Author Topic: Scott Slips under the radar again!  (Read 10253 times)

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Scott Slips under the radar again!
« on: April 27, 2005, 08:25:53 PM »
Bottom three as I type..Anthony, Vonzelle & Constantine..
 >^%

Vonzelle is safe..

Constantine goes home

Okay I am officially freaked now.. *(^
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Scott Slips under the radar again!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 08:28:49 PM »
 /(^ :/ {{{} .)_ {^^} |:(  I Cant TAKE it ..I hate this SHOW !!

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 08:32:34 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!  not constantine!!  i am freaked too!!!  dang!!! [^/  lmao puddin and lil ((^

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 08:35:20 PM »
All I can say at this point is that I hope he gets a BIG contract like Clay did and he blows away the rest of the bunch post season.  This is SUCH A BUMMER!!!!!
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 08:44:02 PM »
What the hell is going on  }} ?   [^/  _-^ What Swanee said  -*^  . Gammy did you put a whammy on riii ? or is it just me that cant get into the site  (*( ?

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 09:21:02 PM »
I haven't been able to get into Riii all day!!!

Blame Scott slipping by on the idiots at SUCKS!!! They are the one who are voting for him like crazy, and keeping him in this compitition!!!  |:(

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 09:53:54 PM »
tan, no way!!  sucks is keeping scott in????!! ]*]  why? [^/  ditto on riii!!! |(  what is the link to sucks, do i have it?? ((^

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 10:36:58 PM »
There are several threads where they support Scott, but here is the one where they drum up all the calling support ........

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm28.showMessage?topicID=7600.topic

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 10:42:08 PM »
Gammy  )_^>   ((^

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
  • An Angel that has run amuck!
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 11:00:32 PM »
There are several threads where they support Scott, but here is the one where they drum up all the calling support ........

Actually, it's more here: http://www.votefortheworst.com  It's a rather busy site since the owner has been getting interviewed by radio and newspaper folks this week...

(Don't hit me folks... I'm a supporter...)

Rob & Staff... If you don't want the link here... Please feel free to remove... I don't want to be spamming...

Offline chatterz

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Bite Me
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 01:17:58 AM »
I may have to get on their calling bandwagon.  I like the idea of screwing with the numbers.  Maybe if they get a really lame winner, they'll start limiting the number of calls from a single phone.  Nah, they don't care.  They just like saying, "24 million of you voted!"  Which is actually a lie, but it makes them feel good.

I have voted for Constantine in other weeks because he's really the only one I'd fork out money to see in concert.  Not that he's the best, but he puts on a good show.  Of course, I did not spend hours and hours voting.  And he really massacred Nickelback's song last night, so I refused to dial at all last night.  OMG, it's probably my fault he's out.  I'll carry the guilt to my grave.

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 10:26:51 AM »
I'm with you on this one Puddin.  I was soooooo upset last night.  Constantine was not even my favorite, but it is just so unfair.  Other than this week, he had shown such incredible improvement over the first few weeks that he truly deserved to be there.  This movement to vote for the worst could very quickly ruin this show.  It is making me not want to watch anymore.  If Scott ends up going to the end and this vote for the worst movement continues, AI will lose me as a viewer.  I can't imagine I would be the only one.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 10:45:06 AM »
Thanks for the site Angel. I had no idea that a site like this existed.

I remember when this was an issue in the first seasons. People would have these mass dialers in their computer, where it just dialed, and dialed for the person they wanted to vote for. AI said that there are SOO many votes that it doesn't make any difference what these people vote for, but I think with sites like this, it is coming true that a mass can really keep the worst in.

Almost makes me want to watch now, just to see if Scott stays in!!! LOL

Rob

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 10:49:57 AM »
That site is funny! Here are some interesting tid-bits from thier site:

The producers have been pimping Carrie and the rockers to win this show since the beginning. If you're an Anthony or Vonzell fan, I hate to break it to you, but they won't win. Why? Because the producers don't want them to. They'll be gone in the next few weeks, and you'll be sad. Why not just Vote for the Worst?

