Author Topic: so let's discuss tonights episode!!  (Read 5774 times)

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
so let's discuss tonights episode!!
« on: March 29, 2005, 11:05:06 PM »
how many did show emotion about the orphanage??  I counted 2 couples ,.(  they were all so in a hurry they seemed to just do their duty and leave! :(*8

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: so let's discuss tonights episode!!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 02:34:51 AM »
U/J the only ones who showed actual emotion i think.  Kelly said only that "she could've cried".  I wonder if MW will count that as emotion...altho Kel shed no tears like Joyce did.  I thot Gretchen would cry a little. 
They were all in such a hurry they didn't have time to really savor the moment.
Maybe MW will count it as emotion if they only talked about it?

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 07:56:53 AM »
I thought Brian & Greg at least acknowledged the kids when they were at the orphanage.

Ray in my opinion was a complete d*ck the entire episode with the way he acted towards Deana and all the crap he talked about Meredith & Gretchen.  I loved seeing him get eliminated.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 08:52:10 AM »
Since I picked 2 teams got emotional about the orphans, I hope Kelly's comment that she got emotional will count as much as Joyce's actual tears (which didn't happen at the orphanage, but later).

Does anyone else think the stripping of all personal items is stupid?  I mean, what does that accomplish other than to make the teams potentially more smelly?  At least it didn't set back Meredith and Gretchen (and may have helped them finish their best leg yet, not having to lug all their stuff!). 

Offline mommy2bree

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 09:06:42 AM »
I LOVED that Uchenna and Joyce took them clothes and stuff.  That says a lot about them.  And it was also very nice of the ones who did give them a little bit of money to do so.  Not surprising that Rob wouldn't.  Not surprising that Ray wouldn't, either.  I'm glad Ray was eliminated. 

And what the heck is up with Deana's right eye?  She always seems to have it closed or mostly closed...it got to the point last night that I wasn't paying any attention to anything but trying to see her with her eye open.  Did anyone else notice that?  I thought at first that she was just squinting because of the sun or something, but I don't think that was the case. 

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 09:11:14 AM »
I agree the personal stuff through the whole show...it is not even they get it back.  It does help that they do not have to check  bags or run with a heavy back pack.    I guess they will use some of the money to buy a back pack or bag next leg.

Emotional I picked 3....It is all in how they determine emotional...Gregg and Brian were emotional, happy and fun emotional not crying emotional.

I was wondering about her eye too.....she also had a huge cold sore or cut on her lip

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 10:02:34 AM »
The penalties for being caught in a NEL haven't really slowed anyone down yet. Teams seem to have no trouble begging money from the other team; and in this case they were given extra clothes by U/J. They must have gathered enough money to be able to buy train and bus tickets to get to the Aardvard in Gweta. And I guess they had enough gas in the cars so they did not have to buy that, but they either went hungary all day or had to buy food somewhere along the way (it was a looooonnnnnnggggg day!)

I wonder why they had to go back and recreate the Land Rover wreck?  It was so obvious that there were different people in the front seat (the person on the left where the cameraman usuallly sits had on a white shirt and blue pants but is lying on the ground with a blue vest and tan pants ;and the driver supposedly Brian had on a white sleeveless shirt and blue shorts - Brian on the other hand wore a blue short-sleeved shirt before and after the crash and plaid shorts). They could have at least dressed the standins to match the real people.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 10:16:32 AM »
The landrover accident was so recreated  ]][ . I agree with you GMan . The twist was awful ..would not want to be racing around the world with no clean panties  ,.( M&G were mugged by Phil ..but we know them..they will be just fine  =]/ . Rob really got some ugly editing last night , Amber was just as bad ...laughing at the pitstop because the didn't stop at the accident ..Phil was clearly not happy  :(*8

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 10:39:11 AM »
so were ther two det. and 2 road blocks??  i had company last night!! |(  so missed almost the whole 2 hours! B:)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 10:43:02 AM »
yes two of both

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 12:59:38 PM »
I have to give a big thumbs up to Gretchan she is a trooper. |#'  I liked the fact that she still wanted to continue after the fall in the cave.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 01:12:08 PM »
Can Amber make a decision on her own, or what????? Rob kept asking her what they should do at the FF, and she just stood there like a complete stooge!  "Duh!"?
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 04:36:40 PM »

In defense of Romber, the laugh at the pitstop was a nervous laugh. Watch again and you'll see. Its like when your call out on something and you put a devil may care front. Phil didn't really look mad about it. It obviously came from a longer mat chat.

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 04:43:44 PM »
I have to give a big thumbs up to Gretchan she is a trooper. |#'  I liked the fact that she still wanted to continue after the fall in the cave.

She completely blew me away last night. I've always been a fan but I seriously thought that she'd asked to be taken to the hospital or out of the race and yet she wouldn't let Merideth get out of that cave without the clue in his hands. What a trooper!
To me, they've never really been edited as the old couple (maybe in the episode of Pat and Mom's demise) but as a competitive team that is in it to win it.

Ray and Deana's editing just shouted that they will get beaten by Merideth and Gretchen and I might be the happiest because of the fact that it actually happened.

Personally, this is the BEST season hands down for me with TAR5 close behind. I think I've also gotten a new favorite team.. Hope they stick around for more episodes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 04:39:06 PM »
You gotta love Gretchen & Meredith .. ]**] I guess she figured that if she went to the hospital they would have not let her continue if they found something ,that was one nasty gash  }hlp{ ..good for her for being competitive enough to  want to stay in the race  /*^

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 05:49:26 PM »
I agree Gretchen & Merideth are 2 golden ager troopers with a capital T...not even Phil's mugging put a damper on them. Myself..I woulda just freaked..no clean clothes..especially after that sweaty..messy..muddy..bloody cave challenge (eeww).  /]}
Impressive..no doubt!  '];

You go girl.  ]#*

It was time for Ray to go home..what a rude full of himself %sshole shoolyard bully he turned out to be. Can you imagine or see yourselves picking on two (I don't wanna say 'old'..cause they've acted anything but), but you know what I mean...elderly people on any given day? He was serious with all that "I'll never allow myself to get beat by those two old coots," & It's all Deana's fault," hemming & hawing.  *[/  Guess you can tell I can't stand the Creep.

Deana is better off without him ..and yes I did notice her eye..she lQQked stressed to the max if you ask me. Worse than Jonathan & Victoria's schmoozing & abusing I thought..at least those two were pretty evenly matched..but this Ray..ah well I better stop or I may just try and 

Good riddance to bad race material..  ,.(

I counted 2 emotional teams and 3 if I really squeeze it for all it' worth..Joyce and Ucheena..Kelly and the brothers..but like I say that's pusing it..wishful thinking cause I said 3.   >^%

In truth I only counted one really emotional response and that was J&U   }}

Romber's reaction to Phil's comment was more an uncomfortable one I think..he called them on it as well he should have. I like them..and no one else stopped either cept for Lynn & Alex..go figure.

Did you catch Amber's non response to "You choose." from Rob..I guess she's one of these people who really does have a horseshoe placed perfectly up her derrière. Cause after that show it's just too obvious the gal doesn't have much of a clue on her own.   (%#

« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 06:11:11 PM by shanghilill »
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 03:03:36 AM »
I agree Gretchen & Merideth are 2 golden ager troopers with a capital T...not even Phil's mugging put a damper on them. Myself..I woulda just freaked..no clean clothes..especially after that sweaty..messy..muddy..bloody cave challenge (eeww). 
Impressive..no doubt!  ']; You go girl.  ]#*
A big Amen!  LOVE G/M!  ]**]  WoW...what Troopers!  I REALLY got a kick out of Gretchen when she jumped into the cave yelling "GOOD BYE CRUEL WORLD"!!! ((^ ^/^   That to me, was the highlight of the show (well that & that they're still in the Race!)  |#'   ]#*

Deana is better off without him ..and yes I did notice her eye..she lQQked stressed to the max if you ask me.
  Why was her eye all swollen, anyway??  I guess I missed something along the way?  *(^

I counted 2 emotional teams and 3 if I really squeeze it for all it' worth..Joyce and Ucheena..Kelly and the brothers..but like I say that's pusing it..wishful thinking cause I said 3. 
I guessed 3.  Hope MW counts different degrees of emotion. (I can dream, can't I?!)

Did you catch Amber's non response to "You choose." from Rob..
 Cause after that show it's just too obvious the gal doesn't have much of a clue on her own.
  Gosh, I kept saying out loud...'c'mon Amber...DECIDE!!  Rob was trying hard to give HER the chance to make a decision.  But airhead Amber absolutely could not... I doubt she's ever made any decisions on her own!

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 08:23:02 PM »
Rob probably told her how to spend her million too.   (%# ]][ |(
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 12:40:02 PM »
Rob probably told her how to spend her million too.     

lol...Rb probably spent her millions  {l{
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005, 01:23:47 PM »
your probably right. 
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org