Author Topic: Ashlee on early show  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Ashlee on early show
« on: February 25, 2005, 10:37:18 AM »
This is the interview with Ashlee thanks to Fever!
Early Show Highlights
Survivor: Palau Episode 2 with Ashlee Ashby
Rene Syler: Ashlee Ashby is here with us in the studio and not on Palau. Good morning. Why are you here? What happened?
Ashlee: I'm here because I was done playing the game.
Rene Syler: You felt like, "I'm done, I've had enough". Why?
Ashlee: The game entailed more strength mentally than I could give. It was becoming a damper on my spirit and I was done.
Rene Syler: Is that why you chose to sort of divorce yourself from the crowd at that big feast? They had fish. They hadn't had fire, they hadn't eaten a real meal in so long. This was really a time to celebrate and you just sort of went off all by your lonesome.
Ashlee: I was tired. The only thing I was worried about was going to sleep. And as you could see from the show last night, everyone was tired. Everyone could barely keep their eyes open around the fire. The only reason I stayed by the fire was because it was warm. Finally, I just went to sleep because I was tired.
Rene Syler: Yeah but everybody was tired and they were hungry but they were still somewhat social. I mean that's part of this game. You need to sort of lay low but stay on everybody's good side. Didn't you think that maybe perhaps going off on your own might be detrimental to your survival out there?
Ashlee: Of course, hindsight now I can see that. Like I said the only thing I was worried about at the time was sleeping because I was tired.
Rene Syler: You grew up a strict Mormon. Did you have trouble out there with how the game is played and the fact that everybody is lying and stealing and cheating?

Ashlee: I'm very fortunate to have grown up in a very loving and positive family. I was raised with very strict morals. So it was very hard for me to surround myself with the lying and deceiving and backbiting.
Rene Syler: Ok, out there on Palau could not have been the first time you knew that that was what the game was about. That's a part of "outlast, outplay".
Ashlee: Yes of course that's a part of the game. But I did not realize it would entail that much. I just couldn't do it.
Rene Syler: Last night at Tribal Council, did you think that your alliance, albeit a loose knit alliance, would turn against you?
Ashlee: Last night in Tribal Council James said the person he was voting for
that night was ready to go home. I knew he was talking about me. You could see that it was beginning to diminish my spirit. I was just weakening. Inside and out.
Rene Syler: So you think he did you a favor?
Ashlee: Well of course not. I don't want to be here. I would love to still be in the game but...
Rene Syler: Well you said you were ready to go. I'm curious because you can't have it both ways. You either really are there or you're really here. Right?
Ashlee: Yes. In a sense he did do me a favor because I was done playing the game and I needed to be done with the game and leave in order to benefit my tribe members.
Rene Syler: Let me ask you about Jeff and Kim because they have become fast friends. And then some it looks like...
Ashlee: Another Rob and Amber...
Rene Syler: Yeah exactly. Didn't everybody learn their lesson with Rob and Amber and how powerful an alliance that can be? What's happening out there?
Ashlee: We all were speculating about Jeff and Kim, wondering if they were just getting together for another "Rob and Amber" and we all saw that and I don't know if their intention was to form a tight alliance of if they were just really attracted to each other and had more on their mind than just winning the million dollars.
Rene Syler: Quickly, what's next for you?
Ashlee: You know I've seen myself on TV all gross, no make-up. I'd kind of like to see myself all fixed up nice.
Rene Syler: Yeah you look fantastic. Ashlee thanks for coming by and giving us the skinny.

also here is TES link http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/25/earlyshow/series/survivor/main676501.shtml

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Ashlee on early show
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 01:01:47 PM »
Thanks Texan . I just watched her on Good Day Live.. she was ok with the vote and does not hold a grudge , makes you wonder where they think they are going ..on vacation at a luxury resort or something ? Another observation..why did they not just move into the cave in the first place ? I guess I'll have to go watch the insider stuff later ..will let you know if theres any good stuff.

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 01:14:42 PM »
Where do they pick these people? Ashlee was so wishy washy in that interview. I wanted to play, but I wanted to leave.  )_^> Even after being booted, she still had to spend 33 days away from home and out of the game. |:(
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 01:55:41 PM »
 {l{  because half of them did not even apply for S10 they are models and were approached by the CBS S10 dudes ..so long Ulong  :<(

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 02:12:52 PM »
WHAT? Didn't they see how well John K. did last season? He didn't know what he was doing.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip: