Author Topic: EP 2 Speculation / Spoilers / Discussion  (Read 8049 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP 2 Speculation / Spoilers / Discussion
« on: February 17, 2005, 11:31:49 PM »
CBS ~ Webteasers

One tribe's beach is overrun with unwelcome little visitors.
Rats ..duh

One Survivor is suspicious about a special alliance developing between two tribemates.
Jeff & Kim ..right?

While enjoying a feast, a tribe notices one member's reclusive behavior.
 reward = feast

A tribe attempts to recover a lost provision. Will they be successful in the task, or will they succumb to exhaustion?
Koror

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP 2 Speculation / Spoilers / Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 12:38:42 AM »
Thanks to Survivor Fever , click here for bigger thumbnails 

VoiceOver
JP:  Next time on Survivor...
Janu:  <screams>Ohhh, oh my God there were three.
Angie:  Ohhh, no.
JP:  Koror questions the move to the new beach.
Caryn:  Do you think there could be a worse island than this?
JP:  At Ulong, Jeff and Kim get cozy.
JP:  And the search for flint intensifies.
Tom:  Fire is something that matters.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 02:00:58 PM »
tina our resident spoiler extraordinaire  I made you an emot }&{ , would you let us know when you get a few vibes?  }md{ Please ? First hinkies for me , Ulong goes to TC again  , strong players cont. to get booted..Bobby Jon perhaps ? What does thou think  </] ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 08:15:47 PM »
thanks to Survivor Fever , Click here for larger VidCaps

I'll blow a few up in my following post

VoiceOver

VO:  Survivor premiered with a shocker, 3 castaways were sent home.
Jeff Probst:  The tribe has spoken.
VO:  One boat capsized.
Female:  All of the supplies went straight down
VO:  But that's nothing compared to what happens this Thursday.  An underwater salvage attempt...
Ian:  I'm underwater, I don't know if I'm gonna make it...
VO:  An outcast is in desperate need to stay in the game. 
Angie:  I'm going to be on the chopping block.
And two grueling challenges...
JP:  Go!
VO: ...prove that this is the toughest Survivor yet.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 08:43:54 PM »
Probably Ian, Gregg & Tom are Kuror's best swimmers and they might just wear themselves out diving for the flint and not do well in the water challenge.  I'll predict Ulong will win the reward (at least). 

Subject to change, of course ]][
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 08:51:55 PM »
1/2
3/4
5/6
7/8
9/10
11/12
13/14
15/16
17/18
19/20
21/22
23/24
25/26
27/28
29/30
31/32
33/34
35/36
37/38
39/40
41/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 09:04:29 PM »
I don't want to start rumors but , Biancaxx says that an accident affects the game

I agree. I was told this accident affects their whole game, so they must not get it back. 
but she seems to think its Kuror losing the fire box.. so you maybe right Swanee .
Look at Bobby jon though in Cap 28 ..doesnt he look like hes in pain ? I think its Bobby Jon ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 09:15:24 PM »
Mess hall thinks ~ Not sure yet which is RC & Which is IC and that is Bobby Jon going down hard..28thru32
James 33thru41
Ep2 - Challenge (Barrel etc)
Ep 2 - Challenge (Racing/Diving)

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm11

Offline tinampg96

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV is stressful.
    • ColumbusRacing
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 09:28:39 PM »
I think the RC is the one with the barrels, where it looks like they are trying to knock players off the barrel with sandbags or something. I scanned every photo of that challenge and cannot see the ImI anywhere, plus, I don't think they would show so much footage of the IC.

Also, if a member of Koror is injured during the RC, it might explain why they lose the IC and send **** home 8-)'
"The doctor told me to take up a stress-free hobby, so I started watching Reality TV. So much for doctor's orders."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 09:32:37 PM »
Yeah probably more Vidcaps/ promos over the weekend ,boy the challenges look painful  ]*]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 11:22:36 PM »
Check out TDT Looks your right tina  ^&#
Not to disagree with TDT's boot but I think James will last abit longer . I'm up with the Jeff or Bobby boot if Ulong goes to TC . If Koror goes.. I Dunno ? Maybe a gal Katie the Biatch  or Willard ?

REWARD CHALLENGE/ "Gauntlet Dash" - some tribe wins?
The "gauntlet" in the challenge name (thanks, Dreamer) is a bunch of swinging sacks, threatening to knock contestants from balance beams and spinning barrels. This challenge looks like it was designed to hurt. Lots of footage of Bobby Jon screaming in this challenge. And a lot of focus on Angie. Also someone (on Koror?) appears to slip on the dock in a particularly painful fashion. But they are playing for something useful: Fishing gear (mask, snorkel, fins and Hawaiian sling... again thanks to Dreamer).

