Author Topic: 4/12 TAR EP8 ? Title "Mow 'Em Down Like Grass"  (Read 43665 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: 4/12 TAR EP8 ? Title "Mow 'Em Down Like Grass"
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2005, 09:34:37 AM »
Thank you so much  ]**]

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2005, 02:58:12 PM »
Puddin, thanks for the screencaps...now, can you tell us what they all mean? lol
whatsgonnahappen??? lol   *%#

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2005, 03:53:11 PM »
Oh I'm not good at analyzing the photos because there are so few ..
Lets see ..this is what I came up with  , I'll leave the real analyzing to  Gman and the pros *8/

They fly to Delhi India , airport equalizer most likely , the webclues suggest that two teams team up to secure flights together ( Could be U&J & M&G ..just a guess or some other pair , not A&L & R&A thats for sure   ]][ ) .
Maybe a minor task to get the clue RickShaw Chariot Race ? Who we don't see in the Chariot race per previews .. R&K or M&G 
Detour  sell tea or deliver something by Rickshaw ...something like that ?

We see Romber with the tea cart ..do they have to sell it or deliver it ? They are hustling ..
We see M&G Rickshaw passengers , she has a large green bag ..don't know if thats where she's storing her own goodies or if she's delivering something to the crowds cheers ?
We see Ron & Kelly argue over what detour they should do ..he says Cycle rickshaws and she does not agree but says she will do it anyway ?
Also we see Romber getting some papers from an office..do they need credentials or a permit to sell the tea ? or did they finish the task and are now leaving with the signed papers that state that they completed the task?
The picture that bothers me the most is the Romber confessional ..first hinkies when I saw and heard that is that Rob & Amber maybe make a mistake and have to go back and finish a task ..like we saw U&J & M&G do last week or were they yielded by A&L ? we see a Chariot race and perhaps they are racing each other to the clue box to try to yield each other ? Rob Conf: "one little mistake....and it can be the end" 
We are assuming this is a NEL because there are 5 teams left with 5 episodes/legs left ..or should I say there should be ?

So who do I think is saved by a NEL this week? Going by the last vidcap and Robs confessional about making one mistake , I think they are saved by the NEL but thats pure speculation and just my guess.

ETA : The chariot race vidcaps a powered by horse  }w_{  and we could and should speculate that we may still have a cont..Ep as we did when Bolo/Lori had their train wreck EP.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 05:12:12 PM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2005, 04:11:39 PM »
Everyone, thanks for all the hard work.  I am in the minority,  but I do think that the Race producers do read the message boards.  It was a lot easier last season to figure out the detours and roadblocks from the previews.

Also,
Going by the last vidcap and Robs confessional about making one mistake , I think they are saved by the NEL but thats pure speculation and just my guess.

Puddin, I also think that the next leg is a NEL.  If Rob and Amber came in last, they would be wearing the same clothes in all of the vid caps.  They aren't, so I don't think they come in last.

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2005, 04:12:14 PM »
Oh I'm not good at analyzing the photos because there are so few ..
Lets see ..this is what I came up with  , I'll leave the real analyzing to  Gman and the pros *8/

So who do I think is saved by a NEL this week? Going by the last vidcap and Robs confessional about making one mistake , I think they are saved by the NEL but thats pure speculation and just my guess.

ETA : The chariot race vidcaps a powered by horse  }w_{

I think what Rob says is..."one mistake and it could all be over"  more relfective sounding to me not indicative they made a mistake, I think it's a teaser to get us to think they made a boo boo. lol
but looking at the last two legs, even if a lead team did make a mistake, it wouldn't make much diference since the other teams behind are making mistakes too. lol
U/J and G/M mistakes at the last roadblock didn't factor in with the two teams behind them having troubles too.

Leg 8 and 10 are non elims

I dunno, I just can't stand the SUSPENSE!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2005, 05:06:51 PM »
fwiw~ watching the TV commercial/Promo ..L&A are racing U&J side by side in the so called Chariot race and they are having fun with it..Lynn is waving the yellow clue laughing and Joyce is like  }w_{
giddyup and holding /shaking a white piece of paper .
Then we see Romber in their Chariot looking hard to the right at what? most likely another team on their chariot side by side  .. . The street looks wide enough for 3 or more chariots so who knows how many teams are racing ?

