Author Topic: 4/19 EP9 title~ " We Have A bad Elephant"  (Read 31576 times)

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: 4/19 EP9 title~ " We Have A bad Elephant"
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »
You found it!

I found a couple others, using Google images and searching Sardar Market

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
Great job on finding the tower.  The night time also matches up with the train schedule.  If you go to http://www.indianrail.gov.in/, you'll see that the only train between Locknow and Jodhpur leaves at around midnight and arrives in Jodhpur at 9 at night.

I wonder what the racers have to do until they hop on the train.  You can see the Locknow train station in the background in vid cap 48.   Mid afternoon to midinight is a long time. 

This crappy TBC episode didn't mean a thing since they will all bunch up for the train ride.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2005, 04:05:45 PM »
Cheap so and so's! Couldn't spring for airline tickets from Lucknow to Jodhpur! That's one hellva train ride - 21 HOURS!!!!!!!

Train No. 4863 leaves Lucknow at 23.58 and arrives in Jodhpur at 21.00 thats almost 21 hours and it makes 25 repeat 25 stops along the way! No rest for the weary.  It should be a real experience.

More information on Jodhpur for those who want to know more about the next location:

http://www.rajasthan.gov.in/JODHPUR.SHTM

Everything seems to be centrally located the Sardar Market and tower, the Mehereangarth Fort and the pit stop at Jaswant Thada.

But congrats on finding the tower, guys! That sure puts the holiday celebration in Jodhpur and not in Lucknow. It looks like late afternoon by the time Rob and Amber and Ron and Kelly get to the rooftop so the clue they get is probably get ye to the railroad station for a jolly 21 hour ride to Jodhpur. Meredith and Gretchen are saved again by the bunchup at the RR. How many times can they be saved? They have more lives than a cat.

And let's not have any more snide remarks about the ancient ones, the old ones, the infirm ones afterall I'm pushing 78 and I'm still going strong!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 04:30:15 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2005, 09:20:19 PM »
I'm pushing 78 and I'm still going strong

Ha!  You're something else G'Man.  I'd have more confidence in Meredith and Gretchen's ability to last till the end if they only had half of your smarts. :<(

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2005, 10:15:18 PM »
Thanks, Pedaler.  At least I know how to read a map and understand instructions!  Really it is amazing that they they have lasted this long; but they are following the cardinal rule of TAR - always keep someone behind you.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2005, 10:48:45 PM »
Yahoo listings~
The Amazing Race 7
CBS 2 Apr 19 09:00pm  Add to My Calendar
Series/Reality, 60 Mins.
"We Have A Bad Elephant!", Episode #709.
The racers have a hard time maneuvering camels as the animals pull teams into trees, walk backward and even lie down on the course.

Producer(s): Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Hayma Screech Washington.

Original Airdate: April 19, 2005.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2005, 11:13:31 PM »
G'Man
This is interesting, the CBS website on their route page has this posted

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/show/ep07/route/destination/?loc=sights

Jaswant Thada
Just off the fort road and not too far from Mehrangarh Fort, this breathtaking white marble memorial to Maharaja Jaswant Singh II is the Pit Stop for this leg of THE AMAZING RACE. The complex features four cenotaphs, the earliest of which dates from 1899, and a royal crematorium

But they have the pitstop listed in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India for EPISODE 7.  What in the world are they thiniking.

How far is Jodhpur from Lucknow?

Hey, they pulled the picture from CBS site.  Now we have a gnome!  We have a gnome!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2005, 11:40:03 PM »
LOL , to late CBS webmonkeys..were as stupid as you think we are and we thank you for screwing up in our favor for once   {l{ .Although we pretty much knew where they were going next anyway , right?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2005, 09:28:52 AM »
saw web previews at blows... looks like push an elephant to ride on....and it does look like Joyce shaves her head ~ clothes match for the fast forward...I sure hope they get a trip for coming in first!!

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2005, 09:32:09 AM »
saw web previews at blows... looks like push an elephant to ride on....and it does look like Joyce shaves her head ~ clothes match for the fast forward...I sure hope they get a trip for coming in first!!
I hope they get $20,000, two cars *and* a trip!

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2005, 10:39:11 AM »
I hope they get $20,000, two cars *and* a trip!
understatement of the season. wow. next week will be truly amazing.   }^!
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2005, 11:44:26 AM »
Some incidental information which may help to explain the course of action in ep. 9:

In Lucknow on December 6/7 the sun rises at 6:11AM and sets at 4:43PM. So far this works since the the planes arrived from Bombay around 9:30AM. Doing the Roadblock and Detour would take them to early afternoon. We see the first two teams, Rob and Amber and Ron and Kelly arriving on the rooftop while the sun is still fairly high up. And I imagine that all five teams will make it to the roof before the sun sets at 4:43.  And then it looks like there will not be enough light to do another task except get to the train station and book a sleeping car for the long, 21-hour ride to Jodhpur.  In Jodhpur on December 6/7 the sun rises at 6:42AM and sets at 5:16PM so it will be dark when the teams arrive at 9:00PM. I think they go on to the festival celebration from the train station and this will take care of the night for them (perhaps they get a clue for the next clue which would be either the Roadblock (camel race) or Detour (the LEAD or PUSH an elephant!) It looks from the amount of sunlight and the fact that Rob had his long-sleeve shirt with the sleeves down and his full trousers on that this is the early morning task when the average temperature in Jodhpur is 44 degrees. Later in the day the ROADBLOCK may take place since it looks hotter now with Rob with his sleeves pushed up and his pants now reduced to shorts when the afternoon average high temperature is 80 degrees (in the shade mind you).

