Author Topic: Promo Vidcaps " We Got A Gnome "  (Read 17056 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Promo Vidcaps " We Got A Gnome "
« on: April 20, 2005, 12:13:40 PM »
VO: Amazing Race Tuesday ,
Male :Yeahhh
VO:  in Turkey the teams climb to new heights
Gretch: Oh My God Meredith !
< climbing ladder  >
VO: Will Rob and Ambers gamble to team up with ex POW and Beauty queen pay off ?
< High Fives sharing a ride >
Rob : There not the brightest bulbs on an X-Mas tree
VO: or will the underdog grandparents succeed joining forces with the married couple
Gretch : follow them
Uchenna : lets go lets go
Joyce: at the end of the day their still our  competition
Ucheena : HA HAAA
< climbing >
VO: four teams remain and just three episodes left
Rob: unbeleivable < climbing >
VO : Dont miss a new Amazing Race CBS Tuesday

« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 05:48:18 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Promo Vidcaps " We Got A Gnome "
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 12:24:52 PM »
Will added add later  :<(  << did I write that  :)*

Nice one of the Ferry

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/photo_galleries/istanbul/photopages/001.html

Transport#25 thanks to foghill's lead ..what do you think? Konya

Turkish Dancers

Turkey Dancers

Whirling Dervishes - Sema, Konya

Since I have nothing to add..searching castles .. A better picture of your Fortress   :))

Rumeli Fortress
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 02:39:25 PM by puddin »

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 12:27:51 PM »
 |#' , thanks puddin!
I'll edit after I look at the screencaps, just wanted to be the first one to thank you

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »
" We got a gnome "

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 03:17:23 PM »
Great job, Puddin.  It looks like the archways in the Ron vid caps are similar to the Whirling Dervish vid caps.   I wonder if they are going to do something similar to the Tango Dancers task in TAR5?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 05:14:44 PM »
Does Gretchen get ANOTHER title? LOL

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 05:57:30 PM »
Do you have any doubts Rob  ?  {l{

Scenes From Turkey:
Whirling Dervishes

Nice Picture of the Rumeli Fortress, Credits to ChooChoo @ Blows

Credits to injax @ Blows  }^/
Frames 56 to 59 are the underground water reservoir that was fed by a Byzantine aqueduct. You can see it in the James Bond movie, "From Russia with Love". Its located right next to Hagia Sophia (near the Tokapi Palace).

More info and photos here ~
ISTANBUL : Palace Cistern (Yerebatan Saray)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:55:50 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 10:04:43 AM »
Adding these for clothes analysis [ brought over from Blows posted by TeamJoisey ]
I wonder where Gretchen got the Yellow pullover from?

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 10:12:16 AM »
 ((^  Uchenna's pant's.   I wonder why he has them pulled up liked that. ^/^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 11:10:46 AM »
LOL, are his pants tucked in his socks  :)*

Gretchen is carrying a gnome in the preview!

And the Castle really is the Rumeli Fortress as previously spoiled. See that there is the same suspension bridge in the background as appears in the first second of the preview.

Even better Rumeli Fortress

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 11:22:42 AM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 11:29:17 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 11:54:13 AM »
Lots of jackets:  It never got above 45 F that day.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 12:38:54 PM »
Chateau,  I wonder if Gretchen and Meredith had to buy their jackets or were they given jackets by the race.

It's always fun to hypothesize from the vid caps.  Here's a general map of Istanbul. http://www.turktravel.net/istanbul/index.asp.

After landing in the airport (lower left on map), they have to go to the Palace Cistern in the Old City to look for a gnome or something.  They then have to take the ferry to the Rumeli Fortress (Hisan) up the Bosphoros to do the roadblock of climbing up the fort's walls.

R&A and R&K look all happy in many of the Istanbul vidcaps.  You then see Rob on the Ferry searching through a looking glass.  Maybe, he thinks they're way ahead, but then sees M&G and U&J climbing up the walls and has an OH ****!!  moment.

No matter what happens, it's going to be good.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 01:23:05 PM »
  I wonder if Gretchen and Meredith had to buy their jackets or were they given jackets by the race.

They must have to buy them...it would defeat the we are taking everything away from you penalty

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 01:42:57 PM »
Boy if they had to buy them that would put a big dent in their budget  :':') , Gretch wore that jacket last EP but I never noticed the yellow pullover , thinking back could it have been in the bag of clothes that U&J donated when M&G were mugged ? or maybe the production crew loaned them out  or maybe just maybe L&A were able to donate some clothing after they were eliminated ? it would be cruel almost punishment to make them runaround with just the shirts on their backs  only  :(*8 .
Thanks for the temp info Chateau d If . and good analysis Pedalar ,someone mentioned that the rapelling/climbing the Fort looks like the Corsica detour task TAR6 .. hard to say if this is the RB or detour with so limited vidcaps  , I'll see what I can find , maybe lighten up a few pictures .

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 01:58:05 PM »
I'm guessing there's a lot more begging going on than we're shown.  I think one Insider Video showed (or implied) that all or most of the teams got extra money that way...

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 02:33:55 PM »
The recap show.....had the teams asking for money in the first leg before they left the US

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 02:38:22 PM »
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshells/middle_east/istanbul/istanbul.htm

It may not mean anything, but look at the name of the Hall (in red) at the top of the linked map.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 03:02:06 PM »
I looked at that place too.  But it is not the same as the one in the credits video cap. 

I think they do WD all over.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 07:39:22 PM »
Puddin - This is off topic but I was wondering if you knew where Banzai has been?  Enjoy Banzai's posts and was wondering.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 08:39:28 PM »
 [^/ I have no idea .. I've been looking for him around the other message boards myself  and I  haven't seen him is his usual hangouts either .

