Author Topic: Angie & Willard on the Early Show  (Read 2311 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Angie & Willard on the Early Show
« on: March 17, 2005, 11:26:07 AM »
Early Show Highlights
Survivor: Palau Episode 5 Cast-Offs
Angie Jakusz and Willard Smith
(SurvivorFever.net 3.17.05)

Segment 1:

Julie Chen:  Angie Jakusz and Willard Smith, good morning.

Angie:  Good morning.

Willard:  Good morning.

Julie Chen:   All right, where to begin.  Willard are you angry about being voted off the island?

Willard:  Not a bit.  Had I been them, I would have done the same thing.

Julie Chen:  Why, cause you were dragging them down?

Willard:  I was physically weak.  I had some problems that you didn't see on there on day three that really put me down that I never really recovered from.  I had some problems with heat exhaustion, with my feet.  If I had been them I would have chopped me up on day four and used me for shark bait.

Julie Chen:  That's a nice attitude which I don't think Angie is going to be saying.  Now, Angie, you must be upset about not still being in the game.

Angie:  Yeah, I'm a little miffed because the immunity kind of came out of nowhere.  We weren't really warned about that or anything.  We were like ok, so we have to go, we don't get food, we have to vote somebody out.  And then like "oh we just got to lay this on you, too.  We have immunity for somebody and it's not you".

Julie Chen:  Immunity went to somebody that you had agreed to vote off, Ibrehem.

Angie:  I know!

Julie Chen:  So when he put on that necklace and he got immunity, did you, Angie, have any idea that it would end up being you walking away?

Angie:  Oh I totally had an idea.  Because it was like, there is only so many people left, like five of us.  There's only so many heads that can go around.  I was like "oh, no, we have no backup plan".   We never talked about, well if it's not Ibrehem then who?  I didn't even expect it to be a tie between me and Bobby Jon but it was.  I was blown away by that.

Julie Chen:  So that gave you a little bit of hope?

Angie:  Until I figured out it was Bobby Jon, the coconut getter.  I had no chance against the coconut getter.

Julie Chen:  Were you at all, Willard, relieved because you were not in the best shape.

Willard:  No, I was very frustrated. The only time you are penalized for being weak is before the merge.  And if you can get to the merge, which I was hoping to do by simply having Koror win all the challenges, it becomes something less of a liability.  So no, I was not particularly happy to go.  From day four on I felt like somebody who is having a bad dream where you are trying to run fast and you can't.  You just go slower and slower.  It's very frustrating.  I'm not normally that weak and feeble as I appeared out there.  It's very, very frustrating.

Julie Chen:  How about for you, Angie.  Were you at all relieved to not have to suffer through this cut-throat competition?  Was any part of your brain thinking, "now I get to stay in a hotel".
Angie:  No I was frustrated because I felt like that I was playing so hard that I deserved to be there a little bit longer.  I was not in the mindset of leaving that night at all.

Julie Chen:  And you really turned things around for yourself. You were the last person picked on your team.  At least you got picked, unlike the other two who had to go back to the United States.  And you did work so hard to turn it around.  Is there anything you could have done differently to still be in the game right now?

Angie:  I don't think at this point there's anything I could have done.  By the time we got to that tribal council I just kind of regret not making different choices in terms of who I aligned myself with.  And just not have a backup plan.  What happens if Ibrehem doesn't go.  What next.

Julie Chen:  No regrets then about playing the game, from either of you?

Willard:  Oh, none.

Julie Chen:  You'd do it all over again?

Angie:  Oh, totally.

Julie Chen:  He's hesitating.

Willard:  I would still play the game.

Segment 2:

Rene Syler:   Angie and Willard are back to take some viewer phone calls.  Let me start by asking you this.  Is it true that you told people that you were not a lawyer but a mailman?

Willard:  Yes.

Rene Syler:  Why?

Willard:  Uh, by and large, everybody hates lawyers and most lawyers know it. There were three lawyers on the show.  None of them told people what they did.  Jolanda, Caryn and me.

Rene Syler:  Really?  Nobody fessed up that they were lawyers?

Willard:  Jolanda said something like "I help people".  Well that's one way to put it.  And Caryn was like "I'm involved in a non-profit that helps people".  That was just not cynical enough for me.  I said, "I'm just humble mailman".  Which I was when I was in college.

Rene Syler:  So it wasn't completely a lie?

Willard:  I knew the job.

Viewer Call For Angie:  Angie you were my favorite.  Why did you and the tribe not go after James?

Angie:  I'm not really sure...

Rene Syler:  Do you mean last night because he messed up?

Caller:  I just don't think he was a strong player.  You and Stephenie were definitely the stronger players. 

Angie: I think just in terms of what was happening on the show at the time... James we thought would be easier to get off later in the show than someone like Ibrehem or Bobby Jon, who's very big, very tough. James, he was an easier person to go against in the individual challenges later on in the show if we made it to the merge.

Rene Syler:  And since we have the camera trained on you, let me ask you, you're probably the most pixelated person on Survivor.  You had the teeny, teeny bikini.  What was the deal there, did you not have a bigger bikini?

Angie:  We got dropped off in our clothes, literally just what we were wearing.  I had a really great swimsuit I was gonna like wear.  But no, no, no.  Just the clothes we were wearing.  I had jean shorts but I wanted to keep them dry so I could wear them at night and just wear as little as possible during the day and keep all my nice dry clothes for when it was colder at night.

Rene Syler:  Which you did, you wore as little as possible.

Viewer Call For Willard:  Willard were you aware that an alliance had formed between Gregg, Jenn, Janu and Coby?  Would you have tried to be a part of it?

Willard:  I did not know that until I saw the episode last night.  And I'm not clear when it happened.  If it was before they made the decision to vote me off or afterwards.  Oh yeah, I would have jumped at any opportunity to be part of five.

Viewer Call For Angie:  Angie, I thought you were awesome in all the challenges.  I'm wondering, how did you feel when you saw that Stephenie voted against you last night in the final vote?

Angie:  I kinda knew it was coming.  I was really happy because me and Steph had a kind of a mini-alliance, we were the only two girls left.  She didn't originally vote for me, we both voted for Bobby Jon, which I thought was pretty surprising because I thought everybody was going to vote for me.  And so I knew at the end that she was just doing what she had to do.  You have this one person who is moderately strong, moderately good around camp, I did what I could.  But then you have Bobby Jon who is like the work horse.  Everything was all about "I'm gonna do this and do this and get the coconuts".  He provided all the food.  You couldn't kick him off.  You can't get rid of him.

thanks to~ {^[
http://www.survivorfever.net/s10_es_episode5.html

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Angie & Willard on the Early Show
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 11:46:06 AM »
 :<(  thanks, puddin!!  i had to miss it this am, so glad to see this!!  }bH{  happy day to you!!  let's get pinched!!! ]t{

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 01:51:32 PM »
Why don't they have two segments for every castoff?

And what is this about getting pinched?
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 01:56:01 PM »
good article ~ thanks

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 02:04:19 PM »
Too bad you couldn't see the scenes they showed with Angie and her blurs.  *%#

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 12:42:06 AM »
Thanks for posting.  I did end up seeing this interview and I enjoyed the parts when Angie was speaking.  I felt bad she was voted off because she worked hard in all the challenges and did well.  I bet this won't be the last we see of her in Reality TV land.  I am sure she will end up somewhere else.

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 11:04:46 PM »
Yea, Angie and Lex on TAR!   *%#