Author Topic: 4/6 Wendsday Special Recap Episode " They Saved The Eyeball"  (Read 12855 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
4/6 Wendsday Special Recap Episode " They Saved The Eyeball"
« on: March 30, 2005, 10:25:34 AM »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: 4/6 Wendsday Special Recap Episode " They Saved The Eyeball"
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 10:43:59 AM »
okay I am soo lost...saved the eyeball...is this referring to Dena?

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 01:14:10 PM »
 -*^   ((^

Maybe they'll show us what happened to Deana's eye in the recrap.
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 01:58:23 PM »
yeah...maybe when Ray hit her with the stick her really whacked her good....she really looked bad at the end.

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 09:21:06 PM »
I was wondering about her. Even earlier when they made it to the pit stop, she was squinting, but it might have been from the sun. Why didn't they have sunglasses? I'm trying to think, do any of the contestants wear sunglasses?
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline mommy2bree

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 02:03:12 PM »
I know they did last season. Seems I remember someone getting really pissed off about losing his sunglasses.  And I know I remember Adam having sunglasses. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 12:33:23 AM »
You guys are too much  {l{ , My guess? Her resistance broke down..this can cause breakouts coldsores and such . Lack of sleep ,  dehydration   etc etc ..it maybe ? You really don't think the big a$$hole hit her do you ?  |(

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 11:36:30 AM »
You guys are too much  {l{ , My guess? Her resistance broke down..this can cause breakouts coldsores and such . Lack of sleep ,  dehydration   etc etc ..it maybe ? You really don't think the big a$$hole hit her do you ?  |(

She started squinting that eye in the South African leg

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 12:00:18 PM »
My guess? Her resistance broke down..this can cause breakouts coldsores and such . Lack of sleep ,  dehydration   etc etc ..it maybe ? 

puddin, I was talking about her eye. Can you get coldsores on your eyes?  (%#

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 12:03:03 PM »
I know they did last season. Seems I remember someone getting really pissed off about losing his sunglasses. And I know I remember Adam having sunglasses.

c/* Adam and his sunglasses!  When Adam was yelling at Rebecca, I believe that was the only time Rebecca shut up.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 06:16:54 PM »
My guess? Her resistance broke down..this can cause breakouts coldsores and such . Lack of sleep ,  dehydration   etc etc ..it maybe ?

puddin, I was talking about her eye. Can you get coldsores on your eyes? (%#

This sounds grosse but yes you can , my brother had one and it spread to his eye , very painfull  `/~

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 01:35:06 PM »
Where's that puking smilie?  ]:,

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 06:15:16 PM »
my first thought was that maybe the line is from the meat eating roadblock? or the fish buying detour?
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 08:27:36 PM »
 c/* Adam and his sunglasses! When Adam was yelling at Rebecca, I believe that was the only time Rebecca shut up.
Oh hellboy you made me smile {l{
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 01:18:42 AM »
So did anybody watch this recap show?  I forgot all about it.  I was watching LOST-- it was an excellent episode and also gross with all that blood and poking and pulling-----my stomach was turning and I had to cover my eyes and turn down the volume.  :':') `/~ `/~

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 02:12:01 AM »
I planned to watch it, but couldn't find it on CBS in TVguide!!  Wanted to set my VCR since I was going to be gone tonite.  What channel was it on??  Maybe it was on CBS & TV Guide didn't know in time to get in this week's issue??   *(^  :<( 
Echoing Bathfizzy, "did anyone watch the recapshow?"

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 02:23:56 AM »
I taped it, but haven't watched it yet.

:)* What a fine bunch we are!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 11:03:27 AM »
I watched it  }^! What do you all want to know? It was Fantastic ..and Rob is a riot  {l{

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »
my favorite part was the staff at the pitstop in africa coming out in that line and singing for the racers. very touching.

and yes, lots of rob highlights that were hysterical. loved when he was driving and the other teams were following. he kept changing lanes and watching them change with him. he tried to mess with them over and over. even let one pass and tried to pretend he had no idea where they were going. and his three rules for the game were something like, love me, have fun with me and always come in first?

it was worth the hour to watch.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 11:32:48 AM »
my favorite part was the staff at the pitstop in africa coming out in that line and singing for the racers. very touching.

and yes, lots of rob highlights that were hysterical. loved when he was driving and the other teams were following. he kept changing lanes and watching them change with him. he tried to mess with them over and over. even let one pass and tried to pretend he had no idea where they were going. and his three rules for the game were something like, love me, have fun with me and always come in first?

Loved the part about the windshield wipers! lol

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 11:33:58 AM »

It was, Love me, have fun with me, Don't come in last. lol

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2005, 11:51:05 AM »
I watched it   What do you all want to know? It was Fantastic ..and Rob is a riot 

Puddin, On the preview for next week, was Rob asking the Indian guys who was the sharpee?  or shapee?  I'm trying to google the term but am not having any success.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2005, 12:28:55 PM »
I think "sharpie" is slang for con artist or crook.  Not sure of the spelling though.

I also taped but didn't watch the recap, but tuned into the last couple minutes, and saw the hospitality staff at the last pitstop singing and dancing, very nice.  It also answered a question (perhaps I was the only one to wonder), about whether the eliminated teams  get to eat/mingle with the remaining teams at the pit stop, before being taken to Sequesterville.  Since the Brothers appeared not to be at the table with the other five teams, I guess the answer is no.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2005, 01:17:50 PM »
I watched it   What do you all want to know? It was Fantastic ..and Rob is a riot 

Puddin, On the preview for next week, was Rob asking the Indian guys who was the sharpee?  or shapee?  I'm trying to google the term but am not having any success.

He says are you a Sharpee /Sharpie or you ..don't try to pull a fast one like that again as he points to some Indian dudes in some type of  office  or something the dudes are doing paperwork ?

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but Romber so wants to yield Alex & Lynn the first chance they get. I'll try to do a small recap if I get a chance with Survivor and all going on tonight .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2005, 10:22:30 PM »
Searching TV guide I found this ...

Back to Search Results   

Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Amazing Race Goodies You Missed!
by Ethan Alter

When you're a contestant on The Amazing Race (Tuesdays, 9 pm/ET on CBS), you quickly get used to having a camera constantly on your tail as you race around the world in pursuit of $1 million. Of course, that means that every funny, foolish or — as in the case of "Boston" Rob — downright devious thing you do has a good chance of being shown on national television.

But for every memorable moment that makes the final cut, there are at least a dozen more that the audience never gets a chance to see (even if a few do turn up on the CBS website). Here are a few examples of incidents that didn't air, direct from the mouths of this season's recently Philiminated racers.

While passing through yet another airport, mother-son team Susan and Patrick Vaughn were told that Susan's backpack weighed too much to be allowed on the flight as carry-on luggage. In a rush, they unpacked the entire bag right then and there. "Mom pulled out a hair dryer, makeup kit, a curling iron," Patrick tells TVGuide.com. "I had no idea all that stuff was in there!"

The gambit worked, though — Susan's newly lightened bag was deemed the right size and weight to be allowed on the flight. "It weighed like six lbs. less after that," Patrick remembers, laughing. "I wish we'd have seen that on the show — 'What's in Susan's bag?'"

Mom, for one, is glad that America missed that moment. "I didn't think it was that funny," Susan says matter-of-factly.

It's become a common refrain among ex-Racers that the show's editing made them seem worse than they really are, but you rarely hear contestants complain that the editing made them less funny. Best friends Megan Baker and Heidi Heidel — aka "the Barbie twins" — feel very strongly that viewers never got the chance to see their sense of humor come through.

For example, during the shopping challenge in Chile, the duo kept their spirits up by fooling around with the merchandise. "At the fish market, all the other teams put their fish in a bag, but I wanted to have some fun," says Megan, "so I carried the fish like a baby and we ran through the streets wiggling it at people." Hmm... maybe you had to be there for that one.

One of this season's most memorable moments so far came when Rob bribed a Chilean bus driver to keep the back doors of the vehicle closed so that the other teams would be delayed in getting off. But according to engaged couple Ray Housteau and Deana Shane, the original plan was much worse.

"We were going to hijack the bus in the middle of nowhere," reveals Ray, who adds that he cooked up both this rotten idea and the door trick and then enlisted Rob's help. During the long ride to Arequipa, the bus made rest stops along the way. At one of these stops, Ray and Deana and Rob and Amber planned to bribe the driver to leave before the other teams got back on the bus.

"We were going to strand those teams in the middle of a remote mountain area with no other bus coming through for 24 hours," says Ray. "But by the time we were able to bribe the driver, some of the teams were already back on the bus and we couldn't do it. Had we pulled it off, it would have been a classic moment. Of course, then I wouldn't have as many people coming to my wedding."

Hey, after hearing this, a few guests might change their minds yet!

http://tvguide.com/search/editorial/article.asp?keyword=amazing%20race&articleId=104034