Ron & Kelly
Debbie & Bianca
Brian & Gregg
Urchenna & Joyce
Lynn & Alex
Pat & Mom
Ray & Deena
Non-Elim

Author Topic: Episode 3 "Do You Need Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation?"  (Read 25537 times)

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
Re: Episode 3 "Do You Need Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation?"
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2005, 11:41:29 AM »
I think episode 5 is way to early to have a recrap episode ..... not much yet to recap!!!!  (%#

And in TAR6, episode 3 is where we saw the first Yield, but no one used it!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2005, 03:06:17 PM »
Your right Tanbuns .. vidcap 101 & 105 and maybe 100 sure do look like the pitstop ..I've been searching for that cobble/tiled surface ..no luck finding the exact picture ..fwiw Mendoza has 5 plaza's and cobbled type streets ..without going back to read I think this was already mentioned Mendoza ... with that im off to South America again  ( google ) :<(

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2005, 03:13:15 PM »
The bus shown in screen cap #36 has "396 Gabriela-Alameda 396" on its front.  I Googled that and got this article about a bus killing a pedestrian.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2005, 03:20:58 PM »
Great  Chateau d If ..this maybe were Pat & Mom are lost ? Before they leave Chile ? I need to google a map  {l{

for reference ( because I have no sense of direction whatsoever)

link http://www.nextstoprabongo.nildram.co.uk/Northern%20Argentina%20map.gif
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 03:42:06 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2005, 03:45:09 PM »
And the river raft (#15) has "MENDOZA RAFTING" on its bow.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline S1mOne

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2005, 05:22:15 PM »
I saw the word rafting but I can't make out the word Mendoza.
Here's their website and their photos match. http://www.mendozarafting.com/
thanks Chateau_d_If ]#*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2005, 07:07:17 PM »
Good eyes Chateau d If  |#' !

close ..just to get an idea of what I'm looking for ,I know its not the same

http://users.frii.com/mrobbins/BigTrip/hikes/mendoza.html

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2005, 07:35:18 PM »
Super effort Chateau d If, S1mOne, and Pudding.  Catching that raft name helps develop a time sequence.

It looks like they have to drive to Mendoza, Argentina.  Puddin, here's a highway map for Chile http://www.viajeporchile.cl/vers_eng/mapa_de_chile/mapa5.htm.  The racers will be drving from Santiago past Portillo into Argentina.  It looks straightforward in the sense that you have to drive North and then East, but Mom and Son must have messed up somewhere.

Here's another map showing the way to Mendoza http://www.viajeporchile.cl/vers_eng/mapa_de_chile/mapa5.htm

So it appears that they drive to the Chile/Argentina border in the Andes and then hike.  They then go rafting before undertaking the eating roadblock.  I still can't determine if the detour is hike or bike   or   raft or bike.

The photo in Mendoza with Rob and Amber from allyourtv.com http://www.allyourtv.com/gallery/a/amazingrace7the/03152005b.html has me perplexed.  Why would they be smiling and not running?  Even last week during their win, they hustled to the pit stop.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2005, 09:19:56 PM »
I saw a commercial on during the NCAA basketball games today, and it clearly showed Ray & Deana rafting!!!!

I'm pretty sure this is a vidcap from that commerical .......

Offline S1mOne

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2005, 10:29:36 PM »
from banzai

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2005, 12:03:58 AM »
thanks  S1mOne   :)) ..so now we have Sue driving in the daylight with sunglasses ..and Mountains behind her , they make it to the detour .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2005, 03:42:01 AM »

Close

http://www.alvearmendoza.com.ar/plaza2003/plaza.htm

Gaucho dudes~
In Argentina, the legend of the gaucho lives on.

José Cicarelli is a modern-day gaucho. Like his ancestors, he wears a white shirt and tucks his loose-fitting black pants into great leather boots. Unlike his ancestors he also wears a digital watch. He is cooking all manner of beef cuts and sausages over a fire in a smoky little building called the parilla. The parilla, or barbecue pit, is a hut made of mud bricks painted white with a dirt floor and a huge grill inside. "How is the asado going?" I ask him. He gives no answer

http://www.chilepepper.com/articles/view.php?articleID=40
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 04:17:43 AM by puddin »

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2005, 09:42:21 AM »
So, Debbie and Bianca might have chosen the other detour choice? Is that why it doesnt show them with the other teams...it also doesn't show Meredith and Gretchen at the detour.. *(^
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2005, 09:45:34 AM »
In screen cap #30 it looks like Lynn is holding and examining a certain piece of bovine anatomy!

Never mind, I just saw the video in motion and the thing I thought he was holding turns out to be the lapel of his jacket which gets imaged just behind his hand.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 10:18:24 AM by Chateau d If »

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2005, 01:08:52 PM »
IF you got good cardio, the bike should be the best detour choice. But, there's always the chance of a flat (as the brothers have seen). At high altitude, anybody who's not in shape will be wheezing insanely on the bikes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2005, 02:32:37 PM »
Guessing M&G do the bikes

Meredith is a retired executive who spends his time fishing, biking, playing golf and teaching swimming. Father of three sons, Meredith is an avid swimmer who holds seven National Masters Swimming Championship titles. Meredith describes himself as competitive, articulate and compassionate.

Gretchen is a retired flight attendant and registered nurse. Mother of two, Gretchen spends most of her time cooking, biking, gardening and golfing

Deb & Bianca bikes  ..thanks to Chateau
For "who does which detour" I would bet Debbie and Bianca avoid the river rafting. See their Insider video for a full description of a near death experience in the rapids.
( looking through the bios brb)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2005, 03:35:15 PM »
From the two shots of teams in the rafts doing the white water thing it looks like Ray and Deanna in one raft and U/J in another. Each raft has a pair of "guides" behind them with yellow helmets on and a fifth person steering in the stern. But it is hard to tell whether this task is part of the detour or a task all teams must do a la the zipline in Ep.1  But I do not think that it would be bike or hike that seems too extreme. So my guess is that it is peddle or paddle. The clue box is beside the railway line which we have seen the bikers on in the preview. But this looks to be too narrow for a railroad line, but it could be an abandoned rail associated with a mining operation.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2005, 04:30:35 PM »
Very logical deductions about Meredith & Gretchen, GMan!!! And I also saw on their video where Debbie says she is deathly afraid of white water. So you can bet she also does the bikes.

I do see Ray & Deana rafting here .....

I didn't see the vidcap of Uchenna & Joyce rafting, but they probably do, since they are hanging out with Ray & Deana here ....

We know Brian & Greg bike, so probably do Ron & Kelly since they are together here .....

« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 10:56:44 PM by tanbuns »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2005, 10:26:18 PM »
thanks to banzai
Note the different cluebox locations

Alex & Lynn the same

Romber

heres Brian & Gregg
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 10:49:44 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2005, 10:02:42 PM »
Lets see if we can pull all the threads together and knit some kind of cloth which makes sense.

Again, this week there are a lot of holes in our story but we do seem to have a pretty good idea of where they start (Santiago,Chile) and where they end (Mendoza, Argentina). It is the road in between that is not so clear. So lets begin again at the beginning.

The first team to arrive at the Neptune Fountain in Santiago, Chile was Rob and Amber. From the lack of shadows it looks like it is close to high noon. As the other teams arrive the shadows begin to lengthen but not dramatically. So we can assume that the task was completed around noon time. So that means that again the next leg will begin in the dead of night.

And we do see Rob and Amber taking that cab in the middle of the night as Debbie and Bianca seem to be inside a hotel lobby asking directions for some place at the hotel desk. Now this is the first interesting thing for this leg. Rob and Amber arrived first and Debbie and Bianca were the sixth team to arrive, but now they are now together.

Where do they go with the taxi so early in the morning? Some speculate that they are going to the airport and fly to Mendoza, but this does not seem to match other footage that we will be seeing. So they may have a place to visit to pick up their next clue (if this is the case, there probably will be a major bunching waiting for the place to open after sunrise.)

Next we have Susan and Patrick driving in a nice new SUV of some sort. And from the looks of things it is early in the morning through the streets of Santiago. And later we see them driving with mountain scenery through the windows and the sun is now almost directly in Susan's eyes. We also have been told that they become completely lost and drive two hours in the wrong direction. If they then retrace their route they would be at least four or more hours behind everyone else. This will be a major handicap to overcome. And, in fact, this is the last we see of them in the previews.

So is the first task to do something in Santiago and then find their cars and drive up the mountain road from Santiago through Los Andes reaching the border at Portill. This would be a five to six hour drive. Here the road is that famous switchback to beat all switchbacks up to the border with Argentina at the Paso de los Libertores.  This is the route that General Jose de San Martin took from Mendoza in 1817 when he led the Argentine army to drive the Spanish out of Chile and Peru. (More about this later).

The next we know about is seeing the teams walking, hiking, climbing up to the spot where the next clue box is located along side the abandoned tracks of the Transandine Railway which ran from Los Andes, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina. The interesting thing here is that none of the teams have their backpacks with them when they reach this clue box. So are their cars parked somewhere below at a scenic spot? Perhaps the famous natural bridge, Puenta del Inca? Or did they have to leave them at the border (no customs clearance for the cars? and walk to this site which may not be far away, but if this is the case, where are their backpacks?)

This, I think, is the DETOUR clue box. And the tasks seem to be a choice between PEDDLE a bike a certain distance along the railway track or PADDLE a raft through a trecherous white water course on the Rio Mendoza. In any case somewhere along the line they will have to retreave their back packs after they have completed the Detour. It looks like U/J and R/D are doing the rafting. The others looks like bikers. Except for S/P who are missing.

Their next stop may be the Parque Provincial Aconcagua where they will meet up with a really typical Argentine Churrasco or barbecue. This is the SUPERSIZED EATING CHALLENGE (not so much gross as first hinted at, but supersized like in the St. Petersburg caviar challenge.) And the Argentine churrasco is tremendous! And endless parade of beef, pork, lamb, sausage, and innerds (as my wife describes them). It could be a super size challenge and we do see everyone having trouble choking down the endless parade of goodies. Except Rob. This is truely CBS misdirection. His "I'm done!" is repeated over and over in the various commercials to give you the hint that he is throwing the challenge, taking a penalty, and perhaps putting he and Amber in danger of being eliminated. BUT, we have a nice sighting of them two or three legs later in South Africa, so do not be misled; I think he is saying he is done with his alliance with Ron and Ray or that he is merely stating that he is done eating.

The pitstop probably is in Mendoza. This would be a nice spot to stop after a very trying and difficult day. Mendoza also leads to the "Gaucho" country hinted at for Leg 4 and also has an international airport which would give the teams an escape route to London where we believe they will end up at the end of Leg 4. In Mendoza they may head for the Parque General San Martin and find the statue of General Jose de San Martin, Mendoza's most famous hero.  He led the army which in February 1817 drove the Spanish out of Chile and Peru. So this nicely ties the first three countries visited by TAR7 together in a nice package.

The big question is where are Susan and Patrick?  Will they be Boloized and saved by a "to be continued?" Once they leave Santiago we do not see them again. We have accounted for all of the teams at the Churassco Detour, but it is not clear how many of these teams are there together. The editing seems to show them all there together, which would mean a major bunching has occurred, or this is just the trick of editing and actually all the teams are not there at the same time.

We have the general outline of tomorrow's episode, but there are a lot of holes that someone else may be able to fill.

Good luck

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2005, 10:21:06 PM »
Great write up as usual, Gman!!! Thank you so much!!!  |5|

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2005, 10:39:05 PM »
Wowow GMan ..outstanding as usual , Thank You   ]*[. Wish that I could help fill in the blanks in somehow ..

( interesting ..that you mention your wife  , shes a very lucky Gal  /*^ )

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2005, 10:41:19 PM »
 *^? Yeah GMan!  >(^ for the insight!   })}  

Ruday  |#'

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2005, 05:55:56 AM »
Was Leg 3 in TAR6 a non-elimination?  wondering if perhaps D/B or M/G are saved this week?

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2005, 07:06:50 AM »
Thanks a lot for the information, Banzai!!! We've been missing you around here!!!!  |5|