Poll

Which Team gets Yielded?

Joyce & Ucheena
Kelly & Ron
Gretchen & Meredith
Romber
none of the above

Author Topic: Which Team gets Yielded?  (Read 6451 times)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Which Team gets Yielded?
« on: April 27, 2005, 07:32:12 AM »
The CBS web site says that a team will get yielded next episode.  What are your thoughts on you it might be?

I'll start.

Rob and Amber.  The case for:  Nobody likes them.  Rob is performing the bus roadblock and needs to catch up.  The case against:  The episode title mentions the devil make them do it.  I think the title refers to the yielder and no one needs any help from the devil to yield Rob.

Gretchen and Meredith.  The case for:  It appears to be darker while Meredith is performing the roadblock.  Meredith is performing the roadblock.  I could see some one citing the devil when yielding this team.  The case against:  They are shown with Uchenna and Joyce at the rowboats.  I can't see U&J yielding them.  The other two teams don't see them as a threat.

Uchenna and Joyce:  The case for:  Uchenna is wearing the same type of clothing at the rowboats as in RaceyGirl's pic.  Maybe they come in last but this is a non elim.  I could see some one citing the devil when yielding this team.  The case against:  Joyce is performing the roadblock.  It looks like the roadblock comes last.  So, if they were behind by being yielded, then I think Uchenna would park the bus.

Ron and Kelly:  The case for:  No evidence  The case against:  Kelly is performing the roadblock.  I don't think anyone would cite the devil when yielding them.

Hopefully we'll get more info when the preview is posted at cbs.com.

edited to add a poll only thanks , puddin
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 10:16:55 AM by puddin »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Which Team gets Yielded?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 07:49:56 AM »
Without much evidence, I'd bet on M/G yielding Romber.  "The devil made me do it" sounds like something Gretchen might say.  Besides, if U/J and M/G can keep their lead, it would give them the opportunity to yield Romber.

But, as we've seen, yielding doesn't have much effect on the race, except perhaps for Colin/Christie whose game was put off by their yield.

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 08:01:45 AM »
I know I would love to see Romber yielded by anyone.  He has set himself up perfectly for this.  The yield is typically before the first major (roadblock or detour) task, so it will be interesting to see, if there is a bunching beforehand getting to London.  I think anyone in front of Romber would yield them.  I also think Romber would yield anyone, just to do it. 

I must not have looked in the right place on the CBS Website, I did not see where it was mentioned that there was a yield.  Could you point me in the right direction please Pedaler?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 08:32:30 AM »
Krazi,  It's on the main Amazing Race page right under the photo of Ron and Kelly at the pit stop.

Correction  Go to cbs.com and click on the Amazing Race tab.  Then you'll see the photo and yield info
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 09:03:31 AM by Pedaler »

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 08:53:06 AM »
TAR newbie here, so I'm having a hard time wondering why anyone would decide to yield a team out of spite, as opposed to a bigger threat. It just seems dumb to take that chance.
Plus, I'm all for helping people out, by why in God's name would U/J do a detour for another team, like Uchenna is doing for Meredith, when that team is their closest competition at this point Wouldn't it be in their best interest to not help them stay in the race?

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 09:06:20 AM »
I think it is brilliant strategy by Uchenna & Joyce to help Meredith & Gretchen.  Out of the four teams left they definitely pose the least threat.  It's one of those situations where you are positive that you can beat them anyways so why not try to help them into the Final Two with you. 

I have a feeling Ron & Kelly are the next team to get eliminated so I am going to say that they get yielded by Rob & Amber.  I just can see Rob saying in that Boston accent, "The Devil made me do it" as he yields a team he had previously had an alliance.  Besides, they haven't backstabbed anyone badly in this game yet.  They are due.

BTW, here is a link to the recap up on the main page. 

http://www.realityfanforum.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=280
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 09:24:47 AM »
I agree i think Uchenna is helping M/G to get them to the final 3....only thing is I do nto think they will have as much of a lead at that point.... I think there will be some bunching.

I think Romber get yielded.  If they are not then I can see Rob yeilding ron and Kelly.  Di dyou see how amber and Kelly really did not talk while they were waiting on the guys?

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 11:12:35 AM »
I agree i think Uchenna is helping M/G to get them to the final 3....only thing is I do nto think they will have as much of a lead at that point.... I think there will be some bunching.

I think Romber get yielded.  If they are not then I can see Rob yeilding ron and Kelly.  Di dyou see how amber and Kelly really did not talk while they were waiting on the guys?
my thoughts exactly. uchenna and joyce want m/g in the finals with them. i think even if it meant losing to them. not likely if there is the traditional foot race at the end. they may have just enough of a lead left to keep them in front of the other two teams before the yield.

if the teams know that this is the last yield in the race, someone is going to use it. even if only to get a little bit more ahead. the most likely in my mind is ron/kelly yielding their perceived competetion, rob and amber or vice versa. they don't think of the other two teams as threats at this point, especially to the end. wiping out the other team means they have a better shot at winning. the bit with the girls waiting convinced me that they really aren't as tight. or maybe it was the stress of knowing that they were the last two teams?

all in all, will be most fun next week.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 11:13:18 AM »
Since I am pretty sure that the ROADBLOCK comes late in the day (it is getting dark and the Millenium Dome lights are coming on behind Gretchen) it looks like Rob and Amber and Ron and Kelly are driving the buses before M/G and U/J. So if anyone was yielded at the Detour, they have caught up. If R/A were yielded it didn't do anyone any good since they now seem to be at the Roadblock before the others.

