Author Topic: EP2 Title~"The Whole Country Hates Me "  (Read 17049 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP2 Title~"The Whole Country Hates Me "
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2005, 03:10:07 PM »
140Alex N Lynn in the fish market ..note bag of veggies
141banzai ? }v{

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2005, 06:18:30 PM »
thank you..I think your onto something with the blue clothing Banzai  |#' ..the pip that I saw was definitly Lynn doing the shoeshine ,so we can see Gretchen ,Ron, Lynn, Ambuh  doing this task .Just a thought..maybe they have to find the right persons shoes to polish to get the clue ? or like you said earn a certain amount of money ? Do you think this is the roadblock? or the delivering papers whatever ?

Kelley loading the papers /whatever onto her push cart

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2005, 12:53:07 AM »
thats not Brian or Gregg banzai ..so ........
I assumed it was Ron ?  we do see Ron running with the shoebox/whatever  :P
It might be RAY !! YES ..I'm sure now.. so Ray does the shine shoe task too ..thanks EagleEye  ]b[

Ray
thanks to Tarflies

Ron

who its not  {l{
must be nippy?  :)*
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 01:16:57 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2005, 01:38:04 AM »
OK shoeshine Roadblock ..but we only see Kelly doing the paper/book task  *(^  ..I hope the eyemail on Monday has some webclues  }}

( yep banzai insider photos of Megan & Heidi  ].,{  ) 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2005, 06:11:57 PM »
Add Debbie ( the redhead one ) to the shoeshine list . So far we have Debbie , Amber , Gretchen , Ray ,Ron, Brian ( I still get these two mixed up) and  Alex confirmed for what we think is the roadblock /shineshoes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2005, 08:45:07 PM »
Copied from and thanks to TVRules 

Previews: The Amazing Race 7: Episode 2 Preview 3/8/05

Tensions rise among the teams when one racer tries to use bribery to keep information from the other teams on "The Amazing Race 7," airing Tuesday, March 8 (9:00-10:00 PM) on CBS.

"The Whole Country Hates Me"

Several teams confront a Racer who bribes a local in an attempt to keep valuable information from other teams.

Meanwhile, one Team faces an angry mob of merchants at a local market when they attempt to haggle, and one racer uses charm and entertainment to successfully try and complete a road block.

Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

Participants:
Ray/Deana Dating On And Off
Debbie/Bianca Lifelong Friends
Lynn/Alex Boyfriends
Uchenna/Joyce Married
Ron/Kelly Dating
Ryan/Chuck Best Friends -- ELIMINATED 3/1
Rob/Amber Engaged
Meredith/Gretchen Retired Couple
Megan/Heidi Roommates
Susan/Patrick Mother/Son
Brian/Greg Brothers

THE AMAZING RACE 7
Episode #702
Tuesday, March 8, 2005
9:00-10:00 PM
CBS

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2005, 08:47:50 PM »
Tensions rise among the teams when one racer tries to use bribery to keep information from the other teams on "The Amazing Race 7," airing Tuesday, March 8 (9:00-10:00 PM) on CBS.

"The Whole Country Hates Me"

Several teams confront a Racer who bribes a local in an attempt to keep valuable information from other teams. Rob  {l{ ,"Duh"

Meanwhile, one Team faces an angry mob of merchants at a local market when they attempt to haggle,
Lynn & Alex

and one racer uses charm and entertainment to successfully try and complete a road block
 anyone ? ..just a guess Lynn because well..he's sort of a clown  {l{
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 10:11:19 PM by puddin »

Offline foghillcafe

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2005, 10:04:52 PM »

Since Uchenna does backflip and possibly is in an improv league in Houston (could be another person, but I don't think so), my bet is on him.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2005, 10:24:50 PM »
Great job on figuring out who is doing the first roadblock of TAR7.  Who would have known that http://www.clubanywhere.com/c/a/view.html?;5487 shoe shining was such a big deal in Chile?

For those trivia devotees, the ugly fish shown in the previews are called toothfish.  However, in order to sell it to us Amercians, the fish were renamed Chilean Sea Bass.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2005, 10:31:12 PM »
foghillcafe ..I did't think of that  . That would give us Ucheena most likely doing the roadblack too ..
banzai I'm stealing your vidcaps ..good job capturing  the pics of Debbie thank you   ]*[

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2005, 10:41:21 PM »
Great job on figuring out who is doing the first roadblock of TAR7. Who would have known that http://www.clubanywhere.com/c/a/view.html?;5487 shoe shining was such a big deal in Chile?

For those trivia devotees, the ugly fish shown in the previews are called toothfish. However, in order to sell it to us Amercians, the fish were renamed Chilean Sea Bass.
from your link Pedaler ..find the right persons shoe to get the clue ..? Deb has a paper in her hand..a photo perhaps ? or maybe they have to polish a certain amount of shoes ..Texan mentioned that Ron should breeze through this easily since he was in the military  ..^&#
There are hundreds of these shoe shine booths in Santiago. Cost for a shine was 300 pesos, or about 50 cents.

Pedaler also from your link..this explains the green/metal and canopy that we see around Romber ..perfect..thankyou  ]*[
cable car

« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 10:47:30 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2005, 01:07:46 PM »
eyemail  {l{

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2005, 01:50:52 PM »
That's a good match and matches the shots of the other four teams going up the mountain to the Virgin Statue, but it is not a CABLE CAR it is a funicular railroad which runs on cogs up a very steep incline to the top of the mountain.

The detour in Chile seems to be a choice between visiting a market to purchase veggies and fishes, and a visit to a book or document store to pick up certain publications and deliver them somewhere (Hall of Justice?)

The roadblock seems to be a task involving shoe shines either earn a certain amount or complete a certain amount. The shoeshine people all wear a distinctive blue coat.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2005, 02:00:14 PM »
Ok Gman its a funicular railroad ..  the owner of the picture described it as a cable car..this is where I got the wording from .
Cable car
My final time was by the cable car, about a 10 minute ride.

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2005, 04:09:39 PM »
oh thnx for the eyemail puddin!  <[/
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2005, 09:35:33 AM »
Just some observations for reviewing the vidcaps.

The confrontation with Rob appears to happen in Peru.  Everyone is wearing heavy outfits.  The one Amber wears matches the one she is wearing getting off a bus.  That bus has the Peruvian Flag painted on the side.

I get the impression that Kelly is upset when she's huggin Ron.  I don't think they do that well performing their detour task.

Finally, Puddin matched a photo of Rob with a photo of the funicular/cable car going up the hill to Cerro San Cristobao.  He has a big smile on, so if the pit stop is by the statue, then they do well.

For those interested, here's a map of Santiago http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshells/south_america/santiago/santiago.htm that shows the Central Market and Cerro San Cristobao.  It's not shown, but the airport is to the west/northwest of downtown.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2005, 11:46:22 AM »
The shoeshine gig is most definitely the ROADBLOCK. In the live video of Debbie with blue shirt with arm down (probably holding shoeshine box), you can see that she hold the RED ROADBLOCK CLUE in her other hand. But not clear what the actual task is, but we now have just about every one except Uchgenna or Joyce doing it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2005, 02:06:15 PM »
From the webclues I don't think were sure of Pat & mom either ? Urcheena may do the Roadblock..I'm guessing per the webclues, it maybe or may not be..just a guess

one racer uses charm and entertainment to successfully try and complete a road block

"Urchenna: We can pass some teams "

few vidcaps we have of U&J and what they are wearing .

Pat & mom

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »
Let's try and see if we can put it all together to find out what we know and what we do not know about tonight's show:

This week it is heavy on the "What we don't know" and there are some very large holes or pitfalls for us to fall into.

Let's begin at the beginning.  The ten remaining teams will be starting off in Cuzco at the message box in the church courtyard 12 hours after they arrive.  Since all the teams arrived between noon and 2:00PM (according to TV Guide) they will be starting off again in the dead of night starting at midnight or so.  But we have no shots of them going anywhere in the dark of night.

Our first glimpse of the teams is at a bus or railroad station which looks like from the warm clothes that they are wearing that they still are in Cuzco. And it looks like everyone is together either waiting for a bus or a train.  If they are travelling by bus to Lima where they will be catching a LAN plane to Santiago, Chile they have a 20 hour bus ride ahead of themselves.  We do see the various teams leaving the bus somewhere and we  see the bus on the road somewhere. But here is our delimma.  The teams are alighting from the bus in daytime. If the bus ride is 20 hours and it is just getting light in Lima at 6:00AM, then the bus must have left Cuzco at 10:00AM. Have they been waiting around the bus station for those missing 10 hours? And it is creul beyond words to make them ride a bus for 20 hours when they can do the same distance by air in one hour.
So this is our problem. What has happened from midnight to whenever we see the teams on the buses (and there are more than one bus involved.)

So now somehow we arrive at the airport in Lima. We have direct flights leaving at 7:15AM and 8:20AM  arriving in Santiago, Chile at 12:35PM and 1:40PM.  This make sense since we see all of the activity in Santiago happening in the daylight.  BUT we have one report that the teams went to Santiago via Buenos Aires. Yes there is a LAN flight from Lima to Santiago via BA, but it leaves at 12:05AM arriving in Santiago at 9:35AM. But our teams could only make this flight if the buses left Cuzco no later than 3:00AM.

Anyway somehow or another the teams end up in Santiago, Chile. Most likely they will have to go to some landmark such as the Neptune Fountain on Cerro Santa Lucia or take the funicular up to the statue of the Virgin Mary on top of Cerro San Cristobal. We have nothing pointing us toward the Nepture Fountain (although we have shots of it in the opening credit montage) bu we do have a few of the teams on the funicular. We have shot of Uchenna and Joyce reading something in the upper fanicular station (did they just get the clue and are deciding what to do next?) We have a shot of a very relaxed Rob in the car going up. So I suspect that this is the first landmark they have to find to get the Detour clue. That leaves the Neptune Fountain on Cerro Santa Lucia as a possible pit stop.

The DETOUR seems to be between buying stuff such as fish and veggies in the Mercado Central( Lynn and Alex)  or finding the right number of books in a bookshop or document center and delivering them to the Tribunales de Justica (Ron and Kelly) (Debbie and Bianca).

The ROADBLOCK is played up BIG!  Almost everyone is shown downing the distinctive blue shirts and getting a shoeshine box and setting out. We have only identified one member of each team doing this, so it must be the roadblock.  One shot of Debbie shows her in the blue smock and carrying the RED Roadblock card in one hand and the box in the other.  We do not know if the task is to shine "x" number of shoes, to find a particular pair, or raise a certain amount of money in order to get the last clue which will lead them to the pit stop.

I still wonder why we have the big hole at the beginning of the program. And I wonder why there is no indication of the teams making the 3 hour train trip to Machu Picchu. But perhaps this is like TAR6 where there was no advance notice of the 17 hour train ride to Xi'an and a visit to the famous Terra Cotta Warriors.

We will have to wait to see what unfolds tonight since Howard has not blessed us with his advance wisdom.

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2005, 05:23:15 PM »
Great job as usually, guys! Thanks!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2005, 05:34:37 PM »
What Hi-Fi said , thank you  GMan  ]*[ Pedalar , Banzai ,foghillcafe and everyone else that contributed to the spoilers .

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2005, 05:48:50 PM »
You all are doing so great!

I can only add that I saw a destination city of Aerquipa on one of the buses.  It looks like a shorter ride than Lima.  And it has an airport served by LAN.

ETA:  I think it's the one with Uchenna & Joyce stepping out.  I can't see it in the screen cap but I remember seeing it in my recording.  Not at home right now so I can't check.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 06:09:52 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2005, 06:01:47 PM »
merci en tant que toujours chateau d si    /*^

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2005, 07:29:42 PM »
Great catch, Chateau!!

Arequipa is 320 miles from Cuzco and easily reached by bus.  LAN has flights out of Arequipa leaving at either 2:25PM arrving in Santiago, Chile at 1:40AM via Lima or leaving at 9:15PM arriving in Santiago at 6:35AM also via Lima. So its possible this is the way they went. If they arrive early in Arequipa, the second largest city in Peru, they may have time for another task to perform before getting to the airport for the 9:15PM flight. Arequipa has many wonderful old places to visit. We will see in about a half hour what is what.