Author Topic: Early show 3/1  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Early show 3/1
« on: March 01, 2005, 08:40:18 AM »
Okay I have been watching since 7:30 my time...did I miss them talking about TAR?  Donn't they always talka about the show the morning of?   *%#

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Early show 3/1
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 10:29:16 AM »
I missed it Texan .. I'll look around but all I could find was alot of  B:) B:) B:) from Phil

Stop The Excuses, Live Your Dreams

NEW YORK, March 1, 2005

'Race' Host Talks Fulfillment

No Opportunity Wasted : Creating a List for Life 

(CBS) If you're one of those people who feel life is passing you by and you want to make a change, there's no time like the present.

Phil Keoghan, host of "The Amazing Race" and author of the book "No Opportunity Wasted," and Susan Ungaro, the editor in chief of Family Circle magazine, believe making a change begins with writing it down.

They visit The Early Show's "In The Family Circle" to offer advice. Keoghan wrote an article for the March issue of the magazine entitled "8 Ways to Create the Life You Want."

In it, Keoghan highlights several of the key motivational and inspirational points he features in his book. He also helps readers identify and create a "List for Life" which, according to him, contains all the "meaningful, memorable or just-plain-crazy things you want to do in your lifetime."

"Excuses hold us back," Keoghan says. "It's really easy to make up excuses: I don't have time, no money, family pressures, etc. 'It's 'shoulda, coulda, woulda.' The whole point of the book is to get people past that."

He offers several tips:

Face Your Fear: It's about the journey. Michael Jordan says, "I've failed again and again and again -- that is why I've succeeded." Nobody likes failing, but we usually learn something from every failed experience. You acknowledge the fear head on. You confront the fear. We had a man on our show named Shane Platt who was a diver, but only dived in fresh water. He was afraid of diving in the ocean because of sharks. So he came on our show and faced his fear. Now he's fine.

Get Lost: Everyday, we get caught in a rut and a routine. We all fantasize about escaping from our everyday lives. It's why we enjoy watching such shows as "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race." We all fantasize about doing something crazy and escaping our dull lives. It's the ultimate fantasy. You can do it in extreme forms or smaller forms. For instance, short weekend excursions work. I say, just get out there and do it.

Test Your Limits: Regardless of your age, get the most out of an experience by pushing your capabilities. On the TV show, Scott Bramble was riding horses in a Wild West show in Europe, and one day he had an opportunity to ride a bull, but he chickened out. At first, he didn't want to grow. But he got on that bull, and he's happy as can be.

Take a Leap of Faith: To change your life, you must be willing to take leaps into the void. It's the only way to get to experience many of the great opportunities and experiences that await you. Almost any activity that requires a bold step away from safety, and into the realm of risk, can be thought of as a leap of faith. More often than not, that means an emotional risk, rather then a physical one.

Rediscover Your Childhood: When you are a kid, you're curious; you see things differently. Adults are jaded. Remember what it was like when you were a kid? You used to really get excited about things. When you become an adult, you should never lose that sense of excitement. For instance, my 90-year-old friend water skis barefoot just for the excitement of it.

Shed Your Inhibitions Finding ways to express yourself creatively and passionately can be as exhilarating and freeing as any physical adventure. Inhibitions can be just as paralyzing as more extreme fears, and they are likely to have a bigger effect on you. You just have to shed them.

Aim For the Heart: Sometimes, the best way to fulfill your dreams is to help others live out theirs. We had this guy on the show who put on a wedding for a needy couple and spent all of his own money. But he felt great about himself.

Keoghan is now in his sixth season as host of the Emmy-winning CBS prime-time series, "The Amazing Race." He is also currently starring in and co-producing the new "No Opportunity Wasted" reality television series on the Discovery Channel, one of the most highly anticipated prime-time series launches in the history of Discovery Networks. He has co-produced a number of original series, including Phil Keoghan's "Adventure Crazy," which was a highly rated worldwide series for the Discovery Channel and currently airs in primetime around the world.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 11:21:15 AM »
I saw that part with Phil...all they said was the TAR would be on tonight...I did not see any previews are anything.  Thougth that was strange.  *(^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 11:27:06 AM »
It was a publicity stunt  {l{

Now when I searched the newspath ..this is what I got ..so I assume it was a package and up to your local Early show carrier whether or not they would carry it or not ? I have the short Early show 7to9 ..I guess some other networks have extended viewing?

NN-NA050-AmazingRaceRob&AmberCanT
Feed(s)
02/28/2005  - 14NA - 14:45:33

Date:       2/28/2005
Story Slug: Amazing Race
Title:      Rob & Amber Can They Win Pkg
Dateline:   Undated
Format:     pkg
Source:     CBSENTERT
Reporter:   Bob Winsor

Handle:     NATL20050228053

Information:
                                       AMAZING RACE 7 SCRIPT

TRACK:  ANOTHER EXCITING GROUP OF RACERS ARE READY TO TAKE ON THE WORLD...FRESH
NEW FACES EAGER AT THEIR CHANCE TO WIN ONE MILLION DOLLARS…  THERE'S ALSO ONE
SPECIAL TEAM YOU MAY KNOW BY HEART

Pause..music

TRACK: THOSE SURVIVOR SWEETHEARTS …BOSTON ROB AND AMBER

ROB EXPLAINS THAT HE WANTED TO DO IT LOVE SURVIVOR AND AMAZING RACE. AMBER
CHIMES IN AND SAY THOSE ARE THE ONLY TWO SHOWS.

TRACK: THEIR MISSION …TO BE THE FIRST COUPLE TO WIN TWO DIFFERENT REALITY
SHOWS.

10:04:11 OH YEA WE CAN DO IT THE WHO LAST YEAR FOR US HAS BEEN LIKE TRAIN FOR
THE AMAZING RACE...WORKED TOGETHER IN A STRESSFUL FELL IN LOVE TRAVELED AROUND
NON STOP

TRACK: BUT MANY REALITY EXPERTS SAY THEIR ASSETS COULD ALSO BE THEIR
LIABILITY...

SURVIVOR: JENNA MORASCA SAYS THERE ARE AT MAJOR DIASADVANTAGE...EVERYONE IS
GOING SAO GET OFF OUR PLAYING FIELD

TRACK: RON AND KELLY COULD BE A THREAT...….RON IS BATTLE TOUGH AFTER SPENDING
WEEKS IN AN IRAQI PRISON AFTER HIS HELICOPTER WAS SHOT DOWN

KELLY SAYS CO: ON SURVIVOR THEY LOSE  WEIGHT AN ALL THAT BUT STILL OF COURSE
SURVIVOR CAN'TP RON'S POW EXPERIENCE/.ITS BE FUN TO HAVE THEM ALONG BUT THEN
WE'LL KNOCK THEM OUT OF THE WAY

TRACK: BUT THIS MOTHER AND SON COMBO WHO SAY TO ROB AND AMBER…..ENOUGH
ALREADY!!!!

4;15;00;28 PERSONALLY I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM AT EACH OTHERS THROATS ,MAKING
OUT AND PDA I WANT YOUR WORD TO CRASH DOWN AROUND YOU..

TRACK: BUT HOST PHIL KEOGHAN SAYS ONE OF THE ADVANTAGES OF THIS COMPETITION IS
THAT IT IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST.

PHIL KEOGHAN

TRACK: SO DO ROB AND AMBER HAVE THE GOODS TO TRAVEL THE GLOBE WITHOUT CRASHING
AND BURNING…THEY SAY EITHER WAY THERE'S NO PRESSURE…

BOSTON ROB SAYS CO:  EITHER WAY WE HAVE THE MILLION DOLLARS

WHATEVER THE OUTCOME....IT'S NON-STOP ACTION…FOR CBS...THIS IS BOB WINSOR

THE AMAZING RACE: ROB & AMBER ..CAN THEY WIN?

Hosted by Phil Keoghan

Feed date: Monday, February 28  (Newspath 10:30 am ET feed)

Premiere Airdate: Tuesday, March 1   (9:00 – 11:00 pm ET)

11 new teams compete against each other in the latest edition of THE AMAZING
RACE.. including that lovable  Survivor couple Boston Rob & Amber.

CAN ROB AND AMBER BE THE FIRST TO CONQUER TWO REALITY SHOWS? WHAT DO THE OTHER
TEAMS THINK OF THEIR PARTICIPATION? WHAT DOES ONE FELLOW SURVIVOR ALL-STAR
THINK THEIR CHANCES WILL BE? ITS ALL HERE IN A SPECIAL PREVIEW ON THIS YEAR’S
RACERS.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 11:28:55 AM »
well I feel cheated now!!!

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 04:16:10 PM »
Wait, Im slow I dont get it I watched the early show and they werent on? whY? they just extended it in some places..but why not here?
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 04:36:40 PM »
It depends on your area , when I was in Orlando they have the extended Early Show . I never knew they had one before that . And now that were on the subject.. why weren't the philiminated team on the E Show yesterday ? I searched hi and low and could not find one thing  :':')

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 05:20:50 PM »
I noticed the last couple of seasons, that they don't start having the philiminated teams on until after a few legs. And in my area, I only get the last hour of the Early Show, but they have always shown the Survivor and TAR boots during that hour!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 05:23:19 PM »
that stinks  :':') my Hillbilly dudes barely had there 15 minutes of fame  }}{