Author Topic: Reader Question about Willard  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Reader Question about Willard
« on: March 26, 2005, 09:33:16 AM »
I got this question and I have no idea as to the answer of it.  I was wondering if any of you guys could supply a good answer for me to e-mail back:

Hi Trevor,
I read your comments on the RealityFanForum.  You seem knowledgeable about the game of Survivor.  There is one thing I don't understand.  I thought that a tribe member couldn't sit out two challenges in a row.  In Episode 4, Willard sat out of the Sumo competition.  In Episode 5, Willard sat out the very next competition, the Bottle Diving competition.  If he was made to compete, I know the results would have been enitirely different.  Do you know what's going on?
Thanks,
Dave
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: Reader Question about Willard
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 10:38:43 AM »
You know, i kinda thought I noticed that too?!?!

Did anyone notice this?

Rob

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 11:09:58 AM »
I checked back in my recaps and I think Koror may have gotten away with one.  Willard did sit out those two Challenges back to back. 
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 11:32:10 AM »
I have the answer Trevor..I just can't find it , it was explained somewhere BRB  }4{

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 11:40:22 AM »
Awesome!!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 11:42:40 AM »
I'm pretty sure this has happened before!!! The sitting out 2 competitions in a row only applies to the same 3 day period ...... such as the RC, then the following IC!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 11:43:19 AM »
You can't sit out two challenges in a three day cycle , if Willard sat out the RC, he can't sit out the IC. However the next three day cycle is new and he can sit out the RC.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 11:45:57 AM »
So it was a new cycle and this allowed him to sit out the following challenge.  That makes sense. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 11:59:15 AM »
This upcoming episode is going to be tricky  (%#

From Blows

tribephyl
2. "RE: What is the Sit Out Rule?"
The rule, as I understand it, is that a contestant may not sit out two consecutive challenges occuring in a 3 day boot cycle. After a TC, the slate is wiped clean and the counter starts over...
You understand correctly.

For example in S4, after the tribes were mixed up, Rotu had 8 members and Maraamu had 5. The following immunity challenge was was the "Life's a tapestry" challenge.
John, RobM and Sean were sit-outs for this game. Regardless, Maraamu lost and Sarah was booted.
The next challenge was the "Tiki Towers" challenge (for RC). This was the original blindfold challenge, Rotu decided to use only Robert, John, Tammy and Gabe for the challenge. Meaning that RobM and Sean sat out again (along with Vee and Zoe).

So it is fair to assess that "no person can sit-out in back-to-back challenges", unless we are in the next 3day cycle.