Author Topic: Rupert Boneham Will Not Appear on Amazing Race 8: The Family Edition  (Read 12783 times)

Offline dreamerbeliever

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Rupert likes to Roar
Re: Rupert Boneham Will Not Appear on Amazing Race 8: The Family Edition
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2005, 11:26:31 PM »
Alright, I am no longer in the camp that thinks Rupert will NOT be on TAR. Word around the rupertskids.org is that Rupert is MIA because he is in "South Africa" Which strikes me as really funny because since Rupe won America's Tribal Council, he has only left the country once to my knowledge. And that was just a weekend trip into Canada for an outdoor convention. Now all the sudden he is packing up the family for a trip to South Africa leaving behind his charity which is rolling pretty good right now? Rupert probably will be on the family edition of TAR!

|#' :] {**}

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2005, 12:57:59 AM »
More great info dreamerbeliever , thanks for sharing and keeping us up to date   :999:

Posted by: RudyRules 
Insert Quote
Yeah puddin...me too!    Ruppie is a cheerer-upper for sure!  He would be most entertaining on TARF or TAR.  Only prob...would he be victim to the same scrutiny as Romber? I would think not, since he was voted the most popular survivor ever, but still...would people resent him b/c he won a million.   

I hate to write this because I'm both a Rupert fan as well as a Romber fan  , but I think that Rupert maybe is loved more by the fans and he and his family just maybe accepted and welcomed , unlike Romber who you either loathe or love .  /{}

Offline dreamerbeliever

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Rupert likes to Roar
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 01:36:27 AM »
two comments from Rupert during his June 8th webchat on the charity site ...

17:22:04 Rupert - Laura and Raya are wonderful and getting ready to go to Traverse City Michigan with me on Friday!

17:22:42 Rupert - Then we come home for one day and then we're off to South Africa

Rupert is pretty good about answering most questions during the chats and later on in the chat, someone asked him what part of South Africa. Rupert did not answer this question. Hmmm maybe because he couldn't think of a South African town name quick enough because well he's not going there unless this is a place the TAR producers are sending him. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 04:55:46 AM »
Yeah!  Great news! Not building up hopes, but it really does sound as if Rupert's are on TARF. COOL!  {| 
Well puddin, I became a Romber fan during/after TAR and wish them much happiness.  BTW, I taped their wedding to watch later...then taped over it w/o realizing it!  :sad: arrrgggh. |(  Maybe it'll be shown again?  Hope so.  :<(

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2005, 01:21:42 PM »
It kind of doesn't make sense that Rupert would know he's going to South Africa as part of TARF.  Even if the race were to start there (which isn't likely, since it usually starts and ends in the U.S.),, I doubt Rupert would be divulging it.

Offline dreamerbeliever

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Rupert likes to Roar
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 07:45:36 PM »
Alright, I am back in the camp that thinks Rupert will NOT be on TAR family edition. I know, I know, I'm flip-flopping more than Fairplay in an alliance. This recent article from a South African newspaper confirms that Rupe is indeed in South Africa. So if TAR has started, then the big guy is NOT apart of it. The article puts him in the country from Saturday the 18th of June until at least Wednesday the 22nd of June. This is based upon his arrival date and the scheduled TV appearances that he is making while in South Africa. Here's the link and a couple of highlights ...

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=180&art_id=vn20050618095144567C812852

Big bear Rupert touches down in SA
June 18 2005 at 02:46PM

Burly good guy Rupert Boneham, all-time favourite on top American reality show Survivor, touches down in Johannesburg on Saturday morning.

The gentle giant of Pearl Island is here to discuss working on a new South African TV series.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 09:11:20 PM »
Well the article was nice to read dreambeleiver , thanks for the info  }bH{

Offline MrsKutz

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • So happy to be here at RFF
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2005, 07:55:51 AM »
 :wow:  I just saw an advertisement  in my local newspaper......

18th Annual Summer 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals......to be held at the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds, in Bloomsburg, PA.......Friday July 8, Sat July 9th, and Sunday July 10th.   

RUPERT from "Survivor" Saturday Only!

{l{  }^! You going to head up there Puddin? ]][

By the way, it's not listed  as an event on Rupertskids website.  And I tried Googling it to get  a link but I had no luck.
   But it is in  my local newspaper...HONEST

« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 08:00:17 AM by MrsKutz »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2005, 09:50:54 AM »
Good find Mrs.Kutz  =]/ , thats settled then no Rupert on TARF .
I would love to meet Rupert . I think Bloomsburg is an hours drive but the construction on I 80 is killer right now around that area   *(^ .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2005, 11:45:43 PM »
My local tv station is airing the promos for Rupert at the Jamboree

heres a link Survivor superstar, Rupert Boneham, will hold an autograph sessions on Saturday July 9thfrom 2 to 5 P.M. The Detroit, MI native finished 8th on the CBS hit series Survivor: Pearl Islands and just recently won America’s Tribal Council and ONE MILLION DOLLARS on the Survivor: America’s Tribal Council series. Rupert used the Survivor prize money to start his new foundation, “Rupert’s Kids.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Jamboree attracts national media attention to Bloomsburg each July.  In addition to industry publications, the Outdoor Channel will be at the show and the event will appear on ESPN 2.  A photographer from LIFE magazine will also attend to shoot the event, possibly for a cover.  Rupert Boneham from the CBS reality show Survivor will be at the show and hold autograph sessions Saturday, July 9th from 2 to 5pm and will pilot his own truck, "The Rupert Raminator."  Show information and a complete schedule of events is available at www.ColumbiaMontourChamber.com/areaattractions.html.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 06:42:31 PM by puddin »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2005, 10:01:32 PM »
Great articles gals! Thanks!  {|  Wish Rupert would come to a city near me!  >*&

So, it has been positively determined Ruppie is NOT on TARF cuz he's doing his Rupert's Kids stuff.  I think this would be about the time for filming in order for the show to begin in Sept or Oct, right?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2005, 10:29:08 PM »
Nevermind!  Just read the spoiler that answers my question...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2005, 10:30:13 PM »
Right Rudy the filming oughta be underway but there is no way exactly to know this  :sad:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2005, 02:11:59 AM »
 I'm disappointed Rupert's family isn't on TARF, but who knows, maybe he & his wife will be on a future TaR.   |#'