Author Topic: EP 11 Title~ " The Devil Made Me Do It "  (Read 25950 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP 11 Title~ " The Devil Made Me Do It "
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2005, 12:02:39 PM »
I think the difference between RA and RK's checking time is more like a few minutes.

I know they showed Ron on the tower as R&A checked in but he had not found the key yet.  I looked at the change in the shadows on the tower as each team did the rappel down.  There is a big difference between Rob's and Ron's. 

My estimates for checkin times are:  R&A 1:26, R&K 2:01.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2005, 02:41:09 PM »
Early Show email ~

Tuesday, May 3, 2005

Hi, everyone:

After a lot of rain yesterday, it's turned into a lovely day here in New York.  I feel bad for those of you in Texas who are experiencing unseasonable storms.  Dave filled us in on the conditions there.
This morning, we heard from Claude Mason, the father of the groom in the runaway bride story.  After all the groom's been through, it seems he is still standing by Jennifer Wilbanks.
The community may not be, however. Last week's search for the bride cost her community tens of thousands of dollars, and the district attorney in her hometown says he's still deciding whether to file charges.  To debate the issue, we talked to defense attorney Gloria Allred and CBS News legal analyst Wendy Murphy.  They both had very different opinions on the issue at hand, as do, I'm sure, people across the country. You can voice your opinion after reading what the lawyers said about whether charges should be filed against her.
From brides to mom, this morning, our style maven, Christy Ferer, was in the studio, showing us fun gifts for Mother's Day.  I thought she had some great ideas, especially for moms who like to feel young and hip. Even though I already got a gift for my mother, I saw some good ideas for her birthday in June. 
I loved chatting with Kathryn Morris today. She just got back from Australia where she was greeted like a rock star. The CBS drama, "Cold Case," is a monster hit over there.  It was nice to hear stories of young girls looking up to her heroic character as a role model.  I'm eager to see the surprise season's ending she alluded to.  Her new movie, "Mindhunters,"  is definitely a film to which you have to pay constant attention.  I enjoyed trying to solve the mystery while sitting on the edge of my seat.

I'm excited to watch "The Amazing Race" tonight, as it gets down to the wire.  Love or hate Amber and Rob, they are fun to watch!  Tonight's castoffs will be in the studio tomorrow on The Early Show to tell us what went wrong.

Also tomorrow, I'll be talking to Dr. Phil.

See you then!

Julie Chen

EarlyShow@cbs.com

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2005, 03:03:03 PM »
Some Teams reserve seats on flights while others take a risk with unconfirmed tickets for an earlier connection

This pretty well tells me that both R&A and R&K do the early flight.  We were told that R&K get to use the internet in their special hotel suite (I would guess that they are not restricted to just Travelocity).  So Ron or Kelly would have 12 hours to map out exit plans for a collection of likely destinations.  This is presently puzzling me.  Because wouldn't R&A head off to the airport (IST) before R&K go to (SAW)?  I am seeing about a half hour between their checkin times.  It's hard to imagine that both teams would think of using the SAW-CGN-STN trick independently.

Time is running out.  But someone should see if there is another 'better' flight to use involving IST.

I think it would be pretty hard to determne where they were going next from Istanbul before they get their clue at the pit stop. And I wonder how far the Fort is from the Four Seasons Hotel?  We never see teams going from the pitstop hotel to the clue box which always seems to be where the mat was in the previous show.  so if they have to take a taxi there, R/K would have to beg for funds first, also to take taxi to airport. But back to the hotel and Internet: the logical places to look for flights would be to the East since the teams are still under the impression that this is a "race around the world" as they were told by Phil in the very opening sequence.  So it would be a stroke of pure dumb luck to pick out flights to London as the next place to go.  We all knew that there was a good chance that London was next since we saw the shots in the opening credits!  Not so for Ron and Kelly, and I wonder if they would be smart enough to figure that one out.

If R/K do end up on the SAW-CGN-STN it will be interesting to see how they do it.

Five hours and counting

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2005, 03:27:24 PM »
The money begging is really a sore spot here.  Because, if they cannot beg until their Leg starts then they are stuck walking away from the fortress at 2 am.  I did not see any big resorts or hotels in the satellite image of the area (yes, I looked!).  I am sure that production transports them back to the mat from the hotel. 

If I was R&K I would try to snag R&A at the mat off camera and sell them some info.  So I would spend the internet opportunity getting it.  I think you can scrounge around and get a list of all arriving flights and departing flights for a given airport.  You know when you are going to need to fly.  Then get similar information for each of the destination airports (you've got 12 hours!).

If they can beg before the Leg then no problem.  They will get enough cash.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline coksy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2005, 03:56:05 PM »
It has been mentionned by a few teams in the past that they have to get visas for all the country they will be visiting. Of course the show always makes them get visas for extra destinations so as not to let them know exactly where they are going. They could spend their time on the internet looking at flights for a few possible destinations that they have visas for, one of them being London...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2005, 04:57:54 PM »
I'm Hannah Storm...  I'm Julie Chen...  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY
SHOW...  They're on the last leg of The Amazing Race...  As the competition
heats up, we'll get the inside scoop from the latest team to be eliminated.
Also, important advice for women over 40, anti-aging secrets that don't cost a
lot of money…  Plus, Dr. Phil on the shocking story of celebrity interviewer
Pat O'Brien...  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...

Offline thechosenone

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2005, 05:28:51 PM »
AHH! 2 AND A HALF HOURS, IM SO NERVOUS:(

PLEASE OH PLEASE DONT LET ROB AND AMBER GET ELIMINATED :':')

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2005, 06:15:49 PM »
And I wonder how far the Fort is from the Four Seasons Hotel?

G'man, It's in the old town where Ron and Kelly did the detour.

http://www.fourseasons.com/istanbul/business/directions_to_hotel.html

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2005, 07:22:33 PM »
And I wonder how far the Fort is from the Four Seasons Hotel?

G'man, It's in the old town where Ron and Kelly did the detour.

http://www.fourseasons.com/istanbul/business/directions_to_hotel.html

If they are in Old Towne then they have a problem since Rumeli Hisari (the fort where they did the rappeling) is at least 4 subway stops north at 4Levent.  If they can't beg for money until they get back to the pitstop mat, they are in deep doo doo unless production provides transportation for them.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2005, 07:25:45 PM »
It has been mentionned by a few teams in the past that they have to get visas for all the country they will be visiting. Of course the show always makes them get visas for extra destinations so as not to let them know exactly where they are going. They could spend their time on the internet looking at flights for a few possible destinations that they have visas for, one of them being London...

Americans do NOT need visas for any EU member country which includes United Kingdom and also most of the Eastern European countries which will be joining the EU.

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2005, 07:59:54 PM »
AHH! 2 AND A HALF HOURS, IM SO NERVOUS:(

PLEASE OH PLEASE DONT LET ROB AND AMBER GET ELIMINATED :':')

well, if Rob and amber get eliminated tonight, and it turns out the top 3 teams were saved by non elims...
It means the best racing team doesn't win.  You come in last, you should GO HOME.
You have to go back and think about all the bunching and mistakes other teams made only to be saved...to possibly go on to win?
yeah yeah, the best racing team doesn't always win, well that's no Race...its cBS Bull ****  LOL

Offline thechosenone

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2005, 09:00:41 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAH MUAHAHA

Offline aidanurzeti

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2005, 08:37:46 AM »
Strategically Romber should yield Uch/Joyce, because Uch/Joyce is a tougher team to beat than Mer/Gretchen when in the final 3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2005, 10:12:40 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2005, 10:14:26 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2005, 05:47:52 PM »
Did anybody else see that article that was apparently in a phillipino magazine..

the poster said this:

I just read an article from a local newspaper The Philippine Star, I don't know if this is true or the article is wrong...

The Amazing Race Finale (dated April 30, 2005)

It's three remaining teams competing for the million dollars in the laters season of AXN's The Amazing Race! With Survivor All Stars winners Rob and Amber on board the finale with husband and wife Uchenna and Joyce and former-POW Ron and Kelly in the forefront. The two-hour season finale promises more action, more drama and more nail-biting thrills than ever before.....

The rest of the article talks about the race itself, 11 teams and one wins a million dollars. Oddly, there's no mention of Meredith and Gretchen... [/b]

thechosenone  (7|..my hats off to you and shame on me for ignoring this  ]][ ..next time we should consider all possibilities  , this was the best spoiler we had ..what were we thinking  (%# ?