Author Topic: TAR 7 Finale "5 Continents, 25 Cities and more than 40,000 Miles!"  (Read 42301 times)

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 7 Finale May 10th
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005, 12:23:15 AM »
The previews after tonights show really looks like it's any teams race..  [<[ and..like each one of them has problems.

I wonder how long Rob can carry the underwear clad Amber )!) on his back..for a million bucks I bet a long long time.. 

Gonna be a good one I think folks.  }^!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 01:05:53 AM by shanghilill »
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2005, 12:30:52 AM »
I am really doubting the U&J betting  spoiler back to Old Fashion Vidcap detective work , by the way Kudo's to Chateau d If , your calculations of the arrival times at the pit stop in Istanbul were outstanding. And my hats off to Gman as well , you all are awesome and we are lucky to have you here  (7| (^.#

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2005, 12:47:39 AM »
Okay, skip Cat Island! 

There is Little Bay in Jamaica.

Rob is on the opposite side of Jamaica from the pitstop in Port Antonio.

Thanks, Puddin, but it looks like I messed up by about an hour for some teams.

ETA:  Dang, I just went back to find you alredy snaged the exact same link.  That's what I get for rushing and livin in California.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 12:54:49 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2005, 01:05:16 AM »
Are we not sure the teams go to Jamaica? (sorry if I missed something haven't caught up on all the threads yet).

'J.U.T.A. Tours - Negril Chapter' is definitely in Jamaica and nowhere else in the Carribean..that I could find:

http://www.jutatoursnegrilltd.com
http://www.caribbean-x.com/caribbean-x/jamaica-taxi.html
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 01:09:39 AM by shanghilill »
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2005, 07:44:23 AM »
Hey, Chateau.  You were off by a minute estimating U&J's Istanbul finish time.

How about doing a better job next time   ((^

Can you figure out bu the amount of darkness U&J's London finish time?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 09:24:24 AM »
Thanks.  But I truly sucked at the other times.  Maybe that Tower only had nine sides.  I don't know.

As for London, I think we are better off figuring it out from traffic.

Here's my R&A rant:  They're stupid.  They yielded the team they thought to be the biggest threat.  Fine.  They did not consider the likelyhood that doing so would eliminate their target.  The result was that their target survived.  Had they aimed at U&J then M&G would would be their competition.  Wasn't that the plan?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 09:45:40 AM »
Take a bow Chateau  |#' , you earned it !

Rob at the Instanbul Airport Dec 13th

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 09:53:34 AM »
Webclues~
Next on THE AMAZING RACE

SEASON FINALE Tuesday, May 10, 9PM ET/PT

Three Teams are racing in taxis when one taxi gets a flat tire. Will this put the Team out of the Race?

A Team makes the crucial mistake of leaving a clue behind while shopping.

After 40,000 miles, Teams reach the end city. Every move, every minute, every decision and every stroke of luck can mean the difference between $1 million and second place. Who will win THE AMAZING RACE?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 10:37:44 AM »
So what do we think the time differences are bewteen the teams.

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2005, 11:24:31 AM »
Not only does it look like Jamaica but Amber jumps on a raft that looks like the famous Martha Brae river rafting adventure.

It looks like they can either raft on the rio grande or the martha brae. I'm guessing Rio, since the bridge they jump from is awfully long... and the martha brae is smaller than the rio grande, at least from what images I could see. And that's assuming that the bridge task is connected with the rafting task...

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2005, 11:38:23 AM »
So what do we think the time differences are bewteen the teams.

My best quess is that Rob and Amber arrive at the pitstop in Potter's Field Park is early afternoon.  They arrived at 9:00AM (hey, disregard all those shots of clocks at Waterloo Station they read 8:30 and 8:45AM) One shot of Big Ben from the London Eye reads 11:30.  They went first to Abbey Road after taking express in from Heathrow, so give or take one hour here.  Quick ride on Jubilee Line to Waterloo Station and London Eye which takes 30 minutes to resolve. So at most another hour. Now its 11:00AM. Back and forth on the underground sleuthing the Brain detour. Another hour at most. At noon they head toward the Millenium Dome. At most 30 minutes (Ron and Kelly take cab and we hear him say it took an hour.)  Rob takes 4 tries to complete driving task and he says he spent an hour doing it.  Then eight miles to Potter's Field. So now it is now about 2:00PM.

Ron and Kelly arrive at Millenium Dome after Ron and Kelly leave and then have to wait another hour before they can start driving test, so now it is 3:00PM.  Kelly takes 7 tries to complete test and it is getting dark so it is now around 3:50. By the time they finish and ride cab to Potter's Field it is now dark and the city lights are all on, and Tower Bridge is brightly floodlit.  So my guess is that R/K arrive at about 4:30; this give Rob and Amber a 2.5 hour lead. 

When R/K complete Roadblock, M/G and U/J are still at it.  It takes Joyce 6 tries so say an hour and a half.  It is now quite dark out and by the time they arrive at the pitstop it looks to be even darker.  (You can barely see them run through the park and this is with a camera lens wideopen) So my guess here is that it may be around 6:00PM and R/A have a four hour lead.

But it makes no difference, they probably all end up on the same flight to Jamaica!  Air Jamaica has a non-stop flight leaving at 12:40PM arriving in Montego Bay, Jamaica at 6:05PM. American Airlines has a flight to Miami leaving at 9:45AM but not arriving with connection from Miami until 8:35PM. Air Jamaica flight to Kingston connects through MBJ.

And we do see all three teams running together in Jamaica.  So again bunch, bunch bunch and there goes your four hour lead!!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2005, 12:21:43 PM »
I brough the updated Roadblock totals over here ......

Rob (6) Amber (4)
Ron (5) Kelly (5)
Uchenna (5) Joyce (4) (1 Fast Forward)

Leg 1 ~  No Roadblock

Leg 2 ~ Shoe Shine
Ray (1st) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Amber (1st) arrived 2nd ~ finished 3rd
Ron (1st) arrived 3rd ~ finished 1st
Joyce (1st) arrived 4th ~ finished 7th
Megan (1st) arrived 5th ~ finished 6th
Lynn (1st) arrived 6th ~ finished 10th
Brian (1st) arrived 7th ~ finished 9th
Susan (1st) arrived 8th ~ finished 4th
Debbie (1st) arrived 9th ~ finished 8th
Gretchen (1st) arrived 10th ~ finished 5th

Leg 3 ~ Eat 4 lbs. of meat
Alex (1st) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Rob (1st) arrived 2nd ~ quit, finished 5th
Greg (1st) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Meredith (1st) arrived 4th ~ quit, finished 7th
Ron (2nd) arrived 5th ~ finished 4th
Uchenna (1st) arrived 6th ~ finished 1st
Deana (1st) arrived 7th ~ quit, finished 6th
Patrick (1st) arrived 8th ~ finished 8th
Debbie (2nd) arrived 9th ~ finished 9th

Leg 4 ~ Timed horse riding
Alex (2nd) arrived 1st ~ finished 1st
Joyce (2nd) arrived 2nd ~ finished 2nd
Kelly (1st) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Brian (2nd) arrived 4th ~ finished 4th
Rob (2nd) arrived 5th ~ finished 5th
Deana (2nd) arrived 6th ~ finished 7th
Meredith (2nd) arrived 7th ~ finished 6th
Patrick (2nd) arrived 8th ~ finished 8th

Leg 5 ~ Purchase items for orphanage
Ray & Deana did the Fast Forward
Greg (2nd) arrived 1st ~ finished 1st
Kelly (2nd) arrived 2nd ~ finished 2nd
Lynn (2nd) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Amber (2nd) arrived 4th ~ finished 4th
Uchenna (2nd) arrived 5th ~ finished 5th
Gretchen (2nd) arrived 6th ~ finished 6th

Leg 6 ~ Spear throwing *All teams arrived together*
Brian (3rd)  finished 1st
Ron (3rd) finished 2nd
Lynn (3rd) finished 3rd
Ray (2nd) finished 4th
Joyce (3rd) finished 5th
Meredith (3rd) finished 6th
Rob (3rd) finished 7th

Leg 7 ~ Drive car / move 2 logs
Ron (4th) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Rob (4th) arrived 2nd ~ finished 1st
Uchenna (3rd) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Meredith (4th) arrived 4th ~ finished 5th
Alex (3rd) arrived 5th ~ finished 4th
Brian (4th) arrived 6th ~ finished 6th

Leg 8 ~ Silver trunk search
Kelly (3rd) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Amber (3rd) arrived 2nd ~ finished 1st
Uchenna (4th) arrived 3rd ~ finished 4th
Alex (4th) arrived 4th ~ finished 3rd
Gretchen (3rd) arrived 5th ~ finished 5th

Leg 9 ~ Camel race
Amber (4th) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Kelly (4th) arrived 2nd ~ finished 1st
Meredith (5th) arrived 3rd ~ finished 4th
Lynn (4th) arrived 4th ~ finished 3rd

Leg 10 ~ Castle climb & repel
Uchenna (5th) arrived 1st ~ finished 1st
Gretchen (4th) arrived 2nd ~ finished 2nd
Rob (5th) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Ron (5th) arrived 4th ~ finished 4th

Leg 11 ~ Driving double-decker bus
Rob (6th) arrived 1st ~ finished 1st
Kelly (5th) arrived 2nd ~ finished 2nd
Joyce (4th) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Meredith (6th) arrived 4th ~ finished 4th

According to the statistics, and the TAR rules, Amber will have to do both Roadblocks, since Rob has reached his quota. Ron and Kelly will have to do 1 each. While Uchenna can only do one, but Joyce could do both.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2005, 12:32:01 PM »
Thanks tanbuns.  Nice that U/J have the most options.  I want so much for them to win.  Maybe Ambuh has trouble with a RB?

Apropos of nothing, I love that this race has taken the teams to places I've actually been. First London, next Negril, Jamaica.   And I'd go back to either place...

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2005, 02:01:52 PM »
Thanks tanbuns.  Nice that U/J have the most options.  I want so much for them to win.  Maybe Ambuh has trouble with a RB?

Apropos of nothing, I love that this race has taken the teams to places I've actually been. First London, next Negril, Jamaica.   And I'd go back to either place...

Well the first RB from teh preview looks like jmping off that bridge and i dont think Amber will have any trouble with that being that she jumped off that cliff in Survivor Outback in episode two.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2005, 03:01:13 PM »
Good point on the jump Never!  Question is once they jump how far to they have to swim...Can she out swim Uchenna and Ron?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2005, 03:21:50 PM »
Can someone pinpoint which airline or airport this is ?  Speculation , are Romber ahead and already on their way to Miami?

RaceyGirl who posted the U/J picture also states she believes another couple she saw at the San Juan Airport was Ron/Kelly. Even though spoilers have said they break up mid race, they just might still hold it together to make final three.

"I was waiting to check my luggage at the counter to the farthest left which is exactly where they pulled up. I can tell you that the other people that appeared to be Amazing Race teams were at the American Airlines counter once I got into the airport. I didn't see which counter U/J went to. I did see a male/female team getting interviewed in the airport - which with the teams left makes means it was Ron and Kelly or another sneaky move on Amazing Race...unfortunately, we weren't quite bold enough to snap a picture during the interview & I don't have that great of a mental picture from then, but they were a white male/female couple with dark hair."

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1068.shtml

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2005, 04:16:59 PM »
Rob is smiling...so I think they must have made a flight others did not or have nto yet.

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2005, 04:20:39 PM »
Texan_Survivor: I dont know if Amber can out-swim Uchenna or Ron being i dont know there swimming abilities but i do know Amber can swim she was a lifeguard and did decent in all the swimming challenges inn Survivor but i think she does tire fast, that was shown in the first immunity challenges in ASS so that can be why Rob is carring her.

MY Guess on the airport is i guess the Jamaica airport going to puerto Rico becuase didnt RaceyGirl say they got out of cars and UJ pretty much just boarded a flight, there was never a mention on Joyce crying or a race between two teams so i say Rob and Amber get to Puerto Rico first and do whatever there and then all three get on teh same flight leaveing Puerto Rico becuase i believe that is Rob in Ron's picture in the backround.  And also UJ were running with like bags and not teh backpacks so i think its after they get hit with a non elimination. 

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2005, 04:26:20 PM »
Someone posted on another board that Rob and Amber are running in the PUERTO RICO AIRPORT sorry for my bad speculating. 

But UJ could be crying somewhere else you never know. We will see.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2005, 04:31:31 PM »
Not to argue because I've been wrong before , this does not look like Rob to me . I guess when the promo comes up we will see more of what he is wearing , I think he has his Khaki zipoff shorts on from what little vidcaps that I've seen ?

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2005, 04:50:34 PM »
Can someone pinpoint which airline or airport this is ?  Speculation , are Romber ahead and already on their way to Miami?

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1068.shtml

Tarjunkie999 at blows found this picture of San Juan Aiport.  The ceiling matches picture with Amber in it.

Offline MF41

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Amazing Race!
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2005, 05:00:01 PM »
Webclues~
Next on THE AMAZING RACE

SEASON FINALE Tuesday, May 10, 9PM ET/PT

Three Teams are racing in taxis when one taxi gets a flat tire. Will this put the Team out of the Race?

A Team makes the crucial mistake of leaving a clue behind while shopping.

After 40,000 miles, Teams reach the end city. Every move, every minute, every decision and every stroke of luck can mean the difference between $1 million and second place. Who will win THE AMAZING RACE?

OK, here is my best guess on this:
U/J get the flat - we know that already from the preview.

I'm going to go with R/K leaving a clue behind while shopping, probably for lipstick don't you think. Can't imagine R/A shopping. Unless it's also U/J shopping again - this time for something to carry their stuff in since we believe they get mugged at the end of the first hour.

Oh, and I do believe R/A will win it all! ]-{

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2005, 05:40:19 PM »
thanks for bringing that over Ottopart , Tarjunkie999  is awesome ..( I have not had time to surf the boards today  *8/ )
Welcome  MF41 , lol I didnt even think of R&K shopping for lipstick & backpacks .. and yeah it looks like U&J get the flat tire ..and yeah I think Romber can win the whole race  ]-{ .. off to surf the net and keeping my fingers crossed that TAR updates the site soon  :<(

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2005, 06:53:48 PM »
This is new spoiler starting at TWOP.

[So who wins The Amazing Race? You might have red about them, but I wouldn't bet on it. All I'll say is that it's not even close. The final two teams get so beat they're black and blue. /b]

Poster by the name of Prior Walter.  Peeps already solved the riddle.  Dude is saying he knows Romber win.  Going back to TWOP to watch the show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2005, 07:02:29 PM »
Keep it coming Ottopart  |#'
I cant recall if anyone posted this so I'll bring it over because all spoilers are off and open for speculation and discussion .

posted @ Blows/RealityTV World
iwannabearealitystar 155 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"
 05-01-05, 02:24 PM (EST)

"Possible MAJOR Spoiler... "
I ran across this blurb in Sundas New York Post Gossip section.
(ww.nypost.com) hit "Gossip" it's in Elisa somthings colunm. Here is the blurb:
May 1, 2005 -- SOUNDS like the families of "Amazing Race" stars Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich - who wed April 16 in the Bahamas beneath a cloud of confidentiality agreements - are mad at CBS for taking over all the arrangements.
Their wedding, for which the couple sold the TV rights to CBS, will be aired as a two-hour special on May 24, titled "Rob and Amber Get Married."

"It's really hard on the family," Rob's brother complained recently. " is in charge of everything. They make all the decisions."

And apparently the lucky couple will be "surprised" with a house from Mariano's father as a wedding gift. Or will they? Sources close to the couple say that Mariano, who got $1 million for winning the TV contest, actually purchased the house from his father, and that CBS helped with cost.

Just a little more "reality" for your televisions, it seems.