Author Topic: SPOILER  (Read 3696 times)

Theresa

SPOILER
« on: July 13, 2003, 07:11:27 PM »
Do not read this if you do not want a spoiler on BB 4.  

I am posting this because it is also news about BB... but don't scroll down if you dont want to know who leaves.

After throwing a temper tantrum in the house early in the day that caused some of the other houseguests to protest to the show producers that they feared for their personal safety, Scott Weintraub, the 33-year-old waiter from Chicago, was ejected from the "Big Brother 4" house on Saturday evening.

Jam! Showbiz reports that unhappy about being in the game with his ex-girlfriend, Scott exploded and threw chairs across the kitchen, sending his fellow Houseguests scurrying to separate parts of the house. The producers then called Scott to the Diary Room confessional room to speak to him, but he initially refused. "These people don't own me. Scott to the Diary Room? I am not going to the Diary Room," he responded. In talking with fellow houseguest David Lane, Weintraub said he felt like the producers were taking advantage of him (gee, you think?) Scott finally obeyed the producer's instructions and went into the Diary Room to speak to them while some of the female houseguests huddled in the bathroom and expressed fear over having Scott remain in the game.

Upon exiting the Diary Room, Scott held a meeting and apologized to everyone for his actions and also admitted that he has Human Papillomavirus Virus, otherwise known as genital warts. According to him, the situation has devastated his life. Several of the houseguests seemed more upset over his STD disclosure than with his previous outburst, as Michelle began sobbing inconsolably and Alison began vomiting and frantically cleaning the bathroom toilet, apparently aware that HPV can be transmitted through non-sexual contact.

After the meeting was over, Scott was then called into the Diary Room again and apparently sent home by the producers after they spoke to the other players about their safety concerns.

The issue of whether there will now still be an eviction this week or how the television episode will address the situations remains in question. As long-time "Big Brother" fans remember, this is not the first time a houseguest has been ejected from the program. During "Big Brother 2," Justin Sebik was dismissed by the producers early in the series for placing a knife to the throat of contestant Krista Stegall -- who at the time appeared to take it as a joke and didn't seem threatened by his actions -- after a night of heavy drinking in the house. According to CBS statements issued at the time, the knife incident was Justin's "third strike" and he was asked to leave after a "three-hour discussion with a psychologist." It is currently unclear if Scott had any such discussions prior to the decision to oust him from the program.

When the episode covering Justin and Krista's knife incident later aired, host Julie Chen conducted an exit interview with Justin in which he was able to "explain himself." The producers opted to continue with a normal eviction that week, deciding instead to schedule a week four weeks down the road in which there was no eviction.

Of course, despite the fact that in interviews after her eviction Krista claimed to have no memory of the knife incident and that "the producers blew that completely out of proportion", Krista later changed her mind and sued CBS over the incident, so it's unclear if CBS will be as accommodating this time around and also give Scott a similar exit interview.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re:SPOILER
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 08:59:54 AM »
All I have to say is WOW. I always had a bad feeling about Scott, but I wanted him to say in so he could get rid of Nate! Oh well.

I guess that would be scary with the STD. CBS, IMHO, really put the houseguests in danger since that can be transfered without sexual contact. I really think they made a mistake there!

Rob

Offline LadyVenom

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 08:39:49 PM »
HPV can only be spread through sexual contact while the person is infected.  Scott had been wart free and not contagious for over a year.  There should be no reason why he wouldn't be allowed in the house for this.  

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 09:54:33 PM »
I guess I was under the impression that HPV can be spread without sexual contact, but I am no STD expert either. LOL. I am glad to hear that the other houseguests were not in harms way then.

By the way, welcome to the board LadyVenom!
Rob