Author Topic: BARF! BARF! BARF!  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
BARF! BARF! BARF!
« on: April 06, 2005, 07:51:26 PM »
Is it just me, or is this re-crap episode the "Make everyone hate Rob & Amber even more"?

And, it put to bed the fact that Rob & Amber did not when Brian & Gregg rolled thier car!

Please, let them be eliminated.

I always have hope that they will be eliminated, even in this recap episode. They should be like "You guys are hated, we eliminate you now" LOL

Rob

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
Re: BARF! BARF! BARF!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 02:27:05 AM »
I am seriously thinking about not watching the rest of the season. I am so p**sed that romber is still on the show. They should get time penalties for letting locals help them.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 02:45:21 AM by 'keeta »
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 02:39:31 AM »
Yep keeta, I agree.  That wasn't right to get help.  :(*8   Each team is sposed ta do everything by themselves!!  They should've definitely been penalized.   It's no different than if one team member helps the one who's doing the detour.  Only oNe of them can do it.  The other one can cheer them on...but not actually do any part of it. 

Offline dameche

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I Love Rob and Amber !!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 08:20:07 AM »
Oh come on!!!!  _-^

Past racers had help (IE: Colin/Christie, Jonathan/Vic and so on) and you said nothing then. But when Romber gets the help..........you scream no fair. Please! Bottom line it is a race. You use every means possible to win. But-but they already won a million.....SO WHAT! If you are good enough to do it a second time..go for it.  }^!

About the brothers accident. In case you miss it, he did say "I hope they are alright" but he wasn't stopping because it is after all a race. Get over it! Maybe if Rob saw they had no help, he may would have stopped. You will never know.

What scares you Romber haters is..........they are good and have every possibility of winning. Whether you like it or not.......I see Romber at least placing second...if not winning. Just like he said, "He cannot be voted off", so Romber must be doing something right. I say deal with it.  :)*

Actually, Amber won the million not Rob. If she walked away tomorrow, her million leaves with her.

GO ROB AND AMBER!!! I REALLY HOPE THEY WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  =]/  |#'  ]#*

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 10:01:13 AM »
The getting help doesn't bother me, because I realize, almost half the teams in the past have had help! I think getting help shows your person skills, even with someone from another country!

What really bothers me about Romber is the fact, why should we reward those two any more. They took a spot from someone who was REALLY tring to get on the race, not just going up to Phil and begging to be on (like what Romber did). I just don't think its fair that a team would get picked like that.

Rupert is rumored to be on TAR too, and I don't think its fair to those people that try. TAR is its own show, why do we need rejects from Big Brother & Survivor?

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 10:58:16 AM »
Rob had no obligation to stop..this is a race for a million$ , sure maybe he would have got a check mark in his "should he be allowed in heaven or not"  and it would have given the Rob haters something nice to talk about instead of a reason to bash him . It is a Race and thats what he told Phil ..he's not there to make friends he's in the race to win ..Rob is Rob ..no excuses for him he is what he is love him or hate him  .. ..you have to admit that he is focused determined to win and is running a hell of a race    }^!  ]/

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 11:46:43 AM »
Rob had no obligation to stop..this is a race for a million$ , sure maybe he would have got a check mark in his "should he be allowed in heaven or not"  and it would have given the Rob haters something nice to talk about instead of a reason to bash him . It is a Race and thats what he told Phil ..he's not there to make friends he's in the race to win ..Rob is Rob ..no excuses for him he is what he is love him or hate him  .. ..you have to admit that he is focused determined to win and is running a hell of a race    }^!  ]/

I agree....I say name One team that hasn't gotten help...they are ALL getting assistance in one way or another, Directions, money, Ray and Deana got tons of help, (airplane...schmoozing to get off the plane first, better seats) where are they? there are endless examples.
What about Lynn standing 5 feet away from his swinging bag in the spear challenge???? Gretchen and Meredith being held afloat by other racers giving handouts....
I'm not saying assistance hasn't aided Romber, but look at the stats,the leg finishes don't reflect Assistance, it reflects performance...R/K and Romber are the only teams not making dumb mistakes and consistently in the top leg finishers... a team can get all the help in the world but if they suck and make stupid mistakes? it won't be much help to them. Again, every team has gotten help somewhere, but people only seem to focus on what Rob and Amber get...it's hardly a fair assessment.

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 11:51:37 AM »
The getting help doesn't bother me, because I realize, almost half the teams in the past have had help! I think getting help shows your person skills, even with someone from another country!

What really bothers me about Romber is the fact, why should we reward those two any more. They took a spot from someone who was REALLY tring to get on the race, not just going up to Phil and begging to be on (like what Romber did). I just don't think its fair that a team would get picked like that.

Rupert is rumored to be on TAR too, and I don't think its fair to those people that try. TAR is its own show, why do we need rejects from Big Brother & Survivor?

Rob

it's all ratings, ratings arre upppppppp because of the rejects LOL
no offense to the other racers, but no new fans are gonna tune in to see CHuck and his drinking buddy and two gay guys from LaLaLand LOL
Better ratings assures you being able to tune into TAR for a few more races.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 11:55:55 AM »
I think the clip show was very fair towards Rob.  There were many examples of positive and negative behavior shown.  Rob is certainly not a one-dimensional character.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 12:43:14 PM »
Here we go again....