Who wins? The CBS bullet point mentioning the recluse at the feast (above) suggests Angie's tribe wins (presumably catching said feast with their new gear). Koror may have spent the time leading up to the challenge trying to retrieve their flint, perhaps putting them at a disadvantage. On the other hand, there are all the shots of Bobby Jon in anguish. Tough call, but collectively, weak evidence for an Ulong win. Besides, they have mor women, which should help in a balance-oriented challenge such as this.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE/ "Heads Up" (underwater retrieval) - Koror wins?
Since the other challenge clearly involves the gauntlet, the diving and water-retrieval scenes must be from the IC (which fits the title). The challenge appears to require swimming out to markers (the "30" buoy, below), diving and pulling something to the surface. There are can-like objects floating around Willard and Tom. Caryn is also shown in what may be a shot from this challenge, apparently on dry land. It's possible the sunken objects need to be assembled (puzzle?) on the beach in order to finish.

Given Ian's diving prowess, this should be Koror's challenge to lose, although the person we see bringing something to the surface is Tom. Either way, Koror looks good. Additionally, Angie is shown wet, wearing her bra, looking upset. Since she doesn't wear her bra in the RC, this must be the IC, with Ulong losing yet again. The shot of Bobby Jon and Kim looking upset may also be from this challenge, presumably also after losing. Besides, a Koror win fits Probst's pre-game prattle about one tribe paying for booting the strong.

BOOT/ Jeff? James? Bobby Jon?
For this week's boot, we look again to Ulong. Do they continue booting the strong? Probably not, unless another strong person gives the rest of the tribe some other reason to boot them. Angie is the obvious choice, but we think she's a little too obvious.

Instead we look to the episode title, and single out Jeff. "Love Is In The Air" could have a double meaning, in which one of the "lovers" is left hanging at Tribal Council (or perhaps knocked into the air by the gauntlet). The betrayal interpretation seems more likely when coupled with the "rats" half of the title. Jolanda revealed on Survivor Live that Jeff was in charge during Ulong's horrendous paddling performance in the Ep1 IC. So while we haven't seen a lot of this guy, we could be seeing even less of him rather quickly.

James is also a potential boot candidate. He's suddenly the oldest on his tribe, and not as strong as the younger men, and therefore may appear expendable.

Bobby Jon and Ibrehem were each on the losing side in the first TC vote, siding with Jolanda. We're not sure either is ready to be booted yet, though, but if the five Jolanda voters stick together, and continue booting strong players, one of these men could leave this week.

Offline tinampg96

• RFF Jr. Member
    • ColumbusRacing
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 11:43:54 PM »
My picks as of now are RC-Koror, IC- Ulong, Boot............Greg/Katie...leaning more towards Greg( will find out for sure this weekend)
"The doctor told me to take up a stress-free hobby, so I started watching Reality TV. So much for doctor's orders."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 12:01:22 AM »
NOOOO not GREGGGGGGGG  :':') |( .. why why why .. not all the good looking men  ]:, here we go again ..being a pretty boy is a unfair disadvantage.. poo  Please let it be that Biatch Katie  ]*]

thanks tina Resident spoiler extroidinare  }&{

Riverrat

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2005, 08:58:02 AM »
 `/~ Dammit all!!!!! Just when I start liking someone they get booted.  _-^

I can't face a whole season of watching Angies tattoos or Katies bitchiness. |(

Offline tinampg96

• RFF Jr. Member
    • ColumbusRacing
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2005, 10:45:25 AM »
Don't get all upset yet, I haven't had a chance to verify my picks yet.I will give you a run-down of why those 2 people are up on the chopping block though:

Greg: You remember how Coby was able to get Jonathan off, same with Greg. he is going to be very subtle about suggesting Greg getting axed, then greg does something to get on a few persons bad side.(not going to tell you what though)

Katie: Despite the belief that she is a bitch, which I won't denie, she is not a physical threat...which is either her down-fall..ie causing failure for the whole team, or it keeps her in the game.

Also remember Probst hinted that the teams vote off strong players at the beginning, not just one team does it. It also makes sense that once the indecisiveness of Ulong gets taken care off, they would be a strong team both physically and mentally.

What was the reason Ulong lost the challenge? Jolanda caused delay by wanting to take everything and being a bitch about it. Then, seeing they were behind a great deal, they were unable to pull it together for the paddling. So, after losing 2 challenges, they are going to get it together.

Offline Jusalurker

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 01:31:47 PM »
 *%#

Wow! What a great read!  I am humbled and informed.. If it is who you think, I had hoped he would be in the finals!
So how is everyone this weekend?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2005, 02:53:59 PM »
Very sad about Sera's mom  :':') I wish that I could give him a big old hug  }bH{ & kiss  /*^

Coby .. I could definitly see him wanting to get rid of the stronger players..I'm thinking that he showed his cards to soon and it may come back to bite him ,too early to be strategizing that much. More thoughts later after I rewatch the show...

Offline Jusalurker

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 04:04:56 PM »
Yes, I agree it is very sad! You only get one Mom... and to lose her is a huge blow, at any age. I will surely say a prayer or two for him at this time!

So when Miss Tina put **** these four marks, did she mean Jeff or Gregg, I'm confused already... {l{
At first it appears to ellude to Jeff, then it seems Gregg.. of course this is all speculation at this point..  |5|

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2005, 08:51:59 PM »
 Survivor: Palau
"Love Is in the Air, Rats Are Everywhere"

Koror discovers their beach is infested with rats; romance brews at both camps, causing suspicion.

Rated: Not Available
Runtime: 60 min

Game show, Reality, Action

8:00 PM    Thu., Feb 24   Ch 2, WCBS

- STEREO
- CC

Remind Me
 Add To My TV Favorites

Find out more about this show

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 10:29:17 AM »
TDT has narrowed the boot down to James or Jeff

BOOT/ Jeff? James?

For this week's boot, we look again to Ulong. Do they continue booting the strong? Probably not, unless another strong person gives the rest of the tribe some other reason to boot them. Angie is the obvious choice, but we think she's a little too obvious.

If we look to the episode title, we can single out Jeff as a potential boot. "Love Is In The Air" could have a double meaning, in which one of the "lovers" is left hanging at Tribal Council (or perhaps knocked into the air by the gauntlet). The betrayal interpretation seems more likely when coupled with the "rats" half of the title. Jolanda revealed on Survivor Live that Jeff was in charge during Ulong's horrendous paddling performance in the Ep1 IC. So while we haven't seen a lot of this guy, we could be seeing even less of him rather quickly.

James is also a potential boot candidate. He's suddenly the oldest on his tribe, and not as strong as the younger men, and therefore may appear expendable. He also appears to take a big fall in the RC (at least until we get clearer footage than the web promo). Also, as Probst is dismissing Ulong from the first tribal council, the camera cuts to close-ups of James, then Ashlee, as Probst is admonishing the tribe. With the camera on James, Probst says "You need to stop with the excuses," then the editing cuts to Ashlee, as Probst says "and get a plan, or you will be back here very soon." These are not portents of success for James and Ashlee.

Riverrat

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005, 01:41:57 PM »
 <[/  Where is cheri? Our heads can spin together.

Darn I have to go see which one is Jeff. I know James. He's the one that talks like me right? Jeff totally escapes my memory. They didn't show much of him but, James got a lot of editing last week so-------

Here kitty--want a fishy? puddin your cat needs to go out i think. c/*

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 01:43:06 PM »
I'm leaning towards Jeff as the boot this week.  Remember all that speculation about Jeff being the one not picked with Wanda instead of Jonathan.  Then the tide turned, and Jonathan was the man.  That might point to the fact that someone in the know knew Jeff was going early.  Although if it were up to me, I'd kick James in a heartbeat...he's pretty annoying B:)

P.S. I'm not referring to his accent, River.  Just the fact that he talks alot. ]][
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 01:47:19 PM by Magiiila »
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 06:12:51 PM »
Eyemail~

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 06:27:16 PM »
CBS Press release thanks to SurviorFever

CBS Press Release

"Love is in the Air, Rats are Everywhere" -- Koror discovers their new beach is overrun with rats, on SURVIVOR: PALAU, Thursday, Feb. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

Meanwhile, romance is brewing at both camps, causing the other tribe members' collective brow to rise with suspicion.  While enjoying a self-collected feast, a tribe notices one castaway's reclusive behavior and wonders if they're going to be able to last.  Koror attempts to recover the flint they lost in the ocean when their boat capsized.  One castaway's exceptional performance at the reward challenge causes their tribe to see them in a new light. And, the second member is voted out of the tribe. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 06:48:42 PM »
 |#' This is what I was thinking..just ask Rob I said that the previews want to make us think that Angie is the next one to be booted right so now with the new clues from the press this is how I saw it..
Angie helps Ulong win RC .. they see her in a new light ..they keep her and boot someone else .