And also fwiw~
this vidcap/ confessional  is recycled from the Recap show

From the recap Ep thanks to Tarflies

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2005, 05:18:21 PM »
Puddin, I also think that the next leg is a NEL.  If Rob and Amber came in last, they would be wearing the same clothes in all of the vid caps.  They aren't, so I don't think they come in last.
But if they knew they were in last place they could have layered clothes so they wouldn't loose all of them like Alex did unneccesarily last week.

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2005, 05:25:56 PM »
But if they knew they were in last place they could have layered clothes so they wouldn't loose all of them like Alex did unneccesarily last week.

R/A looks too damn happy to be in last place and they look pretty clean and freshly laundered, and it looks like Amber is wearing a hometown shirt

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2005, 05:26:16 PM »
I don't know that they come in last..its just a hinkie . Worst scenario , and I shudder  at the thought..M&G get mugged by Phil again  `/~  :':') .
Don't forget we have Racergirls pictures which suggest that perhaps U&J minus their pouch and backpacks carrying a plastic bag and Ron & Kelly ( if that is Ron time will tell ? ) with the small backpack in Puerto Rico at Luis Munoz Marin International Airport.

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2005, 05:50:11 PM »
I don't know that they come in last..its just a hinkie . Worst scenario , and I shudder  at the thought..M&G get mugged by Phil again  `/~  :':') .
Don't forget we have Racergirls pictures which suggest that perhaps U&J minus their pouch and backpacks carrying a plastic bag and Ron & Kelly ( if that is Ron time will tell ? ) with the small backpack in Puerto Rico at Luis Munoz Marin International Airport.

that's what I was thinking..if M/G get mugged again, there goes some of U/Js clothes too.
but, even if Romber gets stripped lol  it's not like they haven't survived before on little to none LOL
we need Amazing Race buffs LOL

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2005, 08:34:32 PM »
Here's a portion of an e-mail that I was forwarded by a friend. I'm cutting out the personal parts so as not to embarrass the sender or original recipient of the e-mail. It confirms that Rob and Amber will be part of TAR7 and it also sounds like the show will include some safari adventures in Botswana.

Subject: hilarious travel story
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:35:12 +0000

I just joined the contestants and crew of The Amazing Race on the flight from Johannesburg, South Africa to Mumbai, India. I am now an extra on Reality TV!

As I checked in for my transfer flight from Botswana there, standing at the ticket counter were two Beautiful People Americans with backpacks, film crews and stressed out looks on their faces. It
could only be one thing - REALITY TV! I spoke with a sound guy who told me with a wink and a smile that it was a "travel documentary" and when I got into the terminal, there were the rest of the teams with their sound guys and cameramen, waiting for our flight. And among the contestants are Rob and
Amber fromSurvivor All-Stars. And here's the inside scoop: EVERYONE HATES THEM!

As you may imagine, I became quite friendly with one of the teams (in fact I met the woman while buying a cool bracelet for my nephew in a gift shop - we bonded over the beading! and I sat in front of her husband on the 10 hour flight). Suffice it to say that reality tv is quite hilarious. I don't know
how they can be as natural as they are with these entourages of cameramen and producers following all over. I actually caught them at a very relaxed phase, after they had spent three days on SAFARI IN BOTSWANA! They are headed up north to a temple near the Himalayas.
The people I feel worst for are the film crews who also have to keep all of their stuff in a backpack that they carry with them along with all their equipment while they schlepp after the teams. I got some inside scoop but was sworn to secrecy. Suffice it to say, though, that they were all having a great time and it sounds like they've done some very cool stuff.
Jami Masjid 

Laxminarayan Temple: Also called the Birla Mandir, the Laxminarayan Temple was built by the Birla family in 1938. It is a temple with a large garden and fountains behind it. The temple attracts thousands of devotees on Janmashtami day, the birthday of Lord Krishna. The temple is a place to visit by most of the tourist coming to New Delhi.

