Author Topic: JTS Quiz 9 is up! With MW Added!  (Read 10130 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
JTS Quiz 9 is up! With MW Added!
« on: April 10, 2005, 08:31:49 PM »

Approximate bonus remaining (%): 19.50

# Question Pts
1. Will Stephenie join the Koror tribe?A. Yes - as a captured player/POW/part of a Koror reward B. Yes - she is simply absorbed by the dominant tribe C. Yes - both tribes merge to form a tribe with a new name D. No - she cohabitates with Koror but remains Ulong for the entire episode E. No - she's stuck at Ulong beach until she loses an IC F. None of the above or inconclusive 15
2. At the end of this episode, what color buff will Stephenie be wearing?
 A. Blue B. Brown C. Green D. White E. None of the above or inconclusive 15
3. If Stephenie "joins" the Koror tribe, when does this occur?
 A. Before or at RC (or in place of RC) B. After a tribal RC (but before IC) C. After an individual RC (but before IC) D. At or after a tribal IC E. At or after an individual IC F. Stephenie remains an Ulong throughout this episode G. None of the above or inconclusive 5
4. Will the players be given a choice whether to merge in this episode?
 A. No B. Yes 5
5. What best describes the role the two natives shown in the web promo play? A. They are part of a merge ritual B. They are involved in how a challenge is performed C. They entertain/cater to winner(s) of the Reward Challenge D. They teach winner(s) of the Reward Challenge survival skills E. None of the above is correct 5
6. According to Mersaydeez on Survivor Sucks, Tom makes a fool of himself with rum in this episode. How does he make a fool of himself?

A. Dancing B. Puking C. Boorish comments D. More than one of the above E. None of the above or inconclusive 5
7. The episode title is "I Will Not Give Up". Who does this refer to?
 A. Janu B. Stephenie C. None of the above or inconclusive 10
8. Who from Koror will compete in the Reward Challenge?
Caryn B. Coby C. Gregg D. Ian E. Janu F. Jennifer G. Katie H. Tom I. Everyone as a team J. Everyone individually K. None of the above is correct 5
9. Who will win the Reward Challenge?
 A. Caryn B. Coby C. Gregg D. Ian E. Janu F. Jennifer G. Katie H. Stephenie I. Tom J. Koror K. Ulong L. None of the above is correct 15
10. Who from Koror will compete in the Immunity Challenge?
 A. Caryn B. Coby C. Gregg D. Ian E. Janu F. Jennifer G. Katie H. Tom I. Everyone as a team J. Everyone individually K. None of the above is correct 5
11. Who will get second place in the Immunity Challenge or be the second to last to exit it?
 A. Caryn B. Coby C. Gregg D. Ian E. Janu F. Jennifer G. Katie H. Stephenie I. Tom J. Koror K. Ulong L. None of the above or tie for 2nd or N/A 5
12. Who will get last place in the Immunity Challenge or be the first to exit it?
A. Caryn B. Coby C. Gregg D. Ian E. Janu F. Jennifer G. Katie H. Stephenie I. Tom J. Koror K. Ulong L. None of the above or tie for last or N/A 5
13. Who will win the Immunity Challenge?
A. Caryn B. Coby C. Gregg D. Ian E. Janu F. Jennifer G. Katie H. Stephenie I. Tom J. Koror K. Ulong L. None of the above is correct 15
14. Will Stephenie be present at Tribal Council?
 A. No B. Yes 5
15. Who will receive the second most votes at Tribal Council or win a tie breaker?
 A. Caryn B. Coby C. Gregg D. Ian E. Janu F. Jennifer G. Katie H. Stephenie I. Tom J. More than one K. None of the above or a tie for second 5
16. How many votes will the eliminated player receive against them at Tribal Council?

A. Zero B. One C. Two D. Three E. Four F. Five G. Six H. More than six I. There will be no Tribal Council J. There will be more than one Tribal Council 5
17. Who will be eliminated?
 A. Caryn B. Coby C. Gregg D. Ian E. Janu F. Jennifer G. Katie H. Stephenie I. Tom J. More than one K. None of the above 35
Total Points 160

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:42:01 AM by puddin »

Offline Jusalurker

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: JTS Quiz 9 is up!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 08:41:59 PM »
What a bunch of hard questions! Thank goodness MESS is on it as we speak!

Does Tom Dance do you think?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 10:12:08 PM »
My quick picks

# Question Pts
1. Will Stephenie join the Koror tribe? 
She's Absorsbed as a Koror

Brown

Before or at RC (or in place of RC)

No

5. What best describes the role the two natives shown in the web promo play? 
 They are part of a merge ritual

6. According to Mersaydeez on Survivor Sucks, Tom makes a fool of himself with rum in this episode. How does he make a fool of himself?
. Dancing B. Puking  More than one above  ?? Guess

None of the above or inconclusive ( Coby)

. None of the above is correct

None of the above is correct ( not sure if the IC is a RC Combo?)

Everyone individually

11. Who will get second place in the Immunity Challenge or be the second to last to exit it?
Caryn . 

12. Who will get last place in the Immunity Challenge or be the first to exit it?
Ian Janu

Tom

Yes

15. Who will receive the second most votes at Tribal Council or win a tie breaker?
Katie ??

16. How many votes will the eliminated player receive against them at Tribal Council?
More Than 6

Coby
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 10:42:24 AM by puddin »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 04:59:49 PM »
I know there are vids of Janu still wearing a brown buff.  Any chance they are colorized, to throw us off?  It seems very strange that they would follow the tradition of a celebration feast instead of an RC, to signal the end of tribal challenges, without also the tradition of changing buffs and tribe name.

I think I may wait a bit until others have had a chance to ponder, before changing my first two question picks (I have that the merge occurs with a new name, and Steph ends the episode wearing a green buff).

I have Coby finishing the IC next to last, and Janu quitting first, and Steph as second most votes, but I think the rest are the same as puddin.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 05:14:52 PM »
same as rmax mostly. had the brown buffs, changed to green, might even go back to brown. can't decide if the vidcaps have been through the buff-o-matic. the natives landing tell me that it's a merge and a merge feast, complete with rum or some alcoholic beverage. i think the last three standing may includ caryn, coby and tom with caryn jumping, then coby and tom winning. maybe steph is exhausted running a camp by herself?
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 05:42:17 PM »
Am I the only one that thiks that " I will not Give Up " screams Coby or Tom ? I'm thinking endurance ? or Coby's crying  last week about how he was bullied "I wasn't going to let anyone make me quit this time." Steph just seems to obvious ? and Janu wants to go home right? or am I reading this question wrong  {l{ ?

This is what Snewser posted at Harrolds board
Writing and scoring the questions is more like being on the receiving end of Marquis de Sade. Because the entire season is spoiled, I'll have to spend extra effort rewarding the more obscure spoiling questions. All the boots are pretty obvious from here on out.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 05:49:06 PM »
Well, everybody's gonna be in the same boat this week.  I predict it will be the lowest scoring week yet.  These questions a certainly obscure.
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 05:49:55 PM »
Bianca's No Green Buff Spoiler ..here  }^/

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 05:55:52 PM »
well, Snewser certainly does a good job then of finding unspoiled questions.  In the past, when the boot was obvious, he's given low points for getting the boot right, but even last week when everyone knew it was Bobby, it was worth 30 pts.

I think the fact that the title could refer to any one of 3-4 people (Steph, Coby, Janu, Tom) makes it not an obvious question.  I picked Steph because I think she'll be the focus of the episode ("merging" with Koror, whether the tribe changes names or not, surviving the first TC as an individual player).  But it could be Janu, getting her second wind, or Coby, carrying over his statements from last week (though that's what makes me think it's not him), or Tom (though he's not a choice, making "None of the above" a good option too!)

That's what makes Snewser the master of the game and why we love him.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 05:59:40 PM »
I love him too Richard ..do you know him? I always wondered what he looks like ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 06:02:53 PM »
I found a Bianca clue that supports the Individual IC question

biancaxxx
(4/6/05 12:21 am)
ezSupporter
  Re: Survivor 10, Ep. 9: "I Will Not Give Up"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Considering next week we'll see Stephanie absorbed into Koror she might receive a special immunity (then again not) as the newest member.

Seeing as though the game turns individual next week, I don't see anything at this point, that would justify Stephenie being granted a "special immunity" for being the newest member. 

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 06:11:28 PM »
Sure, I know what he looks like....I happen to have a picture of him right here:

Snewser...Age 10
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 06:47:39 PM by Magiiila »
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 07:28:07 PM »
 ((^ are you Paluing my finger?  ^/^

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2005, 07:49:46 PM »
went back to my first picks of a brown buff. may kick myself on thursday but eh. also changed the i will not give up to none of the above. i'm beginning to think it's tom and everyone finally agrees. he may even say it during the ic.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2005, 08:06:18 PM »
cinni !!
i'm beginning to think it's tom and everyone finally agrees
where are they agreeing because I'm going crazy about whether or not to change my answer ?

Tom arms crossed " I will not giveup" Maybe?

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 08:54:46 AM »
that's the picture that screams "i will not give up" at me. maybe because of his spat with coby, tom feels he really needs it this time? i can still see a lot of people saying it but the snews choices are steph, janu or none of the above. seems better odds for none of the above right now.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 09:09:35 AM »
 {l{ To bad we can't figure out for sure who falls or gives up first ..these 5 point questions are going to add up in a big way . I read that Ian is not good a balancing and I had him first but changed to Janu because she wants to leave right? and figured she just gives up first on the balance / whatever IC .

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2005, 09:20:35 AM »
re: Snewser

No, I don't know him, but I'd love to meet him someday. I read an article about him once, it even gave his real name (Tim Gilman).  He lives in San Francisco, is a programmer (what else?), and I hope he's a major pain in Mark Burnett's butt, ha!

(if you google "snewser" and "gilman" one item that comes up is this http://www.survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=ocr_chill from Survivor: Amazon and the ChillOne spoiler)

re: JTS Ep 9

I picked Janu to fall first in the IC, mostly because she appears to be weakest, but it may not be a good assumption, her being a Vegas showgirl (good coordination, balance).  It's just one of those "crap shoot" questions that I usually get wrong!

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2005, 04:55:25 PM »
i'm with you rmax, janu was my initial thought and i think i'll leave it for now. i also wondered if might be ian but decided he'd do his best to last a little while. won't we all laugh if he is first?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2005, 05:12:47 PM »
 :<(  Hiya cinni ..fired up for tonight  ?  ]#*
The only way I'm changing any of my JTS picks is if I get something solid thats worth more than 15 points or more ..so far no clues  ]**]  . I'm still a bit worried about the " I will not give up " question  but am hanging on and hoping that it applies more than one person .

Just noticed that that is another option to the question ..did Snews just do this or did I not notice it before  ?
 A. Janu B. Stephenie C. None of the above or inconclusive 10

it 's now posted/worded  as ~
A Janu B. Stephenie C. None of the above , more than one   or inconclusive 10
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 09:56:35 PM by puddin »

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2005, 08:42:39 PM »
1. Will Stephenie join the Koror tribe?B. Yes - she is simply absorbed by the dominant tribe - We have heard that there was no merge, they didn't use the green buffs, and that Caryn only wears the Brown buff so if all thats true then she is either absorbed or captured and last time I checked people who are captured dont row there .

B. Brown - Absorbtion = brown and she will have to feel good getting out of the blue.

A. Before or at RC (or in place of RC) - i just dont see an opening with steph at Ulong at night, then the koror morning, then step going to koror, them doing the meeting, the natives comming, a feast, tom getting drunk, a pole standing immunity challenge, and a reward challenge all fitting in this episode. Something has got to give and it probably the reward challenge. hmmm there are only really vidcaps of one challenge.

A. No - honestly if I was Steph I would just go to Koror.

5. What best describes the role the two natives shown in the web promo play? A. They are part of a merge ritual - Since I dont think there is a RC and the other answers involve a winner this just makes sense  right??

A. Dancing - just a guess kinda im hoping hes the Beetle nut, and I think this could be the beginning or him, Ian and Katie with a little flare.

C. None of the above or two of the above or inconclusive - maily because of the change.

K. None of the above is correct - no challange = no winners.

L. None of the above is correct - blah

J. Everyone individually - hooray for individual immunity  |#' I just hope Tom doesnt win em all  _-^.

A. Caryn - I think this could be a big move for her in the game.

D. Ian - the first of many weird jedi like exits by Ian??

I. Tom - I think this says enough.

B. Yes - with the rest of Koror.

H. Stephenie - She is turthfully the obvious pick but she is the sheep in wolves clothing or as I like to say the Ulong member that was in the Koror 5 which is really the Koror 4 wink wink.

G. Six - I suppose Ian, Tom, Katie, and Steph are locks to vote for him and Gregg will abort his aformentioned plan with Coby because it will not be good for his game at that point, Jenn will tag along. I still fight as the if any others will be in on this shocker althought its not much of a shocker.

