Author Topic: EP10 Title ~ " We Got a Gnome !We Got a Gnome !"  (Read 17039 times)

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
Re: EP10 Title ~ " We Got a Gnome !We Got a Gnome !"
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2005, 10:15:19 AM »
 },{  This had me  ^/^.   I about spewed my coffee on all over the computer screen, not to mention, my work on the desk. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2005, 10:29:04 AM »
 :)* Don't put it past Gretchen ..Rob and Amber are gonna be MEREDITHOWNED!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2005, 10:57:26 AM »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2005, 12:37:42 PM »
I noticed that the repeated phrasing sounded like Gretchen, so I'm claiming that I called it first for Gretchen to say the title! (it's probably upthread somewhere, and I probably wasn't first).

Apparently the producers liked Gretchen too, she must have the record now for episode title originator.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2005, 01:15:05 PM »
fine Richard , lol ..I probably did read that so Credits to you  for the title sayer  /*^ ..

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2005, 02:00:39 PM »
...and I could still be wrong!  We won't know until next week.  ]**]

Gosh, now we know why the Game Time spoiler site said Meredith/Gretchen become fan favorites. Remember way back at Ep 2 when most people thought they'd be eliminated? 

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2005, 10:05:54 AM »
It's over 350 miles from Jodhpur to Delhi.

Someone posted at another web site that Ron and Kelly's taxi, where they were having the commitment discussion, was in Delhi.  So it appears that they didn't fly from Jodhpur to Delhi.

Any guesses on how they get to Delhi?  Another train ride?  A bus?

Maybe a camel ]#*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2005, 10:10:58 AM »
lol Pedaler ..I just woke up can you post the link  /*^

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2005, 10:38:36 AM »
Puddin,  From your and G'man's other hang out.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1112.shtml#14

p.s.  I think they were going to the Delhi airport, not from the Delhi airport.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2005, 10:49:51 AM »
Oh you can post it here thanks Pedaler ..I don't think they mind   \|] .

Patrice 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"
 04-20-05, 10:28 AM (EST)

8. "RE: TAR 7 Episode 10 Preview vidcaps"
It really looks like New Delhi airport (I was there in July 2004) and the car on 9 really look like a Tata 

Indicav  http://indica.tatamotors.com/indica2004/indica.asp  ... which you can find India, Nepal and maybe Bengladesh.
It is definitively not in SE Asia (I leave there), so there are not in Malaysia, Indonesia, S'pore, Thailand or the Philippines. 

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2005, 10:56:15 AM »
TrekFan101 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"
 04-20-05, 01:46 PM (EST)

14. "RE: TAR 7 Episode 10 Preview vidcaps"
Hi,
I grew up in New Delhi and can confirm that it is indeed New Delhi in the pictures below. The car has been correctly identified as a Tata Indica. The board on the roadside is a Delhi Traffic Police divider. The numberplate on the Indica starts 'DL', suggesting a Delhi vehicle. The speculation that the pictures were taken on the way out of India is most likely correct.
Cheers! 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2005, 11:01:29 AM »
Oh crap I hope its not another 21 hour train ride or Camel Ride ..lol  |(  , what sorta race around the world is this turning into  ]][ ?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2005, 03:40:19 PM »
I will go back and check the Indian Railway schedules, but assuming last time that they might take a train from Lucknow to New Delhi on to Jodhpur, the train ride from New Delhi to Jodhpur took 11 hours (those trains are not the fastest in the world!) And talking about trains if the train left Lucknow at 7:00PM and arrived in Jodhpur at 9:00PM, this was the same time that the train leaving at midnight arrived. So perhaps the producers had a special car attached to the train leaving at 7:00PM and it was switched over to the direct train somewhere along the way.

I want to go back to the first show and see just what Phil said about this trip; did he actually say that the race was around the world? or just that it covered 40,000 miles and went through four continents?

And we are just assuming that the intro pictures are correct and that the team will go on to London.BUT could they just be making a small hicky back to Istanbul, and then will fly directly to Vietnam, Cambodia, or even Australia for the May 3 show? This would get them around the world.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2005, 07:21:11 PM »
Port Antonio, Jamaica. Consistent with a final three spoiler.Trident Hotel,
UK. We didn't have any other spoilers indicating the UK as a destination. Also, these could be recycled shots from season 3. However, the only destination in that leg actually in London was the Tower Bridge and it was edited out of the episode. The race moved immediately on to Cambridge and Aberdeen, Scotland. With the amount of new footage in the sequence, it seems likely that this is also new and we can expect the UK to be a stop.

EP1

Phil: In just a few minutes, you'll be leaving on a race around the world. Separated into legs. Various tasks. Cash to cover expenses except airline tickets. Eight pitstops are elimination points. If you're last, you'll be eliminated. Your first clue, waiting inside the envelope atop your luggage. When you get the word, get the clue, and run to the cars in the parking lot. The first team to cross the finish line wins $1 million.

Amazing Race 7 Preview
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 07:54:56 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2005, 11:23:46 PM »
This is from the TVGuide.com preview of TAR7:

"This season, the show has definitely gone back to its roots. There are a lot of photo finishes, and there are a couple of new twists and turns that will really engage people. For example, teams that come in last place will face new consequences that we haven't seen before."

Format changes aside, Keoghan cites casting as the main reason for this season's success, starting with the biggest names, Survivor winners Rob and Amber. "They stirred the pot up quite a bit," he laughs. "Some people were surprised by the choice, but just to be clear, they came to us about being on the show. We didn't go and find them."

Not everyone on the race was pleased to see them, either. "Right from the beginning, there was quite a bit of animosity directed towards them. I can't say they were warmly embraced. This was a totally different experience for them. I think they were quite surprised by the speed of the race. On Survivor, they're used to not eating and talking a lot. There's no real downtime here."

In addition to Rob and Amber, Keoghan says fans should keep an eye on a few other teams. (Click here for photos of them all.) "There's Ron and Kelly, a dating couple," he says. "He's a POW who was shot down in Iraq and was in the news for quite a while. There's also a married couple, Uchenna and Joyce. Both have worked for companies that went bankrupt; both have had financial difficulties in the past and both are absolutely desperate to have a child. They really came into this race to win. A lot of teams come on for the experience, but this team is there because they want to win the money and use it to have a child. There's a real focus there and you don't see that with a lot of teams."

Interesting to note that Phil talks about "new twists and turns"  Does he mean the race takes a 180 degree turn back on itself? But in the very first ep he talks about a race AROUND THE WORLD. So where do we go next?

Also it is interesting to note, and this was before the first program aired, that the three teams he talks about first and the mostest are Rob and Amber, Ron and Kelly, and Uchenna and Joyce. Is he highlighting the final three or is this just a coincidene? (But I never believed in coincidences)  He obviously had these three teams at the head of his list of interesting teams. And he reiterates the fact that U/J are unemployed, and in need of big bucks for invitro proceedures. Again a hint that they indeed win the race?

But then we have those dang gone UK pix. And ApprenticeFan and his itinerary.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2005, 10:04:46 AM »
I thought it was interesting the threee that were mentioned

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2005, 10:09:14 AM »
But then we have those dang gone UK pix. And ApprenticeFan and his itinerary.
((^
Yes this can be quite confusing .. off to search the boards for spoilers  :<(

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2005, 12:39:46 PM »
OK   8-)'  I will throw my hand in at this.

First I have to say, ya'll are just amazing  ]-{

Now for my bit of observations:  First, is Uchenna scaling down the wall. He appears to be almost done and you can clearly see two things to note.  There are 5 ropes to be repelled.  Why five ropes?  If it is a roadblock, it would only be necessary to have four ropes.  Also you can see that where Uchenna has already repelled, the rope is thicker, since there are two there.  The other four ropes are not.  He is definitely the first one down the repel.  Now in this task, we see Rob climbing, Gretchen climbing and Uchenna repelling.  The dark body that swings on the ladder and looks like it hits the side, I cannot tell who that is.  Do we actually see Uchenna climbing or Grethchen and Rob repelling? 

Other observations:

Joyce is very high up, in reference to the bridge and she is looking up.  Talking to camera?  Is Uchenna there?

A body can barely be seen as soon as Uchenna is beginning to repel.  It looks like it might have a white helmet on, not yellow shirt.  It is to Uchenna's right.

Last:  I cannot tell the type of clue Gretchen has in her hand when carrying the Gnome.  Also why is she by herself if it is simply a Route Marker.

These are my observations and once again I am amazed at the sluething that goes on here.  It is just phenomenal!  Maybe some of my amatuer questions and observations can help a bit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2005, 01:37:33 PM »
We can't  know everything kraziladi  }}{ .
Now in this task, we see Rob climbing, Gretchen climbing and Uchenna repelling
Yep , from what I can see Ucheena is rapelling and Rob & Gretchen are climbing .
Do we actually see Uchenna climbing or Grethchen and Rob repelling? 

Not as far as I can tell .
The dark body that swings on the ladder and looks like it hits the side, I cannot tell who that is
Neither can we . I think its Rob /Gretchen or Ucheena  (*( ?

A body can barely be seen as soon as Uchenna is beginning to repel.  It looks like it might have a white helmet on, not yellow shirt.  It is to Uchenna's right.
Thats more than I can see ..no idea .

Last:  I cannot tell the type of clue Gretchen has in her hand when carrying the Gnome.  Also why is she by herself if it is simply a Route Marker.

We don't know thats shes alone ..this is all we can see and we cant read what shes holding .

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2005, 04:32:47 PM »
Thanx for answering the questions Puddin  =]/.

I was just going out on a limb, thinking maybe one member of the team climbs and the other repels.  The only problem then would be that there would have to be another choice for the detour.  Leaving the roadblock the Gnome (which I think is just a route marker task) and the roadblock the Whirling Dirvishes.

And yes, the forum here, does almost know it all and that is great!    :<(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2005, 04:46:30 PM »
 Thanks kraziladi  .. couldn't do it with out all of you helping ,i think we all make a pretty good team here  ]**]

Just to confirm no mention of TAR on the ES tomorrow ~

WEDNESDAY MORNING ON THE EARLY SHOW

Harry Smith, Hannah Storm and Rene Syler will anchor THE EARLY SHOW from New York. Julie Chen will anchor from Los Angeles, CA. Dave Price will bring us the weather.

Along with the top news of the day, we will also have the following stories:

GIRLS AND STEROIDS: Steroids are in the news again, but this time young girls are making headlines. A growing number of young American girls are using bodybuilding steroids-not necessarily to get an edge on the playing field-but to get the toned, sculpted look of models and movie stars. We will take an in-depth look at the growing problem.

SELLING YOUR HOME: Are you thinking of selling your home? Is the time right? EARLY SHOW financial contributor Ray Martin will join us with important advice to help you avoid the biggest mistakes homeowners make.

COLD CASE: In Fresno, California, authorities are taking another look at the sudden death of a young woman five years ago. What was initially determined to be heart failure has been re-classified as poisoning. EARLY SHOW National Correspondent Hattie Kauffman reports on the mysterious death of Linda Adanalian.

PET PLANET: In this week's Pet Planet, resident veterinarian Debbye Turner will bring us a look at some of the most popular dog breeds in the country. She will talk about the characteristics of the popular breeds like Labrador Retrievers, German Shepherds, Border Collies, Poodles, Dalmatians, and Chihuahuas. She will look at what lifestyle, family situation, and human personality types are best suited for each breed. For instance, if you are a very active type A personality, a Border Collie may be a good choice for you, or if you like a little quiet time by yourself, a Chihuahua might be the dog for you.

AUTHOR HARLAN COBEN: Seasoned mystery writer Harlan Coben will join us to discuss his latest page turner, The Innocent, in which an ex-con gone straight is working hard to make his way in the world. He's happily married and about to be a father when a cell phone photo of his wife with another man in a hotel room shatters everything.

WICKEDLY PERFECT: Wickedly Perfect winner Kimberly Kennedy will show us how to decorate and embellish using rubber stamps.

CHIC ON A SHOESTRING: David Zincenko, Editor-in-Chief of Men's Health Magazine, will give us a look at the latest spring fashions for men and he'll show us that it is possible to look great this season without breaking the bank.

If you would like more information on any of these stories or the broadcast, please click on the following address and e-mail us: earlyshow@cbs.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^NN-TIEINAM-042705
Below is THE EARLY SHOW Lineup for Wednesday, April 27, 2005 as of 5:00PM
Tuesday.

PLEASE NOTE: This information WILL be updated again several times overnight,
beginning at approximately 2:30AM, then again at 5:45AM, 6:45AM and 9:15AM for
West Coast Stations. Please do not forget to check the AM tie-in note in
Spacemail.

Harry Smith, Hannah Storm and Rene Syler will anchor THE EARLY SHOW from New
York.  Julie Chen will anchor from Los Angeles, CA.  Dave Price will bring us
the weather. 

