Author Topic: not scott again??!!!!  (Read 6002 times)

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
not scott again??!!!!
« on: April 20, 2005, 09:23:12 PM »
anwar :':')   i so wanted scott to go!!!! ]*]   i am glad the rest stayed!!  bo is so cool!! }bH{

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
Re: not scott again??!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 09:45:41 PM »
Did you see how Scott hogged the spotlight with his extended notes when he was singing with Vonzell.  He really drowned her out!  I can't believe Anwar went before him!
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 11:14:58 PM »
 ]*]me either swanee!!   [^/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 11:21:21 PM »
Anwar Robinson Kicked Off and Cut Off of American Idol   :':')
Last week, the bottom three contestants each got to sing a song during an hour-long results show.  This week, the results show was back to only half-an-hour, and Anwar Robinson was kicked off and cut off mid-song as the credits rolled.  It would have been nice to hear Anwar sing one last full song before he was shown the door, but we guess there just wasn't time with everything that had to be packed into the thirty minute show.

The results show starts with Ryan asking Bo what it is like being famous to which Bo replies, "Well, I don't have anything like a star like some people."  A perfect lead-in to a segment on Ryan Seacrest getting his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  We get to see Ryan dirty dancing with a group of girls, assaulting a make-up artist, slaughtering the French language, demonstrating his expert knowledge of the animal kingdom, doing something with a pink flamingo that we don't even want to take a guess at, and finally posing with his star
After the staged surprise Ryan segment, the American Idol finalist perform a song called "You Can Shine" that was written especially for them by legendary songwriter John Farrar.  In addition to singing, some of the idols showcase their other musical talents such as Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice who play guitar and Anwar Robinson who plays keyboards.

Next comes the dramatic build-up to the elimination.  Ryan Seacrest divides the finalist into two groups.  One group consists of Vonzell Solomon, Constantine Maroulis, and Carrie Underwood, and the other group consists of Anthony Fedorov, Anwar Robinson, and Scott Savol.  Ryan then tells Bo Bice that he is safe and asks him to go stand with the group that he thinks is the top group.  Bo wisely avoids a set-up that would have alienated him from three of his fellow contestants and stands in the middle of the two groups. 

Ryan eventually lets Bo off the hook and tells him to go stand with Vonzell, Constantine, and Carrie,  and reveals that Anthony, Anwar, and Scott are the bottom three.  Scott once again proves to be Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof, and Ryan sends Anthony and Scott back to the couch.  Ryan points out that Anwar is "said to be technically our best singer," but that the viewers have voted to send him home.  Anwar says in his farewell video, "I never thought I would have made it this far anyway.  I'm glad to have been here."  The statement is ironic considering only a couple weeks ago Anwar was widely considered to be a sure bet to make the final two or three.  For the second week in a row, American Idol fans have demonstrated that even favorites can quickly fall from grace and be sent home. 

Posted by Joe Reality on April 20, 2005 at 11:39 PM in American Idol | Permalink

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 08:50:45 AM »
I don't get it either.  We have some great talent this season for sure, and I don't think Anwar would have won, but he definitely deserved to make it further than Scott or Anthony.  Heck, everyone eliminated in the past 5 weeks deserved to make it longer than Scott or Anthony.  Who exactly is keeping these two around?

And is it just me or is Vonzelle getting really good.  In the beginning I didn't really like her, but now I think she is awesome!  Another surprise is Constantine.  I hated him in the beginning.  I never thought he deserved to be here.  However over the last 4 weeks or so he has made me a fan.  As for the rest, I have always liked them.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 09:08:28 AM »
It's really frustrating how these two keep hanging in there , how many friends and relatives do they have  }} , I want Scott gone first then Anthony and yeah PapaBear , Constantine  Rocks =]/ !

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 04:58:42 PM »
Are you following me Puddin?

(if so, please don't stop!)

]*[

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 05:48:30 PM »
 *8/  I'd follow you to the end of the Earth PapaBear  ]**] , Love and miss you  ]&]

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 06:12:59 PM »
I like Scott.   /]*
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 09:45:59 AM »
I'll be honest.  In the beginning I really wanted to like Scott.  It was kind of like what Simon said last week - he is the average kind of guy you just want to root for.  His voice is O.K.  However, he does not have nearly the amount of talent that the rest of them have (even Anthony) and I can't stand his cocky personality.  The more I hear him talk, the less I like him.

