Author Topic: Do you now see Rob's true colors?  (Read 7908 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Do you now see Rob's true colors?
« on: March 29, 2005, 09:43:07 PM »
Does anyone see Rob's true colors now. He doesn't give a rats ass about people, just money!

He was the only one not to stop and see if they were ok when the brothers rolled thier car!!!!

He was acting like a real baby when Lynn & Alex didn't let them in thier cab!

And Mr. Survivor couldn't even do the challenge that WAS MADE JUST FOR HIM. Come on, usually I am joking, but this guy is a real ass? Doesn't anyone see it?

Rob from RFF :D

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
Re: Do you now see Rob's true colors?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 09:55:44 PM »
I am so with you on this one.   ]*]
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 09:58:50 PM »
Rob was an ass...he should have atleast stoped.....he thought the other teams did not like them before....just wait.  It is a game but they should have at least slowed down.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 10:03:04 PM »
Rob was a total Jerk..can't beleive he would not give M&G money and then he accused Meredith of pushing Gretchen  (%#

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 10:03:46 PM »
And, I forgot this, he didn't give any money to the old people!

Oh, I bet Amber's million that none of it went to charity! And blaming Merideth for pushing Gretchen!

GROW UP

Rob

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 10:46:24 PM »
i agree with you, Rob!! ]][  he has no compassion, even if this is a game, he'll get his!!    :(*8     not giving gretchen and merideth money, he will get his one day!! ]][  amber is not like him, and i hope she sees what a dick he is!!! |(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 02:17:35 AM »
Well I must agree...Boston Rob is a total ASS.  Dang it, he isn't man enough to share a little money w/ G/M.  :':')  The same w/ Ray.  Both their attitudes suck!! Then for Rob to not bother stopping at the accident...that really made my blood boil!!  },{ It would've taken only a few minutes and they still could've made it to the pit stop in time.  Ray got his payback...and so will Rob.  I'm glad Phil PUT ROB ON THE SPOT BY ASKING HIM IF HE STOPPED AT THE ACCIDENT.  Did you notice the disappointed look on Phil's face at Rob's answer?  Phil no doubt lost respect for Rob tonite. 
Overall, I'm appalled at his actions...and yeh...him saying Meredith pushed Gretchen?  |:(  ]//{  He has NO excuses 4his assinine behavior--RACE or NOT!!  Then, Amber was wimpy for not chewing his butt.  I don't think she approved of his actions one bit.  :(*8

Grrrr...well...when this seasson began, I gave Romber the benefit of the doubt & tried hard to give them a chance.  His chances ran out with me tonite.  It really makes my heart sad and heavy that people can be so uncaring... :':') :':') :':')  While I'm on my soapbox, I should write CBS a complaint...
Ruday  |(  }}   ]*]  =]/   {{{}

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 06:11:53 AM »
Rudy your post is awesome  |#'

I would like to add that Boston Rob has now earned himself on the Reality TV's Hall of Shame along with Johnny Fairplay and Jonathon of TAR6. 

Just totally uncalled for behavior. 

Thanx for starting the thread RFF Rob  :<(

Offline Chemical

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 07:42:23 AM »
I personally think you are wrong, and I disagree with on this.

Let me begin this with a few examples and an analogy.

1. Why is "everyone" on the race *so* against Boston Rob and Amber?  More so Boston Rob?  He didn't even win Survivor, it was Amber that won.  Even during the first episode, the majority of people were focused on their demise, well before they even finished the episode, even getting a chance to know them.  Romber didn't even do anything to them to deserve this angst.

2. To further push point #1, Lynn and Alex have from the very beginning had the biggest grudge against Romber.  They didn't care what they did as long as they beat Romber.  This point was proved time and time again, and even more so on last nights episode when they wouldn't share a cab with them.  They said if it was anyone else that they would, but because its Romber they wouldn't. 

3. If you want to character assassin anyone, it should be Lynn and Alex.  They had stereotypes on Romber before the race even began, they called the brothers BITCHES and were very racist when they got lost in the big city.  Come on, "We are in Compton", and "Look, its TUPAC"... you don't hear those comments from the likes of Romber.