Just wild guesses but starting to make more sense.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2005, 11:56:02 AM »
Wow GMan , nice detective work . If the Detour comes first then the Roadblock is a good sign for M&G because we see all teams there at the same time except of course U&J because the evidence shows that they do the FF and  most likely succeed ! Who will be last to arrive at the pitstop and be mugged by Phil is anyones guess ..I can hardly wait to see the TV promos for more evidence !

found this @ Sucks credits to tullfan2
Episode Description - We Have a Bad Elephant
(from CBS Media)

On the second part of the extended leg of the race, the Racers have a hard time maneuvering fickle camels as the animals pull teams into trees, walk backward and even lie down in the middle of the course. One team tries for the last Fast Forward of the race, which challenges them to partake in a shocking and emotional traditional Indian ritual. Also, the pressures of the Race take their toll on one team whose solid relationship has a momentary meltdown.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2005, 09:21:22 PM »
Just another bit of information that may or may not mean anything.

Amber and Rob had two little interview snippets interspersed within the TBC episode.  They were wearing the same clothes as they are shown wearing in the Jodhpur vid caps.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2005, 09:32:03 PM »

found this @ Sucks credits to tullfan2
Episode Description - We Have a Bad Elephant
(from CBS Media)

On the second part of the extended leg of the race, the Racers have a hard time maneuvering fickle camels as the animals pull teams into trees, walk backward and even lie down in the middle of the course. One team tries for the last Fast Forward of the race, which challenges them to partake in a shocking and emotional traditional Indian ritual. Also, the pressures of the Race take their toll on one team whose solid relationship has a momentary meltdown.

Sounds like the ROADBLOCK is going to be a real leveler as the four teams all are having troubles with the nasty beasts of burden.  So only one team goes for the FAST FORWARD which means it looks like a slam dunk for U/J!! Only three teams have a solid relationship. We can forget U/J and Ron/Kelly so which team has the melt down: Romber?  The Boyfriends? or the Grandparents?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2005, 10:57:48 PM »
 ;) 

Offline DeeDee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
New Dreamer Caps are up at JokersUpdates
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2005, 05:03:13 AM »

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2005, 08:05:14 AM »
Amber is holding the FF clue while pushing teh elephant.  It means nothing but i guess thats when they get the FF clue.

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2005, 08:59:57 AM »

My guess on the momentary meltdown, not Romber. Meredith & Gretchen seem to be at the end of their rope (especially Gretchen) so I'd guess it is them.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2005, 11:01:31 AM »
This is interesting, the CBS website on their route page has this posted

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/show/ep07/route/destination/?loc=sights

Jaswant Thada
Just off the fort road and not too far from Mehrangarh Fort, this breathtaking white marble memorial to Maharaja Jaswant Singh II is the Pit Stop for this leg of THE AMAZING RACE. The complex features four cenotaphs, the earliest of which dates from 1899, and a royal crematorium

But they have the pitstop listed in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India for EPISODE 7.  What in the world are they thiniking.

The interns at CBS finally opened their eyes and discovered they had posted the wrong information for "Episode 7". The webpage no longer talks about JODHPUR and the pit stop at JASWANT THADA, and now give you information about LUCKNOW where they actually did end up. But too late, CBS, fire the intern for blowing next week's ep right out of the water!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2005, 03:09:01 PM »
Also, the pressures of the Race take their toll on one team whose solid relationship has a momentary meltdown.
I could be M&G who have the who have the meltdown , Meredith might tell Gretchen to STFU  :)*.

Thank you so much  BPF for the Dreamer updated , not much new so I'll just bring a few of the more interesting ones over because they are clearer than mine  ]**]

Why doesJoyce's bandana look like it has a little window in it  *(^ ? 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2005, 07:23:08 PM »
A few more Vidcaps thanks  of Dreamer @ Jokersupdates

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2005, 08:16:04 PM »
Not that it matters but I think they are riding in Tuk Tuk's

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2005, 09:24:31 PM »
Someone mentioned that Romber have a confessional in Part 1 of the India race ( EP 8) ..yep
found this at Tarflies
They were talking about their small alliance with Ron & Kelly ....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2005, 10:11:27 PM »
because I'm bored from my VCR to my digital camara
Ron..with his TAR pouch ..just to show they are bunched up at the Roadblock , of course thats Amber in the camel cart.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 10:16:00 PM by puddin »