The same goes for Anthony.  Early on I really wanted him to do well.  As weeks went on though it became obvious that he was not anywhere near the caliber of the others.  I do have to admit that he has actually done better the last two weeks, but he is still not good enough.

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 04:50:10 PM »
I was watching The Tonight Show last night and Anwar was on for a few minutes.  He got to spin the wheel for a prize:  year's supply of Turtle Wax, something I can't remember, and a weekend in the Riviera.  He won the weekend in the Riviera, which turned out to be a weekend in a Buick Riviera.  Also, not that this SHOULD make any difference, but methinks that Anwar might be just a tad bit gay.  Not that there's anything wrong with that!  I'm just pointing out that "middle America," and not necessarily those who live there, but those who think there, might have picked up on that and it may have influenced the voting.  I think Carrie has been lousy the past few weeks, but obviously a contingency of country music-ish people are voting for Miss Wholesome.  They are the same people that put Diane DeGarmo through to the final two above some better singers last year.  Go figure.

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
  • An Angel that has run amuck!
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »
They are the same people that put Diane DeGarmo through to the final two above some better singers last year.

Matter of opinion... I thought she should have won... (of course.. I preferred Amy last year and Amanda this year... my favorites are always voted off early...)

As far as Scott goes... well... he's the worst left as far as I'm concerned... but, since he is entertaining, (not nessisarily in a good way) he is fun to watch.

There is a growing group over at Sucks that have a vote for the worst movement going on.  I won't post a link, but, they do have a website started advertising their efforts. 

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 02:57:36 PM »
I think Carrie has been lousy the past few weeks, but obviously a contingency of country music-ish people are voting for Miss Wholesome.  They are the same people that put Diane DeGarmo through to the final two above some better singers last year.  Go figure.

Agreed...Diane was a nice girl with a big voice..but wasn't entertaining to watch..same as Carrie imho. Simon keeps saying she has the best 'technical' voice of the lot. That may well be (I'm no pro when it comes to telling)..but I do have eyes & ears), again, she's just too plain...........'bo---ring.' (Unlike Bo  /]* get it huh huh)  (%#    ((^ (sad I know..gotta get my jolly's when I can). ;)

I dug  _}{ Fantasia from the very first interview process. Told my bro & his wife (who happened to be watching with me), I thought she had the season in the bag..even put a bet on the table she'd be the 'American Idol that season' He said "You're nuts..she sucks..that's just too easy a bet for me!" Something to be said about *star* quality and that gal had/has it in ace's. Too bad he wouldn't take the bet!  :P

In truth I was surprised Fantasia made it through the voting process..AI voting history has not traditionally been for the unique 'jazzy' type vocalists.  I was thrilled.   }^/

This season is all over the place voting wise..I am clueless as to why Scott & Anthony are still on stage. Sure Scott pulled the ole 'heartstring' chords during the interview process..what with him saying his own father always put him down & pegged him a loser from the start; and he had a surprisingly good voice. In that you didn't 'expect' one to come out of him (shows you how we judge people in this society..on their looks) nothing new..that one; but what the hell is keeping him there..since then he''s come off as a bit of a cocky kinda guy with a chip on his shoulder and alot of tacky overconfidance, (a ruse if you ask me). I liked him in the beginning too..not that I dislike him now (not alot anyway)..just don't think he's got the pipes some of the others have.

And is it just me or is Vonzelle getting really good.  In the beginning I didn't really like her, but now I think she is awesome!

Ditto! Nope not just you Papa Bear..Vonzelle is getting better. much much better. Perfect example of 'finding your nitch' that one is. Notice how in the beginning of the show some of the singers come on all professional like and then falter..and others, like Vonzelle..really excel as time goes on. I guess the theory behind that is those who think they're already good have no room to improve (in their own minds of course). While others are not only a quick study..sponges for excellent direction..but are also harboring some major untapped talent inside of them Vonzelle fits the latter category. The girl gets 'top of the class' for effort on my scorecard. She also has one heck of a powerful voice that wit continued practice..direction and experience can only improve. You go Vonzelle in your 'pink' and all!  |*|

So Anthony will probably go this week..and betwixt the two my fine friends..I think Anthony has the better voice..shouldn't count on one of those two going though..not the way this crowd is voting.  (%#
And of course I should know as I'm doing too too well on the MW questions et al.  ,.(

Better switch my vote to Anthony....yep better do.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 03:33:16 PM by shanghilill »
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.