Bahai Temple/Lotus Temple: The Bahai Temple, situated in South New Delhi, is shaped like a lotus. It is an eye-catching edifice worth exploring. Built by the Baha'i community, it offers the visitor a serenity that pervades the temple and its artistic design.

http://www.indiatravelhorizon.com/gangotri.htm

source~
http://www.rbstravels.com/golden_triangle.htm
More temples~
http://www.uttaranchal.ws/chardham.htm
http://www.indiantemplesportal.com/delhi-temples.html

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2005, 09:29:22 PM »
Here is a link to the english translation of the Jami Masjid website from puddin's post above:

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.indienerlebnis.de/f07/delhi.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dindienerlebnis%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2005, 10:30:59 PM »
Thanks to realityreel
The racers split off into two different groups and even the simpliest of tasks creates friction between on of the teams on “The Amazing Race,” Tuesday April 12th 2005, on CBS.

Reality Reel Media

As the game becomes more intense and every second counts, the teams split off into two separate groups, on The Amazing Race 7 Tuesday, April 12 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The pressures of the Race continue to weigh heavy on one Team when even the simplest of tasks, such as choosing a mode of transportation, causes tempers to flare. Meanwhile, one Team shares an affectionate moment with the locals as they are cheered on by a supportive crowd.

Participants:
Ray/Deana - Dating On And Off – ELIMINATED 3/29
Debbie/Bianca - Lifelong Friends – ELIMINATED 3/15
Lynn/Alex - Boyfriends
Uchenna/Joyce - Married
Ron/Kelly - Dating
Ryan/Chuck - Best Friends-- ELIMINATED 3/1
Rob/Amber - Engaged
Meredith/Gretchen - Retired Couple
Megan/Heidi - Roommates -- ELIMINATED 3/8
Susan/Patrick - Mother/Son – ELIMINATED 3/22
Brian/Greg - Brothers – ELIMINATED 4/5

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2005, 01:47:19 AM »
IN THE age of automobiles who is bothered about the solitary tongawallah? Gone are the days of tongas. There were more than 3,500 tongas in 1971 and there are now only 100 tongas all over Delhi.
Maintaining a tonga according to Nasiruddin of Delhi's Jama Masjid tonga stand, is a tough job.

Guess what a Tonga is.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2005, 03:21:22 AM »
IN THE age of automobiles who is bothered about the solitary tongawallah? Gone are the days of tongas. There were more than 3,500 tongas in 1971 and there are now only 100 tongas all over Delhi.
Maintaining a tonga according to Nasiruddin of Delhi's Jama Masjid tonga stand, is a tough job.

Guess what a Tonga is.

Tonga is a country in South Pacific.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2005, 03:25:05 AM »
The five teams are arrive in Delhi, India. Look at this map:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 03:33:42 AM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2005, 09:12:47 AM »

Guess what a Tonga is.

Thank you Chateau , I could not find the right word for the so called Chariots  {l{

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2005, 10:53:33 AM »
And notice where the tonga stand is.   })}
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2005, 12:27:04 PM »
I'll try to put together what we seem to know so far about ep 8:  First the teams are at the pitstop at the Khwai River Lodge after spending the say driving around the Moremi Wildlife Reserve. All of the teams arrived before sundown, so it looks like the first team of Rob and Amber with Ron and Kelly close behind arrived in early afternoon. SO that means the teams will be starting out again after their pitstop in the darkness of early morning. But, of course, we have no shots of this.

It looks like the teams must do something in order to sign up for charter flights out of Maun to either Gaborone or directly to Joburg. The plane shown is a single engine bush plane which probably at best can carry only two or three teams. So there may be some kind of dealing going on trying to get the best flight out. But do not worry about who flies out when since it looks like all five teams and their entourages are together for the long 10-hour flight to Delhi.

Since the spoiler from Joburg mentioned that they were on their way to a temple "near the Himalayas" they may have to find the Jami Masjid or Laxminadayan Temple to get their first task.

We have been shown (and it is the only time they have been shown in the weekend promos) Ron and Kelly arguing over what part of the DETOUR to go on (some choice it seems of a type of transportation) Kelly thinks Ron is wrong in choosing the Rickshaw but decides to go along with him.  At first I thought that the choice would be between Tongas or Bikes. We had scenes of Meredith and Gretchen in the bike rickshaw and then Ron and Kelly picking it out. And we had scenes of Lynn and Alex, Joyce and Uchenna, and Rob and Amber all racing in Tongas. But then up came a shot of Rob and Amber in a rickshaw. So they can't be the two parts of the Detour. 

