Author Topic: Jump the Shark Ep. 12 questions/discussion  (Read 4673 times)

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jump the Shark Ep. 12 questions/discussion
« on: May 01, 2005, 08:00:27 AM »
JTS is up, still at 20% EBB (101 hours to vote)

Episode 12 - We'll Make You Pay

The aftermath of an emotional Tribal Council and stormy weather combine for a night the tribe will never forget. To their surprise and delight, some Survivors are overwhelmed by a visit from their loved ones. A strong alliance leaves one castaway on the outside looking in, with Immunity the only chance for survival. Paranoia sets in as alliances crumble and some Survivors feel like they've lost control of the game.

# Question Pts
1. Which loved one will appear for Caryn?
 ** Undecided ** A. Daughter B. Son C. Spouse D. Non-spousal lover E. Male friend F. Female friend G. Mother H. Father I. Grandmother J. Grandfather K. Niece L. Nephew M. Uncle N. Aunt O. Inconclusive gender P. None of the above is correct 10

2. Which loved one will appear for Greg?
 ** Undecided ** A. Daughter B. Son C. Spouse D. Non-spousal lover E. Male friend F. Female friend G. Mother H. Father I. Grandmother J. Grandfather K. Niece L. Nephew M. Uncle N. Aunt O. Inconclusive gender P. None of the above is correct 10

3. Which loved one will appear for Ian?

4. Which loved one will appear for Jennifer?

5. Which loved one will appear for Katie?

6. Which loved one will appear for Tom?

7. Who all will visit the diving boat (either as a result of winning the Reward Challenge or being offered to come along)?
 ** Undecided ** A. 3 Castaways only B. 2 Castaways only C. 1 Castaway only D. 3 Castaways plus 1 loved one E. 3 Castaways plus 3 loved ones F. 2 Castaways plus 1 loved one G. 2 Castaways plus 2 loved ones H. 1 Castaway plus 1 loved one I. None of the above is correct 20

8. Will any of the loved ones be involved in a challenge?
 ** Undecided ** A. Yes - Reward Challenge B. Yes - Immunity Challenge C. Yes - Both Challenges D. No - or none of the above is correct 15

9. Who will win the Reward Challenge?
 ** Undecided ** A. Caryn B. Greg C. Ian D. Jennifer E. Katie F. Tom G. More than one H.None of the above is correct 15

10. Who will win the Immunity Challenge?
 ** Undecided ** A. Caryn B. Greg C. Ian D. Jennifer E. Katie F. Tom G. More than one H.None of the above is correct 15

11. Who will receive the 2nd most votes or win a tie breaker in the first round?
 ** Undecided ** A. Caryn B. Greg C. Ian D. Jennifer E. Katie F. Tom G. None of the above or a tie for second 5

12. Who will be eliminated?
 ** Undecided ** A. Caryn B. Greg C. Ian D. Jennifer E. Katie F. Tom G. None of the above or more than one 30
Total Points 160

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
Re: Jump the Shark Ep. 12 questions/discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 08:29:46 AM »
Oh NO!!!!
Has there been any spoiler info out there about which relatives come???
If not, we're DOOMED |(
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 08:32:34 AM »
My picks aren't cast in stone, am hoping for some good spoilers to surface.  I'm a bit nervous about the clue that only "some" castaways receive visits.  Hard to believe the producers would bring people to Pulau and not let them get a few minutes' visit.  Also interesting is that brother or sister are not options.  I may just go with "none of the above" for all!

P. None of the above is correct 10  (considering husband)

E. Male friend 10 (considering father)

P. None of the above is correct 10 (considering male friend)

F. Female friend  10 (considering none of the above)

F. Female friend  10 (considering none of the above)

P. None of the above is correct 10 (considering male friend)

7. Who all will visit the diving boat (either as a result of winning the Reward Challenge or being offered to come along)?
E. 3 Castaways plus 3 loved ones 20

D. No - or none of the above is correct 15

B. Greg

F. Tom  15 (considering Ian)

11. Who will receive the 2nd most votes or win a tie breaker in the first round?
A. Caryn  5

B. Greg  30  (the only definite!)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 09:43:37 AM »
OMG  ..this is nuts!! Thanks Richard .
Swanee , the web teaser To their surprise and delight, some Survivors are overwhelmed by a visit from their loved ones.
We know that from Mer's spoiler that Gregg wins reward and takes Katie & Jenn ..to further prove this we see Jenn & Gregg in new bathing suits during the IC ..Jenn new white suit & Gregg new Red trunks .

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Tom wins IC . During Stephs Live interview she said " this was the first time that I saw Tom without the IN " or something like that referring of course to EP 11 TC where Ian had the IN on .

