Author Topic: EP 11 Vidcaps  (Read 32108 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP 11 Vidcaps
« on: April 26, 2005, 10:57:47 PM »
I brought these over from Tarflies   ]**]

3 .

a few more from teamjoisey @ Blows/ realitytvworld    ]**]

Phil: On the next episode of The Amazing Race...

Uchenna helps Meredith and Gretchen with a difficult detour.

Uchenna: Meredith and Gretchen are good people, man. I hate to see them break their backs like this.

Phil: And the Roadblock drives teams crazy.

Rawb: It's haaad! I'm sorry.

Meredith: Arrgh!
Gretchen: Augh!
Ron: Awwwr!

It's like teaching women how to drive.

Joyce: I can't understand what the hell you're sayin'!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 12:14:13 AM by puddin »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: EP 11 Vidcaps
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »
Next week should be very interesting!  Looks like they all have trouble with the bus....interesting that Rob is doing hte roadblock again...that means Amber would have to do all the rest of the roadblocks.

Question I have is  . . . . . who will yeild and get yeilded or do the teams just do badly at the roadblocks

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 09:28:17 AM »
Okay I have another question....is this going to be the first thing they do?  U/J and M/G both are seen in the dark...but I think it is early morning rather then late at night.  Both R/A and R/K look like the day time.  Also I think Rob gets frustrated with the task...is he going to quit again?  He is seen walking off not happy and Amber looks concerned

Offline dameche

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I Love Rob and Amber !!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 09:37:14 AM »
Okay I am going to take a stab at this......... /]*

In the roadblock, it seems to me that R/A are in the lead with R/K in second. If you look at the vidcaps above. #8, 9 & 10 are of R/A in daylight. #7, 12 &17 are with R/K right before sunset (if you see pic #12 you can see the sun setting in one of the bus windows.) In #11, 14, 18, 19 & 21, it seems to me U/J & M/G are also there right before the sun-setting. But have a lot of trouble doing the RB that may take them into the night. It looks to me in the background they have the stadium lights on for them to see.  *(^

Due to bunching. R/A catch up and manages to yield U/J therefore I can hear Amber saying "The Devil made me do it". Well thats my opinion and it may change.

Whatcha think?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 09:40:48 AM by dameche »

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 10:11:34 AM »
Okay I am going to take a stab at this......... /]*

In the roadblock, it seems to me that R/A are in the lead with R/K in second. If you look at the vidcaps above. #8, 9 & 10 are of R/A in daylight. #7, 12 &17 are with R/K right before sunset (if you see pic #12 you can see the sun setting in one of the bus windows.) In #11, 14, 18, 19 & 21, it seems to me U/J & M/G are also there right before the sun-setting. But have a lot of trouble doing the RB that may take them into the night. It looks to me in the background they have the stadium lights on for them to see.  *(^

Due to bunching. R/A catch up and manages to yield U/J therefore I can hear Amber saying "The Devil made me do it". Well thats my opinion and it may change.

Whatcha think?

you sure can dream, so I won't hold that against you  |}  I'd rather have Rob and Amber get yielded but of course we do have that picture of U/J

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 10:17:09 AM »
Welcome to Londontown!! (Oh where, oh where has ApprenticeFan gone? Melbourne?)

Looks like teams arrived around noontime at pit stop in Istanbul (sun in their faces from the South); which means that teams will be leaving in the early morning again (Hope Ron and Kelly enjoy their suite in the Four Seasons but remember to set their alarms!- or will they be having too much fun to sleep?)

Several flight possibliites from Istanbul to London: KLM LV 5:55AM, AR 10:50AM; LH LV 5:45AM AR 10:15AM; BA LV 8:55AM AR 11:05AM; or Turkish Airlives LV 8:30AM AR 10:30AM

Sunrise in mid-December is at 7:57AM and Sunset is at 3:51PM (We're far north and it is Winter: Av High 46, AV Low 34)

So if the team are arriving in mid-morning they probably are doing the ROADBLOCK at the end of the day since we see the sun setting and stadium lights being turned on. Task seems to be to perform a standard bus driver's licensing test. (Note bobby in yellow jacket behind one bus). Team members: Rob, Kelly, Meredith and Joyce, must drive big, red double-decker bus (on the way out by the way being replaced by other buses) All four seem to have real trouble backing the bus up through the pylons on the parking lot.

It looks from the amount of daylight showing that R/A and R/K are doing the task before U/J and M/G. One of these teams may have been YIELDED. Don't see anyone yielding M/G so it looks like R/A yielded U/J (just a guess at this point in time.)

DETOUR (or at least one part of the Detour) envolves a task of moving a number of blue rowboats from the Serpentine Lake in Hyde Park (central London) up a hill to a parking area.  It looks like they have to move at least four boats from the lake. While we only see M/G doing this task, U/J looks like they have completed stacking their four boats (nos: 14, 24, 19, and X) and Uchenna is seen helping M/G move their fourth boat (no. 6) up the hill and then leaves them on their own to stack it onto nos. xx, 8, and 24. (And they seem to be having a lot of trouble moving that boat onto their pile.)  R/K and R/A may be off doing the other Detour Task or have not arrived at the Serepentine Lake site yet.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 10:20:34 AM »
The Promo is up!! London England .. !
I'll work on the vidcaps some at a time  :<( brb

VO: CBS Tuesday ..Sweethearts Rob And Amber take a big gamble to win the Amazing Race
21 .
Rob Confessional: If we miss the connection we can put ourselves completely out of this race
VO: In London solving a mystery could lead the teams clueless
34.ETA This one in <<<<
Gretchen : Where could it be ?
VO: and what does a famous Beatles record have to do with the race ? < Abbey Road>
Joyce<taxi>: I don't know any Beatles Albums

VO: Only Two Heart stopping Episodes to go 

Uchenna: Its anybodys game at this point
VO:Its coming down to the wire on an all new  Amazing Race CBs Tuesday
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 04:12:49 PM by puddin »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 10:37:55 AM »
take a big gamble.....and rob outside the bus...I bet he quits another task!

