Ron & Kelly
Debbie & Bianca
Brian & Gregg
Urchenna & Joyce
Lynn & Alex
Pat & Mom
Ray & Deena
Non-Elim

Author Topic: Episode 3 "Do You Need Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation?"  (Read 25946 times)

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Episode 3 "Do You Need Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation?"
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2005, 06:05:14 AM »
Of course, it all makes sense now (except for Lynn and Alex finishing the Detour and the leg first, who saw that coming?)  Rob's "I'm done" and the idea that someone would try to influence other teams, we shoulda seen it coming.   banzai, picking Uchenna and Joyce to come in first was oh, so close (and I think the only points I'll get in the MW game will be for them finishing the RB first).   Also, we were fooled by shots of MotherBoy in the car.  Sure, they were lost, but not as bad as DeBianca.

I also changed my pick from having the Yield, to neither, sigh....should have stuck with my gut.

All told, great episode.  Of all the teams left, the only other team I wouldn't have been sorry to see go would have been Ray and Deana.  Debbie and Bianca just didn't make an impression.

But I wonder, did they not know Rob stole their cab until seeing last night's episode?  I hope someone asks that in their interviews.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2005, 09:37:13 AM »
I do not think they saw Rob take their taxi ~ not that it made a difference....ALso I am curious even with the 4 hour penalty...how far behind are the teams?  it looks like they were all still close

Even though I do not think much of Deb ~   ]#* for completing that challenge do not think i could have done it!!  ANd Meredith was wanting to do and then smartly decided to stop...knowing it woudl take a while for the others to finish ~ good move.

Sucks the brothers got a flat tire~ funny seeing M/G pass them since they got to the clue box at the same time.  Rob adn Amber were smart to go get some rest at the hotel...

And Phil laughing with Rob about others waiting on taking the penalty.  Rob knew his time penalty had started and the others had to wait for the next people to get there...say what you will Rob was smart in that move!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2005, 10:21:13 AM »
Interesting to know that in the insider clips Pat quit the roadblock and took the four hour penalty counting on Deb & Bianca coming in late and not being able to finish before the 4hour penalty ..but when he saw how well Deb was doing with the meat Pat started eating  ?? They took the four hour penalty but were allowed to go back and do the Roadblock , just doesn't sound like a very good rule to me  *(^

here

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2005, 10:21:34 AM »
i sure hope that puddin' did really, really, really well in mw last night. 'cause i'm going to be right at the bottom...glug, glug, glug... should have changed to deb/bianca going like i thought. just couldn't bring myself to do it. not sure i got very many questions right at all.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2005, 10:24:30 AM »
 :<(  My points may add up to maybe 175 without my team points ..don't know  :':')  I think the other teams ,hoping anyway, will not have done that well either  </] *choke*cough*

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2005, 11:14:06 AM »
I think we all did pretty well in doping out what was going to happen; the only thing that threw us was the CBS was not misleading us so much about Rob and Amber but for once giving us some really straight info. You must hand it to Rob, though, he is the first one to apply Suvrvior skills (?) you know: Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast, to the Amazing Race. He obviously knew the rules and knew just how to play them. He also now realizes that coming in first on each leg is no big deal what with all the bunching waiting for places to open, flights to leave, etc. He and Amber saw a nice three hour lead over the last place team disappear as they all waited for the 5AM opening of the car park. Things may be different next week. There seems to be quite a spread in times that the teams arrive at the pit stop from late afternoon (Lyunn and Alex; Uchenna and Joyce), early evening Rob and Amber, and later at night Meredith and Gretchen, Susan and Patrick. And from the promos we see Uchenna and Joyce doing the horse ride which sure looks like the DETOUR as Uchenna is sitting on a hay bale waiting for Joyce to complete the ride and in the background you can see that the sun is just striking the tops of the trees. Sun rise on November 25 is at 6:20AM and Sun set was at 8:25PM. One Yield has been used so that leave two more. Fast Forward may show up next week. And it is possible that after the Detour they will be given directions to fly to London which is possible directly from Mendoza or by driving to Buenos Aires first. And what a bunch of klutzes Debbie and Bianca were. The directions told them to drive up and across the Andes into Argentina and they calmly dirve along the seacoast for two hours!! before asking directions!! And they were the Spanish speakers in the race.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2005, 06:26:53 PM »
I watched the episode and have a couple of questions.

Both the Pedal and Paddle tasks went one way for 7 miles.  How did they get back to their vehicles?

We had a few vidcaps of some racers with snow capped  Mt. Aconcagua in the background.  I don't recall seeing those scenes in the show.  Did I just miss them or was there some task cut out of the show?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2005, 02:29:43 AM »
When some teams finished the rafting you could see them running to their cars waiting right there.  So, I think production had the cars driven to the detour endpoint.

The first clue that teams got in Santiago actually had text thet directed them to a lake.  It said

"Drive yourselves through
the Andes Mountains to
Argentina and find Parque
Provincial Aconcagua.  Once
there follow the footpath to
Laguna Espero to find your
next clue."

I think that cluebox by the lake was shown in promos but we did not get to see it on the show.  Also, I bet that was where the "warning Yield ahead" was given.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders