Author Topic: TAR7 EP4 title~ " What a Gaucho you are "  (Read 19329 times)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: TAR7 EP4 title~ " What a Gaucho you are "
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2005, 07:21:44 PM »
Taregen,  I think you're on to something.  This link http://www.romartraveler.com/RomarPages/BuenosAires.html shows a ferris wheel on the water.  The article also mentions that El Tigre has lots of canals which may match up with the vidcap showing Ray and Deana ? walking next to one at night.

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2005, 07:37:15 PM »
Gaucho is also how people who live in the south of Brazil are called, so maybe they came here in Brazil...

A Gaucho is a cowboy of the South American pampas, and the Pampas is the vast grassy plains of northern Argentina.

I'm guessing that this quote is said by one of the boyfriends as one does the roadblock (hence the cowboy but other teams could have said it as well..

Good observation....i bet they ahve to stay on the broncing horse for the 8 seconds....That will be hard.

Then why would Deana be just riding the horse around...?

And about the ferris wheel... I've been searching far and wide for about an hour now and couldn't find anything, I still think its in Argentina though but since shipwrecks are all over the place there its hard to narrow it down

EDIT: possibly here? http://www.primatesofpanama.org/pictures/environment/aeriallbl2.jpg   its the Tigre Islands around Buenos Aires
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 07:40:23 PM by goodyingbadyang »

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »
Awsome info. Welcome to the board!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2005, 08:10:12 PM »
Welcome goodyingbadyang   _^% ..it would be very funny if alex & lynn were responsable for the title   {l{..not sure though they just had a title EP2 you never know ?

looking at this cap , I hope they don't have to jump that white whatever they call it equestrian thingy  ? Unless is just the posts where they keep the horses tied?

The Criollo horse, handiness and endurance
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 09:35:28 PM by puddin »

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2005, 09:10:17 PM »
Pedaler, that picture with the ferris wheel matches up with the map of the amusement park I found. From looking at the picture in the preview I'm pretty sure that is a ferris wheel and not some other type of ride.

I think the episode will go like this:
Pit Stop to Roadblock (Bronco Riding)
Drive Self to Buenos Aires
Get clue search for shipwreck
Get clue fly to London (based on previous spoilers)
Detour in London
Pit Stop in London

The pic of S/P has to be the following night - they arrived very late and are going to leave in broad daylight (based on the fact that Lynn and Alex arrived at 3:20ish pm). M/G pic could be late in the afternoon there still seems to be a good amount of light glinting of their heads.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 09:21:17 PM by Traegen »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2005, 09:34:19 PM »
Good job on the ferris wheel guys..

Is this old ?
#14 see the tall building in the middle ?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 10:55:56 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2005, 09:52:47 PM »
I can't wait to get out of South America  )_^>
El Tigre

"Delta del Tigre"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 11:01:19 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2005, 10:51:48 PM »

lots of good stuff here , I searched Delta del Tigre ..thanks again guys  |#'

http://www.camiguti.com/buenos%20aires/buenos_aires_gallery.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 11:53:57 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2005, 12:59:24 PM »
Don't know if this helps..they certainly do not look like regular riding horses..
Greg graduated from Auburn University with a B.S. in Radio, Television and Film. In addition to earning his degree, Greg also saw playing time as a walk-on football player at Auburn. Competitive like his brother, Greg’s favorite hobbies are playing basketball with his brother, tennis and horseback riding.
#15 Which Bro is this?

Why would he put his wife on a horse?
Uchenna grew up in Los Angeles and now works as an energy broker in Houston. Uchenna and his wife have been through some challenging financial and emotional times as of late. After several failed attempts to get pregnant, they tried in-vitro fertilization, but it was unsuccessful. Uchenna describes himself as competitive and extroverted, and he enjoys basketball, scuba diving and horseback riding.

Offline NotNow

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2005, 08:18:45 PM »
OMG NotNow `/~
Strike Out Confirmed as A joke only

From TVRealitySpoiler.com…

( Im searching for the site now..brb,  no such site ,so take it for what its worth  I wish the poster of the this would come back to confirm or correct it or something  (%#)

TVREALITYSPOILER.COM

AR7-Week 4 promises to be a great week for those fans who despise Romber, bad week for their admirers. Seems that Rob’s schemimg and risk taking backfires on him. Won’t say that Romber is out, but you won’t be seeing them week 5! Team “Brothers” improve coming in 1st, followed by the “Boys” then Mom and Son. Don’t let these results keep you from watching… this episode is fast moving and keeps you on the edge for the entire hour
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 01:36:30 PM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2005, 08:24:43 PM »
I just can't see any way that Susan and Patrick can come in third so I don't believe the spoiler.  They finished too far behind the leading teams last leg.  I know there's always some bunching but I just can't see them making the same flight to Buenos Aires (?) that we see Uchenna/Joyce and Ron/Kelly on.

The spoiler is dubious at best..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2005, 09:01:20 PM »
Right guys I agree , Pat & Sue are at least 8 hours behind . If there is a FF this week they would not stand a chance getting to it first ..we know the other teams want to make up lost time . I'm not saying they come in last ..just no way third  (%#

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2005, 10:12:50 PM »
The only way I can see S/P catching up is if there is an FF that no one else goes for and they get ahead - but not to the top of the pack.

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2005, 10:26:11 PM »

Yeah, but if your so far behind, how can you know nobody has gone for the FF. You'd have to try it. Losing even more time.

In the last few seasons, its the first team that goes for it Colin, Adam & Bolo. Or the last team when they are bunched and nobody went for it Brandon & Nicole.

So, no FF miracle for S&P.

Also FF saves you some time, but not 6 hours.

The only team I'd see trying for the FF would be Romber. They know where the other teams are so they wouldn't be much risk (they'd lose maybe 30-40 minutes).

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2005, 05:48:31 AM »
That "spoiler" from the fake site doesn't jive with Romber being seen in Africa (where is *that* spoiler located in the forum?), or is there some coincidence with the "Rob gets hurt" "spoiler"?

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2005, 10:53:37 AM »

The more I think about it, the more likely Romber goes for the fast forward.

I'm expecting bunching of the top teams in the morning. That means its risky for them to go for the fast forward, since they could end up not getting to it.

Maybe the later teams are not bunched. If Rob knows that, then goiing for the FF would be the aggressive move were looking for.

I can just imagine how pissed off Alex would be if he showed up at the pitstop expecting first and find out Romber got there first!!! Hahaha So funny.

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2005, 01:38:14 PM »
 :)) thanks for the update Ottopart ..we were not fooled by this joke  }^!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2005, 05:21:45 PM »
I think that's Patrick in vidcap #52!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2005, 07:47:33 PM »
Thank you ,banzai  }^! Awesome you made my day !!
Agreed thats Patrick #52 skinny arms and same Tshirt as cap #65
#66 hard to say ..with the guide and camara man ..guessing for now the  Shipwreck /Photo hunt whatever what the teams think is the faster Detour Task since Ray mentions that he is embarressed to be in the back of the pack so would opt maybe for what he thinks is the faster one ..then of course we see Pat & Mom a night running near water.

We can place Merdith/Gretchen Urcheena/Joyce Ray/Deana Romber  maybe Pat & mom at the Detour .

Just saw a promo/ Romber for sure doing the shipwreck detour and then the Bro's high fiving each other somewhere  ( will watch for it again  )

Off to look for trains and subways [<[
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 08:01:08 PM by puddin »

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2005, 08:28:41 PM »
Great as always Banzai!!!  |5|

Does this look like Greg also doing the horse Roadblock?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2005, 11:11:04 PM »
Just my two cents but I think the photo of the brothers is in El Tigre.  It looks like they are on a sandy beach.  The object  in the background could be key.  I think this could be the other detour choice.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2005, 12:20:58 AM »
Nice job on the video & Vidcaps banzai  ]*[ The Gaucho/Horseback ..assuming its Pampa

I always assumed this was a horse ? maybe not ? the trees look different ..good catch Pedaler ..it just maybe ?

what I see now ..this is from the above clip , not a horse a Gaucho with a poncho , I think )_^>

From banzai's video ( Joyce falling off the horse ) Gaucho with a poncho
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 12:53:58 AM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2005, 12:37:49 PM »
What do we have so far?

(1) ROADBLOCK seems to be the horsey-do which looks like it happens early in morning for some teams, therefore probably is in the Pampas area near Mendoza site of the Pit Stop. It looks like the rider has to race through a course around a series of barrels or a slalom race course, and at the end they must pass under a wire perhaps to grab something hanging. This may be a timed event and the rider has to complete the task in a predetermined time.  From the looks of the previews some teams do this early in the morning and others much later almost to noon time.

(2) The question is do they go directly to the horse ranch or do they have to find a famous landmark such as a statue of General San Martin first.

(3) The next event we have a preview of is the race around the various waterways in the Delta del Tigre area north of Buenos aires.

(4) The question is how do the teams get from Mendoza to El Tigre? Train or Bus? The scenes 19, 20, 21, and 22 show teams riding in some kind of conveyance but certainly not an airplane (windows are too big and there are no pole to stand next to on an airplane. Perhaps they drive. Does anyone know how far it is from Mendoza to BA? If there is a flight, this would be another natural bunching point of which we always seem to have at least one in each ep.

(5) The DETOUR, or at least one part of the detour seems to be to find a ship wreck that matches the picture they have received. The boat is being driven by a boatman and I guess the teams tell him where to go which tributary or stream to head up. This is similar to previous tasks.

(6) The question is if this is one task of the Detour, what is the other task?

(7) I do not think that Romber take the FF since there is a shot of them in a rubber boat racing some other team. If it were the FF they would not be racing another team nor would they be doing the same task as the other teams.

Just some thoughts to ponder over the weekend.