Author Topic: 4/19 EP9 title~ " We Have A bad Elephant"  (Read 31220 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: 4/19 EP9 title~ " We Have A bad Elephant"
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2005, 10:31:04 PM »
Don't forget to watch ET Tomorrow night for last minute clues ..

Rob & Amber 'Race' To The Top!

April 19, 2005
With brothers BRIAN and GREG out of "The Amazing Race" that leaves just five more teams to travel the world on their way to the big money prize. Will it be "Survivor" lovebirds and first-place twosome ROB and AMBER? Or boyfriends LYNN and ALEX?

In related "Amazing" news, CBS has also announced that Rob and Amber will wed in a special television event, "Rob and Amber Get Married," to be broadcast May 24 at 9 p.m. The TV special will include a behind-the-scenes look at preparations for the wedding ceremony, which takes place at Atlantis, Paradise Island, in The Bahamas. It will also show the bridal and bachelor parties, the reception and special surprises that Rob and Amber planned for each other! Renowned celebrity event planner COLIN COWIE is in charge of the special day.

Meanwhile, last week battle lines were drawn as the "Amazing Race" teams made their way to Lucknow, India. Lynn and Alex led a group against their rivals while husband-and-wife-to-be Rob and Amber formed an uncomfortable alliance with beauty queen and POW KELLY and RON. Will the drama continue?

On tonight's exciting episode, (CBS, 9 p.m.), the savvy travelers have reached the mat in India only to find yet another clue.

The teams have traveled to places like Chile, South Africa and Peru but they encounter a roadblock like none other as they cross paths with elephants -- just to name one of the many exotic animals they must deal with!

On the second part of this extended leg of the race, the raucous racers have difficulty maneuvering moody camels as the animals pull teams into trees, walk backwards and even take time to rest right in the middle of the challenge!

Meanwhile, one pair attempts for the last Fast Forward of the race, which requires them to partake in a shocking and emotional Indian ritual; one normally solid couple has a meltdown; and one couple makes the ultimate sacrifice -- they shave their heads!

For a sneak peek inside the "Amazing" episode, watch tonight's ET!

link~
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2005/04/19/robandamberamazingrace/

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2005, 09:40:56 AM »
Good find.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2005, 09:44:29 AM »
The Early Show this morning ran three video clips promoting the appearance of the latest TAR castoff on Wednesday morning TES. This pretty much CONFIRMS that tonight's ep is indeed an ELIMINATION LEG!

Let's see if I can recap what we think we know about tonight's continuation of ep 8:

1. The four remaining teams get to the rooftop mat and are told they must continue on. From the angle of the sun it looks like Rob and Amber arrive shortly after noon. The last team (Meredith and Gretchen) are running pretty far behind with their tea delivery, so I imagine that they arrive late in the afternoon but before the sun sets at 4:30PM.  I think that with daylight running out that the teams are told to go to the Central Railroad Station and book the night sleeper train to New Delhi.

2. Teams must go to central railrod station and book sleeping car on train leaving at 21:00 or 22:00 for New Delhi.

3. Just before they arrive in New Delhi at 6 or 7 in the morning, the train porter hands them another clue which tells them they are not stopping in New Delhi but must find a train to take them to Jodhpur (the first one leaves at 8:30AM)  If the teams were on a DIRECT train from Lucknow to Jodhpur why would the car porter wake the teams while it was still dark in the morning when thay still had another 12 hours to go on the direct train to Jodhpur which would arrive at 9:00PM? So I think that it must be early morning before the sun comes up, and the teams are waken then by the porter, and they have to scramble to find the train to Jodhpur.

4. Arriving in Jodhpur at around 7:30PM they must first attend some kind of local celebration (fireworks and all) in the Sardar Market square. We have a posting that this might be the Marwar Festifal but this occurs in Jodhpur during the full moon of Sharad Poomina which in 2004, I believe, was October 22 and 23, so this may be some other celebration or something conveniently arranged by the producers for TAR.  During or after the festival they  have to find someone by the clocktower who will hand them the next clue.

5. The next clue is to go to a camel ranch where the ROADBLOCK will take place. Probably another bunch up waiting for the place to open at daybreak. When the place opens they find the clue box and instructions for the Roadblock or the FAST FORWARD.

6. The ROADBLOCK is for one member of the team to maneuver a cart pulled by a stubborn camel around some kind of obsticle course. We see Amber, Kelly, Lynn and Meredith driving the camels. At the conclusion of this task they may have to find the Mehrangarth Fort for their next clue. (But they may go there to get the Detour clue, just think that sometime during their stay in Jodhpur they will visit one of the real landmarks which is the Mehrangarth Fort which dominates the city from the hill overlooking the Sardar Market and Clocktower.) We have spotted Amber, Kelly, Meredith and Lynn doing this task. No sign of Uchenna and Joyce.

7. Next comes the DETOUR which has something to do with elephants. Could be either PUSH a Wooden Elephant or RIDE a Live Elephant. At least we know that one part of the detour is to push a wooden elephant through the streets to a final destination. We see the teams of Rob and Amber, Ron and Kelly, (Perhaps Lynn), and Meredith and Gretchen. The first three teams are pushing and pulling the elephants along together. Meanwhile Meredith is leading while Gretchen is perched on top for the ride. Different part of the same task? or is Gretchen trying to get a better view of where they are to go. Meredith at the end looks like he is at the end of his rope, he is either lost again or completely exhausted. And again no sign of Uchenna and Joyce.

8. The FAST FORWARD. CBS pretty much confirms that one team makes the "ultimate sacrifice - they shave their heads."  This has to be Ubenna and Joyce since all the othe teams have been spotted doing both the Detour and Roadblock.  Since this is a simple task once the teams are committed to the shaving, Ubenna and Joyce should arrive first at the Pit Stop!

9. Eventually teams will make their way to JASWART THADA; just off the fort road and not far from Mehrangarth Fort, this breathtaking white marble memorial to Maharaja Singh II is the PIT STOP for this leg of the race. The last team will be ELIMINATED.

10. My guess for the eliminated team - Meredith and Gretchen. This time they will not be saved by the NELL.

At least that is the way I see it this morning!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 11:53:16 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2005, 10:00:41 AM »
Well....who do we think will be eliminated????

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2005, 11:18:11 AM »
G'man,  great work. 

It sure is nice that CBS is providing enough information again to deduce detours, roadblocks, and other insights.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2005, 11:59:25 AM »
Someone noted that Amber is holding the FF in her hand in this shot (cause it's green?) but I can't tell. If so, she probably just got it so this means that the detour is before the roadblock?  *(^

Offline DeeDee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2005, 12:12:40 PM »
Great Job GMan!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2005, 12:17:41 PM »
 =]/ GMan !!

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2005, 12:32:24 PM »
sorry for not keeping up so this may have been mentioned before but isn’t it possible that Gretchen just misread the clue AGAIN and thought that she had to ride the wooden elephant? I just hope they can survive tonight’s episode, they're the only team I'm rooting for

Offline DeeDee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2005, 12:39:36 PM »
I'm going to have to change my name to GManPuddinFan.  I wish I could include everyone on this site with their great spoilers.  This is the best site, thank you Puddin :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2005, 12:44:08 PM »
Alright  goody !! Another Meredith & Gretchen fan  =]/

I did a search on the newpath ..now CBS is entertainment tonight and above I posted that TAR will be featured tonight and we know they have a upcoming wedding special so take this with a grain of salt, not a spoiler in anyway  ,CBS  KYW is a Philly channel . It is most likely just an Entertainment Tonight update /promo ( Source:     CBS ENT)

^NN-RQ009-SpecialforKYWAmazingRace
Feed(s)
04/19/2005  - 17RQ

Date:       4/19/2005
Story Slug: Special for KYW
Title:      Amazing Race/Rob/Amber FILE
Dateline:   undated
Format:     natsnd
Source:     CBS ENT

Handle:     NATL20050419190

Information:
Special for KYW     Amazing Race / Rob / Amber FILE

Supers:
Special for KYW

Music:
None

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2005, 01:54:24 PM »
Early Show E-Mail , copied as is ~

Hi, everyone,

I hope you're having a great day.  Harry, Julie and I continue to hold down the fort this week as Rene and Hannah enjoy some time off.

It's a big news day with the election of Pope Benedict XVI. Make sure to tune into The Early Show tomorrow morning for all the details about the new pontiff and the traditional events to follow.

Today, of course, marks the 10th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing.  While it is a headline and a memory for so many of us, we must remember the deep personal loss it represents to so many in Oklahoma.  Thousands of people are gathering in Oklahoma City this morning, united by a single tragedy, and a memorial service will be held to commemorate the 168 lives lost that day.  Among those gathering to remember are Vice President Dick Cheney, former Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating and former President Bill Clinton.

Switching gears a bit, we met a young woman today who provided us with a great sense of hope and promise.  Shauna Fleming, a 16-year-old girl from California, has taken it upon herself to write letters to soldiers overseas to thank them.  She has enlisted the support of people all over the country who have written, not 1, not 100, but 1 million thank-you letters.  This is yet more proof that today's young people are doing plenty to make us proud. 

Be sure to tune in tomorrow to meet the latest team eliminated from "The Amazing Race 7"!  Have a great day, and we'll see you tomorrow on The Early Show.

Dave Price

EarlyShow@cbs.com

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2005, 02:07:20 PM »
Eyemail~  *%#

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2005, 05:02:07 PM »
Just to make it official
from the newspath ~

NN-TIEINAM-042005
Below is THE EARLY SHOW Lineup for Wednesday, April 20, 2005 as of 5:30PM
Tuesday.

Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...  The Amazing Race heats up!  Get the
inside scoop from the next castoffs.  Plus, what happens when Julie is
principal for  a day?  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 05:12:57 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2005, 05:23:51 PM »
and one last thing from the Newpath ~

NN-NA280-AmazingRaceTravelswithPh
Feed(s)
04/19/2005  - 22NA

Date:       4/19/2005
Story Slug: Amazing Race
Title:      Travels with Phil Pkg
Dateline:   Jodhpur, India <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Format:     pkg
Source:     CBS-ENT
Reporter:   Phil Keoghan

Handle:     NATL20050419330

Information:
Suggested Anchor Intro:

What's it really like inside the "Amazing Race?"  Show host Phil Keoghan took
his own camera along on the race around the world to give us a
behind-the-scenes look.

xxxx
take pkg

Music:
None

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2005, 06:25:50 PM »
Just saw ET, it was all about Romber .
and former Survivors Rob & Amber still hanging in on The amazing race airing tonight on CBS . You saw Rob pop the question on last years Survivor finale now watch them tie the knot as CBS heads to the Bahamas as CBS heads to the Bahama's to  air a special titled Rob and Amber get married set to air May 24th .

Shots of Amber on the camel and Rob putting Ambers ring on from the ASS Survivor finale .