B. Coby - another shocker that not a shocker although Coby looks quite shocked it's ok the Cobmister will always be Aok in my book
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: JTS Quiz 9 is up! With MW Added!
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005, 10:43:17 AM »
Round 9 
Check out our other games
Mediiia Whore: The Amazing Race 7
Mediiia Whore: American Idol 4

Change penalty will be going up next week.

Did you see StephEnie build a platform to get the fire closer to the torch to start? Nice.

I bet EPM pays the cameramen to make spooky noises to try to scare the crap out of Steph. No doubt hilarity ensues.

Those mean other kids won't let Coby play. I are sad.

Yes the chirp thing was really a bonus not a penalty.

Deadline is Thursday, April 14th, 7:30ish PM EST

My Picks 
Question My Answer
Who will get booted?  (50 Minutes of Fame)  Caryn Coby Gregg Ian Janu Jennifer Katie Stephenie Tom 
Who will win the Reward Challenge? (40 Minutes of Fame)  Caryn Coby Gregg Ian Janu Jennifer Katie Koror Stephenie There is no RC Tom Ulong 
Who will win the Immunity Challenge? (50 Minutes of Fame)  Caryn Coby Gregg Ian Janu Jennifer Katie Koror Stephenie Tom Ulong 
Who is most negative about a survivor over indulging? (45 Minutes of Fame)  Caryn Coby Gregg Ian Janu Jennifer Katie Stephenie Tom 
Will there be a feast? (50 Minutes of Fame)  No Yes and all remaining survivors participate Yes but just for Koror Yes but just for Ulong Yes but some Koror members are excluded 
Does Coby end up participating in the activity from which he is upset about being excluded? (30 Minutes of Fame)  No Yes 
Does Gregg vote for the same person Coby does at Tribal Council? (45 Minutes of Fame)  No Only one of them votes There is no Tribal Council They both don't vote Yes 
Who accepts a bribe first? (40 Minutes of Fame)  Burnett Caryn Coby Gregg Ian Janu Jennifer Katie No one accepts a bribe Probst Stephenie Tom 

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 11:21:21 AM »
I don't get the bribe question.  Who/what/when/where/why is a bribe offered?

I had to drop Coby from my Team, picked up Katie (ugh) figuring she'll last a while.

My picks:
Who will get booted?  (50 Minutes of Fame)      Coby
Who will win the Reward Challenge? (40 Minutes of Fame)    There is no RC
Who will win the Immunity Challenge? (50 Minutes of Fame)    Tom
Who is most negative about a survivor over indulging? (45 Minutes of Fame)    Jennifer
Will there be a feast? (50 Minutes of Fame)    Yes and all remaining survivors participate
Does Coby end up participating in the activity from which he is upset about being excluded? (30 Minutes of Fame)    No
Does Gregg vote for the same person Coby does at Tribal Council? (45 Minutes of Fame)    No
Who accepts a bribe first? (40 Minutes of Fame)    No one accepts a bribe

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 01:06:57 PM »
I'm guessing that the bribe is something that Jiffy offers food at the IC ..like Heidi & Jenna's famous peanut butter and chocolate..fwiw I went with Katie  :)*
Also because I messed up last week and forgot to drop someone I changed my team to Tom/Ian ( think he wins IC next week/ coconuts) and Steph because MW seems to like her now and we should go down to two by the time shes booted so...

My Picks 
Question My Answer
Who will get booted?  (50 Minutes of Fame) Coby
Who will win the Reward Challenge? (40 Minutes of Fame) There is no RC
Who will win the Immunity Challenge? (50 Minutes of Fame) Tom
Who is most negative about a survivor over indulging? (45 Minutes of Fame) Coby ( interesting rmax has Jenn ..hmmmm , my change)
Will there be a feast? (50 Minutes of Fame) Yes and all remaining survivors participate
Does Coby end up participating in the activity from which he is upset about being excluded? (30 Minutes of Fame) No
Does Gregg vote for the same person Coby does at Tribal Council? (45 Minutes of Fame) No
Who accepts a bribe first? (40 Minutes of Fame) Katie  ( Moooo)

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 02:40:32 PM »
Thanks for the bribe info, I forgot that bribing is part of the endurance challenge. Will have to re-think that one (maybe Coby? He may not think he's at risk...).

The reason I picked Jenn as most critical is that she may be overly critical of Tom after he insisted no one could get showers from the water reward.  Second choice might be Coby...