There have been plenty of instances where teams got help with tasks.  Didn't locals hold either (or both) Terri and Flo while trying to ride bicycles loaded with heavy baskets?  And what about the locals pushing cars in TAR5?  And guys helping [someone] carrying meat in TAR5.   I don't have any problem with locals helping teams, as long as they aren't forbidden explicitly in the clue.

I'm not sticking up for Romber but I don't think it's fair to say they shouldn't get help.  It may be unfair that they got help due to their celebrity, which has certainly happened, but who's to say they wouldn't have managed to get help in any case?

I don't particularly like it when *any* team lies or steals to get an advantage but it's also part of the game.  Rob has done both (lying and stealing, as in Cabgate) but then he cries foul when his own tactics are used against him (as when Lynn refused to share a cab). 

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 02:45:25 PM »
Here we go again....

There have been plenty of instances where teams got help with tasks.  Didn't locals hold either (or both) Terri and Flo while trying to ride bicycles loaded with heavy baskets?  And what about the locals pushing cars in TAR5?  And guys helping [someone] carrying meat in TAR5.   I don't have any problem with locals helping teams, as long as they aren't forbidden explicitly in the clue.

I'm not sticking up for Romber but I don't think it's fair to say they shouldn't get help.  It may be unfair that they got help due to their celebrity, which has certainly happened, but who's to say they wouldn't have managed to get help in any case?

I don't particularly like it when *any* team lies or steals to get an advantage but it's also part of the game.  Rob has done both (lying and stealing, as in Cabgate) but then he cries foul when his own tactics are used against him (as when Lynn refused to share a cab). 

I really liked L/A last episode because they cut down on the whining.
I'd have even more respect for them if they would have just told Rob they diidn't want him in the cab instead of the lame 'no room' excuse

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 06:36:11 AM »
Oh come on!!!!  _-^

Past racers had help (IE: Colin/Christie, Jonathan/Vic and so on) and you said nothing then. But when Romber gets the help..........you scream no fair. Please! Bottom line it is a race. You use every means possible to win. But-but they already won a million.....SO WHAT! If you are good enough to do it a second time..go for it.  }^!

About the brothers accident. In case you miss it, he did say "I hope they are alright" but he wasn't stopping because it is after all a race. Get over it! Maybe if Rob saw they had no help, he may would have stopped. You will never know.

What scares you Romber haters is..........they are good and have every possibility of winning. Whether you like it or not.......I see Romber at least placing second...if not winning. Just like he said, "He cannot be voted off", so Romber must be doing something right. I say deal with it.  :)*
Actually, Amber won the million not Rob. If she walked away tomorrow, her million leaves with her.

GO ROB AND AMBER!!! I REALLY HOPE THEY WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  =]/  |#'  ]#*

I say Rob is dead wrong and this will be his downfall.  You can be voted off on TAR....it's called a Yield.  I hope to see this go down in history, where every player possible yields Romber.

And I will deal with it, when the world hears me celebrating.   ]-{

The recap show did zoom in on Romber alot!  Yes Rob is playing some good strategy, but at what cost? I do not care for people, who have more regard for money than other people.   ,.(  It truly shows the type of person Rob is, he will kick you when your down, as long as he wins.

I think it is quite entertaining to see how one sided everyone is.  There is no middle ground, you either love 'em or hate 'em.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 10:24:55 AM »
I was very disappointed in the recap show....most of the show was what we already saw.

Yeah Rob got help but so have others....yes rob should have atleast slowed down...but seeing another team there he could have figured they were okay. They are playing the game just like everyone else.  I do think they are focusing alot more on R/A because they already have a villian charater.

THe one thing I did think was interesting was seeing that everyone immediately started begging for money in the US.  The girls showind their tattos for $$ and more. 

Everyone talking about how bad rob is....the helped fix the truck that got him and S/P to the next stage before others....Rob may do things people do not like but they also do things that others would like if they were shown.

Offline mommy2bree

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2005, 11:01:58 AM »
Ok.  I have been thinking about the "help" issue, and I think maybe Romber's fame has also caused them to be slowed down a bit.  For example, when they stopped at the hospital for directions, a non-famous couple would have been in and out, whereas Romber had to make nice with "fans" before they could get on their way.  So I guess I'm over the "help" issue now.   :/

That being said, I still dislike Romber.  Mostly because Rob is so conceited.  I'm not fond of conceited people.  I also feel that if they don't NEED the money, they should have let someone else take the spot in the race...and Yes, I know Amber actually WON the money, but you can't tell me that she didn't share with him for helping her get to the final 2 and win.  And even if she didn't, I'm sure they are getting several million, as well as their wedding free, for allowing the nuptials and what-not to be televised.  So no, I don't think they NEED the money.  I don't enjoy watching them, and I hope they are eliminated soon. 

But like they say, opinions are like noses....everyone has one (except maybe Michael Jackson) and they all smell.  Ok, I know that's not how it goes, but I was trying to stay "clean".   |#'

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2005, 12:51:12 PM »
the other thing I meant to mention was them showing D/B and R/A calling it a truths....glad both teams were able to say okay it was heated it was a game.... of course they did not know rob took their cab

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2005, 09:07:11 PM »
 ((^rob!!!  bring on the barf bag!!! }^!  i personally think rob is a guy who seems to have grown up on the streets, no sensitivity!!! ]-{  but he knows how to con and win!!! })}  smart player, and will probably do well at the competitive games, but will probably not do well in the apprentice type games!!   (%#  get my drift??!! B:)