4. Romber are playing a GAME.  They realize this is a game and know that if you want to win, you have to be determined to win.  It's not like they didn't give a damn if the brothers were hurt or not.  They did show that they hoped that they were doing ok and such, as they drove by.  If they were total assholes, they wouldn't of said ANYTHING.  The likes of Jonathan and Johnny Fairplay would of laughed in their evil ways without showing any concern.  I also bet that Lynn and Alex, if they would of saw that it was Romber, would of just drove by as well... because in their twisted minds, they would of felt that Romber deserved it.

5. If Ray and his sidekick would of done what Romber did, and didn't slow down to see if their competition was badly hurt, which you could obviously tell as the brothers were up and about and basically waiving people to go on, they would of most likely still been in the race.  They wasted 10-15 seconds doing so, and in the end, they lost by 5-10 seconds during the final sprint.

6. What if you were in the situation?  What if this was a real life situation for you?  What if you knew that this morning, on your way to work, if you were late you would be fired, but also if you were the first one to arrive to work, you would be given a $1,000,000 bonus?  Would you stop to help someone stuck on the side of the road?  I would think you most likely dont'.  I live in a big city, and people get stuck on the side of the road all the time, and you never see anyone help them. 

It's a game, and Romber understand this.  If this were a sport and the opposing team, had someone who got hurt by accident and you felt bad, would you help them by giving them an extra point?  What if that extra point cost you the game?  What if losing that game cost you $1,000,000.  Especially if you had nothing to do with their being in that situation in the first place? [I am referring to the scenario with the older couple and Romber not helping them out].

Anyway, that's all.  Attack this all you want.   

Mike-e

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 07:56:43 AM »
I disagree...

When Rob and Amber were driving by, there were 7 people (3 from the brother's car and 4 from Lynn & Alex's car) standing around. Even if they stopped to ask if they needed help, what could they do? Drive to the nearest pay phone? Whip out the Romber-only medical kit? Stand around and reinact the Survivor SOS challenge?

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 08:06:07 AM »
We can argue about this all we want, however let the record show Rob throws like a girl.  That is a fact and it is indisputable.  He makes Tim Robbins peformance in Bull Durham seen Nolan Ryanesque.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 09:44:57 AM by Trevor »
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »
I too am totally appalled by Rob's meanness.  Sure, it's a race, but even if there's nothing that can be done at an accident scene, doesn't it say something about a person's character that they didn't even stop to ask?

Also, the whole thing about people recognizing and helping Romber shows that they definitely have an unfair advantage over the other teams, and the celebrity casting really isn't a good idea.

I will be so happy when/if Romber are Philiminated!  Phil was awesome on the mat, calling Rob on his failure to be a "mensch" (sp?).

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 09:05:15 AM »
I can see both sides...i agree with CHemical when it is about money alot of us probably would not have stopped.  They did slow down, just did nott stop ~ as mike-e said there were alot of people and the brothers were wavign people by.....did we miss something on the edit floor?  All the b!tching from L/A about R/A not stopping...you never heard anything from the brothers. I will have to watch that part again.  The brothers even told L/A to go ahead they did not want them to lose because of them.

I agree why did they all do food...water seemed so easy.  Amber basically did the water part her self.

The m/g thing is a catch 22...you know none of them would have given most to the other teams money.  Remember last season...they all helped the older couple but not anyone else.  ANd the older couple ended up with more money then the rest.  If they watched previous shows they know this.

Rob and Amber were playing the game and the editing are focusing more on them.  We  do not see the others plotting.  And they as others have said have several teams not wanting to help them or work with them.

Offline mommy2bree

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 09:16:01 AM »
I have to agree with the "unfair advantage" comment.  I had read it on an interview that was posted here before, but last night was the first time you REALLY saw people recognizing and helping Rob and Amber simply because they knew them from Survivor. 

Does seem a little bit like they should not be allowed to accept help like they did.  This should be a rule for everyone.  I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that there is a rule regarding what kind of help and/or questions they are allowed to ask of the locals, but it doesn't seem like there are too stringent rules about this.   

Then again, I just really really don't like Rob at all, so maybe that's why I feel this way.

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 09:20:24 AM »
They did slow down, just did nott stop ~ as mike-e said there were alot of people and the brothers were wavign people by.....did we miss something on the edit floor? 
But if I remember correctly all those teams that got waved by had the decency to ask out the window whether everyone was all right.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 09:29:29 AM »
you are correct.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005, 09:35:20 AM »
I find it very interesting how CBS is treating Rob and Amber.  CBS seemed to be aboard  the R/A love train, now they seem to be aboard the hate train.

