Author Topic: EP 11 Vidcaps  (Read 32499 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP 11 Vidcaps
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2005, 01:34:37 AM »
Work it Chateau d If
Webteasers are finally up ......

Next on THE AMAZING RACE

Tuesday, May 3, 9PM ET/PT

Some take a chance on airline tickets without confirmed seats, while others get seats on a later flight. Will the gamble pay off?

Forced to beg for money, one Racer shares a stranger's lipstick. ewwwwwwwwww

One Team is Yielded. Will this affect their standing?

Teams have trouble with double-decker buses, which they have to drive.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2005, 01:40:35 AM »

mind the gap
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 01:46:50 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2005, 02:14:06 AM »
adding in some Vidcaps from Dreamer @ Jokersupdates

You can see Joyce driving this bus /red jacket
Is that another team driving the bus through the course on the right?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2005, 03:20:31 AM »
Okay, here are my best estimates for the teams' checkin times.  The analysis used is the same method that I used to get the 10:46 am est for seeing Uchenna on the rappel.

U&J 10:54 am
G&M 12:37 pm
R&A 1:26 pm
R&K 2:01 pm

And if R&K got to use the internet all night then they may have been able to find what Gman found too!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2005, 10:35:53 AM »
And if R&K got to use the internet all night then they may have been able to find what Gman found too!
Only if they were as smart as gman...which they aren't!

Forced to beg for money, one Racer shares a stranger's lipstick.
Uh, Ron? (I hate these 50/50 questions.)  [^/  {l{

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2005, 10:37:53 AM »
Good work, CdI, I was going to ask that this morning.  Time looks about right for Rob and Amber with sunset at 4:26PM and the shadows for R/A and G/M look almost the same. So if they check in at the pit stop at 1:26PM, then they would be leaving at 1:26AM. Plenty of time to go to a hotel desk or travel agent or airport and discover that Germanwings flies from the smaller airport and not the big international airport at Ataturk but SABIHA.  They also will find out about the Germanwings flight leaving at 3:55AM for Cologne, but it is a gamble since they cannot confirm seats on the 7:10AM flight from Cologne to STANSTED airport. But they decide to make the gamble: if they can't get seats on that flight they are in deep doo doo and probably would not reach London until late that afternoon.

But they do get on the 7:10AM flight from Cologne to London and arrive at 7:25AM (one hour change). Then they can take the train right into central London and go off and search for the right Abbey Road zebra crossing.

And by the way Ron and Kelly may get on the internet at the Four Seasons Hotel but until they get the next clue at the pits stop clue box they won't know that they are headed for London so would not discover the Germanwings flight.

This matches the CBees teaser: Some take a chance on unconfirmed seats on a connecting flight and other take a later flight - most likely the 8:30AM Turkish Airlines flight arriving non-stop in London at 10:30AM or the Lufthansa flight leaving at 5:45AM connecting through Frankfurt and arriving in London at 10:15AM.  In any case, a good three hours behind Rob and Amber.

Back to Abbey Road and a small problem: there are 23 streets in London named Abbey Road! The one used for the Beatles' Album is located in Ealing where there studio is a good 18 miles from central London. But the picuture from the Vidcap shows the sign "Abbey Road, 8NW, Westminster"  that is not far from St. John's Wood underground station.

http://www.londontown.com/LondonStreets/abbey_road_e52.html

That's a map showing Abbey Road, 8NW Westminster.

So far, so good but still a far distance to go.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2005, 10:52:56 AM »
 LOL  Richard you are silly  ((^  I have some thinking to do ..if Romber are the next to be eliminated how do they screw up so badly if they are perhaps hours ahead of the other teams? From what i've seen those underground rails can be confusing but Romber always find away and besides we know Rob always figures out a way to get folks to help him ..especially in London ! Just looking at those vidcaps they stick out like a sore thumb , I cant beleive we didnt get London spoilers/spottings of all places ! Originally I thought that Romber may be next but now I don't know ? What if that picture of who we think maybe Ron in P/R airport Raceygirl picture is Ron but could it be that Ron is on his way back to the states to greet the last three teams at the pistop? Odd that Kelly is no where to be seen ..more questions no answers .. ah well back to waiting for some more promo clues . I still think the title belongs to Rob and Rob yields someone ..not that it matters much but this is a tight race and a matter of half an hour or whatever can be really important in this race . My gut feeling , which is usually wrong , is screaming R&K for the next elimination .

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2005, 11:21:29 AM »
Gman, the map you posted does have the Beatles Abbey Road location.  According to this site it was at:

The Abbey Road Crosswalk
Intersection of Grove End Road and Abbey Road
Abbey Road Studios is the building in the center of this photo.

which shows up on your link in NW8 Westminster.  The screen caps seem to have the same street furniture in them as we see in the Abby Road web cam and the pix in the above link.

Also, why is this?
but it is a gamble since they cannot confirm seats on the 7:10AM flight from Cologne to STANSTED airport.
I mean, why can't seats be confirmed?  Since it is in the CBS clue I want to better understand the rules of confirmed seats.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2005, 11:27:22 AM »
how do they screw up so badly if they are perhaps hours ahead of the other teams?