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2005, 08:18:45 AM »
Thanks puddin.  Hope all is well with him.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2005, 04:54:08 PM »
So with not too much to go on, and with a lot of blanks that need filling in, this could be a possible scenario for ep 10:

Teams start off in the early morning from the pit stop in Jodhpur. At the first clue box they receive information that tells them to head first to New Delhi and then fly to ISTANBUL, TURKEY.  The questions is how do they get from Jodhpur to Delhi. The only trains listed in the Indian Railways Government train schedule leave at 7:30PM and 10:30PM arriving respectively in Delhi at 5:44AM and 10:45AM. But there may be another train that is not listed in the master schedule which completes the 10 to 12 hour trip in the late evening.  From the estimated time of arrival it looks like the teams will be leaving in the dark of morning (we have Ron and Kelly with headlights reading instructions). It is about 350 miles from Jodhpur to Delhi; perhaps the drive or take a bus if not the train..

The best flights from Delhi to Istanbul leave at 4:00AM and 4:45AM arriving in Istanbul at 8:45AM which would give them the fuill day for events. These may be the flights they are on since we have scenes of the four teams sitting around an almost deserted airline terminal (and New Delhi is a very active terminal most of the day). There are other flights: one leaves on Emirates Air at 11:20AM and arrives in Istanbul at 5:40PM. Don't think that this would work since they would not have daylight to do anything once they arrived and would lose still another of their dwindling supply of days.

So me thinks they somehow get to New Delhi in the early evening and wait at the airport until the early morning flights.  They may all get on the same flight, or on the two flights which land at the same time.

Now to the tasks.

At the airport they receive instructions to proceed to a famous landmark; I'm picking TOKAPI PALACE. Here they have to search for a Gnome who has their next clue!  (The search area seems to be in a large contained area with many pigeons about a la Trafalgar Square in London)  Here the get the clue for the DETOUR:

DETOUR:  Either go down into the YEREBATAN SARAY to find a clue hidden somewhere among the 300 or so columns,(they may have a particular picture to match) or go on a hunt at the SIRKECI STATION where the Whirling Dervishes perform every Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. Here they have to find a person matching the picture they have. Another place holding Whirling Dervish shows is the Galata Mevlevhanesi (only on Sunday evenings) but this location is across the Galata Bridge over the Golden Horn. Both the Yerebaten Sareay and Sirkeci Station are within walking distance of the Tokapi Palace.

At the completion of the Detour they receive instructions to proceed to one of the EMINONO Ferry Terminals and catch a ferry across the Bosphorous to USKUDAR or KADIKOY. Here they have to find their way to RUMELI FORT (YAHYA KEMAL CADDESI)(which is on the Tracean Side of the Bosphorous) This is the location for the ROADBLOCK.

ROADBLOCK:  One team member first must climb the fortress wall using a rope jacobs ladder. Upon reaching the top they must locate someplace where they will retrieve the next clue. Once they have the clue they then must rappel down an even higher wall. We have shots of Uchenna, Rob and Gretchen on the walls.

PIT STOP: The instructions then tell them to proceed back across the Bosphorous and find the SULTAN AHMET CAMILI (Or Blue Mosque) which is the final mat for this leg of the race.  This leg is a NON ELIMINATION leg so nobody is counted out just yet. (The promos for THE EARLY SHOW today do not plug an appearance of the lastest TAR castoff while they do plug the latest castaway from the Survivor show for Friday - this is the pattern TES promos follow when it is a NON ELIMINATION LEG.)

FAST FORWARD -  All gone!

YIELD - Not offered this week; it fits with the title of Ep 11 and it is finally used by one team next week!

Certain shots in the previews are confusing: On some Rob has his red Redsox hat on, and in others a knit watchcap. Gretchen is holding a yellow jacket in some of the airport shots and not in others.  And can anyone identify the background for pix 27 of Rob and Amber walking toward the camera. The doors behind them look like elevator or office doors. There are blue signs over both doors but I can't make them out.  It looks like the location may be somewhere in Istanbul since Rob is now wearing his jacket and warm watchcap. (On the way to the Whirling Dervishes at Sirkeci Station or down to the Yerebaten Saray?)

Time is running out, but we have a lot of blanks to fill in.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 05:03:48 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2005, 06:38:05 PM »
I'm trying to help Gman but he vidcaps and promos aren't helping much at all ..and yes I agree the is a NEL ! No mention at all for the Early Show this week !
fwiw the red X's are gone from the online promo

I think U&J are in front of M&G see the large backpacks ?

Some nice clear vidcaps thanks as always to the lovely Dreamer @ Jokerupdates   ]**]

« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 06:59:15 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2005, 08:52:48 PM »
Just grasping at straws here

Metro

Photos of metro stations in Turkey
Metro Istanbul« is the first intercontinental underground system in the world that brings formerly very distant zones close together in time. On the lines Eurasia 1 and 2 the distance between the two continents is reduced to a mere three and a half minutes.
A transport structure operating independently from the surface life of Istanbul,
»Metro Istanbul« radically changes our way of thinking about the city.
»Metro Istanbul« carries over a million passengers a day in high-tech, driverless, computer-operated coaches.
The passengers are taken down to the stations and back up to the city in special, fast elevators.

Maybe the have to search for certain stone heads in YEREBATAN SARAY?

The columns used in the construction of the Basilica Cistern appear to have been lifted from all over the place - a couple of the columns incorporate giant stone heads!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 09:08:19 PM by puddin »