Author Topic: EP 11 Vidcaps  (Read 32181 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP 11 Vidcaps
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 04:15:15 PM »
GMan
Several flight possibliites from Istanbul to London: KLM LV 5:55AM, AR 10:50AM; LH LV 5:45AM AR 10:15AM; BA LV 8:55AM AR 11:05AM; or Turkish Airlives LV 8:30AM AR 10:30AM

For figuring out the flights I remembered that we have not seen the Whirling Dervishes yet.  Maybe there is a minor task that involves doing that in Istanbul before the teams move on to London.  That would open up a lot more flight considerations.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2005, 04:37:34 PM »
Rob and Amber's big risk is going for the connecting early flight and beucase of there great luck they make it and are put ahead of the other teams.  Rob and Amber being ahead i think would force the yield on Uchenna and Joyce.  Then after struggleing through the deatour UJ catch up help and then pass MG during the detour.   Teams arrive to the roadblock in the order of RA, RK, UJ, MG and as to who finishes first and last your guesses are as good as mine

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2005, 05:05:17 PM »
Good Vidcaps, everyone. Wish I could see them on "live" television since you can pick up much more with seeing the actual action. 

Questions:

Pix #35 - What are Rob and Amber carrying? It looks like some kind of dispatch case that Rob is holding before him. Maybe this is the other half of the Detour (moving the boats is the other half).

Pix #46 - Can anyone make out the sticker on the window (taxi) behind Uchenna? They look sleepy and at first I thought that it might be that they are on the way back after screwing up on the bus test, but the camera is on the right front so it is a left hand drive and therefore probably early in the morning in Istanbul and the way to the airport.

A lot of tease about Rob and Amber making the connection (either air port or trains) but we see that they get to take the bus test along with the others so no big deal.

Another tease about whether Rob pulls another "I quit" on the ROADBLOCK or is just outside the bus waiting for a professional driver to move it back so he can start over again.

It looks like Uchenna and Joyce, Meredith and Gretchen and Ron and Kelly made it up on the London Eye (where are Rob and Amber) Producers must have had real pull here since there usually is awaiting to get on or you have to reserve time ahead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2005, 05:12:58 PM »
Pix #46 - Can anyone make out the sticker on the window (taxi) behind Uchenna? They look sleepy and at first I thought that it might be that they are on the way back after screwing up on the bus test, but the camera is on the right front so it is a left hand drive and therefore probably early in the morning in Istanbul and the way to the airport.
If you could see it Gman this is where < I watched her lips > Joyce says " I don't know any Beatle Albums " ( embrassed like ) and Ucheena has his eyes closed and hand up to his head and doesn't budge .

Romber are playing Sherlock Holmes , lol
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 05:17:39 PM by puddin »

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 05:24:55 PM »
if memory serves me right it takes a whole thirty minutes to make a full circle on the London Eye

I also think that they're going to break the pattern now (landmark/famous area --> detour/roadblock --> landmark/famous area --> detour/roadblock --> pitstop) to add in that Mystery thing with Sherlock Holmes and the London eye... I have no idea how going to Abbey Road fits in here.

The shot that shows Merideth and Gretchen and Uchenna and Joyce in some kind of terminal must be in Istanbul somewhere and I have no time but can anyone figure out if the shot of Uchenna and Joyce in a taxi (dark outside) is in Istanbul or London by looking at where the camera guy is placed?

Uchenna helping Merideth and Gretchen? Maybe they got yielded and decides to help Merideth and Gretchen while they wait because they see them struggling.... very weird indeed
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 05:30:30 PM by goodyingbadyang »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2005, 05:32:23 PM »

Heathrow Express

The Heathrow Express provides a fast, direct link to Heathrow Airport every 15 minutes*.

Trains run in each direction between 05.10 and 23.30 hours, with an average journey time of 15 minutes to Terminals 1, 2 and 3, and Terminal 4 reached in a further eight minutes.

Trains run at 10, 25, 40 and 55 minutes past the hour.
For further timetable information visit www.heathrowexpress.com

Paddington Station
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 05:38:35 PM by puddin »

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2005, 05:36:29 PM »
yep...
no stops in between but very expensive, I can see Romber wasting their money on this

from sucks:
Was it the Heathrow Express? The Heathrow Express takes you from Heathrow to Paddington Station in 15 minutes. It's high speed train with no stops in between. It is quicker than taking the Underground into the city though it is relatively more expensive. From Paddinton you can catch the District or Circle lines and get to other trains and parts of London. If I recall the train is white with purple stripes maybe? They are new trains and not the shoddy looking Underground trains.

Otherwise the other way out of Heathrow by Underground is the Picadilly line. I think it takes like 30-60 minutes or so from Heathrow to central London if I recall.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 05:39:31 PM by goodyingbadyang »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2005, 05:54:56 PM »
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 05:58:01 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2005, 06:18:20 PM »
Nice work, Puddin, on nailing down the Heathrow Express to Paddington.  And I have even ridden it.  It broke down halfway into town and we sat for 2 hours.

I also went on the Eye and, yes, you can get tix in advace for set times.

Here is some speculation:  I bet they have to ride the eye and as it goes up and around they are supposed to find something.  What they are looking for is that Town Crier guy who is over on the bridge across from Big Ben.

From pix of the Millenium Dome I can't see where the bus-driving open space could be.  The dome has the river on three sides and factories on the forth.  But in the screen caps it looks far away so maybe the Roadblock location is on the opposite side of the river.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2005, 06:23:58 PM »
Here is some speculation:  I bet they have to ride the eye and as it goes up and around they are supposed to find something.  What they are looking for is that Town Crier guy who is over on the bridge across from Big Ben.

I completely forgot about that Town Crier, but it would be extremely difficult (I would imagine) to find one specific person when you're that high up. And also, if its part of the Mystery Task with Sherlock, why doesn't U/J and M/G have the things Romber are carrying around

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2005, 09:54:33 PM »
I wish I could go to London  /]*

Just looking around ..

Paddington_Station.jpg

Underground - Inside Train Compartments

Circle Line Train /Thanks to TARJUNKIE999 @ Blows
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 12:58:07 AM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2005, 10:04:30 PM »
I see Amber also has Sherlock's pipe in her mouth also!  Could this be he other half of the Detour?  The Detour usually entails one physical task (moving the boats) and one less physical but one that takes longer to accomplish (searching for clues?)

The shot of Joyce and Uchenna in the taxi is strange. It is night so if it is London it must be after the Roadblock Bus gig. So are they downcast because they also had to quit the task?  And the camera is shooting from the right front seat which means the driver is on the left which is not right for London. And the shot is not reversed (as many are in the promos) because Uchenna has his wedding ring on his left ring finger.

I wonder where the Abbot Road thing works in.

And what are they trying to spot from the London Eye?  And strange that only one couple are in each gondola. Did producers tie up the entire wheel or is running just for them at a time when it normally is closed as was the case with the waterslide in Dubai. 

And CBS is really loading us down with stuff for this show after many with very little info for us to play with. So we all should have fun over the next six days!

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2005, 10:12:11 PM »
Abbey Road lightened ~  Ucheena & Joyce right?

I was thinking amber there... see the white on the jacket sleeves? Also, I think I see a hint of a ponytail. The person to her left, I think is perhaps their Fern. See he seems to have an umbrella? I can't see any of the team members with an umbrella. I think Rob is in front and blocked by those two... in a couple spots I think I see some extra legs.

And what are they trying to spot from the London Eye?  And strange that only one couple are in each gondola. Did producers tie up the entire wheel or is running just for them at a time when it normally is closed as was the case with the waterslide in Dubai.
I wonder if they are looking for the red bus. Look at shot #42... red double decker bus in close up from the eye.

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2005, 10:13:31 PM »
December isn't high season for Tourists in Europe and if this was shot on a weekday (although I've heard it was probably a sunday) it is likely that the Eye wasn't that busy. However I wouldn't doubt it if TPTB did make arrangements for a certain amount of pods.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2005, 11:17:15 PM »
Welcome jettrue  ]**] ..jump right in please !! I do see some white on the jacket.. let me see if I can slow it down again .  [^/

cool site London Underground

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2005, 10:22:31 AM »
I think the date of the leg is Monday Dember 13th.  Here's the timeline.

Tuesday, Dec 7th, Teams arrive 9:44 and 9:52 am in Lucknow, Roadblock and Detour, and TBC, 24 hr train leaving at 9:00 pm
Wed, Dec 8, overnight train arrives in Jodhpur, about 11 pm
Thurs, Dec 9, Tower opens at 10:00 am, R & D, late afternoon pitstop
Fri, Dec 10, extended pitstop
Sat, Dec 11, Start Leg 9, teams board at Jodhpur 10:20 am, arrive Delhi about noon, they get flights out of Delhi at 3:35 and 4:45 am next day
Sun, Dec 12, Teams arrive in Istanbul at 6:27 and 8:24 am, they finish the leg same day.
Mon, Dec 13, (if regular pitstop), Start Leg 10, early AM

R&K's boarding pass at Jodhpur had December 11th, 2004 on it.  So that forced the insertion of an extended pitstop in Jodhpur.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2005, 11:14:29 AM »
Hey, I think I finally solved one mystery - and this ep is going to be full of mysteries!

The cab shot of Joyce and Uchenna is at night and they are wearing their heavy jackets. It has been edited into a sequence set in London with Joyce saying "I don't know any Beatles albums."(pix #46).  And we have been assuming that this is in London, but the driver is on the left hand side and the camera is shooting from the righthand side of the front seat.

So I think the answer to this little puzzle is that Uchenna and Joyce have just left the pit stop in Istanbul (which would be around midnight or early the next morning while it is still dark) And in the first clue they get at the pit stop it tells them to fly to London and then locate something to do with a famous Beatles Album (the answer being Abbey Road)  But they will have time during the flight, etc. to talk to people and find out where they are supposed to go when they arrive in London. So they may solve the mystery but still be clueless of what they are supposed to do.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2005, 12:07:31 PM »
You are golden!

Of course someone on the way would be able to help them figure it out.

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2005, 12:15:10 PM »
Hey, I think I finally solved one mystery - and this ep is going to be full of mysteries!

The cab shot of Joyce and Uchenna is at night and they are wearing their heavy jackets. It has been edited into a sequence set in London with Joyce saying "I don't know any Beatles albums."(pix #46).  And we have been assuming that this is in London, but the driver is on the left hand side and the camera is shooting from the righthand side of the front seat.

So I think the answer to this little puzzle is that Uchenna and Joyce have just left the pit stop in Istanbul (which would be around midnight or early the next morning while it is still dark) And in the first clue they get at the pit stop it tells them to fly to London and then locate something to do with a famous Beatles Album (the answer being Abbey Road)  But they will have time during the flight, etc. to talk to people and find out where they are supposed to go when they arrive in London. So they may solve the mystery but still be clueless of what they are supposed to do.

great, gman.

And also about the man with the "umbrella," I think its just another guy standing far away and not actually something that the "Fern" is holding

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2005, 05:48:50 PM »
Don't be misled by what the CBess editors are showing you; they love to mix and match to give you the wrong impression of where you are and what is going on.  The shots of Uchenna and Joyce in the taxicab are a good example.  Another good example and has been misleading us are the shots of Rob and Amber.  Some shots of Rob have him in his red Bosox hat; other shots have him in a dark watchcap.  It looks like he starts off with his baseball had on and we have shots of him in some airport heading toward "flight connections" or so the sign says in the background. This I think is where he and Amber are making the big gamble: by taking an earlier flight and counting on making a connection which will get them to London before the others (he learned his lesson in Jodhpur when he joked about getting on an earlier flight which he wasn't aware of and UJ and MG took him up on it and found out that there actually was an earlier flight getting them to Istanbul two hours ahead of RK and RA) If you look up flights on Travelocity or other web sites they will only list the "authorized connecting" flights, but as I found out when travelling around the world for many years there are a lot of flights you can arrange for which are not authorized and if you are late too bad they won't wait for the connection. So perhaps they did find an earlier iffy connection.  And the shot of them entering a doorway is NOT the doorway of a Underground train, I think it looks more like a plane door and they still have their red hats on.