I just guessing that they had to go back from the mat and properly complete the task on Baker street.

Won't that be fun to watch!

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2005, 11:31:01 AM »
Actually, the London underground is pretty easy to figure out. The lines are color-coded, so all you need is a map to figure out which line/stop goes to where you want to go (hey, if *I* figured it out, it has to be easy!)

I didn't realize there are that many Abbey Roads, but I "think" there's one in London that passes for the one on the Beatles album.  There's also a bus line for Abbey Road (I remember seeing Abbey Road on the bus front placard), so maybe that's the one they look for?

I fear that if the vids showing M/G and U/J doing the RB late in the day mean they are in 3d and 4th place, one of those teams is eliminated.  And if the betting spoiler holds true, then...goodbye Meredith and Gretchen, sniff.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2005, 12:00:57 PM »
ok, it's friday and well, i'm tired. long week.

what if rob and amber miss their connections? they end up falling way behind and end up in london well after the other teams, maybe even the next day? they still do all the tasks hoping against hope that the other teams had problems. would they still let them run even that far behind? are there any vidcaps of them with another team? i know that abbey road one maybe. just thinking out loud on my keyboard.

forgot to add, wow! awesome detective work. so much to ponder before tuesday.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2005, 12:15:16 PM »
I'm not a betting man, but pounds to doughnuts, Rob and Amber make the connection and arrive in Stansted at 7:25AM (no customs as they are still in an European Union country!) so it is possible they make the 8:00AM or 8:15AM train to LIVERPOOL STATION. Here they can get on the YELLOW CIRCLE underground line to BAKER STREET connecting with the JUBILEE (Brown) line and one stop north they arrive at St. John's Woods.  Make their way to the clue box at the corner of Abbey Road and Grove End Road.

Underground or walk to Baker Street, 221B Sherlock Holmes Museum.

After completing task, Underground Jubilee Line to Waterloo Station for the London Eye.

Then continue on Jubilee Line to Canary Wharf across the river from the Millenium Dome

So if they know where they are going, it is going to be easy to get around London, and the Underground is a lot faster than taxies.  But I worry about Meredity and Gretchen. Can they read the map?  Picture of them looking lost in underground station may be foretelling their troubles in Londontown.

Map:

http://www.oxfordtube.com/assets/london/underground_map.jpg

« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 12:24:38 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2005, 01:35:08 PM »
I don't know where to post this.  This is from Administrator Madbananrush at sucks:

"The next episode is an elimination episode. Rob and Ambah will be on the early show on Wednesday, May 4th."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2005, 01:45:43 PM »
In London on December 13th the sun never gets more than 16 degrees above the horizon. 

Sunrise  at 7:58 am, sunset at 3:51 pm.  Only 7 hours 53 min of daylight. 

The darkish shots with M&G at the bus Roadblock look like about 4:10 pm

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2005, 02:44:47 PM »
I don't know where to post this.  This is from Administrator Madbananrush at sucks:

"The next episode is an elimination episode. Rob and Ambah will be on the early show on Wednesday, May 4th."
holy cannollis! (or however you spell that!)

note to self, drop rob/amber from mw team...
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2005, 02:48:02 PM »
Yep its time cinni   ]][ .. i'm  so lucky to have M&G & U&J on my team   =]/ .. ]#*

Offline coksy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2005, 03:12:56 PM »
There is one thing that bugs me with that spoiler about MG being in the top 3 and Romber being eliminated next.

the vidcaps lead us to believe that Romber try to take a different flight to London that could either give them a few hours lead or put them a few hours behind. Since they are shown ding stuff in London in daylight, this means that either they made the earlier flight or are racing the next day. If it were the next day I'm sure the producers would have told them to stop by now since all three teams seem to make it in one day. if it's earlier in the day, then they must have made a BIG mistake to lose their lead and end up last...

I know some think that Rob quits the bus task, but I really doubt it. If they do have a few hours lead, why quit a task that can eventually be mastered?

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2005, 04:35:54 PM »

If this is true it means that Rob really did blow it this time.  He arrives in London with a tremendous lead of three hours or so, rips through the Detour and gets to the Roadblock first. Yields his closest competion Uchenna and Joyce.  Then quits the task thinking there is a time limit that will save him.  Hard to believe.  Put depend on Puddin to get the correct info about TES for May 4th. First I have ever heard a particular team mentioned as being on TES, so I am very doubtful that this is real stuff. Help us out, Puddin, ole buddy!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2005, 04:43:46 PM »
Not a spoiler since MBR has already posted this . Someone that I trust 100% confirmed that the  eliminated team Will be on The Early Show this Wendsday and someone is eliminated and the final 2 hour show on the 10th will be three teams .

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2005, 04:48:20 PM »
Yes, we agree. The eliminated team will be on TES on May 4th. But WHO?  Rob and Amber or Meredith and Gretchen?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2005, 05:00:05 PM »
Oh it won't be  M&G so it would have to be one of the other teams  R&K or R&A , are U&J even a choice   ]][  ?

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2005, 08:38:49 PM »
isn't is possible that the "gamble" happens AFTER the Roadblock where they are shown in what seems like daylight?

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2005, 12:13:20 PM »
Here are some new observations:

Had a chance to see the ep 11 promo in action and have observed the following (you can catch a lot more when the scenes are in motion rather than just still vidcaps (as good as they are.)"

Pix 23 - Rob is standing by the bus, and the bus is BACKING UP. Is it being driven by another racer or is an official backing it up so Rob can try again?

Between Pix 30 and 31 - There is a missing pix of Rob and Amber running on the street, Amber is holding a Blue Route Info envelope. To their right (screen left) there is a particular stone fence with stubby square posts and a park behind. Now compare this with:

Pix 44 - Sign saying ABBEY ROAD, 8NW, The City of Westminster. The sign is on the same wall that we see Rob and Amber running by. Therefore, Rob and Amber have reached the first clue box at Abbey Road.

Pix 45 - Pair running by same park, and across zebra crossing (used in the cover of the Beatles' Album) BUT although one person who looks female has a red jacket on with white armpits, she is wearing blue jeans. The person running with her has a midlength brown suede jacket on and blue jeans.  None of the team racers is wearing blue jeans or has a midlength brown suede jacket. (Joyce has a red jacket but she has no hair!, which the person in pix 45 has! Amber has a red and white jacket but is wearing dark blue sweats with white stripes. Neither Kelly nor Gretchen has a red jacket) Conclusion: this is setup by production people to introduce scene which is so often the case. Shot has no meaning except to establish location so disregard.

Pix 29 - Upon further review, this is not a shot of Rob and Amber either entering a subway car or a airplane. Rather it is a shot of them at some kind of ticket counter. Amber is holding a ticket stub (boarding pass part of a ticket??) which Rob snatches out of her hand as she turns back to the counter. Behind the counter are two people with blue uniform smocks on, one is shuffling through a stack of papers which she holds in her hand.  Must have something to do perhaps in Cologne about getting on a connecting flight or in Istanbul when they are booking space. There is a Red and Yellow stripe to Rob's right which are the colors of Germanwings Airlines.

Pix 42 - This may be high angle shot from the London Eye. Camera seems to zoom in on a red, double-decker bus standing on a corner. Maybe there is a TAR marking on it (can't see shot too well) but this could be what they are looking for from the London Eye (find a distinctive London landmark with our flag, etc. This is typical when a task is being introduced by Phil) The location seems to be behind the wheel, not across the Themes river where they are looking. Could be parked along the Bankside.  Here they may find clue telling them to go to the Millenium Dome and find the next clue. The Roadblock Bus Driver's test.

Pix 51 and 55. Behind Meredith and Gretchen are Uchenna and Joyce standing on the underground station platform.  They all seem to be looking to their right as a train leaves. So at least we know that M/G and U/J arrived together. Did they just miss the train in Heathrow and know that they will have another delay getting into the city? Joyce is reading some kind of instructions.

So it looks like we have on this rainy Saturday morning the following:

Rob and Amber pulling a chancey move to get ahead of the others by taking an early flight on Germanwings through Cologne to London.

Rob and Amber make it to the Abbey Road 8NW location to find the first clue.

Detour: Go to Baker Street Sherlock Holmes Museum and SLEUTH for clues to solve a mystery (of where to go next?)Rob and Amber become Sherlock Holmes for the task.

OR, go to the Serpentine and STACK. Move four rental rowboats up from the Serpentine and stack them along a path in Hyde Park. Uchenna and Joyce and Meredith and Gretchen are the stackers.

Where oh where have Ron and Kelly gone? But they must have done one of these tasks to get to the London Eye.

Clue perhaps tells them to go to the London Eye to spot their next clue.Up on the Eye, Gretchen and Meredith; Uchenna and Joyce; and Ron and Kelly all have seperate, private gondolas to ride up and around (est. time 30 minutes the producers must have reserved space or are using it at a time when it is normally closed as was the case with the water slide in Dubai) and must spot a red, London double-decker bus with the TAR flag to get the next clue.

Where oh where are Rob and Amber?  But they must have been to the London Eye to get the next clue.

Clue sends them to the vacinity of the MILLENIUM DOME to do the ROADBLOCK. Here they first find the YIELD. Rob and Amber are in the lead and they chose to Yield, Uchenna and Joyce.

Doing the Roadblock is difficult: driving and backing huge London double-decker buses along the same course used to test professional London bus drivers. Rob, Kelly, Joyce, and Meredith all are having trouble.

Question does Rob quit or is this just him waiting to try, try again to back the bus without hitting one of those pesky, little red and white cones.

Then off the the pit stop and the Eighth and Final elimination.
Who goes home disappointed tonight? What could be more appropriate at this time in the race but to go to the Tower (which is across the Themes from the Millenium Dome) a place well known in British History as a place for Executions!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 12:18:14 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline thechosenone

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2005, 12:16:26 PM »
Im pretty sure the gamble is the plane flight with the connection because on the web teasers it says,

Some take a chance on a flight with unconfirmed seats.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2005, 07:39:59 PM »
Good EYE Gman   }^! ~