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 10:40:27 AM »
You're way too quick puddin, glad you're with us

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 11:04:43 AM »
This latest sure focuses on Rob and Amber. Looks like they are trying to make connection in Frankfurt Airport on Lufthansa flight from Istanbul connecting on flight to London. They may be pushing this connection tight. Confessional may be before they leave Istanbul at 5:45AM. But they could have waited for Turkish Air flight leaving at 8:30AM which is non-stop and arriving only 15 minutes later than the Lufthansa flights.

The ROADBLOCK is being done on the parking lot behind the MILLENIUM DOME (Greenwich across the Themes River from Tower and Parliament.)  Rob and Amber seem to be there while there is still some daylight. By the time Meredith and Gretchen and Uchenna and Joyce arrive it is growing dark and the lights are coming on by the dome. But there may be a time limit (as it was in China) and the task must be completed before it is completely dark.  Therefore, Rob may be taking the Biggest Gamble of the race and quiting and taking a penalty, but since at least two other teams will not complete the task, they will all start over again in the morning.

Could be, but what a drastic gamble to take at this stage of the race.

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 11:04:53 AM »
St. Jame's Park
http://www.infolondon.co.uk/attractions.php

I think someone else found it, bleh, I'm way too slow

better pictures:

Rob was talking about taking a gamble with a connection with the trains, but quitting a Roadblock that has the same rules as the Key Task in China can be a smart idea
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 11:23:29 AM by goodyingbadyang »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 11:16:37 AM »
That's not a Ferris Wheel, it is the British Airways LONDON EYE on the banks of the Themes River near the New Tate Gallery.

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 11:17:42 AM »
take a big gamble.....and rob outside the bus...I bet he quits another task!

guessing that the Roadblock makes teams drive a double-decker bus through a path marked by those -things-, Rob might be outside of the bus because the driver has to bring it back to the beginning because he already messed up/touched one of the markers.

Looks like My Grandparents and Janay's Parents are bunched up at some kind of Train Station too

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 11:18:16 AM »
That's not a Ferris Wheel, it is the British Airways LONDON EYE on the banks of the Themes River near the New Tate Gallery.

|( lmaoooo, I'm so stupid

sorry about that, first source that I came across called it a Ferris Wheel
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 11:24:12 AM by goodyingbadyang »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 11:24:01 AM »
Ha!!  I knew they would go to the London Eye.  Rember when I posted this?

The Eye is located very close to that London Bellringer guy that is in the shows credits.

WHERE DO WE GO NEXT?

Here!

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 11:29:34 AM »
Joyce<taxi>: I don't know any Beatles Albums

Maybe they have to find Abbey Road.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 11:36:43 AM »
Chateau,  You're faster than me.  That web cam is pointed at the same angle as vidcap 45.  You can see the same buildings and obelisk? in the background.  The camera shot in 45 is just taken from a lower angle.

Why are Rob and Amber there at Abbey Road in the day light and Uchenna and Joyce are in a cab at night discussing the Beatles?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 11:45:57 AM by Pedaler »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 11:44:45 AM »
This is the company that provides the buses for teams to get crazy-mad in.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 04:52:56 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 11:53:55 AM »
Why are Rob and Amber there at Abbey Road in the day light and Uchenna and Joyce are in a cab at night discussing the Beatles?

I'm hoping it's because U&J get to leave Istanbul around 11:50 pm whereas R&A have to wait until ??? (I haven't figured it out yet but I will).  I hope U&J get way earlier flights.  "they're stupid"  will bite Rob good.

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 11:58:17 AM »
As foggy as it is in London and as much as it rolls in and out and the fog pictures, how can ya'll tell when is morning vs. evening?  Where is the picture with the sun setting?  I know the lights come on on the stadium, but that may be becuase of the electronic eyes? Help????

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 01:17:45 PM »
The whole promo is like this ..as if its in a big foggy  cloud , it  makes the vidcaps blurred . When Dreamer posts her wonderful Vidcaps I will bring some over  ]**]
btw: you all are doing a fantastic job finding these locations and all .

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005, 02:07:15 PM »
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 04:55:08 PM by puddin »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 02:41:52 PM »
Teams go to

The Sherlock Holmes Museum

221b Baker Street

I've been there!  It's neat, furnished as though a late 19th century gentleman lived there, with "artifacts" from Holmes' cases.

I've also walked along the Serpentine in Hyde Park, so the next leg will bring some nice memories for me.  I was in London before the London Eye (or Millennium Wheel) was built.

The bell ringer in the promos is standing on Westminster Bridge, with Parliament and Big Ben in the background.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 03:54:27 PM »
For the Bus Driving Roadblock:  the Millenium Dome is far from Parliament.  The metro stop for it is North Greenwich Station.

Getting to the Dome

The Dome is a no car zone and there are parking restrictions for 2 miles around.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 04:14:12 PM »
I was in rush this morning..just noticed that I didn't add this one  |(

Romber playing Shelock Holmes ..I see the magnifying glass / hat and a briefcase perhaps ?

Misc ~

Abbey Road lightened ~  Ucheena & Joyce right?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 05:05:55 PM by puddin »