Author Topic: EP8/ Read here for a recap of tonight's episode of Survivor Palau....  (Read 3420 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
MENSA Candidate eliminated from Survivor Palau
Posted on Thursday, April 07 @ 21:54:56 EDT by Trevor

Read here for a recap of tonight's episode of Survivor Palau....

by Trevor Freeman

On the heels of the rousing success that was my drunken Survivor recap last week, we are going to write this week’s with a “buzz” going. Call me a poor man’s Hunter Thompson. Anyways, it has been a packed television night as we had both Survivor and the Oakland A’s playing at the same time. Courageously I worked the remote control in an effort to catch both programs. It was a suspenseful Survivor and it came down to an individual immunity challenge at Tribal Council. Stephanie was able to best Bobby Jon and stay alive on Survivor Palau.

Survivor began with clips of the Ulong camp. Stephanie was trying her best to start a conversation with Bobby Jon, but he just wasn’t biting. Me personally, I would have been begging the cameramen to break out a CD player, toss on some Barry White, get me a couple bottles of wine and a pack of (editor’s note: I think we all get the gist of what you’re trying to say Trevor). Over at Koror, there were rats running around their camp. Coby was complaining about nobody cleaning up their mess. He especially had some biting comments about the women. He said and I quote, “I’m a feminist and I just won’t stand for having these women sit around and let the alpha male do everything for them.”

(BTW, I have had a song in my head all day long and now you guys are going to have it in your head as well. It’s a fun one. Let’s give it a shot. “And they were singing and dancing and moving to the music and just when da da da….da da da say Play That Funky Music White Boy.”)

The Reward Challenge for this week’s episode was to eat this egg called a “balu”. What this essentially was is a duck that hasn’t quite hatched yet. It would be Tom & Ian versus Stephanie & Bobby Jon. The first person for each team would eat one. The second person would eat two and so on. It came down to Tom and Bobby Jon in an overtime match. First one to five would win. It was a tight contest but Tom would emerge victorious. The prize for this Reward Challenge was 55 gallons of fresh water and a bunch of cleaning supplies.

ICS FROM APRIL FOOLS !! http://finsag .com/aprilfools.scr After winning the Reward Challenge the teams went back to camp. Over at Ulong, Bobby Jon was taking out his frustrations on a bunch of logs. Stephanie had the “Those cameramen will protect me if something should happen” look on her face. At Koror, Jennifer and some others were looking forward to taking a shower. Tom and Ian put a kibosh on this and convinced the group that the water is better served to be used for drinking and using to cook. Jennifer whined about this a little. I think Gregg and her both suck and I look forward to seeing them get eliminated. It was here that we also learned that Tom, Ian, and Katie have a secret alliance with Stephanie. I hate to reiterate about how good I am, but let the record show I called that last week. Ladies and Gentlemen, you stick with me and you too can be the star of your Survivor Season Finale party (editor’s note: Gimme a break, Trevor! Any dimwit watching at home saw that coming).

Finally, we got to our Immunity Challenge. Coby and Gregg would be going for Team Koror in this one. The Challenge involved swimming one at a time to four buoys and retrieving a bag full of puzzle pieces drifting underwater at each one. Once each team got all four bags they could put together their puzzle. Upon completing their puzzle they had to finish a crossword puzzle. After finishing the crossword puzzle they had to take the remaining letters and form a phrase. Instead of explaining how this game was won, I will just point out that it involved intelligence and Bobby Jon is still a member of Ulong. Koror once again won and it was convincingly. After winning, Coby talked of how proud he was to be a contributing member of the greatest team in Survivor history. He cried a bit and talked of how he used to get picked on by the better athletes. Let the record show, even though I was a Division I scholarship athlete I never once belittled somebody for their lack of athletic ability (editor’s note: That’s because you were too concerned with drinking beer and chasing women, not due to you being an All-American guy).

(BTW, Eric Byrnes just hit a three run homer for the Oakland A’s and the greatest franchise in baseball history is in position to score the “W” over Baltimore.)

An Individual Immunity Challenge between Bobby Jon and Stephanie replaced the Tribal Council for this episode. Whoever built a fire high enough to light their torch first would win. Stephanie would build it high enough first and get the win. All in all, excellent episode of Survivor. Tune in next week, as Stephanie now has to survive on the island by herself.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to e-mail me at trevor.freeman@east2westsports.com.

Trevor can be reached via IM at http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=430. Be sure to check out Reality Fan Forum’s new Sports section for more articles by Trevor at  http://sports.realityfanforum.com.

link~
http://www.realityfanforum.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=264

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP8/ Read here for a recap of tonight's episode of Survivor Palau....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 09:11:32 PM »
})}  }^!

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 11:21:08 PM »
Puddin you are one twisted person.  ]#* =]/
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 11:33:25 PM »
blame it on Trevor ( “And they were singing and dancing and moving to the music and just when da da da….da da da say Play That Funky Music White Boy. ”)  }^! ]#[ ]t{ ^]]

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 11:23:16 AM »
I love this sick group of people. ]**] ]**]
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 11:45:42 AM »
 ((^ That's some funny **** Puddin  ]#*

Can someone tell my why Bobby John stuffed alll thsoe eggs in his mouth at once??? He woulda had it had he only done the 'normal' thing and paced himself.. |(
Actualy felt really bad for them last night..was rooting for Bj and he choked (literally) with the win a hair from sight.  :<(

Oh well
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 02:01:15 PM »
Maybe he thought he was CoolHand Luke  :)* ?

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 02:21:36 PM »
I so wanted Steph and BJ to win. Poor guy he probably wont want to eat another egg again.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline palauan on guam

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • achoo!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 07:02:08 PM »
lol...its called balut ...yuck i hate that.... by the way balut is not a palauan dish...its a filipino dish...i had a feeling they were going to give them balut...because that is one of the most scariest things to eat here...but since filipinos are spread through micronesia..we know a lot about it...they even had that on fearfactor...lol ive tried it a couple of times...and the beak is usually crunchy..raaw i think im gonna barf thinkin about it..  ]-{
palauan unexposed....
say hello to my little fwen..."click" palau palau palau palau palau palau...muhahahahahah