other teams left will have similar outfits

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2005, 03:58:31 PM »
just ignore me, I'm bored  (*(

San Juan Airport
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 04:22:47 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2005, 04:37:10 PM »
This is strange because the middle shot clearly says "Fire" and "Fire Hose" in English with NO spanish titles.  Do not think that could be in San Juan.  And we have similar shot of Uchenna and Joyce with in english sign "check in" above their heads and AJAS LIMITED on wall behind them.  Perhaps, the spanish translation of "Tourist Information Center" which by the way has the primary positition above the spanish is to help spanish speaking tourists coming through Kingston. Such is the case in Miami where so many spanish-speaking people come and go.  So just because sign has a spanish translation below it does not per se this is San Juan Airport.

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2005, 04:41:41 PM »
This is strange because the middle shot clearly says "Fire" and "Fire Hose" in English with NO spanish titles.  Do not think that could be in San Juan.  And we have similar shot of Uchenna and Joyce with in english sign "check in" above their heads and AJAS LIMITED on wall behind them.  Perhaps, the spanish translation of "Tourist Information Center" which by the way has the primary positition above the spanish is to help spanish speaking tourists coming through Kingston. Such is the case in Miami where so many spanish-speaking people come and go.  So just because sign has a spanish translation below it does not per se this is San Juan Airport.

I thought people had already established upthread that that was Kingston Airport, due to the AJAS LIMITED sign... and someone posted the link for AJAS limited in Jamaica....

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2005, 05:20:01 PM »
EXACTLY!!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2005, 06:00:56 PM »
Nice find Puddin, where did you find that pic of the San Juan Airport (with Tourist info center sign) ?

I can't find it in the link. 

This could mean that U&J have their flight begging problem at San Juan. 

If so then they would not be on the direct 10:35 am AA1550 flight.  Because they arrived at 10:05 am, no way to make a 10:35 flight if there are hangups.  And Raceygirl did not see any teams on her 12:55 pm flight.

The next best flight is the 2:41 pm departing AA 1236 that I think R&K got on.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2005, 07:06:07 PM »
Vidcap #11 is really perplexing me.  The only time we usually see racers together like this is at the beginning of a leg.  They're usually waiting for something to open. 

Rob and Amber are wearing the same clothes as they are wearing in the raft poling and piggybacking vidcaps.  I believe those occur in Jamaica.

Uchenna, Joyce, and Ron are wearing the same clothes as they are wearing in RaceyGirl's San Juan Airport photos.

If there is a pitstop in Jamaica and Uchenna and Joyce are non-eliminated, and this vidcap is after the NEL,then why didn't Rob and Amber change clothes?

If this vidcap occurs the morning after the teams arrive in Jamaica (before the NEL) , and the leg is a NEL leg, then why didn't Ron change clothes?  (He and Kelly weren't wearing shorts in London)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2005, 07:24:04 PM »
If this vidcap occurs the morning after the teams arrive in Jamaica (before the NEL) , and the leg is a NEL leg, then why didn't Ron change clothes?  (He and Kelly weren't wearing shorts in London)

It looks like R&K's pants are detachable and they are wearing the same pants in #17 and #11, just without the legs in #11.

I think #11 has them running to the cluebox after a place has opened (that's what caused the bunch) and then, #14 is where R&A go next.  I see a clue in Rob's left hand.  They are wearing the same clothes as in #11.

I would guess that Amber takes off the sweat pants and top to do the water jump.  We see Rob carrying her extra clothes during the piggyback clip.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2005, 08:21:20 PM »
Nice find Puddin, where did you find that pic of the San Juan Airport (with Tourist info center sign) ?

I can't find it in the link.

This could mean that U&J have their flight begging problem at San Juan.

If so then they would not be on the direct 10:35 am AA1550 flight. Because they arrived at 10:05 am, no way to make a 10:35 flight if there are hangups. And Raceygirl did not see any teams on her 12:55 pm flight.

