Author Topic: Bachelorette Gets $1M for TV Wedding  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Bachelorette Gets $1M for TV Wedding
« on: July 13, 2003, 12:06:42 PM »
LOS ANGELES - "The Bachelorette's" Trista Rehn and fiance Ryan Sutter will be paid $1 million for the TV rights to their wedding this fall.

But they had to give the ABC reality show's producers final say on everything from the bridal gown to the flowers, according to The Smoking Gun Web site, which posted the contract between the show's producers and Rehn and Sutter on Monday.

The televised nuptials "shall be a first-class, high-end" affair for which the couple will be "provided meaningful consultation" with respect to all aspects of the wedding, including Rehn's dress, bridesmaid dresses, tuxedos, flowers, cake and music. However, if there is a disagreement, AND Syndicated Productions, the show's producer, "shall make all final decisions."

ABC will broadcast the two-hour wedding as a special in the fall, with a two-hour preamble.

Rehn and Sutter received $100,000 upon signing the contract in May, The Smoking Gun reported. They'll receive another $500,000 after exchanging vows, with the balance of the $1 million paid out in equal installments during the show's production.

However, if Rehn and Sutter don't get married, they'll have to return the $100,000 down payment, according to the contract. The producers also could hold the couple legally liable for breaching the contract.

Rehn, a 30-year-old physical therapist, received $15,000 for living expenses and personal trainer fees during her stint on "The Bachelorette," which ended in February when she chose Sutter, a poetry-writing firefighter from Vail, Colo., from among 25 suitors.

According to a separate contract Rehn signed for the reality series, she and the show's final four (news - web sites) male contestants also were promised another payment in an amount to be determined at the producer's sole discretion, though the figure wasn't specified in the 17-page contract.

Kevin Allyn, the agent for Rehn and Sutter, declined to discuss the contract with The Smoking Gun, citing a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement between the couple and the producers.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re:Bachelorette Gets $1M for TV Wedding
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 03:23:43 PM »
I guess getting $1 million is fair if the bride doesn't get final say for any part of the wedding.  I hope it lasts for both of them.  They do look nice together.

Theresa

Re:Bachelorette Gets $1M for TV Wedding
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 10:48:19 PM »
I think Trista and Ryan make a great couple, I can't wait to see them get married.  I rooted for Ryan for just about the whole show, I was so glad she picked him.  I hope they stay together.

Theresa