Author Topic: Mario Vazquez has quit American Idol!  (Read 5788 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Mario Vazquez has quit American Idol!
« on: March 14, 2005, 12:06:17 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Mario Vazquez has quit American Idol!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 02:12:47 PM »
thanks Rob ...I did not know about this untill I watched Good Day Live..hmmm any thoughts? Mo Money maybe ? He does not want to be tied down to An AI contract and is looking for big bucks ..maybe someone already offered him a real deal? ?  *(^

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 02:38:59 PM »
OMG ..... Mario has been my pick to win it for several weeks now!!!!  |(

I can't help but feel there is some fishy going on here, since even his own mother doesn't understand it. I hope Mario isn't making a huge mistake that he will regret for a long time to come!!!   }}
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 03:04:47 PM by tanbuns »

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 02:51:53 PM »
He is making a huge mistake! I can't believe he wouldn't want a MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT! What a fool! He had it hands down! Maybe he was bribed to quit somehow. Maybe someone had info on him and forced him to quit.

BTW, puddin, Good Day Live is canceled after this week!

Rob

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 03:00:24 PM »
Mario is making his rounds with the press today, and was on Good Day New York (FOX 5 in NYC) and said that "'American Idol' was only positive. They were only wonderful to me, from the beginning through the middle, to the end," he told the show. "It had nothing to do with the contract or anything at all. I just needed to take care of some things in my life that needed to be focused on."

Vazquez said he wanted to surprise his mother but the media beat him to the punch. "I wanted to tell her face to face and let her know it was OK," he said.

As for his "personal reasons," Vazquez declined to elaborate.

Vazquez is still under contract with 19 Entertainment, although spokespeople for the show were not immediately able to reveal details of the contract. Past contestants have said the contract forbids them from signing with another manager or record label unless they are released from 19.

"I know I disappointed many fans, but it's all for the best, it really is, and I hope they know and understand and respect my privacy with that as well," he said. "It was a very, very hard decision, just thinking about everyone in the competition, who are my friends first, before competitors. It was a lot to think about, but my intuition told me I need to focus on personal things in my life. That meant I couldn't continue in the competition."

Vazquez did let it slip to the FOX affiliate that he "had some feelings, thinking about the process," and that "it wasn't right for me."

Offline Spooky

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 03:32:21 PM »
I hope everything is OK in his life and wish all the best for him. Although he was not my favorite, I thought he was very talented and had a great voice. I found another artical about his departure.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/41076.htm
"Cats work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause the most inconvenience."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 05:56:57 PM »
He is making a huge mistake! I can't believe he wouldn't want a MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT! What a fool! He had it hands down! Maybe he was bribed to quit somehow. Maybe someone had info on him and forced him to quit.

Rob

I know Rob ..its sad ..first Seacrests show and now Good Day Live  :':') ..I wonder if the ratings went down after Julliane whats her face left? I will miss it because this is where I get my AI tidbits and current tv show tidbits from ..poo
What you said about Mario ..my BF having the  ]//{ instincts was leaning towards something like this ..maybe he is hiding something and fears that it would be revealed if he were to stay in the public eye .Could be that he lied about something on his application too ?

Offline tjhfr

• No Posts Yet :(
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 01:20:43 PM »
The latest word is that he quit American Idol because he got offered a record deal from P. Diddy. So don't be surprised to see him on Bad Boy soon. Yes, he's still under contract with American Idol, but that supposedly expires in August. Basically, he can't put out an album until August.

Now, he doesn't have to deal with that American Idol crap, nor the crappy contract, nor Simon Cowell being the executive producer of his album. Notice that both Kelly and Clay left their original deals as well. Mario did the smart thing. He's gotten more press than any other American Idol contestant who didn't make the final two.

Mario's probably in the studio with Diddy right now.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 02:48:18 PM »
I have heard that too, and was working on a news article, just as you posted that! Where did you hear about the P. Diddy thing? I heard about it from the NY Post?!

Rob

Offline tjhfr

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 11:52:50 PM »
I heard it from a friend, who would kill me if I told how she knows because she could lose her job for spilling her guts B:)

Offline tjhfr

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 11:57:07 PM »
Puddin..I too was very sad when Ryans show went off the air I still have many many fond memories of that show

http://www.joemac.com/themedia/

go to that site and scroll down to Ryan Seacrest ]#* ]**] =]/ __*^

Rob

I know Rob ..its sad ..first Seacrests show and now Good Day Live  :':') ..I wonder if the ratings went down after Julliane whats her face left? I will miss it because this is where I get my AI tidbits and current tv show tidbits from ..poo
What you said about Mario ..my BF having the  ]//{ instincts was leaning towards something like this ..maybe he is hiding something and fears that it would be revealed if he were to stay in the public eye .Could be that he lied about something on his application too ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 12:44:28 AM »
thanks for sharing the link tammy  ]*[

Offline tjhfr

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 03:09:25 AM »
I had purly selfish reasons....My hair has grown out past my sholders and I have lost almost 50 lbs since then, so I love to look back and be like yep I looked good then and I look even better now }bis{
thanks for sharing the link tammy  ]*[

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005, 10:16:29 AM »
Tammy I'm having a hard time figuring out which one is you? Can you point me in the right direction?
btw ... |*| =)* congratulations..you go girl  ]#*