The Chariot race in Tongas may indeed be part of a Detour, but what about the Rickshaws and we have Kelly telling us that is their choice in the choosing of a mode of transportation. So if the rickshaw is part of the detour what is the rest?

We have a scene of Rob and Amber in some official looking office and Rob is waving some set of papers around asking who is in charge.  Next we have a scene of Rob and Amber starting off with a tea cart. It looks like there are five tea carts assembled here. There is a gap between the cart with Rob and Amber and the third one over. So has one team already left with their cart? Rob also has what looks like the same set of papers he had in the office in his hand. So did the teams have to go somewhere to get permission to sell tea on the street? There also is an overhead shot of Rob and Amber making their way through a crowd with a police car standing by. Any significance?

Finally we have Meredith and Gretchen being driven through the Delhi streeets with crowds of people surrounding them. Are they leading the pack or are they being cheered on as they come in last again. And after they dismount they are seen walking with broad smiles on their faces through more crowds of adoring young people. Don't know what this all means but the final pit stop usually is in a secluded place, so this may be outside a temple or some sort of landmark which is the final pit stop for this leg of the race.

Most likely this has to be a NEL. So does that mean that we will have the same pattern of a Fast Forward again in this ep? The tea cart bit could be a fast forward since we have only seen one team doing it, but if this is the FF than Rob and Amber would not be doing the other tasks (unless they get outwitted again by M/G)

Strange that after the promo at the end of Ep 7 featured Ron and Kelly they have not been seen during the weekend longer promos.

And, finally, Rob and Amber are getting a lot and I mean a lot of face time this week. Are they going to be saved by the NEL/

Finally, we

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2005, 02:45:56 PM »
New Vidcaps from Dreamer  ]**]
Some were duplicates so I'll just post the new ones .. interesting order of the teams  ^&#
I just want to make a comment ..IMO ,those teams are who I beleive are the last 3 teams in order #1 U&J #2M&G #3 L&A , next out Romber and Kelly and Ron after them . Yeah Yeah , I posted awhile back that U&J were not in the final three but it was a mistake and my own fault for trusting more than one source    8-)' and I apologize and admit that it was wrong  *8/  B:) B:) B:)  .

« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 02:59:27 PM by puddin »

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2005, 03:51:37 PM »
I just want to make a comment ..IMO ,those teams are who I beleive are the last 3 teams in order #1 U&J #2M&G #3 L&A , next out Romber and Kelly and Ron after them . Yeah Yeah , I posted awhile back that U&J were not in the final three but it was a mistake and my own fault for trusting more than one source    8-)' and I apologize and admit that it was wrong  *8/  B:) B:) B:)  .

I like your final three puddin.  I like the idea of any team that is currently left that has said or did anything negative to M/G does not finish before them. For example L/A said M/G were "so stupid", Ron said in an insider video that M/G were "holding on by the skin of their teeth", and Rob changing lanes and tauting them while driving shown on the recap episode.

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2005, 04:07:19 PM »
Oh, I would love for that to happen puddin

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2005, 04:55:58 PM »
 {l{ Well if my prediction is right perhaps Romber do indeed come in last this coming week.. NEL , they are mugged by Phil and when they "Beg" the others for a loan, the following episode , they get " Talk to the hand cause the face doesn't understand  ,.( "  they would be so screwed that episode .  I was looking at  Raceygirls airport pictures , just because we see U&J with a bag doesn't necessarily  mean they were victims of a mugging from Phil ..maybe they were ahead of the other teams and took some time to do a little shopping, time will tell  ?

Shouts to Gman ..thank you for the analysis . Great work as always and much appreciated ,especially with the small clues that we have to work with . ]*[

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2005, 05:14:04 PM »
Some additional videocaps from Dreamer.  Some show Kelly with a headscarf and they also show Rob and Amber boarding a plane.

http://www.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=TheAmazingRace&Number=1714148&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&mrd=1113171039

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2005, 05:16:56 PM »
 |#' Dreamer is Awesome!!!!!!!!

ETA / Voiceover  , again thanks to Dreamer

VO: The Amazing Race journeys to exotic India
Ron: I hope we get there before they do..
Ron: Come on , move fast ...
VO:  Rob and Amber are up to their old tricks
Rob: Tell them that you can't do it at this time

« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 05:56:10 PM by puddin »