Author Topic: S10 EP 10 title "Exile Island"  (Read 20360 times)

Riverrat

Re: S10 EP 10 title "Exile Island"
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2005, 09:35:53 AM »
Looks like Tom is wearing the necklace to me. Ugly thing could hurt you.

The shorts in the feast pic are lighter and look more like Ian's than Greggs but, the muscles don't look like Ian.  ((^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2005, 10:39:58 AM »
Maybe its Janus hairy arm?  (%#

ILUVJanuTornell
(4/8/05 12:04 pm)

ezSupporter

Re: S10 Ep 9 - Challenge(s)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Janu isn't going to quit.
Im not sure why everyone keeps bringing this up.
She might be crying how she can't handle it but she will never quit. Her biggest fear was going out first on Koror. And then she was crying on insider video's twice because she thought she might be voted off.

If she leaves, it is because they vote her out, not because she quits

Trixiego
MESS Moderator
(4/8/05 2:04 pm)

ezSupporter

Re: S10 Ep 9 - Challenge(s)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ILJT - FWIW, I heard from someone the same information about Janu; whether or not it happens, we'll see but so far everything I have been told has been accurate and this is purported to happen at TC.

As far as Stephenie not getting voted out....

I'll come up with some reasons for the hell of it

Trixiego
MESS Moderator
(4/9/05 8:04 am)

ezSupporter

Re: Educational Guess of next eps based on vid caps + spoile

Quote:
Trix are you saying you heard Janu effectively quit?

Yeah, that is what I heard and that it happens at TC but not this week.

And I think it is completely and entirely possible Caryn wins this IC. Gregg wrote her off completely; she is supposed to go next (how the Stephenie situation doesn't enable her to get booted; I made various examples, ANYTHING is possible)

If Caryn doesn't go cuz she is immune and Coby is noted to be a threat and Stephenie somehow manages to escape either by a freebie ala Lil/Burton or someone else's influences, Coby could go 

Messhall

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2005, 11:24:05 AM »
A question (kind of relating to some of the game choices):

If Janu is the one to be exiled, but is booted before she goes, why is the episode titled Exile Island?  Wouldn't it make sense that *someone* spends time alone?  The question is, when?  It does seem logical that it's at the IC that the first person to bail is the one to be exiled. Would someone be exiled, but brought back for TC?  Is there that much time in an episode to show that (as well as 2 challenges, the reward, and TC)?  Apart from Janu, isn't Jennifer the other likely candidate to bail first?  Any clues as to what happens in Ep 11, other than Steph's boot?

Sorry for all the questions!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2005, 01:36:38 PM »
Good question rmax ..
we see Janu heading for TC with all the other castaways , of course she has her bags packed as usual ..shes always expecting to be next . I don't know how the scenario will play about so my spec is that at IC Jeff gives the bad news about whoever goes out first is " Abandoned to exile island " my guess is its Janu .. also guessing that Jeff lets them go back to camp to get ready or gather there stuff  for TC or is this person sent right to exile island  right after TC ? then rows themself to TC ? And we do have a Voiceover of Ian or Gregg saying " I'll miss her " I don't know who they are talking about but I get the feeling its not about TC its about the exile island .

I don't know I'll look around later and see what the message boards a speculating ..bbl  :<(
Lets see if we could see what they are wearing , at some point Jenn  change clothes , SNN is down so I can't view the video right now  . Steoh is wearing her usual bra with the buff over it , Gregg shirtless , Ian ugly green shirt , and I think Katie has her buff over her bra thingy , Tom may have his black T-Shirt on and Caryn well who knows .

Ep 10 RC : Water Tower per TVGuide
RC winners - which team of 4?
Reward : Traditional Palau Feast hosted by Chiefs.
per Bianca (13 posts under this one, same page), "the contestants had the opportunity to enjoy a traditional feast and have one of the chiefs talk to them about Palau's culture, about Palau's history and the significance of the dances and the chants..."

Ep 10 IC :

Ep 10 (F8) Boot : Janu Per Mersaydeez
Remaining Survivors : 7

F7-Ep 11 : Nov. 28th - 30th, 2004

Ep 11 RC :
Ep 11 RC winner : Gregg
Ep 11 Reward : Gregg wins Reward on Palau Aggressor II, takes Katie and Jenn could be this ep, but could be tied with family reward next ep. This is per a mersaydeez post, and further strengthened by a post from TDT

Ep 11 IC : Involves Coconuts.
Ep 11 IC winner : Ian wins Immunity per Mersaydeez

Ep 11 (F7) boot : Stephanie per Mersaydeez
Remaining Survivors : 6
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 04:12:13 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2005, 02:38:40 PM »
Just looking at a past challenge Vanautu EP10 , the teams were split in two and it was random or the pickem was not shown?

Re: S9 - Episode 10 Play By Play - Post Show Analysis

RC

Piggy gets a buff, put in a cage

Jeff: random two tribes of four, one will be sacrifical lamb attached to rope. other three will have to get them through five stages of course. All four people to end wins. Leave to another island, overnight visit, hosted by a village that lives very differently. There will be a major feast. Customary to bring token of appreciation, bring pig

Scout, Twilla, Julie, Leann
Chad, Ami, Eliza, Chris

Julie and Eliza are lambs BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

link from Messhall play by play
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm11.showMessage?topicID=1085.topic

Offline MrsKutz

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • So happy to be here at RFF
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2005, 02:52:19 PM »
Puddin....when I click the link from above  that states that Mersaydeez  says that IAN wins immunity in EP 11, I get the EZ board message that the post no longer exists.  Do you have a copy of it?  I don't remember many spoilers from EP 9-14  except the boot order.  Any help will be appreciated. }^/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2005, 04:05:04 PM »
Link fixed  *8/

here you go Mrs Kutz  ]**]

Mersaydeez
(4/4/05 10:10 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: Just some spoilers...

Quote:
But then later, that seems to change to Jenn and Stephenie being in the final 6. Does Caryn make it or not?

I called Caryn as 5th a few weeks ago, so yes. Caryn is in the final 6. I originally had Stephenie in my final 6, because I misinterpeted something my source had said, but after going over it with my source again, I corrected it a few days later. It can definitley be confusing if you have only read the first couple pages. I changed my first post so there wouldn't be any confusion, but I had left all the others in between.

And Thumpus is correct, from a reward that happens around the final 6, I put Jen in there as the other person.

To everyone who wrote haiku's... those were all so funny! Loved them. Thanks. 

darsharrah Ian wins an immunity challenge that involves coconuts that happens the same episode as Stephenie's boot. If I get anymore, I will post it here.

Quote:
I've also been wondering, if it is indeed a Tom/Katie Final Two, do you know who wins out of those two? And do you know anything about Ian "exiting gracefully" or if TheGame is just full of crap?

My source would never know for sure who wins between the two if they are still doing that live vote... but my source has said that Katie backstabs a few people and my source always talked about Tom in a very positive light, I know that isn't the answer you were looking for but I hope that helps.   

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2005, 09:48:54 AM »
What I want to know is where does the under water scene fit int eh challenge....IC is a persch and the other challenge pics have them on top of a cage?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2005, 09:55:40 AM »
Texan I think they are hanging onto the bars while in the water and they are trying to keep there heads out of the water while hanging on ... there are three sets /rows of bars and I'm not sure but I think they move from set to set of the bars and they probably get harder as the sets get higher .  Maybe after the first so many bail out they move onto the next level ?
The water challenge is in the TV Guide pictures and is reward  / build a tower in the water to reach a flag..first team of four to reach the flag wins .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2005, 10:01:22 AM »
Check out TDT
REWARD CHALLENGE/ "Water Tower" - Gregg, Tom, Caryn and Janu win a Palauan feast

This challenge was thoroughly spoiled shortly after Ep9 aired. Prior to Ep9, TV Guide included a preview of this challenge, showing one of the teams competing, and providing this challenge description:
Objective: Both teams must construct a scaffold that allows them to climb up and retrieve a flag hanging above the water. The first group to race back to the shore with the flag wins. The Kicker: The first piece of the tower is already in place, but the castaways must swim the other sections, one by one, 50 yards out into the water from shore. "Once they have that piece assembled, they swim back, get the next [and] swim it out," Kirhoffer says. Each metal part weighs up to 35 pounds.

From the TV Guide pictures, it was clear that Gregg and Tom were on one team, with Janu's wrist and a fourth person in the water (presumed to be Caryn) also visible. See Sucks, MeSS, Blows and SAddicts for various discussions. The web promo confirms these team assignments (Ian, Jenn, Stephenie and Katie make up the other team).

The reward, shown in the post-Ep9 TV preview, had also been spoiled (although not assigned to an episode) by Biancaxxx, who reported that an Australian radio show interview had discussed this particular reward:
For example, one of the prizes called for a feast, a local feast with the chiefs. And that was done for them. So the contestants had the opportunity to enjoy a traditional feast and have one of the chiefs talk to them about Palau's culture, about Palau's history and the significance of the dances and the chants, the traditional chants and dances.

Also visible in the post-Ep9 TV preview is part of Gregg's shorts (above, right), as the winners enjoy the Palauan feast (there's a slight possibility the black shorts are Caryn's, but since she's on the same team, no big difference). So Gregg's team wins. (And yes, many other people noticed this, as well).

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE/ Staying underwater - Tom wins; ? out first and exiled

From the post-Ep9 TV preview , it's clear that, in Probst's words, "The first person to bail will be abandoned to live on your own." (Hence the episode title). Who this is may end up being one of the week's few mysteries.

