Author Topic: 4/19 EP9 title~ " We Have A bad Elephant"  (Read 31646 times)

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: 4/19 EP9 title~ " We Have A bad Elephant"
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2005, 09:25:27 PM »
 )_^> i think it is the next one, or the continuation episode, thus, you're right!! }^!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2005, 11:43:34 PM »
I snagged these Vidcaps from TeamJoisey @ Blows   ]**]

What most interest me right now is why the Title was changed from " Talk to the Camel" Gretchen says " Talk nice to the Camel " to " We Have a bad elephant"

So what do you all think ? Roadblock? We see Meredith , Lynn ,Amber I'm pretty sure doing this while there partner watchs .
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 11:49:30 PM by puddin »

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2005, 07:16:12 AM »
Something interesting...The CBS website shows the route as Jodhpur, India which is in Rajasthan state.  It also has it's normal explanation of the area.

Lucknow in in Utter Pradesh state and is where the racers are when interrupted by the TBC, so it looks like they are on the move.

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2005, 09:14:47 AM »

Gretchen looks like a million years old in that picture; its time they are put out before somebody dies!!!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2005, 10:26:40 AM »
I think that we have several problems facing us which now need clarifying.

First: Now that ep 8 has ended with TBC, is the program scheduled for next week, April 19, considered a continuation of ep 8 or is it ep 9 with the new title of "Talk nice to the camel"?  Does this mean that all the action in next week's show leads to the next pit stop? And will it be NEL or elimination? Phil said at the beginning that there would be EIGHT elimination legs. We have had SIX so far. So if Ep 9 is NEL that would leave ep 10 (April 26) as the Seventh elimination; ep 11 (May 3) as NEL; ep 12 (May 10 first hour as Eighth elimination; and ep 13 (May 10 second hour) as the race for home. Which does away with the  back to back NELs which we were worrying about. So it looks like:

April 19 - NEL-five teams left
April 26 - Elimination #7 - four teams left
May 3 - NEL - four teams left
May 10 First Hour - Elimination #8 - final three teams left
May 10 Second Hour - Race for Home - Winner take all!

Second: if ep 9 is just a continuation of ep 8 without a pitstop there surely is another ROADBLOCK (camel carts through a marked course of some kind) which we see Amber and Meredith driving the cart alone (with an Indian guide by their sides) with Rob and Gretchen watching and cheering them on. We also have Lynn (?) also passing Meredith. But when does this happen? The next day according to the promos, and both Rob and Amber are wearing different clothes from their rooftop appearance. Rob now has long sleeve Red shirt (his shirt on the roof was blue) and is wearing shorts (he had on long pants on the roof) Amber is now in her red tee shirt with "a" but was wearing a red and white jacket with what looks like a blue shirt underneath. So somewhere along the way they changed clothes! And Gretchen is also wearing a different jacket or shirt than she did in previous shots.

Also note the strange editing of this sequence: in no,. 5 Amber has a white paper under left armpit. In no. 10 she no longer has the paper; in no 11 the paper is back; in no.12 it is gone again.  In the live video there is even more does she or doesn't she have the paper under her arm. So the editing of this sequence is completely out of sequence.  Wonder why?

Third: is the participation in some local holiday celebration on the night of the roof top arrivals? If so it looks like all five teams are bunched up again. Everyone is spotted except Rob and Amber. So if not a pit stop what is everyone doing having fun at night? Doesn't anyone get sleep time or do they stay up all night and then race out to the camel track to start off the next day with another Roadblock?

Fourth: what is the clue that Rob and Amber get when they arrive at the rooftop (I gather in ep 9 next week we will get to see the other teams arrive.) It can't be to go to the actual pitstop at the end of ep 8 before the actual new ep 9 starts since Phil has to be on the roof to hand out clues to the next four teams and he can't then suddenly be at the actual pit stop to greet Rob and Amber again. So what does this next clue say? Go somewhere to participate in the holiday celebration? Or some other task which will occur before all the teams get together for the celebration which is not the pit stop.