Later we see them in London on the tube (yellow circle line?) and Rob now has his dark knit hat on. Which we see him wearing in all the London shots.

No shots of him on the London Eye. Are Rob and Amber ahead or behind the others? I think that they are ahead since they seem to get to the ROADBLOCK at the Millinenum Dome before the others.

So far it looks like this to me (for now):

Fly to London with the strange clue about the Beatles Album

Locate Abbey Road and clue box

Go to London Eye and sight some marker perhaps on the Globe Theatre which is not far away..

Go to Marker and get DETOUR: (1) Move boats from the Serpentine, or (2) Solve a puzzle from Sherlock Holmes.

Go to some landmark: St. Paul, Big Ben, London Bridge and find a town cryer for the next clue

Go to Millenium Dome for ROADBLOCK CLUE: complete an official bus driver's test.  There now may be a time deadline like one hour after sunset or some such.

Go to Pit Stop: Tower Bridge, The Tower, or wherever we have not yet been.

ELIMINATION for the last place team. The Tower would be the appropriate place to execute the last place team, don't you think?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 05:53:05 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2005, 07:37:25 PM »
You are Amazing Gman  ]*[

Sometime to kill before Survivor comes on , the carpeting looks the same  {l{

Stansted airport   

Train

There is a direct Stansted Express service from Stansted Airport to London Liverpool Street station. Trains run every 15 minutes Monday to Friday between 8:00 and 17:00 and every 30 minutes at other times. The journey time to Liverpool Street is 41 minutes.
The first train leaves the airport at 06:00. Last train leaves the airport at 23:59.

This is it..Stansted airport is were Romber land after leaving Turkey..maybe one of you airline schedule googler's can figure out the time / flight schedules ?
My crappy photo with the dots inserted in the glass doors

« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 10:17:11 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2005, 10:21:52 PM »

a good picture of Heathrow Express

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2005, 11:08:27 PM »
Ahhhhh, I love playing detective! Its really elementary dear Dr.Watson:

First we find a picture of a particular carpet. Right? Someone is clever enough to discover that this particular carpet is located in STANSTED AIRPORT outside LONDON, ENGLAND.   Now we dig further and find out that a low-cost German airline named GERMANWINGS flies there from COLOGNE, GERMANY.  Are your still with me doctor?  And where else does Germanwings fly to?  Why Istanbul Turkey!.  But the trick here is to learn that it does not fly out of the large international Anaturk airport (IST)  but from the smaller SABIHA (SAW) airport.  And lo and behold, they have a daily flight out to Sabiha to Cologne Germany leaving at 03:55AM arriving in Cologne at 06:00AM.  AND they have a flight from Cologne, Germany to Stansted Airport (London) leaving at 07:10AM arriving at Stansted at 07:25AM!!

Q. E. D. Now that was really elementary now wasn't it, Dr. Watson?

So it is possible if Rob and Amber leave the pitstop before 2:00AM to arrive in London about three hours ahead of the others! But if they miss their connection in Cologne, they could be hung up for many hours since the next flight from Cologne to Stansted doesn't leave until late afternoon! But since we see them doing all of their tasks in daylight, we know that they did NOT miss their connection.

Here is a picture of the Germanwings plane. Note the yellow and red markings.  I can't find the picture just now (still downloading) but there is a picture of Amber and Rob entering the front door of a plane and I rememer that there were yellow markings behind him. It looks like they are entering the plan from a stairway and not an enclosed jetway which would be typical of a small airport.

lhttp://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?method=4&dsname=Wikipedia+Images&dekey=A319germanwings.jpg&gwp=8

« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 11:29:46 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2005, 12:14:23 AM »
OMG GMan this is a blast and you Rock!! I was so happy to see you here this late ..I just knew you were playing detective  ]#*

http://airtransportbiz.free.fr/Airlines/4U_network.JPG

« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 12:42:14 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2005, 01:22:25 AM »
Hold on a sec.  I heard that was a "mind the gap" poster in the tube.

Great work Gman.  I'm going to get you a good time est for R&A's check in.

Working working working