I also think that just maybe only Gregg , Katie & Jenn's loved ones are shown and are not apart of the challenge , they are surprised and delighted when they arrive at reward / Dolphin swim /AgressorII to find there loved ones .
So like rmax I have none of the above for Family Ian/Tom/Caryn .
For Gregg ( reading his bio ) he has one sister so I put none of the above for now because sister is not an option but thats just a guess , I have no idea it could be a male friend /college buddy or his parents , who knows .
Jenn I guessed a female friend , she does not talk about her family in her bio so thats just a guess also.
Katie I put Male friend  ( rolled the dice no idea )
I love the option inconclusive gender {l{ lmao
Also I have Caryn for second most votes ...Greggs conf : Caryn is going home , or something like that , thinking that he is clueless that hes being voted off .

snewser posted this  ]][
Snewser
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I starting to understand where weaknesses lay and will adapt accordingly. Expect the game to become increasingly difficult. 

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 12:04:19 PM »
IM 50/50 on weather they will know about the family members being there. Remember If Gregg had picked someone else to go in his place he would have lasted longer??? so is this a bad decision saying he should have let Ian go becuase he didnt get a letter?? or more a bad decision ala Burton in PI.  IM leaning toward a bad decision becuase Ian/Tom/Caryn will hatch a new alliance while they are away.

As far as who are the relatives Gregg gets a new swimsuit probably from his father althought it could be a male friend.  Jenn also gets a new swimsuit so we can atleast assume that a female visits her either friend or mother.  Katie may have a male friend cant find any vid caps with any new clothing for her, im not sure you would think that a male would atleast give his shirt to her?? but you would also think that anyone would offer some clothing after Jenns and Greggs loved ones gave up clothing but like I said theres no real clear vidcaps.  I definately dont think that Survivor in any way gives them bathing suits, did they give Ulong suits for the swim in Jellyfish lake??????? 

Caryn or Tom is the other vote probably Caryn if Tom plays his card with Gregg right.
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 12:31:19 PM »
Wasn't Lill given a bathing suit on the reward that Johny Fairplay took her on?  So I don't think necessarily that the new swimsuits are given by the loved ones, the boat probably has spares on it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 02:25:51 PM »
I think rmax is right , they most likely get new suits as part of the reward
Messhall has alot of good spec as well as Survivor Fever

Start of challenge, Tom in the early lead.  Gregg wearing new red swim trunks.

Climbing over nets.

Tom crawling

Jenn untying knots.  Wearing new white swim suit.

Gross food - Balut -  half incubated ducks, Gregg gags.

Six targets to shoot at. Only two colors. This is probably the last event and Ian is one of the final two.
Were lead to beleive that Ian is shooting and the blue flag raises but we don't know that Ian is blue or if Tom is blue ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 10:09:29 PM »
posted by Okie @ Messhall ( how cool is this   }^! ? )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Ian's shooting at the brown targets...

From this animation taken from Okie's promo MPG, you can see that Ian's shooting at, and just barely missing, one of the brown targets, not the blue one we see getting whacked later in the sequence.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 10:26:20 PM »

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 08:11:16 AM »
I definately dont think that Survivor in any way gives them bathing suits, did they give Ulong suits for the swim in Jellyfish lake???????

Maybe the AgressorII  has courtsey suits available for guests  [^/

My picks:

P. Spouse/Husband (Leo that she is..may need a little recognition about now).  :P

E. Father (another Cap..his dad will be there) lol I'm obviouslay trying a new apporach..desperado!  /^^

P.  female friend (Virgo..with alot of Leo tendancies..may be a parent too)  [^/

F. Mother (Pisces..sentimental at heart..may be missing mom)  }-}

F. Male friend (A Gemini..could go either way but I'll go with male friend).

D. Spouse/wife (he's a Capricorn..he should do the right thing and have his wife visit..but may need that ego fix of a male friend)  }*{

E. 3 Castaways plus 3 

D. No

B. Greg

F. Tom 

A. Caryn 

B. Greg

*^? for now..
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 09:30:08 AM by shanghilill »
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 10:10:56 AM »
fwiw guys & gals I dont know that the losers get to see their loved ones but can't be certain  *(^ so I have none of the above for Ian, Caryn & Tom just to be safe .

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 10:43:22 AM »
that was my thinking too puddin' and with a 20%ebb i'm not likely to change unless i see pcitures at this point.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 10:48:52 AM »
cinni what i did was change my weecama picks yesterday ( 12% EBB) but left my puddin picks( 20% EBB) with maybe three 10 pointers wrong ( who knows ) just to see if how the EBB will work out  :)*
I hope I beat myself  }w_{  Good Luck Teamies !!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 12:35:39 PM »
bumped over
Listen Up    |#' as posted in MessHall

biancaxxx

Re: S10 Ep 12 - Reward Challenge

Quote:
I think the statement is that they are surprized, because they didn't expect to be able to all see thier family (thought only the winner would)

Only 3 get to see their family members/loved ones.