Author Topic: EP 11 Vidcaps  (Read 32493 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP 11 Vidcaps
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2005, 10:31:52 PM »
I would kill for a new promo  ]][

Offline thechosenone

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2005, 10:33:49 PM »
haha i would kill for a new promo too puddin, lol i think that is amber running cause you can kind of see her hair /]*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2005, 11:02:29 PM »
 {l{ but..
whos running behind her ? Rob wears Khaki pants right? The person behind her is wearing jeans or dark pants ?
and to me the person in the jacket is wearing a hat ? black?
they really both look like they are wearing jeans to me so what Gman posted , I have to agree .

Pix 45 - Pair running by same park, and across zebra crossing (used in the cover of the Beatles' Album) BUT although one person who looks female has a red jacket on with white armpits, she is wearing blue jeans. The person running with her has a midlength brown suede jacket on and blue jeans.  None of the team racers is wearing blue jeans or has a midlength brown suede jacket. (Joyce has a red jacket but she has no hair!, which the person in pix 45 has! Amber has a red and white jacket but is wearing dark blue sweats with white stripes. Neither Kelly nor Gretchen has a red jacket) Conclusion: this is setup by production people to introduce scene which is so often the case. Shot has no meaning except to establish location so disregard.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2005, 11:03:43 PM »
I think the two people shown here are production people running at Abbey Road during set-the-scene bit by Phil. In live video you can see both people are wearing blue jeans.  None of the TAR racers are wearing blue jeans.  Red jacket is different from one worn by Amber and Amber has on dark blue sweats with white stripe down side.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2005, 11:11:23 PM »
Maybe just maybe it is Amber but what does this prove ?  /]*( they still look like jeans to me )
[vidcap from the last EP]

Offline jennajokie

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2005, 10:21:57 AM »
I'm very new to this, but I've been a huge fan of your messages for awhile now.

I have no proof to back this up just a gut feeling that Romber will yield R/K not U/J.  Rob doesn't think anyone is as smart as he is, but I believe he thinks R/K are a greater threat than U/J.  If R/K choose the detective detour it may take them a long time.  Ron may be able to read and follow a map but they are not established "detectives".  They have made a lot of mistakes looking for TAR clues. Just my two cents. [^/

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2005, 10:28:03 AM »
Hey cool thanks for your opinion! lol! I hope your wrong (no offense) lol because I like Ron and Kelly!! 

I think that Ron and Kelly will yield Romber, or Meredith and Gretchen will yield Romber, but all in all I think Romber will be yielded..
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline thechosenone

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2005, 10:38:24 AM »
I don't think romber get's yeilded because if they make the connection flight ( which they obviously do because they are seen in london looking really happy doing the sherlock holmes thing ) they would be 2-3 hours ahead so they probably yeild someone first. It depends on where the yeild is, the first one was before the detour right, the second one was before the road block, so maybe the third one is before the detour again.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2005, 10:42:05 AM »
Good mornin' Jenna and Okie: your two cents is always welcome. And you too, Freddy and Kendra Fan (won't give up will you) Anyway, things are moving along and not much has changed promo vidcap wise. Still we know somebody will Yield someone else, but whom? Still think the Yield will be by either R/A or R/K who seem to be at the Bus Driver's Test site first.

Been looking again at the shots of Amber and Rob at what appears now to be a ticket or airline counter. Rob really looks dejected as he takes his ticket stub back from Amber.  Have they missed their connecting flight after all? Or are they just being told in Istanbul that they are taking a chance with Germanwings since they can't be guaranteed seats on the connecting flight to London from Cologne.  I think that's it.  Still the shot now established in Stansted Airport (thanks to Puddin) shows both Amber and Rob not moving very fast toward the exit nor do they look very happy if they think that they are in the lead.  Very puzzling, or are they just tired from being up all night?

If Rob and Amber are executed Tuesday (at the Tower; which certainly would be appropriate) they will have really blown a huge lead. This could happen if they complete the Baker Street Sherlock Holmes task and are to take the underground to the London Eye where they are to spot a well-known London landmark where the next clue will be located.  This could be the red, double-decker bus that seems to be parked at a corner not on a scheduled bus route and the camera zooms in on from the London Eye. But if Rob and Amber travel on the Jubalee Line from Baker Street and fail to get off at the Embankment Station which is the scheduled place to get off and then cross over the Themes by foot on the bridge which leads right to the Eye, but rather continue on one more stop to Waterloo Station they may be walking to the Eye from the backside and actually pass the bus with the TAR marking on it as they approach the Eye.  Then they might get the clue to proceed on to the Bus Test site without first completing the instructions which tell them to ride the Eye first.  A similar event happened in an early TAR series and the offending team who did not complete a task had to wait 30 minutes by the mat before they could be counted in.  So this may be the reason Rob and Amber lose out after some smart work to build a great lead. Just plain dumb luck at the last minute.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2005, 12:13:31 PM »
GMan, really great work. 

I am holding on to the opinion that the shot(#29) of R&A is in the London underground because the aluminum framed poster behind Rob looks like a "mind the gap” reminder. 

I gather that it is a big campaign.

With some following.

Oh, and the ticket stub looks just like the ones they use in Paris

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2005, 12:52:27 PM »
Don't think that pix 29 is in the London Underground.  In all other shots of Rob in London along with one identified as being on the Yellow Circle Line and at Abbey Road Rob is wearing a knit watchcap. In this pix he is still wearing his red Bosox hat.  It looks like he changes hats when he arrives in London early in morning and it is cold!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2005, 07:41:19 PM »
Oh, I forgot about the cap.  Unless they haven't felt the cold yet.  Because he still has the cap on walking through the airport.  Does that airport have rail access?

A poster at sucks put up a cool link to satellite imaging.  Using that I confirmed what they said:  the Roadblock parking lot is southeast of the Millennium Dome.  It's the one that is essentially by the river bank.  You can even see the curved steel rails that Amber hangs her head on while watching Rob.

And we have a time:  In a promo I saw today Big Ben says 10:52

It was as seen from the Eye but not in direct association with any team.  Just an isolated clip.  So it is not necessarily the time that teams were there.  For example, one daylight shot of the clock tower in Jodhpur had a time of 1:50 but we know the leg had already ended.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2005, 08:51:54 PM »
There is a Stansted Express that runs from the airport to Liverpool Station. Trains leave every half hour before 8:00AM and every 15 minutes after that. Trip takes about 41 minutes.

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2005, 08:41:18 AM »
If Rob and Amber are executed Tuesday (at the Tower; which certainly would be appropriate) they will have really blown a huge lead. This could happen if they complete the Baker Street Sherlock Holmes task and are to take the underground to the London Eye where they are to spot a well-known London landmark where the next clue will be located.  This could be the red, double-decker bus that seems to be parked at a corner not on a scheduled bus route and the camera zooms in on from the London Eye. But if Rob and Amber travel on the Jubalee Line from Baker Street and fail to get off at the Embankment Station which is the scheduled place to get off and then cross over the Themes by foot on the bridge which leads right to the Eye, but rather continue on one more stop to Waterloo Station they may be walking to the Eye from the backside and actually pass the bus with the TAR marking on it as they approach the Eye.  Then they might get the clue to proceed on to the Bus Test site without first completing the instructions which tell them to ride the Eye first.  A similar event happened in an early TAR series and the offending team who did not complete a task had to wait 30 minutes by the mat before they could be counted in.  So this may be the reason Rob and Amber lose out after some smart work to build a great lead. Just plain dumb luck at the last minute.

I think you may be onto something! I posted this theory over at TwoP with credits to you.

Especially since the VO hints to:
In London solving a mystery could lead the teams clueless

Then it gives us a shot at the eye, with shots of ONLY the other three teams at the eye. They could "skip" a whole clue... making them "clueless"

I think they would send them back though, like Gretchen and Meredith in Africa, not just make them wait 30 minutes at the map...

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2005, 08:54:12 AM »
Like Chip & Kim and the twins in the first episode of TAR5, but this time they don't have teams following them who

are older,
are injured,
arrived on a later flight.

Oh wait, they do have all those things!  But this time,
at 4 pm it takes 20 min to go each mile in London,
they have to ride the eye for 30 min,
they blew most of their lead parking the bus (Rob's bus is seen going as a second one is too).

Offline coksy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2005, 09:55:03 AM »

I think you may be onto something! I posted this theory over at TwoP with credits to you.

Especially since the VO hints to:
In London solving a mystery could lead the teams clueless

Then it gives us a shot at the eye, with shots of ONLY the other three teams at the eye. They could "skip" a whole clue... making them "clueless"

I think they would send them back though, like Gretchen and Meredith in Africa, not just make them wait 30 minutes at the map...

Yes, that really makes more sense now if RA are truly eliminated. I don't know if they would send them back to the eye though since some posters have mentionned that sometimes it can be hard to get onto the eye if there are a lot of people and maybe TPTB may have reserved it only for earlier.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 10:02:25 AM by coksy »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2005, 10:38:25 AM »

I am holding on to the opinion that the shot(#29) of R&A is in the London underground because the aluminum framed poster behind Rob looks like a "mind the gap” reminder. 

