Author Topic: 4/12 TAR EP8 ? Title "Mow 'Em Down Like Grass"  (Read 43672 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: 4/12 TAR EP8 ? Title "Mow 'Em Down Like Grass"
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2005, 05:25:16 PM »
Some additional videocaps from Dreamer. Some show Kelly with a headscarf and they also show Rob and Amber boarding a plane.

http://www.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=TheAmazingRace&Number=1714148&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&mrd=1113171039

:<( Ottopart , I'm no expert but I think think 95 96 97 so on are when they are leaving Africa .. looks like Rob is trying to convince the lady in charge whatever that Lynn & Alex should not be allowed on the charter plane  {l{ anyway thats how it looks , I have not seen this promo/voiceover yet so I'm just saying .

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2005, 05:38:52 PM »
{l{ Well if my prediction is right perhaps Romber do indeed come in last this coming week.. NEL , they are mugged by Phil and when they "Beg" the others for a loan, the following episode , they get " Talk to the hand cause the face doesn't understand  ,.( "  they would be so screwed that episode .  I was looking at  Raceygirls airport pictures , just because we see U&J with a bag doesn't necessarily  mean they were victims of a mugging from Phil ..maybe they were ahead of the other teams and took some time to do a little shopping, time will tell  ?

Shouts to Gman ..thank you for the analysis . Great work as always and much appreciated ,especially with the small clues that we have to work with . ]*[

I guess anything can happen in this crazy race, from leg to leg, but I can't buy Gretchen and Meredith outdistancing smarter and stronger teams. They have been floundering the last two wks, saved by the noneliim and then last week finishing, Luckily, ahead of L/A with major vehicle trouble, and the Brothers just dumbing out. With the added stress of the head injury, being mugged, plus all teams must be tiring, I just can't see them having the stamina to go further or beat another team handily to pull ahead...not with the teams left anyway.. All of them race stronger, smarter and with that sense of urgency. The only way i see M/G pulling ahead of all those teams is if they steal the Rob's horseshoe LOL

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2005, 05:51:03 PM »
In 91 and 92 it looks like Ron might have some sort of a wrap on his head also.  Any guesses as why?  I have not seen the preview but in the caps it they do not appear to be running.

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2005, 06:31:04 PM »
Don't know if they goto Ajmer in the Rajasthan desert but here is some info on it.

Getting Around
There are different means of transport available to the traveler to move around in Ajmer. One can choose from auto-rickshaws, cycle-rickshaws and tongas, depending on the distance.
Tourist Information Centers
Tourists and travelers can get information from the tourist office that is located in Rajasthan Tourism Development Council's (RTDC) Hotel Khadim. There is also a small tourist information counter at the railway station. Travelers should take care of a few things while visiting the Dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti: one has to cover the head with a scarf or a cap in certain places within the precincts of the tomb complex. Beware of fake guides around the Dargah who try to fleece money in the name of donation for religious or social pretext.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:E29d1SB-vJsJ:www.indnav.com/servlet/Browse%3Fmt%3DgoTo%26fId%3D32+scarf+delhi+tongas&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2005, 07:34:37 PM »
Why is The Early Show listing a race eliminated team?  This episode should be a non-elimination.  They only have 5 teams left and the finale isn't until May 10.

Saturday, 04/09: Live coverage of British Royal wedding
Monday, 04/11: William H. Macy on "Sahara" | "Anchor to the Rescue" series
Tuesday, 04/12: Teenage driving dangers | New products for pets
Wednesday, 04/13: Sen. Bob Dole on memoir | "Race" eliminated team
Thursday, 04/14: Anthony LaPaglia | "Anchor to the Rescue"
Friday, 04/15: "Survivor: Palau" castoff

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2005, 09:48:26 PM »
The new vidcaps seem to confirm some of what we have been thinking. First, the teams will be getting on charter flights from Maun Airport to Joburg. The shot of the airport with Rob is too small for Joburg so must be Maun. The planes look like the larger Cessna Caravans. Rob is wearing the same yellow shirt in the airport and getting on the plane (without backpacks since the plane is so small you would have to check them). When Rob and Amber are climbing up into the plane you can see the small terminal building behind them. Later we have scenes of Rob in the office trying to find out who is in charge and then pushing the tea cart and he has a different shirt on. Next day? Changed shirts on the plane? Amber also is now wearing a jacket of some sort.

Interesting to note that the Khwai River Lodge recommends that they pick you up at the Maun airport since the only way to get to their lodge is by four-wheel drive vehicle. Our teams had enough trouble trying to navigate across the trackless bush in broad daylight so I hope they don't have to drive to Maun in the darkness of early morning! Hard to follow the tracks and who knows what you would run into.

Can anyone identify the building in pix no. 90?  Looks like some kind of religious site since everyone is wearing head scarves of some sort.

Rob and Amber are really getting more than their share of face time this week. His remark about one mistake and your out seems to be just part of a confessional at the Khwai River Lodge during the pit stop and probably is just one of his observations about how to win the race. It sure makes sense at this stage of the game.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2005, 09:49:09 PM »
I know Ottopart , what I'm going to do is check the update on the newspath about 4pm /ET  on Tuesday and if that fails i'll call Meredith ..shes in charge of the Promo's for CBS  :)*
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 09:52:22 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2005, 10:00:30 PM »
Because I can't find that Building in #90 and am bored .

Delhi Police

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2005, 10:19:12 PM »
Don't know if they goto Ajmer in the Rajasthan desert but here is some info on it.

Getting Around
There are different means of transport available to the traveler to move around in Ajmer. One can choose from auto-rickshaws, cycle-rickshaws and tongas, depending on the distance.
Tourist Information Centers
Tourists and travelers can get information from the tourist office that is located in Rajasthan Tourism Development Council's (RTDC) Hotel Khadim. There is also a small tourist information counter at the railway station. Travelers should take care of a few things while visiting the Dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti: one has to cover the head with a scarf or a cap in certain places within the precincts of the tomb complex. Beware of fake guides around the Dargah who try to fleece money in the name of donation for religious or social pretext.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:E29d1SB-vJsJ:www.indnav.com/servlet/Browse%3Fmt%3DgoTo%26fId%3D32+scarf+delhi+tongas&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

]*[ Thanks Ottopart .. how could a building this size be so hard to find ? back to google.....

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2005, 11:53:16 AM »
A friend of Rob/Amber (BIG HAIR) posted on TWOP the following: 

"The wedding date was mutually agreed upon. I can tell you they will NOT be in NY this Wednesday or next. I'll tell you on Monday exactly where the wedding is/was since it's being kept secret to avoid a media circus or preventing wackos from causing problems."

The wedding is April 16th and will be seen on CBS May 24th.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2005, 12:20:54 PM »
LOL, I was just going to post this Ottopart ..,my theory right or wrong ? It was just my opinion as I see it , not a spoiler ..we shall see  {l{ . I was thinking tomorrow's Ep non-elim and then the following week maybe part 1 of a too be cont EP like Lori & Bolo's train Hungary leg  ?  or do you all think there are 3 non -elim legs left?
Pedaler posted
Big Hair, Thanks a lot for the info. In cases like this, I like being wrong. I just have a thing about reality show contestants knowing each other. Sorry.

You posted a while back that Rob and Amber's wedding is this upcoming weekend. Did they or CBS (or both) set the date? I only ask because the answer will help me speculate if they get eliminated this week or next. Usually, the eliminated team is on the Wednesday Early Show. I would find it strange if a team would want to go on any show the Wednesday before or after their wedding. Thanks.
link

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2005, 12:48:45 PM »
Wonder if they are using one of the free trips as a Honey moon?  Do you think Lynn and Alex will be there?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2005, 12:51:18 PM »
Puddin,  I should have also asked how long Rob and Amber's honeymoon will be.  If it's two weeks then ....   Maybe I will next time Big Hair posts.

There is so much up in the air regarding the next few episodes.  Will there be back to back non-elimination legs?  Will the racers circle the world or go back to the U.S. through Turkey and England?

I hope that the second half of the race is as good as the first.

Thanks for all of the vid caps.  I haven't seen any previews on TV and CBS hasn't updated their web site.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2005, 01:13:55 PM »
 *^? thanks Pedaler ..this is driving me crazy  /(^ I need to know . Tomorrow nights episode should answer alot of questions ..at least we get to see what the teams are wearing ..I hate that we can't see what Ucheena is wearing because he's blocked out by Joyce in the chariot/ Tonga . And fwiw I'm watching the recap EP now and Rob is wearing that same Pittsburgh t-shirt at the last Pitstop while they are eating and being entertained by the locals , we see him wearing it in the above Vidcaps as well .

