Author Topic: The Future of TAR  (Read 16011 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
The Future of TAR
« on: July 31, 2003, 05:38:58 PM »
This was on TV Guide Gossip Today about the future of The Amazing Race. There is some doubt that it will be coming back for another season.

Read the full story at:
http://news.realityfanforum.com/fullnews.php?id=5

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
Re:The Future of TAR
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 06:08:15 PM »
I think it's not doing well because of the Flo and Zac disaster.  The game has been dominated by m/m teams and the one f/m team was not deserving TAR style.  And casting the "NFL" wives was a big mistake.  Please, don't let them do a "celebraty" TAR, that's when you know they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

But hey, those are just my thoughts and I'm not the demographic they are looking for.

Snickers
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 06:41:46 PM »
I am within the so called "demographic" and I agree with you 100%!

I laughed when you said the Flo and Zac disaster, because that is what it was. There was some discussion that the favored teams never win the Amazing Race and that is why it is in trouble. Casting of the NFL moms was a huge mistake, I think. I am wondering if the producers weren't thinking that they would get kicked off the first round! Who knows. But I do hope they do better casting, and continue the Race.

Rob

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 12:09:21 AM »
They cannot get rid of this show.  I love it.  This is the only way I can travel without leaving the comforts of my living room.  I know when it was on last year, one of my co-workers didn't want to start watching it midway through as she thought she would not get it.  She felt that she had to have started watching that from the beginning.  I hope other people don't feel that way.  I definitely agree with Snickers that the game is dominated with male teams.  I think on TAR2 - everyone loved the brother sister team and they ended up coming in 3rd.  I will definitely send CBS an email with my thoughts.  We all should.

Offline Brown Guy

• RFF Sr. Member
    • My Site!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 02:07:39 AM »
TAR has lost its touch in my opinion....the teams are visiting the same placed they have in previous seasons like Australia and India. They should go to new places like CANADA  :o EH! LOL
A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around!
~John Tudor

Theresa

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 12:16:21 PM »
I think the show is awesome.  I have not been seeing the same places.  They do new things every time.  Its wonderful and face paced.  Some of the challenges are too much in my opinion, but its for a million dollars and the teams know they will do some hard stuff before they go, so mostly they are prepared.  

Theresa

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 02:35:13 AM »
I sent CBS an email to let them know there are fans out there.  I suggested that they also have a race with favourites from previous shows such as Kevin and Drew (frat brothers), Team Guido, Blake/Paige, Danny/Oswald (Team Prada), Doublemint Twins.  Let's hope they take my advice.  And Brown Guy, TAR is suppose to make a stop in the  Vancouver area -- it was in my tv guide a couple of months ago plus a friend of a friend said that they spotted the TAR people back in November.  so let's cross our fingers and see where they are.

Offline Brown Guy

• RFF Sr. Member
    • My Site!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 03:05:26 AM »
I hope ur right if they come to Vancouver it will renew Canadian interest in American Reality shows and maybe TAR will come back again!
A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around!
~John Tudor