Author Topic: Rupert Boneham Will Not Appear on Amazing Race 8: The Family Edition  (Read 12790 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
April 22, 2005
Rupert Boneham Will Not Appear on Amazing Race 8: The Family Edition
Ever since CBS announced plans that the Amazing Race 8 would be a special family edition, rumors have been circulating that former Survivor contestant Rupert Boneham and his family would be a part of the show.  The CBS announcement for Amazing Race 8 described the format change as "Teams will be expanded to four members from two, and all teams will be comprised exclusively of family members. Examples of "family edition" teams could be traditional families (mom, dad and two kids), blended families (newly married with step siblings), four sisters, four brothers, multi-generational (grandparents and grandchildren) or engaged couples with in-laws-to-be, etc."

The rumors probably arose over the fact that two recent teams on the Amazing Race have been former reality TV contestants.  Alison from Big Brother and her boyfriend Donny appeared on Amazing Race 5, and Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich from Survivor are currently appearing on Amazing Race 7.  It would certainly make sense for CBS to recruit a big name reality TV star like Rupert Boneham and his family for the Amazing Race 8. 

Reality TV Magazine decided to contact Rupert to see if there was any validity behind the rumors, and Rupert told us, ""NO, we won't be doing the Family race.  As much as I enjoy the show, I wouldn't put my 5 year old daughter through that."  The rules for Amazing Race 8 do clearly state that "All children participating must be 12 years of age or older," so even if Rupert were to change his mind, it doesn't appear as if his daughter would be old enough to qualify.

So what has Rupert Boneham been up to since Survivor: All-Stars?  Rupert says he's been busy getting his charity Rupert's Kids running and doing a few meet/greet appearances in between.  "Rupert's Kids is a nonprofit organization committed to changing lives by empowering youth to discover their inner strengths, realize their own self worth and their value to society. Rupert's Kids facilitates this process by providing mentoring and educational programming to youth through the rehabilitation of housing for low-income families."  More information on how to support Rupert's Kids can be found online at Rupertskids.org.

Even though Rupert and his family won't be appearing on Amazing Race 8, his family is playing an active part in his life.  Rupert tells us, "My Mom is in charge of fan mail and charity requests, my brother has traveled with me to several appearances as my handler/road manager, and my sister-in-law is my Agent and Manager, handling personal appearances, television and movie deals, and other advertising/product endorsement contracts."

Rupert also sent a special message out to his fans, "It's great to get out to meet the fans who were so supportive of me throughout both seasons of Survivor.  thanks to everyone who has been coming out to my appearances to say hello, and to everyone for their wonderful letters of support."

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2005/04/rupert_boneham_.html

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Rupert Boneham Will Not Appear on Amazing Race 8: The Family Edition
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 08:03:53 AM »
Not being a big Rupert fan, I am happy to hear this.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 11:13:54 AM »
Oh I love Rupert and all but enough is enough..Christ would not want to have to watch him racing with that darn Tye-Dye shirt for 13 weeks or whatever  ,.( .

I agreed that enough was enough about ROMBER!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 11:42:57 AM by Rob »

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 11:19:33 AM »
Oh I love Rupert and all but enough is enough..Christ would not want to have to watch him racing with that darn Tye-Dye shirt for 13 weeks or whatever  ,.( .

I thiink he'd need a tye-dyed jacket too LOL

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 11:27:42 AM »
 |( God help us  , lol . Could you just imagine his whole family in his trademark Tye-Dye's  ..< barf  >

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 12:31:20 PM »
Oh I love Rupert and all but enough is enough

I said this about ROMBER!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 08:18:59 PM »
 /]*

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 09:15:54 PM »
Not being a big Rupert fan, I am happy to hear this.
Being a Rupert fan, I am happy to hear this! :D I just hate to see Rupert and family be scrutinized like Romber!  Although, he wouldn't be hassled as badly, b/c he has bunches more fans than Romber. 

The biggest reason I don't want to see Rupert or any other Reality show contestants on TAR is they've already won money and been in the spotlight.  TAR should feature only people who have never been on any reality show!! 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 09:34:09 PM »
I love the tie-dyed shirts!! LOL!  I even bought one, but not official Rupert one. Close enuf tho. : ) 

Btw puddin...thanks for the good Rupert article!  ]**] 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 09:59:08 PM »
Your welcome Ruday  ]**] , now you have me imagining if Rupert were in TAR8 ..think of the spoilers on sightings because how of easily he would have been spotted ! Especially if he and his family were wearing the famous Tye-Dye's   :)*

Offline dreamerbeliever

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Rupert likes to Roar
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 12:09:26 AM »
Woo and Hoo, my first post here and hello to all  |#'

Thanks for the posting the info on Rupert puddin. Already knew that the big guy wouldn't be on TAR8 from his recent chat over at rupertskids.org but missed the article. And how come you left us high and dry over at the rupertb.com boards puddin, hmmm? It's how I found this site and you were the 11th member to register. I got ya beat by 1 however </] We're dying over there with the # of daily post and I can only carry the torch for so long before my back gives out.

Thanks to RudyRules for the warm greeting, nice to see a familar name from another one of my Survivor board hangouts. Well one post down and who knows how many more to come  B:)

BTW, really love all these choices I have with smileys! Can't get enough of em  =]/

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 01:25:15 AM »
Woo and Hoo, my first post here and hello to all  |#'
Thanks to RudyRules for the warm greeting, nice to see a familar name from another one of my Survivor board hangouts. Well one post down and who knows how many more to come  B:)
BTW, really love all these choices I have with smileys! Can't get enough of em  =]/

You're most certainly welcome, dreamerbeliever!  })}  It's nice to have you here and to see you're making yourself right at home by posting!  (^.#  Please come in often!  Love the name you chose. I have an email addy with dreamer as part of my username.

Yeh, puddin really gave us lots of cool smiley choices!  love'em!

Cheers!
Rudaaay  *^?

Offline dreamerbeliever

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Rupert likes to Roar
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005, 02:04:20 AM »
Thanks for the "official" in person meet and greet Rudy  |#' So are you the same RudyRules whom post over at the SurvivorBlows/realitytvworld.com board? If not then someone has stolen your identity/user name and you may want to report it to the cyber cops.

Well 3 daw moments is enough for my introduction and time for some  :)ZZZ:) but in the words of the great linguist known as Arnold ... I'll be back!  :<( (still diggin on these smiley's)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 02:55:51 AM »
Ohhh...that RudyRules is a different person!  {l{  A couple years ago, when I was over at Blows/realitytvworld.com board...I was real confoosed when I saw a RudyRules on the game leaderboard with bunches of points. I knew it not me!  I wrote to Admin about it and they confirmed it was someone who had been there for quite awhile.  I can't remember all the details, but the other RR wrote me an email.  We didn't keep in touch tho...and I never really hung out at that board.  I go over only for their survivor game,,,as LuvRudy. I have another name for the board.  I posted only a few times...a lonnnng time ago.  They have probably purged me by now!  ]][
bye for now. Come back soon!
 Think I'll give it up for tonite! :)ZZZ:)

Rudaaaay  *^?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005, 03:10:17 AM »
Rupert's kids are too young (Ages 8 below)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 10:43:54 AM »

And how come you left us high and dry over at the rupertb.com boards puddin, hmmm? It's how I found this site and you were the 11th member to register. I got ya beat by 1 however  We're dying over there with the # of daily post and I can only carry the torch for so long before my back gives out

dreamerbeliever , sorry to abandon you  ]*[ , I rarely post at other boards but was such a fan of Ruppies that I just had to join that one . OK I'll hop on over there to see whats going on  ]**]

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 09:56:09 AM »
Dreamerbeliever  ~Welcome!!  Hope you stick around and post with us.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 10:14:05 PM »
Could it be that Rupert will be on on TAR8 ?

from Jonathan Bakers site ..............

June 10, 2005

Rupert on the Amazing Race 8 ?

Rupert is missing in action and this only leads me to think
TAR 8. Even though the press release said Rupert and his family will not be on The Amazing Race 8 I think they will be on the show this fall. Will they get far is the real question. I think not. What do you think?

http://www.jonathanbakerandvictoriafuller.com/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 08:19:10 PM »
From Ruperts Kids website ..appearances

Rob noticed a big gap ,why no July appearances ? Hmmmmmmm......

Upcoming appearances ~
June 29, 2005
Elephant Awareness @ the Zoo - Indianapolis, IN 

August 3, 2005
Shoe Retailer's Convention - Las Vegas, NV 

http://www.rupertskids.org/news.php

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005, 08:23:38 PM »
Good find!!!!!!!!!! 
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline dreamerbeliever

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Rupert likes to Roar
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 11:59:37 PM »
Alright, I still don't think that Rupert will be on the Amazing Race BUT during I believe the Monday June 13th Survivor show on the fishbowl.com with Fairplay and Jenna M, Jenna made a joke that Rupert has gone Dave Chapell (missing in action) and that no one knew where he was.

I took this more to mean that Rupert wasn't a part of the California/Hollywood Survivor group and chooses to stay in his home state of Indiana but who knows. maybe? If TAR8 hasn't yet started to film yet than her comment was probably more of a dig at Rupert for not being part of the cool Survivor group that moved out to Cali to beg for gigs.

We shall see in a few months though  ]^[

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 12:05:23 AM »
Come on dreamerbeliever, fess up, don't you know how to contact Rupert ?  ;)
Already heard some rumors that TAR already started filming , supposedly teams were spotted in Disney , Orlando around June 7th . Don't know whether or not its true, so I'm just passing it on .

Offline dreamerbeliever

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Rupert likes to Roar
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 12:19:20 AM »
lol Yeah I guess I do know how to get in contact with Rupert. His websites are a pretty good start but some of us have met him in person a time or 2  </] I think his office phone number for Rupert Kids is even listed on the charity site. Rupert has been doing about one chat a month on the www.rupertskids.org site, so if all the sudden there is no chat in July, things that make you go hmmm  :P

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2005, 12:07:50 PM »
Cool dreambeliever  |#' , thanks for the info . You know this whole Disney thing has me shaking my head ..why would they start a race in Disney with 1000's of people around  ? It makes no sense but then again I could be wrong so we shall see  :)*. I really hope that Rupert is a part of TARF , he always brings a smile to my face    (*( .

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2005, 08:40:52 PM »
Yeah puddin...me too!  ((^  Ruppie is a cheerer-upper for sure!  He would be most entertaining on TARF or TAR.  Only prob...would he be victim to the same scrutiny as Romber? I would think not, since he was voted the most popular survivor ever, but still...would people resent him b/c he won a million.  *(^

Offline dreamerbeliever

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Rupert likes to Roar
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2005, 11:26:31 PM »
Alright, I am no longer in the camp that thinks Rupert will NOT be on TAR. Word around the rupertskids.org is that Rupert is MIA because he is in "South Africa" Which strikes me as really funny because since Rupe won America's Tribal Council, he has only left the country once to my knowledge. And that was just a weekend trip into Canada for an outdoor convention. Now all the sudden he is packing up the family for a trip to South Africa leaving behind his charity which is rolling pretty good right now? Rupert probably will be on the family edition of TAR!

|#' :] {**}

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2005, 12:57:59 AM »
More great info dreamerbeliever , thanks for sharing and keeping us up to date   :999:

Posted by: RudyRules 
Insert Quote
Yeah puddin...me too!    Ruppie is a cheerer-upper for sure!  He would be most entertaining on TARF or TAR.  Only prob...would he be victim to the same scrutiny as Romber? I would think not, since he was voted the most popular survivor ever, but still...would people resent him b/c he won a million.   

I hate to write this because I'm both a Rupert fan as well as a Romber fan  , but I think that Rupert maybe is loved more by the fans and he and his family just maybe accepted and welcomed , unlike Romber who you either loathe or love .  /{}

Offline dreamerbeliever

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Rupert likes to Roar
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 01:36:27 AM »
two comments from Rupert during his June 8th webchat on the charity site ...

17:22:04 Rupert - Laura and Raya are wonderful and getting ready to go to Traverse City Michigan with me on Friday!

17:22:42 Rupert - Then we come home for one day and then we're off to South Africa

Rupert is pretty good about answering most questions during the chats and later on in the chat, someone asked him what part of South Africa. Rupert did not answer this question. Hmmm maybe because he couldn't think of a South African town name quick enough because well he's not going there unless this is a place the TAR producers are sending him. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 04:55:46 AM »
Yeah!  Great news! Not building up hopes, but it really does sound as if Rupert's are on TARF. COOL!  {| 
Well puddin, I became a Romber fan during/after TAR and wish them much happiness.  BTW, I taped their wedding to watch later...then taped over it w/o realizing it!  :sad: arrrgggh. |(  Maybe it'll be shown again?  Hope so.  :<(

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2005, 01:21:42 PM »
It kind of doesn't make sense that Rupert would know he's going to South Africa as part of TARF.  Even if the race were to start there (which isn't likely, since it usually starts and ends in the U.S.),, I doubt Rupert would be divulging it.

Offline dreamerbeliever

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Rupert likes to Roar
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 07:45:36 PM »
Alright, I am back in the camp that thinks Rupert will NOT be on TAR family edition. I know, I know, I'm flip-flopping more than Fairplay in an alliance. This recent article from a South African newspaper confirms that Rupe is indeed in South Africa. So if TAR has started, then the big guy is NOT apart of it. The article puts him in the country from Saturday the 18th of June until at least Wednesday the 22nd of June. This is based upon his arrival date and the scheduled TV appearances that he is making while in South Africa. Here's the link and a couple of highlights ...

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=180&art_id=vn20050618095144567C812852

Big bear Rupert touches down in SA
June 18 2005 at 02:46PM

Burly good guy Rupert Boneham, all-time favourite on top American reality show Survivor, touches down in Johannesburg on Saturday morning.

The gentle giant of Pearl Island is here to discuss working on a new South African TV series.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 09:11:20 PM »
Well the article was nice to read dreambeleiver , thanks for the info  }bH{

Offline MrsKutz

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • So happy to be here at RFF
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2005, 07:55:51 AM »
 :wow:  I just saw an advertisement  in my local newspaper......

18th Annual Summer 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals......to be held at the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds, in Bloomsburg, PA.......Friday July 8, Sat July 9th, and Sunday July 10th.   

RUPERT from "Survivor" Saturday Only!

{l{  }^! You going to head up there Puddin? ]][

By the way, it's not listed  as an event on Rupertskids website.  And I tried Googling it to get  a link but I had no luck.
   But it is in  my local newspaper...HONEST

« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 08:00:17 AM by MrsKutz »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2005, 09:50:54 AM »
Good find Mrs.Kutz  =]/ , thats settled then no Rupert on TARF .
I would love to meet Rupert . I think Bloomsburg is an hours drive but the construction on I 80 is killer right now around that area   *(^ .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2005, 11:45:43 PM »
My local tv station is airing the promos for Rupert at the Jamboree

heres a link Survivor superstar, Rupert Boneham, will hold an autograph sessions on Saturday July 9thfrom 2 to 5 P.M. The Detroit, MI native finished 8th on the CBS hit series Survivor: Pearl Islands and just recently won America’s Tribal Council and ONE MILLION DOLLARS on the Survivor: America’s Tribal Council series. Rupert used the Survivor prize money to start his new foundation, “Rupert’s Kids.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Jamboree attracts national media attention to Bloomsburg each July.  In addition to industry publications, the Outdoor Channel will be at the show and the event will appear on ESPN 2.  A photographer from LIFE magazine will also attend to shoot the event, possibly for a cover.  Rupert Boneham from the CBS reality show Survivor will be at the show and hold autograph sessions Saturday, July 9th from 2 to 5pm and will pilot his own truck, "The Rupert Raminator."  Show information and a complete schedule of events is available at www.ColumbiaMontourChamber.com/areaattractions.html.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 06:42:31 PM by puddin »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2005, 10:01:32 PM »
Great articles gals! Thanks!  {|  Wish Rupert would come to a city near me!  >*&

So, it has been positively determined Ruppie is NOT on TARF cuz he's doing his Rupert's Kids stuff.  I think this would be about the time for filming in order for the show to begin in Sept or Oct, right?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2005, 10:29:08 PM »
Nevermind!  Just read the spoiler that answers my question...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2005, 10:30:13 PM »
Right Rudy the filming oughta be underway but there is no way exactly to know this  :sad:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2005, 02:11:59 AM »
 I'm disappointed Rupert's family isn't on TARF, but who knows, maybe he & his wife will be on a future TaR.   |#'