The winner of this challenge appears to be Tom. After Ep9 aired, Sucks poster tutorial noted that Jenn's clothes in the "Ep9" march to tribal council didn't match the ones she was wearing once tribal council started (presumably because Koror didn't take their torches back to camp in Ep5). Since Coby is missing from the march, while Janu is present, this must actually be from Ep10. Process of elimination (see the thread above) suggested Tom had the necklace, and it does appear to be on his neck upon closer inspection. So Tom wins the Ep10 IC (vidcap above, right).

Who loses, and is exiled? Well, vidcaps actually help rule a few people out here. Five people are visible underwater in the challenge structure in the web promo. From the pre-challenge overhead shots, it's clear that Ian and Caryn are in the middle of the structure. Three other people (Gregg, Tom and a woman - possibly Katie) are visible in Ian's half, but there is clearly a gap next to Caryn. So someone has already dropped out, and none of Gregg, Tom, Ian or Caryn (or Katie/Steph) are the exiles. Janu seems like a reasonable guess, we suppose. Maybe further caps will help over the weekend.

BOOT/ Janu
Janu has wanted to quit for about seven straight episodes now, and seemed shocked that Coby got booted in her stead in Ep9. Now with Stephenie on the chopping block, Janu will get a chance to make a stronger case for her own departure. Mersaydeez had either Coby or Janu leaving in this slot, and since Coby is already gone, that leaves Janu.

Riverrat

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2005, 10:04:29 AM »
I shouldn't think too much, It's dangerous. /*^

MB said the challenges were hard this time because he felt that people should earn their win. What if there is no more TC as we know it. Suppose Exile Island is where the losers that will be on the jury go? One would be alone until the next IC or, until Coby gets there. He's off eating and cleaning up right now. LOL

It doesn't make sense but yet it does. I always wondered where and what the jury was doing. A whole new show could spring from showing that. Survivor and Exile Island.  ]#*

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2005, 10:25:44 AM »
The issue I have with Exile....is how can they send one perosn off to be alone.  They would get there late in the evening depending on when the challenge ends...they will have to collect fire wood, start a fire from scratch, row to an island alone, find drinking water and more.  Would they have a machete?  Pot to boil water?  Shelter well to bad so sad just tlike the frist day.  Seems risky

Riverrat

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2005, 10:35:35 AM »
Depends on how long they are in exile. I'm assuming it's only for a night or so. I think they would probably have a canteen of water and a machete at least. Plus they aren't really alone because so many of the crew will be there. I know it sounds scary but in reality they are safer than at home. They may get a tad cold and hungry. I don't think Janu could handle it but most of the others could unless they have fears we haven't seen.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2005, 02:23:19 PM »
The issue I have with Exile....is how can they send one perosn off to be alone.  They would get there late in the evening depending on when the challenge ends...they will have to collect fire wood, start a fire from scratch, row to an island alone, find drinking water and more.  Would they have a machete?  Pot to boil water?  Shelter well to bad so sad just tlike the frist day.  Seems risky
Someone with a better memory can answer this, but was it in All Stars that an entire tribe had to spend the night on a different island, with no shelter, food, tools?  They just huddled together until they could return to their camp. 

Riverrat

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2005, 04:45:02 PM »
That was Jonny Fairplay and his friend. They got the camp while the rest had to go elsewhere. I would have killed that lying rat. lol

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2005, 05:42:26 PM »
That was Jonny Fairplay and his friend. They got the camp while the rest had to go elsewhere. I would have killed that lying rat. lol
Right you are!  I was pretty certain Rupert was among the "exiles" which is why I thought it was All Stars.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2005, 08:50:29 AM »

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2005, 02:40:58 PM »
Whow knows..they may even use the old Ulong camp..at least everyone's familiar it.   [^/

“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2005, 12:05:26 AM »
It is only for a night, right? What a bunch of cry babies! Coby probably would have loved to have gotten away from them.

What if they send the person to a nice hotel? I need some twists in this game. It is getting to be to boring.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2005, 12:06:45 AM »
Make sure you have Janu on your CBS " Sleeps away " and  :':')  :':')  :':')  :':')  :':')  :':')

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2005, 12:49:43 AM »
 =]/ Hopefully she goes in the ocean a couple of times.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2005, 01:02:01 AM »
Or cracks a few nuts  8-)'

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2005, 01:10:18 AM »
OUCH! Hope you mean coconuts!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2005, 09:02:50 AM »
Yeah ..Thats the ticket  |}

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2005, 01:27:05 PM »
biancaxxx

(4/21/05 12:12 pm)

Re: Just some spoilers...

Quote:
Bianca, do you know how long the exile lasts? Overnight?

Yes I think it's for a whole night.

Quote:
Any idea if they will be spending the night with the natives after winning the RC?

I don't know, sorry.