This show is not about finding the next big superstar. Your favorite contestant probably won't win, and will probably get a record contract anyway if they're good enough. Besides, TV is supposed to be about the entertainment value, and what's more entertaining than a fish out of water outlasting the big fish and sharks? The producers wanted Scott in the top group so he could fail, but let's give them the monster that they've created. This pledge is to keep Scott in the competition by voting for him for the entire time alotted every week. Even if you live outside of America, tell people about the pledge and spread the word. If you choose, vote along with us and help keep Scott in the competition. If one terrible day Scott is voted out, VFTW will carry on and pick someone new. But let's not think about that just yet.

Why bother voting for someone talented when this show can be so much more fun to watch? Scott Savol outlasting Carrie Underwood or Bo Bice? Now that's good TV! Browse this website for material to help us spread the pledge to all of your friends.

Thanks to everyone and enjoy the site.

Offline shanghilill

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 04:30:59 PM »
OMG, it's probably my fault he's out.  I'll carry the guilt to my grave.

Too funny  ^/^

Cannot believe the amount of pages sucks has devoted to this..wow.  (%#

It is making me not want to watch anymore.  If Scott ends up going to the end and this vote for the worst movement continues, AI will lose me as a viewer.  I can't imagine I would be the only one.

I know..I feel the same way..sad fact remains people have been digging this kind of trend in TV for quite some time now..even I watch sometimes. Case in point 'The Simple Life' that Hilton & Richie Show in its 3rd season already..(yes I admit it) I watch from time to time. I remember the first time I saw it I thought..c'mon this is beyond stupid stupid..I kept flicking over to it for some reason. This season is a tad better...but Ii have to wonder why the hell I watch sometimes. I mean I can read afterall..shouldn't a decent book take precidence?  :/

If this AI thing got too too serious and someone like Scott won..I'd turn it of..if it would make a difference. And maybe that's the problem..it probably wouldn't. Like Simon said last night.."if he's getting 7 to 8 million votes he desrves to be here then."

I'd agree with that..except I know places like the ones boosting 'vote for worse singer' exist. So it's not for the reason he reasons'..

Mayeb we need to send Simon these links too... /]*

“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 04:43:56 PM »
From what I have seen on the news/entertainment shows, this show that is coming up next Wednesday could really ruin the credibility of AI anyway. Especially since Cory Clarke (I think) is going to say he had sex with Paula. People are predicting that this could be damning to the credibility of American Idol. <a href="http://www.hypemakers.net/idol/go.php?v=p&adv=2709" target="_blank">Click here to read about that show on PrimeTime Live.[/url]

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 10:00:23 PM »
My thinking is that Scott will be gone soon enough, because he has probably maxed out his votes!!! The real voters, who are fans of the show, will continue to vote for the best singers. And as someone like Constantine gets voted out, then someone else like Bo will pick up the bulk of his callers.

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 11:13:26 PM »
My thinking is that Scott will be gone soon enough, because he has probably maxed out his votes!!! The real voters, who are fans of the show, will continue to vote for the best singers. And as someone like Constantine gets voted out, then someone else like Bo will pick up the bulk of his callers.

You'd be suprised... Vote for the worst picks up people as their favorites are voted off... Granted, some do go off and support someone else... but, many either stop watching or decide that they want the show to be as entertaining as possible...

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 12:02:48 PM »
I still am having a very hard time seeing what is entertaining about this.  I cannot imagine anyone who is truly a fan of the show that would not be offended by this.  If you don't like AI, then please simply don't watch it.  Instead, a group of people that don't like the show anyway have decided to ruin it for the rest of us.  It seems as if they get a kick out of the fact that they are controlling the outcome, even at the expense of the rest of us.  I know that if my favorite was voted off because of this, the last thing I would do it join the movement.

Offline shanghilill

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 03:06:54 PM »
I know that if my favorite was voted off because of this, the last thing I would do it join the movement.

Agreed..and you're right it can happen once..but twice and at the cost of someone more deserving talent wise..then it's not so funny anymore.  ,.(

Vote for the worst picks up people as their favorites are voted off.