The next best flight is the 2:41 pm departing AA 1236 that I think R&K got on.

here you go Chateau
http://www.worldtrip.de/Karibik/Puerto-Rico/puerto-rico-san-juan.html

I'm still looking for that darn bridge/ structure that they are leaping from and wont give up  ]*] untill I go totally insane .( its so famaliar to me )

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2005, 09:47:19 PM »
Thanks, how did you find it in German?

Here is a lead (I have to go, can't follow it) on the bridge:
http://www.golocaljamaica.com/readarticle.php?ArticleID=4412

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2005, 10:10:53 PM »
I think that the bridge is not bridge.

The bauxite mine (probably the tall white building) has shafts that run down the mountains on conveyors to get the ore down to bay area in Ocho Rios. I am sure that shaft/conveyor is what they are jumping from. A bridge would have some sort of road surface and I do not see that. You can see where there is that platform thing, sticking out at the level they are jumping.

One heck of a roadblock.

Sorry no pics to back this up, looked for quite a while, but I did find reference to the conveyors on an ATV site, Ocho Rios.

:)*   ^/^  Is anyone a James Bond fan ? I'm just grasping at straws here ...just spec nothing solid .

Slowly, he tilted his head upward toward the long, dark arm of the conveyor belt. He shifted his gaze to the abandoned bauxite mine at one end and then to the battered brick building at the other. Without thinking or even looking, he started down the gently sloping drive toward the Reynolds Pier, straining to take in all of the 'familiar' scene. Incredibly, the brick building now before him was the identical twin of the one from which he had escaped so long ago. In fact, the whole installation seemed as familiar as the little Chelsea Square he was pleased to call his home.

Willing himself back to the present, Bond approached the amenable guard and spoke to him briefly in standard English. No money changed hands and the Jamaican waved him through for a closer inspection of the pier. Gawping like a tourist in Piccadilly, Bond slowly made his way to the end of the pier. The two cranes were still there, towering above the pier, as were the socks that formed the end of the twin conveyor belts. How much bauxite had passed through those socks and into the waiting holds of the Reynolds Aluminium ships? 

http://www.secretintel.com/archives/1.02/travel/death09.html

“Live and Let Die” and a large bauxite mine and pier. I’m still trying to discover if this was the location used as the exterior of Dr No’s lair in that Bond film (which was filmed in the Ocho Rios area) but I haven’t been able to nail it down. It looked similar but I imagine all bauxite mines look about the same (except to other bauxite mines).

http://www.epinions.com/content_176321433220

Reynolds Pier
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 10:19:06 PM by puddin »

Offline about that

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2005, 10:26:19 PM »
Hi everybody,
I usually post at Sucks. I am originally from Puerto Rico (living in the US now). I just wanted to confirm that the U/J pics in an airport with big white or shiny silver columns are in the San Juan airport.
There is also a picture of R/A running towards an exit with their backpacks. This seems to me like the baggage claim area so it could be when they are arriving to the island.
I've never seem that bridge structure where they seem to be bungee jumping in PR.
That's all I have for now.
Good discussion!

PS: Yes, we do have Fire hoses without spanish subtitles at the San Juan aiport.  :)

Edited to add: Upon closer examination, I think that the R/A pics are actually at the ticket counter area. They are running towards the gates/security checkpoint. This is actually about 30 feet from where RaceyGirl took a pic of Ron.

U/J pics by the fire hose are definitely inside the terminal, probably by the gate anxiously waiting to get on a flight.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 11:17:13 PM by about that »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2005, 10:41:48 PM »
 _^%  about that Thank You  for confirming the San Juan airport vidcaps  ]**]
PS: Yes, we do have Fire hoses without spanish subtitles at the San Juan aiport.
   lol , ^/^

Offline about that

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2005, 11:06:16 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, puddin. I feel warm and fuzzy inside.   })}
I want to add that I've been carefully looking at all the vidcaps in this thread, and I am pretty sure that the only vidcaps from Puerto Rico are at the airport. I am a little disappointed because I was expecting to see a couple of pics from a detour or roadblock somewhere in PR. Oh, well! Maybe we'll get more previews over the weekend so I can be more helpful in this discussion.

Keep up the good work!

