Author Topic: New Radio Interview with Brian and Greg  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Bluetickmaggie

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
New Radio Interview with Brian and Greg
« on: April 21, 2005, 05:54:55 PM »
 Brian and Greg had an interview with a DJ in Saint Louis who wanted to interview them because they were from there

http://www.harrisonline.com/audio/racebrothers.mp3

Somewhat summarized below

Stopped beating each other up and like each other, Work and live together

Each team has a camera man who sits in the front of the car and a sound man who sits in the back; the tech crews are rotated each leg, so that racers don't get too chummy with them. Some of these tech crews are athletic and some are old and slow, which can effect how fast the teams get around (depending on which crew they get stuck with that leg). They affirmed that they do have to buy 4 tickets for any mode of transportation they take--taxi, train, airplane, etc.

The 12-hour pit stops aren't much fun; each team has to get interviewed for about an hour, then they get to eat a big buffet, then they get taken somewhere to sleep for about 6 hours, then another interview before starting again. The 36-hour pit stops are a lot better, because they get to mingle with each other and rest more.

The race itself is about 4 weeks long, with another week before it starts and one week after it ends (they didn't say what they did in those pre- and post-race weeks). As mentioned in a prior post, the brothers were approached at a Dave Matthews concert and went in for an interview. Two weeks went by before they were contacted again, and then they had to submit a video (which they said was really funny and that the producers told them it was one of the best videos they'd ever gotten) and undergo a ton of tests and interviews.

It wasn't quite clear, but at some point they were (sequestered?) in a hotel with about 45 other teams who were all vying for a spot. And at some point, I think it was when the final teams had been chosen and were at a hotel waiting to begin the race, they were told NOT to speak to any of the other racers, so Brian and Greg sent cookies and milk via a waiter to Megan/Heidi. They did not know who Rob or Amber was before the race and did not even know they got married this weekend or that they were going to have a tv wedding, and thought Uchenna was a celebrity instead of Rob and Amber. Still talk to everybody but Rob or Amber.

When they were flown by helicopter to the starting point in Long Beach, they flew with U/J and R/D and really thought at that time they would all be the final 3. (I'm sure everyone thought that.) They actually mentioned Uchenna several times throughout the interview, and though they didn't come right out and say it, I got they feeling that Uchenna must have physically intimidated them somehow. He must look pretty big and athletic in real life.

They said their favorite part of the race was the drive through the Andes mountain, because it took 8 hours and they were all in a caravan so it wasn't like they were racing. They were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery.

They talked about a security guy on motorcycle who stayed in the distance in case anything happened. Wasn't clear if each team had its own security guy, or if there was just the one staying in the general vicinity.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: New Radio Interview with Brian and Greg
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 06:11:40 PM »
Awsome article, thanks for posting!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 08:44:11 PM »
Very good article Bluetickmaggie , thanks for taking the time to transcribe it ..lots of good stuff here and I'll download it later to listen to it  *^?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 10:25:45 AM »
great article.