Author Topic: The Biggest Reality Show of All Time Lands on OLN !  (Read 3187 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The Biggest Reality Show of All Time Lands on OLN !
« on: June 12, 2005, 08:30:34 PM »
Coming July 24th

THE TRIBE HAS SPOKEN: OLN LANDS SURVIVOR –
THE BIGGEST REALITY SHOW OF ALL TIME
Network Secures Exclusive Syndication Rights to Seasons I Through X

STAMFORD, CT (June 1, 2005) – In the network’s biggest acquisition to date, OLN® today announced that it has acquired exclusive syndication rights to air seasons I through X of Mark Burnett’s and CBS’ signature, blockbuster, reality series Survivor. This will be the first time most of these episodes have been seen on television since their original airing. The network plans to debut the first season on July 24, after Lance Armstrong’s final ride in the 2005 Tour de France.

“OLN's mission is to captivate viewers with content that feeds their need for thrills, challenges and the drama of competition, adventure and achievement in the outdoors,” said Gavin Harvey, President of OLN. “Survivor covers all of those areas. What better show to bring to OLN, than one that is all about surviving and competing in the great outdoors?”

“Survivor is in good company on OLN, especially with the premiere following the epic conclusion of Lance Armstrong’s final Tour de France,” said Mark Burnett, Executive Producer of Survivor. “I’m excited Survivor fans are going to be able to revisit their favorite moments from past seasons. It’s a fantastic growth opportunity for OLN and a great partnership for us.”

The deal, secured through King World, includes the rights to 10 seasons and more than 160 episodes of the series, as well as options for the next two seasons. Viewers will be able to relive all of the scheming and the physical challenges, the tension-filled Tribal Councils, and the most exciting moments from Survivor history. Who could forget Susan Hawk’s tirade and the bare-all Richard Hatch in Season I? John Dalton lying about his grandmother’s death and Rupert Boneham stealing from the opposing team in Survivor: Pearl Islands? Jenna Morasca and Heidi Strobel stripping for chocolate and peanut butter in Survivor: Amazon? And, of course, Rob Mariano proposing to Amber Brkich on the live reunion show of Survivor: All-Stars?

OLN will not only present each season in its entirety, but also package the programs according to various themes like ‘Most Villainous Characters’ and ‘Biggest Twists.’ The network will also use Survivor as a platform to introduce OLN’s new generation of original series.

“This show presents a huge opportunity for our network,” said Marc Fein, Senior Vice President of Programming and Production. “Since 2000 each season of Survivor has ranked among the top five shows of that season and averaged more than 20 million viewers. Research speaks to the show’s continuing strength and the compatibility between our audience and that of Survivor. The built-in fan base will bring new viewers to OLN, exposing them to all of the other great programming we have to offer.”

“Survivor is the reality series that spawned a whole new television genre,” said Harvey. “It is a prized acquisition and a perfect fit for OLN.”

OLN is the leader in outdoor adventure and action sports television. Now in more than 63 million homes, OLN is the home of best-in-class events like The Tour de France, The Gravity Games, Professional Bull Riders (PBR), USSA Skiing and the Boston Marathon. The Network offers exclusive programming in four primary areas: Outdoor Adventure, Action Sports, Field Sports and Bulls & Rodeo. OLN is distributed via cable systems and satellite operators throughout the continental United States and Hawaii.

http://www.olntv.com/

Offline socklover123

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Survivor!!!!
Re: The Biggest Reality Show of All Time Lands on OLN !
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 11:16:43 AM »
awwww . . . it stinks that i don't have that channel - i'm waiting for the seasons to come out on dvd. anyone know when palau will come out??  |#'
i always said i could talk a fat guy out of his last bag of doritos

Offline misjir1104

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 04:08:17 PM »
no , i'm not really sure- you should check the Topic *Palau DVD*

-ian

Offline socklover123

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Survivor!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 06:38:31 PM »
huh - don't think they know either . . .
i always said i could talk a fat guy out of his last bag of doritos

Offline misjir1104

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 02:39:29 PM »
well someone guessed in thur.