Could it be that we have a pitstop at the start of next week's show which would be NEL, then the nighttime celebration and then we start of ep 9 with another Detour which leads us somewhere else, etc. etc. I can't remember in the TAR6 TBC in Budapest did the second part also include another Detour and another Roadblock before arriving at the pitstop?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:34:01 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2005, 10:39:55 AM »
Could it be that we have a pitstop at the start of next week's show which would be NEL, then the nighttime celebration and then we start of ep 9 with another Detour which leads us somewhere else, etc. etc. I can't remember in the TAR6 TBC in Budapest did the second part also include another Detour and another Roadblock before arriving at the pitstop?

This is how I see it GMan , teams rest and party , then depart the following day  . Time for the Fast Forward ..? Can't wait to see which team maybe missing from the future Vidcaps.
 Also the site is not updated yet  ]*] ..that makes me so mad , no promos .... yet,again.

GATE-CRASHING
The next morning, the other six Teams arrived at the museum, now behind Lori & Bolo, who had camped there since 7 am. When the gate opened at 10 am, the frenzied dash to the cluebox caused an accident when the gate came crashing back down, hitting both Hera and Freddy on the head. In the rail yard, Teams frantically searched for the Route Marker that would determine the order of riding the draisine. Spotting it together, Jon, Bolo and Adam fought over the numbers, knocking down the Route Marker in the process. In the melee, Bolo emerged with number one, while the injured Freddy, late to the scene, settled for number five, and the also-injured Hera drew the last number.

Detour - "Swim" or "Paddle."
Fast Forward - Drink Up /Blood
Roadblock-In this Roadblock, one Team member had to eat a 24-ounce bowl of soup made with traditional Hungarian spices  ]:,

Budapest Hugary EP7

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2005, 10:56:22 AM »
This is interesting, the CBS website on their route page has this posted

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/show/ep07/route/destination/?loc=sights

Jaswant Thada
Just off the fort road and not too far from Mehrangarh Fort, this breathtaking white marble memorial to Maharaja Jaswant Singh II is the Pit Stop for this leg of THE AMAZING RACE. The complex features four cenotaphs, the earliest of which dates from 1899, and a royal crematorium

But they have the pitstop listed in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India for EPISODE 7.  What in the world are they thiniking.

How far is Jodhpur from Lucknow?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 11:06:16 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2005, 11:32:03 AM »
The way I see it, last night's (4/12) episode was half a leg, so next week will be the continuation.  Whether the second half will include the FF or not remains to be seen, but I think it will still be non-elimination.  Poor Gretchen might have to give up that nice new backpack!  But who knows, maybe there will be some change in placement. I hope so....

At least Kelly had the smarts to recognize that the clue said "mat" and not "pit stop"...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2005, 01:19:49 PM »
I was right about the Fast Foward  }^/  , cant wait to see who gets it..hinkies say its U&J  because I think I see Rons blue shirt in the end of show preview  and hes standing..not sure  but I think its him  , this from the CBS home page~

How far is Jodhpur from Lucknow?
No time to look but I found this Gman~
MATTERS UNDER RULE 377

(i) Need to run Marudhar Express between Jodhpur and Varanasi via Lucknow

DR. KARAN SINGH YADAV : The Marudhar Express train runs from Jodhpur to Lucknow – Varanasi. Now the Railway administration wants to stop its passage on Alwar-Mathura route. In such a situation, the people of Alwar will be denied the benefits of travelling from Alwar to Mathura, Agra, Kanpur, Lucknow, Banaras onwards. Therefore, I would urge the Minister of Railways to maintain the status quo of Marudhar Express on its present route.

LOK SABHA

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2005, 01:31:16 PM »
I dont have time to post Dreamers awesome vidcaps right now  link/view here/ Jokersupdates ]**] but this is the one with someone in a blue shirt.. light skinned

ETA : on second thought it maybe a camaraman or sound man because theres some equipment under his arm ..
or is that a minicam attached to Ambers camel whatever?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 01:34:46 PM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2005, 01:33:55 PM »
G'man,  The distance from Locknow to Jodhpur is over 500 miles (926 kilometers)

http://www.tsiindia.com/distance-calculator.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2005, 02:51:23 PM »
 }^/ Promo is up!!
I don't have alot of time but will post what I can for now and label them later

Fast Forward Shave your  `/~
We know its not Lynn & alex
It HAS to be Ucheena and Joyce!! Where is her Hair in Raceygirls photo?  `/~ Plus we don't see U&J doing the Roadblock  |#' !! Could it be this easy?