Please note that each night a 10-second "tomorrow" and "coming up" topical
anchor promo that can be used in a combo spot, teasing your local morning show
and THE EARLY SHOW, can be found in the Newspath Now server under "promos".
***This promo teases stories only in the 8AM hour only***.  Co-op stations, you
can use this promo to tease the broadcast in your own morning news.  Here is a
look at the promo we recorded for Wednesday's show:

Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...  Are you thinking of selling your
home?  Is the time right?  Avoid the biggest mistakes homeowners make with our
helpful tips...  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW... 

Please also note that a 20-second "tomorrow" and "coming up" topical anchor
promo can be found in the Newspath Now server under "promos".  Here is a look
at the promos we recorded for Wednesday's show:

I'm Julie Chen...  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...  The mysterious
and sudden death of a young woman five years ago sparked national attention.
Now, new evidence is putting the heat on this real life cold case...  Did a
family member kill her?  And, are you thinking of selling your home?  Is the
time right?  Avoid the biggest mistakes homeowners make with our helpful
tips...  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW... 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOUR LOCAL WEATHER CUTAWAYS WILL HIT AT THE FOLLOWING APPROX. TIMES:
DAVE PRICE THROWS TO LOCAL WEATHER CUTAWAYS AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES:
1) 7:08:40
*****WE WILL CONFIRM THE HIT TIME FOR THE FIRST WEATHER CUTAWAY EVERY MORNING
AT 6:30AM ET VIA EVA******
2) 7:31:50
3) 8:04:35
4) 8:33:45
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:11 SEGMENT ONE- CARRYING QUINTS: (Dateline: Phoenix, AZ) Teresa Anderson, an
Arizona surrogate mother gave birth to five boys Tuesday.  Teresa and babies
are all doing well.  She will join us from Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
in Phoenix to discuss the births.

7:18 SEGMENT TWO- MISSING DA: (Dateline: Bellefonte, PA) Centre County District
Attorney Ray F. Gricar has been missing since Friday.  Lara Gricar, daughter of
the missing attorney will join us for an exclusive interview to discuss her
father's disappearance and any leads in the case.

7:32 SEGMENT THREE- COLD CASE: (Dateline: Fresno, CA) In Fresno, California,
authorities are taking another look at the sudden death of a young woman five
years ago.  What was initially determined to be heart failure has been
re-classified as poisoning.  EARLY SHOW National Correspondent Hattie Kauffman
reports on the mysterious death of Linda Adanalian.

7:41 SEGMENT FOUR- BUFFALO ROAM: Details TBD, please check overnight wires.

7:48 SEGMENT FIVE- GIRLS AND STEROIDS: Steroids are in the news again, but this
time young girls are making headlines.  A growing number of young American girls
are using bodybuilding steroids - not necessarily to get an edge on the playing
field, but to get the toned, sculpted look of models and movie stars.  We will
take an in-depth look at the growing problem.  Guest TBD- Please check
overnight wires.

8:08 SEGMENT SIX- SELLING YOUR HOME: Are you thinking of selling your home?  Is
the time right?  EARLY SHOW financial contributor Ray Martin will join us with
important advice to help you avoid the biggest mistakes homeowners make.

8:16 SEGMENT SEVEN- CHIC ON A SHOESTRING: David Zincenko, Editor-in-Chief of
Men's Health Magazine, will give us a look at the latest spring fashions for
men and he'll show us that it is possible to look great this season without
breaking the bank.

8:34 SEGMENT EIGHT- PET PLANET: In this week's Pet Planet, resident
veterinarian Debbye Turner will bring us a look at some of the most popular dog
breeds in the country.  She will talk about the characteristics of the popular
breeds like Labrador Retrievers, German Shepherds, Border Collies, Poodles,
Dalmatians, and Chihuahuas.  She will look at what lifestyle, family situation,
and human personality types are best suited for each breed.  For instance, if
you are a very active type A personality, a Border Collie may be a good choice
for you, or if you like a little quiet time by yourself, a Chihuahua might be
the dog for you.

8:39 SEGMENT NINE- AUTHOR HARLAN COBEN: Seasoned mystery writer Harlan Coben
will join us to discuss his latest page turner, The Innocent, in which an
ex-con, gone straight is working hard to make his way in the world. He's
happily married and about to be a father when a cell phone photo of his wife
with another man in a hotel room shatters everything.

8:45 SEGMENT TEN- WICKEDLY PERFECT: Wickedly Perfect winner Kimberly Kennedy
will show us how to decorate and embellish using rubber stamps.

If you have any questions please call me at 212-497-6000 (between 6AM-9AM) and
after 9:00AM at 212-975-6705. Thank you. Meghan Merriman.