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2005, 11:37:54 PM »
I think the falls in Ocho Rios, was used in the filming of the Dr. No. movie, saw it mentioned in my search, maybe the Y S Falls, never watched the movie, so not sure about the bauxite mine, but since the movie crew would have been in the area doing the other filming, would make sense.  I will investigate further.

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2005, 12:14:01 AM »
Correction to the Dr. No, the Falls are Dunn River Falls where movie was filmed.

After checking some Dr. No. websites (who knew) following found.

1962  Movie being filmed Vanzee Swamp   Valmouth, Jamaica   and Ocho Rioes, near the homes of Ian Fleming and Noel Coward

Also movie filmed @ Reynolds Aluminum in Ochio Rios  (high pier)

At the time of the film, Jamaica was the largest producer of alumina.
Actual alumina plant used for the exterior of Dr. No's base in the film.

As a said before, never seen movie.

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2005, 12:29:25 AM »
Reynolds mines, plant and offices were situated in the HILLS south of Ocho Rios.

Ore mined in open pits, dried and then transported by OVER HEAD CONVEYOR BELT 6.3 miles long.

excerpted fom Book "Tour Jamaica" by Margaret Morris

found on discoverjamaica.con/gleaner  site

Much too sleepy, going to bed now :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2005, 12:36:38 AM »
Thanks Lucy  , thanks guys & gals ..must get some sleep too  so that we can do it all again tomorrow  )_^> .

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2005, 10:55:20 AM »
I guess we can't challenge an eyewitness to the San Juan Airport. But still shots of Uchenna and Joyce seem to look like they are in a different airport location.  Puddin's San Jaun Tourist Center Information sign has a large red sign behind it in Spanish saying "BIENVENDIDO" or Welcome.  No such sign seen behind the Tourist Information Center sign which UJchenna and Joyce run past. We also have shot of them in airport with red "Check In" sign above them and AJAS LIMITED sign on wall behind them.  Does San Juan Airport also have a service by Ajas Limited?  Our informtion is that it is only located at the Kingston Airport (KIN).

The shot of the three teams running toward the White Building certainly looks like they have bunched up waiting for the rafting experience to open up. Very similar to the run of the teams at the Railroad Museum in Budapest.

Any chance that bridge dive might be at some place in Puerto Rico, how about that, About That?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2005, 11:13:06 AM »
A few new screen grabs from Dreamer ( more here )   , dont know that they will help so fwiw~
Ron1
Ron2
Ron 3
Romber1
Romber 2
Romber3
Romber4
Romber5
Romber6
U&J1
U&J2
R&K1
R&K2
U&J3
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 11:17:57 AM by puddin »

Offline about that

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2005, 11:24:52 AM »
I guess we can't challenge an eyewitness to the San Juan Airport. But still shots of Uchenna and Joyce seem to look like they are in a different airport location.  Puddin's San Jaun Tourist Center Information sign has a large red sign behind it in Spanish saying "BIENVENDIDO" or Welcome.  No such sign seen behind the Tourist Information Center sign which UJchenna and Joyce run past. We also have shot of them in airport with red "Check In" sign above them and AJAS LIMITED sign on wall behind them.  Does San Juan Airport also have a service by Ajas Limited?  Our informtion is that it is only located at the Kingston Airport (KIN).

The shot of the three teams running toward the White Building certainly looks like they have bunched up waiting for the rafting experience to open up. Very similar to the run of the teams at the Railroad Museum in Budapest.

Any chance that bridge dive might be at some place in Puerto Rico, how about that, About That?

I haven't seen the preview itself, I've only seen the vidcaps. I haven't seen a vidcap of U/J running past a Tourist Info center.
This one with the AJAS sign is in Jamaica, not PR.

The three pics of U/J in an area with white or shiny silver columns are in PR.

I am not familiar with the bridge-like structure where they jump into the water. I believe that the vidcaps of the teams running together, at the bridge and rafting, which seem to be on the same day, are from Jamaica.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2005, 01:38:47 PM »
Since the may flies are tearing me apart I gave up the yard work ..what are we looking for aside from the stupid bridge structure ? Let me know as I have some free time on my hands and am in a search mood  :<(