Author Topic: SWEET,,,STEPH....  (Read 10666 times)

Offline palauan on guam

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • achoo!!!
Re: SWEET,,,STEPH....
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2005, 06:42:02 PM »
yup...u never know... plus that steph looks like one hard chick... ****, if she could be the last one on her team shes already a true survivor...
palauan unexposed....
say hello to my little fwen..."click" palau palau palau palau palau palau...muhahahahahah

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2005, 08:21:24 PM »
I would not doubt it!
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2005, 06:38:12 AM »
Pal says: " if she could be the last one on her team shes already a true survivor..."
-*^  I've thot the same.  To survive her teammates says a whole lot about Steph and I think she should get something special for that accomplishment...  not sure what, but something huge.  Maybe give her a million for most popular...if she beats Rupert in the voting poll?

(hey puddin, where;s the EXACTLY emote???  *(^  )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2005, 10:43:35 AM »
 )')

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2005, 01:51:29 PM »
 *%#
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2005, 05:15:03 PM »
Something for Steph Fans

Jonathan Storm | A tribe of one, and a singular personality

By Jonathan Storm

Inquirer Columnist

A star is born, but can she survive?

Fellow competitors call Stephenie LaGrossa, who grew up in Glenolden, Delaware County, "charismatic," "determined" and "forthright."

Jeff Probst, host of Survivor: Palau - where Stephenie, 25, became the first one-person "tribe" in the show's history - says she is second only to Survivor god Rupert Bonham in generating viewer interest.

"Stephenie has proven she is one of the toughest ever to play Survivor, and, when it comes to women, perhaps the toughest," Probst said in a telephone interview.

"Every guy wants Stephenie," said Coby Archa, the 32-year-old hairdresser from Tyler, Texas, who was voted off last week. "And every girl wants to be Stephenie."

People who dismiss TV reality shows as, at best, superficial brain candy are missing a fascinating character study and naturalist video extravaganza when they skip CBS's Survivor, the best, most popular and longest-lasting of the current reality game shows.

Tonight at 8, they will miss one of the most capable and compelling of the more than 160 candidates who have scrounged for roots and berries, and for the admiration of their compadres, in wildernesses around the world, as she tries to navigate new waters in her quest for glory and $1 million.

Check that. This lean, mean fighting machine already has the glory.

And Stephenie (Survivors always go by their first names) was almost the only contestant with a brain in the young (average age: 27) and buff Ulong Tribe that set a Survivor record for losing eight consecutive "immunity challenges," contests contrived by the producers to guarantee members of the winning tribe more time in the game. With only two Ulong left, she used her head to knock off Bobby Jon Drinkard in a ceremonial fire-building contest, and she was all alone.

After fending for herself overnight and for most of a day in a tropical island jungle in Palau, a tiny country southeast of the Philippines, Stephenie - a lacrosse standout at Archbishop Prendergast High and at Temple and New Jersey's Monmouth University - was allowed to paddle over the water last week to join the eight other remaining Survivors in the Koror tribe. (Survivor producers are enamored of exaggerated ceremonial hoodoo and exotic tribal names with indigenous roots.)

"We've never had anybody go back to camp alone," said Probst, who has supervised 10 iterations of Survivor since 2000. "It's basically the scariest scenario we've had. You're forced to live by your own wits. The cameramen don't factor in, because you know, after 20 days, they would never even speak to you, much less help."

Now, Stephenie, a pharmaceutical sales rep who has four brothers and is the youngest child in her family, will be forced to engage a different set of wits as she jockeys to remain in the game with a group of older competitors (average age: 36) who have lived together for three weeks.

Her arrival immediately blew a hole in the tribe.

"The whole time, we agreed we were going to keep strong all the way to the end," said Koror's Coby by phone from his home. "She changed that immediately. She's a likable player, and everybody wanted to play with her."

They didn't want to play with Coby anymore. He was exiled, but not before giving Stephenie the complete lowdown, at least as he saw it, on the rest of his team.

The show was taped during the winter, but candidates still struggling on TV are kept incommunicado.

Coby said he was not surprised when Stephenie showed up on his island, but now, as a viewer, he wishes the producers had let her soldier on alone. "I think that would have been fascinating."

Many fans agree, but Probst explained that the producers had discussed the possibility of an eventual one-person tribe before starting the Palau installment, whose biggest wrinkle was that the contestants would be allowed for the first time to choose their own tribes.

"You can't end the show at an immunity challenge, and Stephenie loses, and she goes off in a boat," he said. "That's not Survivor... .

"Since World War II is a theme of the show [Palau is littered with downed planes and shipwrecks], we decided if one tribe conquered the other, it would get its remaining member.

"We never dreamed it would happen."

Neither did James Miller, self-styled leader of the Ulong tribe, who also never dreamed Stephenie would connive to vote him off and out of any chance to win money. Apparently, he still doesn't get it.

"She seemed like she was just honest. She was forthright with me," he said with admiration.

He does know one woman, however, who is not sold on Stephenie.

"My wife," who looks forward to meeting Wonder Woman at the May 15 reunion show, he said. "She's debating on whether or not she's gonna whip Stephenie's tail."

A tip for Mrs. Miller: Don't even try.

Jonathan Storm |

TV

Survivor: Palau

Tonight at 8 on CBS
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/entertainment/columnists/11446451.htm

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2005, 06:01:58 PM »
Second only to Rupert! Well if cbs would update their polls, Steph would be over the top. I'm gonna go vote a few more times. Hopefully they update it tonight.

Thanks for the article puddin.

Offline palauan on guam

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • achoo!!!
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2005, 09:24:33 PM »
wow   8-)' i dont know, but she looks really good wet  ;)
palauan unexposed....
say hello to my little fwen..."click" palau palau palau palau palau palau...muhahahahahah

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2005, 05:54:05 AM »
 :':')looks like her time to go is next week...
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2005, 02:22:55 PM »
 ]:,

Offline rkinn76

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2005, 07:16:15 AM »
BASTARDS......

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2005, 12:08:33 PM »
I sure am going to miss her. :':')
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2005, 01:07:01 PM »
Sorry guys I knew it was coming but could not tell because this is a non spoilers thread  :':') . I just knew you all would be heartbroken.. sorry  ]:,

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2005, 01:48:29 PM »
 :':')

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2005, 03:56:58 AM »
 :':')
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan