Author Topic: Global Spoiler: TAR7 routes/destinations + flash vidcaps  (Read 13537 times)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Global Spoiler: TAR7 routes/destinations + flash vidcaps
« on: February 28, 2005, 12:59:49 AM »
since banzai so unkindly has a bug up his ass   ,.(  and deleted his vidcaps..I took these from the Taiwan site

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 10:29:45 PM by puddin »

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
Re: Spoiler: TAR7 routes/destinations + flash vidcaps
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 09:57:47 AM »
Great work Banzai!!!!   |5|

We need to keep this outline, and just keep adding to it as new destination rumors come in!

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 06:17:17 PM »
If they do hit the Himalayas I will be very suprised if it is on the Pakistan side of the border. The state department issued a Travel Warning to Pakistan in Sept. of 2004. I think if the spoiler is right about a Himalayan temple it is more likely to be in India. (Nepal had a travel warning issues in Oct. of 2004).

Offline NotNow

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 06:43:44 PM »
According to this article TAR has not been to Japan.

BL: OK. I'll change the subject then. Where has "Race" not been that you'd like to go?

Keoghan: I couldn't even begin to think of the places we haven't been to yet. Japan. Mongolia. Nepal. Indonesian. Papa New Guinea. All through the Pacific Cook Islands. Vanuatu. There's so many places left in the world. We've hardly tapped the Caribbean. The cool thing about "Amazing Race" is we could continue for a hundred series.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050301/ap_en_tv/bad_language_phil_keoghan_1

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 06:54:55 PM »
It's a good article NotNow..Thankyou I am bringing it over and will post it in the  articles  thread  >(^

Great Find !!

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 01:47:16 AM »
My guess for the boat, which looks like a car ferry on the bosphorous. Would be Turkey.

I've tried to match it with some photos off googles, but though some ferries sort of look like it, I haven't got a perfect match yet.

They wanted to go to Turkey before... So, maybe they'll go this time ?

Here's an image of a ferry that's pretty close, yet not the same. Its in Istambul.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 01:55:58 AM by foghillcafe »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 02:14:35 AM »
I was comparing them and they look really close foghill  (7| !!

#45 India

Franks Photo Gallery

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 04:15:05 AM »
We’re going to London, #35 has Big Ben, also #75 with a Beefeater across the Themes.

Look close at #10.  There are racers (or just ordinary people) crossing on a tight wire over the nuclear reactor’s cooling tower.  The artwork on the tower indicates South  Africa?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: Spoiler: TAR7 routes/destinations
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 12:42:41 PM »
Based on my date outline above, the New York spoiler holds.
There's no way the poster could have guessed that leg 1 is a 3-day race and the Botswana leg is a 3-day race too.
He posted the final day of filming correctly: Friday December 17th.

Therefore  B:) , the Japanese spoiler is false. There's no male/male team in the Japanese spoiler.

Agree?  *(^

According to the Japanese Spoiler there are THREE Male/Female teams: Ron/Kelly; susan/Patrick; and Uchenna/Joyce and one Female/Female team: Megan and Heidi.  Perhaps Susan/Patrick were mistaken as male/male team.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: Global Spoiler: TAR7 routes/destinations + flash vidcaps
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 01:50:47 PM »
# 55 is Jama Masjid In Delhi, India

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 02:34:03 PM »
#25 thanks to foghill's lead ..what do you think? Konya

edited because I didn't know that the other sites already beat me to this  ]][

Turkey Dancers

Whirling Dervishes - Sema, Konya

« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 02:09:18 AM by puddin »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 02:48:34 PM »
They also report that on the flight Susan gets really woozy and needs some juice. !

She was also not feeling well after the first flight.  she said it was the altitude ~ wonder if she ahs issues with flying?  isn't one the titles do you need mouth to mouth?  maybe this is Susan who needs it.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 05:11:53 PM »
Perhaps Susan/Patrick were mistaken as male/male team.

Hey Gman .... I would mistake them more for a female/female team!!! Is that what you meant? That is a good point, so then we could get rid of the Barbie Twins!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 07:10:59 PM »
Im working on the 65 70 and 90 ..I'm thinking Rome  *(^
What you guys said about Pat & Mom  ^/^

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 09:25:51 PM »
It is definively either Neptune or Poseidon, because of the staf.

I've looked in Italy, the Trevi foundain would have been a match except for the broken staf.