So my guess is that Rob and Amber or Ron and Kelly yielded Uchenna and Joyce just before the Roadblock which accounts for them being there so late. M/G are late just because they always seem to mess up on directions and run late. An hour difference at 3PM would really make a difference.

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 11:18:29 AM »

my thoughts exactly. uchenna and joyce want m/g in the finals with them. i think even if it meant losing to them. not likely if there is the traditional foot race at the end. they may have just enough of a lead left to keep them in front of the other two teams before the yield.

maybe so, I'm not that TAR savvy, but Lynn and Alex also helped M/G, with cabs and directions, possibly money, and now they are out of the race. I wonder if they'd have let M/G flounder on their own,( and you saw them back into that 'lost' form last night when they got back on their own without U/J...wandering around looking for clues lol) if it wouldn't be L/A in that second slot in M/Gs place right now

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 11:35:28 AM »
I agree...  glad M/G maded it final 3, but every episode they seem to be lost...not saying I would not.  But this is either setting them up for being fourth out  or showing that U/J help them the whole rest of the way only to beat them in the end

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 11:50:46 AM »
I agree...  glad M/G maded it final 3, but every episode they seem to be lost...not saying I would not.  But this is either setting them up for being fourth out  or showing that U/J help them the whole rest of the way only to beat them in the end

you mean final four?

I'm missing alot of stuff in here like the flights and traveling and also the task at the London Eye but I'll take a stab at it...

So Detour comes first, R. Kelly and YKW surge ahead and finishes the Detour before Janay's Parents and Team Gretchen thus receiving a clue to go to the Roadblock with a warning of a Yield ahead. Janay's Parents have no idea that the Yield is in the leg so they decide toi help out the struggling Team Gretchen and then leaves after thinking that they have helped enough. Team Gretchen struggles to finish even with Janay's Dad's help but soon finishes and makes their way to the Millenium Dome (?).

Janay's Parents figure out that they got Yielded by a) YKW or b) R. Kelly. They wait until it gets darker and Team Gretchen also arrives. Team Gretchen finishes before Janay's Parents and so they get robbed by Phil.

With the Roadblock looking like it might have the same rule as the Key Task in China last season (there's a time limit), this Yield can really hurt a team, especially one that is already lagging so I won't be suprised if Team Gretchen gets yielded because its just another 500 pounds on their elephant. But with RaceyGirl's picture of Janay's Parents with plastic bags, I think they're the ones who get mugged.

fire away

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 07:20:28 PM »
The producers sure aren't making it easy to figure out this stuff.  I went back and looked at the other two yield legs to see when the racers knew a yield was upcoming.

Yield #1 :  They found the yield warning at the first clue box outside the pit stop in Santiago.

Yield #2 :  They found the yield warning at the first clue box in Lucknow (second clue box overall, first clue box was outside the pit stop in Botswana)

I think Rob and Amber make their "big gamble" after they see the yield warning because they feel that all of the other teams would yield them.  Seeing Amber smiling dressed with the Sherlock Holmes gear makes me think that they get to the yield box first.  I don't think they will be involved in the yield.

I'm now leaning toward Kelly as being the yielder of U&J.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 08:42:11 PM »
Whats bugging me is the Title " the Devil made me do it " screams Rob . Romber have not had a title yet .. Gretchen had 5 , Bianca & Deb 1 , Ron & Kelly 1 , Alex & Lynn 1 or 2 ? , Maybe you guys can help me fill in the blanks..

Season 7 
 Courteous? This Is a Race! ~ Deb or Bianca ( pretty sure ?)
 The Whole Country Hates Me ~ Alex or Lynn
 Do You Need Some Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation ~ Gretchen
 What a Gaucho You Are ~ Gretchen
 I've Been Wanting a Face-Lift for a Long Time ~ Gretchen
 Houston, We Have An Elephant ~ Ucheena
 They Saved the Eyeball ~ Gretchen ? ( I'm pretty sure  ? )
 Mow'em Down Like Grass ~ Ron
We Have A Bad Elephant! ~ Gretchen
 We Got a Gnome! We Got a Gnome! ~ Joyce
 The Devil Made Me Do It  ________?

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 12:55:57 PM »
oh yeah, good catch puddin'. i'm beginning to think that rombre does yield j/u and that's how they get mugged. could it be back to back non-elims? cool.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 01:15:29 PM »
 I think this is an elimination with the last episode down to three.. I'm getting big hinkie feelings in my gut that Romber are going to win this afterall  ]:, . I'm going to "guess" and say that Rob yields Ron & Kelly  [^/ .

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 01:15:33 PM »
Yield #1 :  They found the yield warning at the first clue box outside the pit stop in Santiago.

Pedaler, actually they were warned about that yield at the clue box that was never aired.  We got to see that cluebox in the promos that came before the show.  It was in front of a small lake up in the Andes.

The actual text of the clue that they got in Santiago was posted at TWoP in the timeline thread.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 01:23:56 PM »
Chateau,  Are you saying that the editors are playing tricks with us?  I watched the beginning of the episode again and you hear Rob say "warning, Yield ahead" at the clue box in Santiago.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 01:49:31 PM »

"Read the Clue"

Just kidding.

But really, I freeze framed the shots of the clue and you can see the text.  It says

Drive yourselves through
the Andes Mountains to
Argentine and find Parque
Provincial Aconcagua.  Once
there follow the footpath to
Laguna Espero to find your
next clue.

You have $80 for this leg of
the race.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 02:08:42 PM »
Thanks, Chateau.  I knew there was a clue box cut out of the episode because of the Vid caps and the photos at the CBS web site.

I just don't like TPTB playing audio tricks like that.