Author Topic: TAR 7 Finale "5 Continents, 25 Cities and more than 40,000 Miles!"  (Read 42250 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 7 Finale "5 Continents, 25 Cities and more than 40,000 Miles!"
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2005, 12:16:52 PM »
Ottopart,  The Bureau of Transportation Statistics has historical arrival and departure times here http://www.bts.gov/cgi-bin/ntda/oai/DetailedStatistics/OAI_G1.PL

Wow!  AirWise sure has some bad data!

Quoting Kim (TAR5) "This changes everything"

I need to work on this some.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2005, 12:42:19 PM »
go out for a little while and now more stuff to investigate

Note, that Little Bay Inn I think is in Negril, there is a Divi Little Bay, dont think it is that, unless that signage is at the entrance, since Divi is a resort, could be. It is located in town of Little Bay, which I believe, south and east (other side of western part of island) of Negril.

Both Puddin and I have trying to locate some confirmation of that sign shown in the preview shots, havent been able to do it yet.

Forget that Divi reference, confusing it with something else.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 01:15:27 PM by Lucy325 »

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2005, 01:30:26 PM »
Just some additional words of wisdom from prophet Prior Walters over at TWOP:

Prior Walters:
I'm still sticking with my source. Besides, "footrace" is a given...they're not driving up to the mat in vespas.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2005, 01:38:29 PM »
LOL Ottopart , I had to Google vespas  *8/

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2005, 01:45:13 PM »
 {l{ {l{ {l{ puddin

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2005, 02:39:07 PM »
Poster BlisfulMonkey over at TWOP says the show has already aired in the Philipines and the winners in order are as follows:

Uchenna and Joyce.
Rob and Amber
Ron and Kelly.

As you can imagine that poster is being flamed to no end.

Poster also says final city is Boston.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2005, 02:50:33 PM »
heres the article , I have to run. from what I understand its 3 or 4 am in the Phillipines right now

Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Studio 23 airs 'Amazing Race 7' finale live

THE world is waiting. But will it be the cocky reality show vets, the battling daters, or the scrappy underdogs taking the prize home on the seventh edition of the globetrotting audience fave The Amazing Race?

Studio 23, home of the world's biggest reality hits, has the loyal fans' back once again as it becomes the sole Philippine network to air live the two-hour season finale of the Emmy-winning "The Amazing Race" live via satellite Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. A primetime broadcast of "The Amazing Race" finale is scheduled for the following two consecutive Thursdays, May 12 and 19, at 7:30 p.m. to 8:20 p.m.

It's a nail-biting fight to the finish for the final three teams on this final leg as the teams prepare to cross the Atlantic Ocean from the current stop in London, England for the show's US$1 million prize. But as the teams prepare to find the finish line in North America, fans are torn as to which teams to cheer for.

There's Survivor All-Stars vets "Boston Rob" Mariano and Amber Brkich, who have ridden a wave of canny plays and incredible good luck to reach the final three. But whereas there are fans who appreciate how the calculating duo are changing the way the Race is played, there are critics of their win-at-all-costs attitude who say that Mariano and Brkich have taken the heart out of the game. But will the Survivor pair's luck hold - or is karma just a plane ride away?

Even more polarizing is the duo of Ron, a former Prisoner of War, and his girlfriend Kelly, a pageant queen. While the team can be competent, many are bothered by the constant sniping between the two. Particularly bothersome is Kelly's barbs against her boyfriend. But will the stresses of the final leg finally burn out the last of Ron's patience?

Last is married couple Uchenna and Joyce, who ran the race in order to afford fertility programs so that they could have a child. Luckily for the two - who have been portrayed all throughout the race as unequivocal good guys - they seem to have gotten a spell of good fortune after a undergoing a good luck ceremony in India that resulted in Joyce having to shave her head. But will the two get to finish the race as winners? Or will the cradle drop unexpectedly on the good-guy underdogs?

Get the score on "The Amazing Race" as soon as America does as Studio 23 airs the seventh season finale live via satellite Wednesday starting at 9 a.m. (PR)

(May 11, 2005 issue)
Write letter to the editor.Click here.
Join the Sun.Star message board.Click here.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/man/2005/05/11/life/studio.23.airs.amazing.race.7.finale.live.html

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2005, 03:27:14 PM »
Poster BlisfulMonkey over at TWOP says the show has already aired in the Philipines and the winners in order are as follows:

Uchenna and Joyce.
Rob and Amber
Ron and Kelly.

As you can imagine that poster is being flamed to no end.

Poster also says final city is Boston.

That spoiler on TWoP doesn't even know what side of the toast his butter is on.  The Amazing Race is telecast in the Philippeans "Live" at the same time it is telecast on the East Coast of the US. While it is 9:00PM here it is 9:00AM there WEDNESDAY MORNING.  So the program has NOT ALREADY BEEN TELECAST IN MANILLA by satellite or any other means.

And the poster is so MISLED by the inclusion of the shot of Rob and Amber in front of Fenway Park which is used in their "bio" pix intro to the program.  I guess he has never ever seen the program to think that this is a NEW shot of Rob and Amber.

The trouble some people go to to make us think they are smarter then the rest of us.  Shame. Shame.

Now sad to say, the GMan has got to sign off.  The Chicago Symphony unkindly scheduled their concert at the Kennedy Center in Washington for tonight.  The other half of this equation says no way will we miss this concert featuring a Mozart piano concerto and Mahler's great Ninth Symphony.  So my VCR better work tonight.  Good luck everyone.  It should be a great show tonight and it will be interesting to see how far off and misled we all have been this past week!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2005, 03:31:32 PM »
Current local time in Manila

And the poster is so MISLED by the inclusion of the shot of Rob and Amber in front of Fenway Park which is used in their "bio" pix intro to the program.  I guess he has never ever seen the program to think that this is a NEW shot of Rob and Amber.
Exactly Gman thats why I did not bother posting the Vidcaps of Boston with Romber..they were INTRO Flashes !

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2005, 06:23:47 PM »
The rafting course is 8 miles
The Detour is Raft or Craft
Kelly and Ron discuss which one to do

It looked to me like Rob and Amber are behind Ron and Kelly at the clue box for the detour

~ all from preview on ETalk Daily

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2005, 06:42:20 PM »
Do you think the " Jump" is near the Raft or Craft Traegen ? was it on ET tonight ?  Oh just saw it...Looks like R&K do break up and then   will one wrong move be the end for a team or something and it shows Rob looking for the path or whatever up to the bridge/platform whatever  (%# .
If the bridge/platform jump is the 1st roadblock 1st leg then yeah I think Ron & Kelly are ahead of Romber or if its the second Roadblock ...oh never mind  all will be answered in an hour or so {l{

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2005, 06:46:48 PM »
I was wondering how close raft/craft was the the jump. I thought at first it could be really close but then the jump is near the coast (if it is Ocho Rios) and the raft is 8 miles long so it has to be a minimum of 8 miles from the coast.

Offline coksy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2005, 12:43:41 AM »
I can't find the quote right now, but the previews said that somebody lost a clue while shopping... I guess that got left out on the editing floor  :-\