Voice Over

VO: Hang on for the ride of your life..
Whoooo < Meredith on Camel ride >
 because on the Amazing Race
Phil<to Romber>: this leg is not over yet
Rob : Woooo
VO: theres no rest for the weary
< Meredith in train bunk >
 sparks fly in India
Lynn: < dancing> it was absolutley amazing
Rob < pushing Elephant with Amber > back it up
VO: Rob and Amber  lead a herd of charging elephants
< Meredith catching his breath , Gretchen on the elephant>
Rob : its tough organizing Indian Labor
VO: and will one team make the ultimate sacrafice ..and shave their heads ?
VoiceGirl?: Oh My God
VO: on a dramatic new Amazing Race CBS Tuesday

27. train
37. Romber/ elephant statue/Detour

40.Ron
44. Gretch on top Meredith pulling
45. And will one team make the Ultimate sacrafice and shave there heads ?

added thanks to Dreamer ~
62. Lynn
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 06:27:05 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2005, 02:57:29 PM »
Dam I have to make meatballs ..  ^/^ will be back with the voice over and more screencaps in awhile  :<(

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2005, 03:00:45 PM »
Joyce will have her head shaved for sure!  She is so game!  Besides, Uchenna's is already shave, so he'll be a positive influence on her.  As someone who has shaved my head, it's really kind of a fun thing to do...and I didn't even have a chance for a million dollars!  Everyone should do it at least once in their life.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2005, 04:08:46 PM »
Dam I have to make meatballs

Did somebody mention MEATBALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |#'
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 01:52:32 AM by puddin »

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2005, 05:36:18 PM »
wow, can i love a team even more? she has such beautiful hair that they just have to win now. go joyce!

new .sigline coming up...
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline MrsKutz

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • So happy to be here at RFF
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2005, 06:53:05 PM »
OH MY GOSH!!!

She does it for the fast forward...I hope it is worth it.

GO JOYCE!!!  She is awesome!  Is there anything bad to say about the way the played the game?  Not the greatest in every challenge/aspect, but we can never doubt her focus.

Man, i hope they win!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2005, 07:39:35 PM »
If Joyce and Uchenna go for the FAST FORWARD and it sure looks like she shaved her head from pix no 57 amd 58 and the shot from the Puerto Rico airport where her head is wrapped in a scarf, they must have leapfrogged ahead of Rob and Amber. The teams know that there was only one more FAST FORWARD and if Rob and Amber were in front, I am sure they would have gone for it. But on the other hand  would Rob and Amber have taken the Fast Forward if they knew ahead of time that it meant shaving their heads?  In the previous TAR when the models went for the FF they did not learn until they reached the site that it meant shaving their heads and then they turned back and did the Detour.

Looks like they finish up the camel bit in Lucknow and then take an overnight train ride to Jodhpur. And here the Elephans come into play so the two part episode with two titles makes sense: Camels and Elephants play a major role.

Finally they reach the pit stop at the Jaswant Thada in Jodhpur. Non-elimination I would think.

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2005, 09:06:11 PM »
I highly doubt that Rob and Amber would do this roadblock as their televised wedding is four months after the race wrapped. I can see them getting to the FF and realising what it entailed and then turning back. I don't think they will even discuss it as much as Brandon and Nicki did in TAR5

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2005, 09:28:31 PM »
Finally they reach the pit stop at the Jaswant Thada in Jodhpur. Non-elimination I would think.
  Yes Yes ..it almost would have to be an NEL . OK so you think the Roadblock is first , thats what I figured since they are bunched up .. Meredith is struggling with the Elephant I can see Gretch saying the title  :)* , she says the " God Darndest things .

Phil said there would be 8 Elimination
1.March 1st Ryan & Chuck elim
2.March 8th Megan & Heidi elim
3.March 15th Debbie & Bianca elim
4.March  22nd Susan & Patrick elim
5.March  28th Meredith Gretchen NEL ( double leg)
6.March 28th leg 2 Deana & Ray Elim  ( double leg)
7.April  5th Brian & Gregg elim
8.April 12th TBC 5 teams
9.April 19th  (NEL ) 5teams
10.April 26th  ? teams
11.May 3rd  ? team
12.May10th- ? ( Futon Critic has it listed as three teams )
Tuesday, May 10 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT)
THE AMAZING RACE 7 -- And then there were three. The final three teams race to the finish line during a special two-hour finale. Phil Keoghan hosts.

The Futon Critic article cannot not be right , this is driving me nuts ! What am I missing here ? Unless TAR is counting the TBC as a NEL ? /(^

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2005, 09:36:09 PM »
Just some observations of the vidcaps.

http://lucknow.nic.in/geog.htm   Lucknow has a tropical climate.  The camel races look to be in the desert.

The racers are wearing the same clothes for both the camel and elephant tasks.

Rob and Amber are wearing the same clothes at night as they wore at the non pit stop.

Maybe one of our detectives can figure out by the amount of daylight whether the camels or elephants come first.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2005, 01:57:00 AM »
  Yes Yes ..it almost would have to be an NEL . OK so you think the Roadblock is first , thats what I figured since they are bunched up .. Meredith is struggling with the Elephant I can see Gretch saying the title  :)* , she says the " God Darndest things .

Phil said there would be 8 Elimination
1.March 1st Ryan & Chuck elim
2.March 8th Megan & Heidi elim
3.March 15th Debbie & Bianca elim
4.March  22nd Susan & Patrick elim
5.March  28th Meredith Gretchen NEL ( double leg)
6.March 28th leg 2 Deana & Ray Elim  ( double leg)
7.April  5th Brian & Gregg elim
8.April 12th TBC 5 teams
9.April 19th  (NEL ) 5teams
10.April 26th  ? teams
11.May 3rd  ? team
12.May10th- ? ( Futon Critic has it listed as three teams )
Tuesday, May 10 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT)
THE AMAZING RACE 7 -- And then there were three. The final three teams race to the finish line during a special two-hour finale. Phil Keoghan hosts.

The Futon Critic article cannot not be right , this is driving me nuts ! What am I missing here ? Unless TAR is counting the TBC as a NEL ? /(^

The elimination:
Leg 1 (USA-Peru) Ryan/Chuck eliminated
Leg 2 (Peru-Chile) Megan/Heidi eliminated
Leg 3 (Chile-Argentina) Debbie/Bianca eliminated
Leg 4 (Argentina) Susan/Patrick eliminated
Leg 5 (Argentina-South Africa) NEL
Leg 6 (South Africa-Botswana) Ray/Deana eliminated
Leg 7 (Botswana) Brian/Greg eliminated
Leg 8 (Botswana-India) TBC
Leg 9 (India) NEL?
Leg 10 (India-Australia) One team will be eliminated
Leg 11 (Australia-?) NEL
Leg 12 (?-Canada)
Final Leg (Canada-USA)

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2005, 12:42:56 PM »
The mosque we all thought was the Jama Masjid in Delhi shown during the opening credits, could actually be the Imambara in Lucknow which is part of the palace complex where the teams had to don headcovering.  Here is pix reference:

http://lucknow.nic.in/images/imambara.jpg

I thought at first that the tower shown in pix 59 and 60 which seems to be the site for the fireworks celebration was the Husainabad Clock Tower in Lucknow but it is not a match.

http://lucknow.nic.in/images/clock_tawar.jpg

Anyone have any idea what the tower is or where it is?  If it is in Jodhpur, then we know that they go there pretty soon after the rooftop mat match with Phil.  Also looks like they will be going to Jodhpur by train at night, so that might be the message the teams receive on the roof. Participate in a local holiday celebration, and then catch the night train from Lucknow to Jodhpur.

The clothes do match in the camel and elephant gigs. And having both events in the continuation of ep 8 gives credance to the swich in titles that we have seen.  So the makeup may be:

Night train to Jodhpur

ROADBLOCK - Race the camel around a set course  (similar to the horse gig in Argentina)

DETOUR - RIDE  an elephant, or

PUSH an elephant

FAST FORWARD - Shave heads and become Hindu Monks (or whatever)

Neither Uchenna nor Joyce have been seen in either the Roadblock or Detour tasks.

Then on to the PITSTOP  at  Jaswant Thada but whomever is last is saved by the NON-ELIMINATION LEG

« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 01:07:10 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2005, 01:38:36 PM »
I'll look for the tower GMan ..
I think it was TeamJoisey that pointed out the sign reads link

On the ramparts of Meherangarh Fort, Jodhpur
with a view over the Clocktower and Sardar Market

JODHPUR, RAJASTHAN

What do you think?