I'd think more would go to Bo's side of the mat than Scott's. But ya never know these days.

Especially since Cory Clarke (I think) is going to say he had sex with Paula.

|( Wow..how did I not hear that? I think the bottom line here is it's a show that's being watched by alot of different cross sections of North America. When it comes down to it..middle America always seems to do the right thing and gets her message across. Let's hope it's still the case this year.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 03:12:40 PM by shanghilill »
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2005, 03:20:23 PM »
It seems as if they get a kick out of the fact that they are controlling the outcome, even at the expense of the rest of us.

Actually... no one can control the outcome... (well... other than the producers... but, that's another subject) With American Idol, you vote for the person you want to stay, not for the person you want to leave. They can only try to keep Scott in, not vote out Constantine.  (or whoever)  There are many fan sites out there that are voting to keep a certain person in because they are cute, are a certain type of person, or sing a certain kind of song... the Idol forums are perfect examples of that.  It isn't because they have sang the best on a particular show, it's because of their "love" or whatever of a certain person.  VFTW is another one of these groups... now, the criteria for voting might be a little off the wall... but, is it much different than those that are voting for Bo because they want to get him in bed (or carrie for the same reason...) or (shudder) Clay... (for whatever reason people voted for him) and not because he had the best performance of the night???

At the end of the day... I really doubt that VFTW is going to have a large effect on the final winner... unless something happens that really pisses people off at the show. Out of 24+ million viewers, there has been less than 300000 hits to the site at this point (and less than 15000 on the night constantine performed) and I'm sure that most of those are not supporters, but folks looking to see what is going on.

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2005, 04:58:30 PM »
VFTW is another one of these groups... now, the criteria for voting might be a little off the wall... but, is it much different than those that are voting for Bo because they want to get him in bed (or carrie for the same reason...) or (shudder) Clay... (for whatever reason people voted for him) and not because he had the best performance of the night???

Honestly, I think there is a huge fundamental difference between those reasons.  There is a big difference between voting for someone you like and truly want to win (whatever your reasons) and voting for someone that you think is terrible just to mess with the results - it goes completely against the nature of the show.

At the end of the day... I really doubt that VFTW is going to have a large effect on the final winner... unless something happens that really pisses people off at the show. Out of 24+ million viewers, there has been less than 300000 hits to the site at this point (and less than 15000 on the night constantine performed) and I'm sure that most of those are not supporters, but folks looking to see what is going on.

I hope you are right - but the fact that Scott is still there (he wasn't even in the bottom 3) seems to show that this movement is having a very large inpact on the outcome of this show.  Maybe I am wrong and there are a lot of people out there that think he is wonderful (although I cannot fathom that).

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2005, 09:07:09 PM »
papa, can they be stopped from this, no, huh??  i hope scott does not win this whole thing !!!!!! |(

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2005, 09:29:21 PM »
Papa... if it makes you feel any better... I'm not voting.  I'm just watching the "show".  Every year, when someones favorite is voted off, there is conspiracy plots accused all over the place and it's just funny to watch. 

Believe it or not, Scott does have fans... there is several boards of them... Idolonfox and http://idolforums.com/index.php?showforum=384 and lots of others and you see the same kind of posts for Scott as you do for Constantine, Bo, or any of the others...

Offline chatterz

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Bite Me
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2005, 10:42:34 PM »
I still am having a very hard time seeing what is entertaining about this.  I cannot imagine anyone who is truly a fan of the show that would not be offended by this.  If you don't like AI, then please simply don't watch it.  Instead, a group of people that don't like the show anyway have decided to ruin it for the rest of us.  It seems as if they get a kick out of the fact that they are controlling the outcome, even at the expense of the rest of us.  I know that if my favorite was voted off because of this, the last thing I would do it join the movement.
I guess I liken this to the fun in sending a virus out on the internet.  For some people it is fun to cause havoc anonymously.  Don't know why; there is no plausible explanation other than that people are rude in general these days.  Most mature individuals would just stop calling when their fav was voted out.  But this underground movement to vote for Scott sounds like it is gaining momentum.