But, I'm not sure this comes from a fountain.

The status doesn't look too damaged by pollution, not much pitting, so its probably not an original, especially if its in Athens.

The beard and hair style is not greek, at least not classical greek, so this is a more modern rendition either Roman, or even neo-classic (if that's the case, it could be anywhere). Maybe the Italian parliement ? in Rome.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 09:30:21 PM by foghillcafe »

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 02:45:04 AM »

It seams way overbuilt for easter island.

Easter Island is also pretty isolated. They'd have to do a whole leg there, which I don't see.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 01:54:26 PM »

Since I have nothing to add..searching castles .. A better picture of your Fortress banzai  :))

« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 06:10:06 PM by puddin »

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 03:11:54 PM »
I think that "Jamaca" place is not true.  one they were seen in a resort and it was sunny.  That is cloudy and looks cold.  I think as i read on another board Cornwall, England. it could be (the other Eurport leg possibly stay there for 2 legs) and The Island in Chile looks better and they stay there for two episodes also.  Here is a link to the Cornwall, England.
http://www.fcbs.biz/gallery/gallery04/north_cornwall_coast.jpg.   

I am not sold but i dont think its Jamca i coudl be wrong though.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 06:14:34 PM »
Not to argue never0102 .. the pool shape even matches up..granted the coast line looks different but I was thinking there was bad weather ..you can see maybe tarps on some of the roofs , maybe  they are getting fixed or something ..thats just how I see it .  :) I did try to google Jamaica weather for that week of Dec but had no luck..probably a week before Christmas from what I understand from the spoiler .

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 06:42:35 PM »
Well where the teams were spoted in a resort and were golfing.  That is not a resprt with the last leg they really dont go to places like in the picture they would jsut normally do tasks.  And Jamaca seems like they would do things in the nice weather likeParasailing or something like that.  Thats picture just does not fit what i think they do in Jamaca, And they are only there for usually a day and we know they were at a resort and it was nice out. And thats was not the resort. (no golfing area)  But i could be wrong.  I was hoping it looked like Ireland or somthing like that becuase i am waitng for teh race to go to Ireland. But i doubt that.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 09:37:47 PM »
The last time I looked at a map, Banzai, England was still in Europe. And Istanbul, Turkey is still in Europe. Or did you mean another European country?  In Turkey you can take a car ferry across the Dardanelles to Asia Minor. There are a lot of old settlements in the area around Izmir and Pergamon including Troy. So they may have to visit one of these spots. The shot of the building in no.65   may be from this area. In the shot of the "bingo" Rumeli fortress where is the amphitheatre steps seen in the video?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 09:41:56 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2005, 09:41:58 PM »
The last time I looked at a map, Banzai, England was still in Europe. And Istanbul, Turkey is still in Europe. Or did you mean another European country?  In Turkey you can take a car ferry across the Dardanelles to Asia Minor. There are a lot of old settlements in the area around Izmir and Pergamon including Troy. So they may have to visit one of these spots. The shot of the building in no.   may be from this area. In the shot of the "bingo" fortress where is the amphitheatre steps seen in the video?

Actually Istanbul Turkey is the only city to be on two continents (Europe and Asia).

And i think the shoot the places when they are there they wont go back to flim the place.  I really dont think its Jamaica i am very sceptical about it but i could be wrong like i said.

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2005, 11:22:43 PM »

Actually the air shot we see in the Jamaica location spoiler I'm sure has been shot by a second unit. They can call a local, tell him to shoot the place, they don't even need to send their own people there. It can be filmed months in advance and sent back to home base, possibly
even edited in its final place in the AVID cut list.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2005, 01:28:45 PM »
Your welcome banzai..I wish I saved the link  8-)' I think it was some dudes photo album.
Nice one of the Ferry

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/photo_galleries/istanbul/photopages/001.html

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2005, 03:37:47 PM »
LEG 3 could be London

LEG 4 could be Istanbul

LEG 5 could be Izmir or Troy, Turkey  Somewhere across the Dardenells in Aisa Minor

LEG 6 could be South Africa

etc.

Or LEG 3 could be somewhere else in South America or in Europe before arrving in London for Leg 4. We still have a lot of possibities and the producers have no shame in doubling back on themselves.  For example in Tar 6 from Stockholm to Dakar and from Dakar back to Berlin.