There is not one insider video this week on Rob and Amber.  You'd think that there would be at least one video about them defending their actions.

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2005, 12:50:58 PM »
This is a bit off of the subject, but I am so tired of Amber saying that the people that help them because they know who they are from Survivor are just "Angels"  give me a break.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2005, 02:51:05 PM »
This ep was great! It was confirmed that Amber has no brain and can't make a decision. The look on her face was classic.

I loved it when Phil called them out about not stopping. He seemed so disgusted with them. |#'

I wish CBS would put in a rule that the contestants are not allowed to get help from locals, other than asking for directions. It is ridicious how much help Romber get.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline mozarbo

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005, 09:08:11 PM »
Rob wants to complain about Lynn and Alex not sharing a cab and states "so that's how they want to play the game."
Hey Rob, let's review: Who paid a security guard not to divulge which was the express bus? Who paid a bus driver not to open the back doors? Who paid a taxi driver to let him take an already hired cab? Who keeps getting help from locals that other teams are not getting?
What 'game' are you playing?
I can't wait to see them get eliminated!

Aloha,
Morgan

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 09:13:34 PM »
 c/*

_^% Morgan!

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 09:23:39 PM »
This ep was great! It was confirmed that Amber has no brain and can't make a decision. The look on her face was classic.

She looked like a cow.... we need a new smiley that people can use when describing Amber, or maybe a huge blank space would do?

Anyways, if they DO, miracoulously (sp?), make it to the Finals, wouldn't you think that they'd get a HUGE advantage over the other teams? I would hate to see this happen but I've been convinced that they won't make it that far

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 09:38:59 PM »
CBS should have never put those two on the season, unless everyone was known. I hope the other teams catch on to the help Romber is receiving from locals and start to ask for help for themselves.

Amber was taking forever in the market. She would have been there all night if the local would not have helped out.  |:(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 11:14:45 PM »
They did slow down, just did nott stop ~ as mike-e said there were alot of people and the brothers were wavign people by.....did we miss something on the edit floor?
But if I remember correctly all those teams that got waved by had the decency to ask out the window whether everyone was all right.
EXACTLY, Traegen!  They could have AT LEAST done THAT.  A few seconds isn't gonna make/break anyone!  Romber could've spared a few seconds...and that would've said something for them... I would give them credit for that.
The PRINCIPLE of Romber's actions counted,  and theirs counted for NOthing, b/c they did nothing to show they gave a damn!!  This wasn't the BIG CITY...which, IMO...is not comparable.  It was a deserted area...NO traffic jams or obstacles.   
Romber goofed up...no gettin around it.   88))
Ruday )_*^

« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 11:35:51 PM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005, 11:39:23 PM »
Thanks for the compliment, kraziladi! :D

And YES...THANK YOU ADMIN ROB for starting this thread! :D

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 02:04:57 AM »
I want to add my comments to this thread also.  As you all know I am a huge fan of Romber and I was disappointed when they did not stop to see if Brian and Greg were okay.  Slowing down a few seconds to see if they were okay is all they needed to do and should have done.  as for Rob's comment about Meredith pushing Gretchen in the cave, they way he sorted of laughed, it looked like he said it just to get a rise out of everyone--which he did.  And this was the topic of discussion with my two co-workers this morning.  So no matter if your like or dislike Romber --- they generate a lot of conversation on message boards and water coolers.  8-)'  And that is why they were allowed to be on the show.   *%# *%# So let's move on and see what happens next week.  How many more weeks before the final is on?  p.s. Trevor, I liked your comment about Rob throwing like a girl.  Because I am a girl and I throw like a girl.  |#' |#' |#'

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2005, 06:55:29 AM »
The thing about Rob & Amber is that they play the part of the villain so wonderfully.  Them not slowing down just fit right into their character.  They are fun to root against.  I would offer that rooting against them has made this season of the Amazing Race so much fun.  It was like when Colin & Christie were on the show.  Not one person wanted to see them win the Race.  It's like with Duke in college basketball.  Everyone hates them but ratings are higher and it's always a little more fun when they are in the mix.

Thank you very much!
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."