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2005, 02:04:36 PM »
From Dreamer's Videocaps it looks like Ron is wearing a black t-shirt underneath a black long-sleeve shirt in this episode.  It even looks like his slacks may be black also..  The "raceygirl" picture at San Juan airport shows Ron wearing tan shorts and a blue long-sleeve shirt.  I don't think Ron and Kelly come in last this episode at least.  But then again, what do I know.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2005, 03:58:46 PM »
Haven't seen anything new on CBS over the weekend. Still pushing the "five" teams and Rob and Amber. Most certain that they are flying charter flights (probably two or even three if the planes are really small). But it looks like at least mid-morning so it must have taken awhile to get from the Khwai River Lodge to the Maun Airport. `Rob and Amber arrived at the lodge just ahead of Ron and Kelly. Uchenna and Joyce arrived later and then had to retreat to the driveby and recover the flag stick and then still returned third to the pitstop. Then Lynn and Alex and finally Meredith and Gretchen. Since the sun does not set until around 8:30PM during the first week of December and all teams arrived in daylight, they all must have arrived before 8:30PM. So assuming that Rob and Amber arrived some time ahead of the others they may have arrived around 3:30PM. That would mean that they and Ron and Kelly would be leaving at around 3:30AM in the darkness of the early morning. I don't believe they would even attempt to drive across the trackless bush country in the dark. So perhaps they all had to wait until sunrise before the gate was lifted and they could drive off.

We have seen what looks like the following tasks:

Ride a cycle-rickshaw

Ride a Tonga (Chariot race)

Push a tea cart through the crowded streets.

And looks like visiting some sort of religious temple (come on Puddin, you can find forts in out of the way Hungary, Corsica and Istanbul and you can't find a distinctive building like the one in pix 90?)

Something to do with the cycle-rickshaw is one part of the Detour. We know this from what Kelly is telling Ron. But where does the tea cart stunt fit in? Not a Roadblock since both Amber and Rob are pushing it.  And we see Rob and Amber also in the Tonga Race and on the cycle-rickshaw. So these are not Fast Forward tasks.  Hopefully it can be straightened out by tomorrow night.

Some other interesting things.  In the tea cart sequence with Rob and Amber there are four more carts lined up when Rob and amber pick out theirs. He is now wearing a different shirt from when they departed Botswana on the charter flight. And in the tea cart gig, in a high shot you can spot a strange man helping Rob maneuver his cart through the street while Amber stands to one side watching (another local spots the survivors and helps out?)

CBS on plugs for The Early Show last night and this morning did not mention that a TAR castoff would be on their show this week, but they did plug for Friday's Survivor castaway.  Just pretty good evidence that TAR Ep 8 will be NEL. It almost has to be, if not we would almost surely have three NELs in a row: eps 9, 10, 11 which would make no sense at all if ep 12 is the final elimination to get the four teams down to the final three.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2005, 04:10:21 PM »
And looks like visiting some sort of religious temple (come on Puddin, you can find forts in out of the way Hungary, Corsica and Istanbul and you can't find a distinctive building like the one in pix 90?)
  {l{ Its too hard to nail ..I've been to Bombay to Pondicherry !! No luck at all

Check this place out , Yikes  `/~

link

Eyemail ~ No help here.. :':')

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2005, 04:15:50 PM »
Another usefull link/India Travel Club 

More about the Veil

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2005, 09:34:18 PM »
I hate that we can't see what Ucheena is wearing because he's blocked out by Joyce in the chariot/ Tonga

You can see his arm reaching out behind Joyce.  He is wearing that long-sleaved, heavy yellow shirt that appears again in the 12/18/04 airport photo.

gingerman, I get sunset to be 6:55 pm using Sun, Earth & Moon Applet (Muan lat = -19.983, lon = 23.417, Dec 3, 2004, Botswana is 2 hours ahead of GMT)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2005, 10:06:24 PM »
You're right sunset is as you say at 6:55 on Dec.3. That only means since all teams including Greg and Brian arrived at the pitstop while it was still bright daylight that Rob and Amber arrived not long after noonish. Which means they would be leaving the pitstop a little after midnight. I don't think they would get very far from the safari lodge in the dead of night.

And since this is a NEL is there a  YIELD in the mix or a FAST FORWARD?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 10:20:31 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2005, 10:17:38 PM »
Puddin, I can't find the building in #90 either.  But in #91 Ron & Kelly are walking past Jama Masjid.  It appars in the promo but not until the llast two frames before the clip changes to pre-race Uchenna & Joice.  The structure in the background of #91 must be a side building to Jama Masjid.

For what it's worth, the building in #90 seems like a gateway or a fort. because you see some daylight from the other side of the opening.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2005, 10:28:25 PM »
 ((^  I really need to get a life , I've been searching for that building for 24 hrs  with no luck at all , whats funny is that after we see it tomorrow night it will be like WhoopTe Do who cares  (%# . Thanks Chateau d If , I give up on  #90  <}/ >^%

Offline DeeDee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
2 new Dreamer Caps from JokersUpdates.com
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2005, 01:14:20 AM »

Rob looks happy

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2005, 09:15:45 AM »
 ]#* BPF !!! You Rock!!!