As they say in the NFL: "Upon further review" we find that you are right, this is a shot of Amber and Rob at an Underground Station and that is a poster for the Mind the Gap campaign. They are wearing the same stuff they had on when we saw them walking through the airport, so this may be them buying tickets to take the Stansted Express into London, or more likely at the Underground station at Liverpool Station where the airport express would leave them.  The thing that Amber is passing on to Rob looks like a ticket of some sort and you can barely make out the magnetic sripe that these tickets have nowadays.  Hope they were smart enought to buy a Day Pass so that they can move rapidly through the turnstiles at other stations. Amber may also be asking directions of how to get to Abbey Road since the clerk seems to be sorting through some kind of papers.

We have been assuming that the first location of a clue box is at the Abbey Road crossing, but if the producers have reserved an early opening of the London Eye just for the TAR teams, this might be the first location. But since the clue about the Beatle's Album was included, I guess, with the instruction to fly to London which the teams got at the Pit Stop in Istanbul, I imagine that this is the first task to complete.

In regards to final three, which seems to include R/K because of the RaceyGirl picture of them "at the airport in Puerto Rico" I still have my doubts. If the team of R/K lost all of their stuff and money in Istanbul, would you be buying a new backpack for what little stuff you had just for the last leg of the race? This is because RaceyGirl's picture shows a shot of Ron with newer, smaller backpack.  Very curious.  Or just a good job of photoshop editing?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2005, 12:53:36 PM »
Nothing new here but I love the pic of Gretchen on the elephant
eyemail~ {l{

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2005, 06:13:21 PM »
I've been looking at photos of Liverpool Street Station and Paddington and I did not find a definite match to the R&A by the "Mind the Gap" poster. 

360 degree of Liverpool Street Station

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2005, 08:03:05 PM »
Behind the "self serve ticket" kiosks there seem to be people waiting in line a a window. Not clear but looks like place to buy tickets may be there.  Also note man in foreground by the ticket kiosk with blue jacket on.  seem to match same color as person we see behind counter selling tickets to Amber in #29.

Not clear but could be.  Or it could be at some other underground station.

Offline aidanurzeti

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2005, 08:35:41 PM »

In regards to final three, which seems to include R/K because of the RaceyGirl picture of them "at the airport in Puerto Rico" I still have my doubts. If the team of R/K lost all of their stuff and money in Istanbul, would you be buying a new backpack for what little stuff you had just for the last leg of the race? This is because RaceyGirl's picture shows a shot of Ron with newer, smaller backpack.  Very curious.  Or just a good job of photoshop editing?

In TAR Season 1, Frank & Margaritta (one of final 3 teams) bought a new lighter backpack and toss their old backpack & some stuff during the final leg. So it could be that Ron/Kelly did the same.
 [^/

Offline saylinara

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2005, 09:03:29 PM »

I've heard of teams that have had to beg garner in excess of $1000 while in airports and whatnot.  If R&K can do the same, esp. in their swanky hotel for the night, I'm sure they'll have more then enough to by a backpack with, esp. if he's the only one carrying something.

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2005, 09:20:06 PM »

I've heard of teams that have had to beg garner in excess of $1000 while in airports and whatnot.  If R&K can do the same, esp. in their swanky hotel for the night, I'm sure they'll have more then enough to by a backpack with, esp. if he's the only one carrying something.

Phil stated they have to start the next leg with zero dollars to their name.  They cannot beg until the next leg starts.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 09:23:39 PM by Ottopart »

Offline saylinara

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2005, 11:54:21 PM »
Phil stated they have to start the next leg with zero dollars to their name.  They cannot beg until the next leg starts.

Actually, IIRC, Brandon and Nicole begged at the pitstop during their twelve hour lapse, since it was at a hotel.  They don't receive money, but the moment they are stripped of their money is the moment they can start begging if they wish.

Offline coksy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2005, 12:12:17 AM »

Actually, IIRC, Brandon and Nicole begged at the pitstop during their twelve hour lapse, since it was at a hotel.  They don't receive money, but the moment they are stripped of their money is the moment they can start begging if they wish.

Not anymore. the rules changed and Phil clearly stated that the have to START the next leg with no money, meaning they have to wait until the Pit Stop is over to start begging. The change probably happened because of what Nicole& Brandon and other teams did, which didn't really put them at a disadvantage vs the other teams.