Author Topic: Hayden&Aaron engaged!!!  (Read 4791 times)

Offline HaydennAaronFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • *Hayden and Aaron, the #1 team on the race*
    • Hayden!
Hayden&Aaron engaged!!!
« on: February 10, 2005, 05:16:37 PM »
Yay, nice ending, loved it! I was so sad when they were losing, and they made the music so depressing but the ending rocked! (^.#

Congratulations Hayden and Aaron ]#[

Good Job on the race!!!!!!!!! #1 team! =]/
Hayden n Aaron #1 Team on The Amazing Race 6!

Amazing Race 7 Picks:

Megan and Heidi
Ron and Kelly
Rob and Amber
Greg and Brian

Survivor Picks:

Kim and Stephanie (Sorry Jeff , Too bad lose)!!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Hayden&Aaron engaged!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 08:36:24 PM »
Goodl luck to them. I hope things work out for them.

they had lots of fights, but were also under alot of stress.  Let's hope they learn from this experience and grew to appreciate each other.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 12:30:59 AM »
I thought it was so sweet that Aaron proposed to her.  They mentioned on the early show that they won't get married until december 2006 as Aaron is going to some culinary school.  I think they make a great couple.  He is the calm one and she is the high strung one.  Cos if they were both high strung then you would have the disastrous relationship of blue shirt and victoria `/~ `/~ `/~ |(

Offline HaydennAaronFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Hayden!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 10:43:28 AM »
Yes, she's lucky! (^.#

Amazing Race 7 Picks:

Megan and Heidi
Ron and Kelly
Rob and Amber
Greg and Brian

Survivor Picks:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Reality TV duo traveled world!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 02:03:30 PM »
Reality TV duo traveled world
Monday, February 14, 2005
GREG NELSON
FOR THE SAGINAW NEWS
ITHACA -- Sometimes reality TV shows aren't so real after all.

Just ask Ithaca native Aaron Crumbaugh, who along with fiance Hayden Kristzanson of Washington state finished fourth out of 11 teams competing for the $1 million grand prize on the completed CBS show "The Amazing Race 6."

"I wasn't really happy with the editing," Crumbaugh said during a phone interview from New York City, where the couple made an appearance on the "Morning Show" and
"They made Hayden look like she was freaking out most of the time, and it really wasn't that way. They would use seven minutes of footage out of 50 hours of tape.

"They basically turned us into the type of characters they wanted. They actually made me look good, like I had this Zen calm about me all the time. I freaked out a few times, too, but they didn't show that.

"If Hayden was really like that, I wouldn't be marrying her."

In the CBS series, teams of two compete in an around-the-world race, completing challenges as they go. Teams that can't keep up are eliminated.

On the final leg of the competition, three teams race for the finish line and $1 million.

Crumbaugh, 25, got down on one knee and proposed to Kristzanson on the episode prior to the grand finale, just after they were eliminated from the race in China.

"I had thought about doing that going into the race," he said. "We were at a lot of romantic places, but I really wanted to do it after crossing the finish line in first and winning the $1 million. That would have been perfect."

The couple was one of the top teams throughout the show's 13-week run. They won four segments, which earned them two all-expenses-paid trips to Hawaii, one to Mexico and a Caribbean cruise.

However, during the next to last episode, Crumbaugh and Kristzanson ran into some bad luck when their taxi driver got lost twice, and then after several hours of trying to open one of more than 3,000 padlocks during a "challenge" on China's Mount Huo, Kristzanson broke the key, resulting in a four-hour penalty that sealed their fate.

"We had horrible, horrible luck (the last day)," said Crumbaugh, the son of Scott and Deb Crumbaugh of Ithaca.

"One of the things we learned from talking to previous contestants is that you could have all of the skill in the world, but it takes 75 to 80 percent luck to win."

The 30-day, 45,000-mile race took the couple to 10 countries on four continents. It was taped during August and September, and started airing in November. All participants were "sworn to secrecy" until after the final episode was broadcast, Crumbaugh said.

"It was a wonderful, once-in-a lifetime experience. We got to travel the world and see different cultures," he added.

Crumbaugh, an Ithaca High School and Michigan State University graduate, plans to enroll in culinary school in Pasadena, Calif., in July, but meanwhile the part-time model and budding actor is auditioning for parts in several soap operas and TV series pilots.

Kristzanson is the top choice to host a new Discovery Channel show on extreme sports, Crumbaugh said.

Because of their hectic schedule, they have moved their wedding date from later this year to December 2006. The nuptials will take place in Washington followed by "a party in Michigan" for his family and friends, he added. v

Greg Nelson covers Gratiot County for The Saginaw News. You may reach him at 776-9675.

source~
http://www.mlive.com/news/sanews/index.ssf?/base/news-14/1108396202229700.xml

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 05:41:59 PM »
wow interesting intewview..thanks for postin puddin :<(
thats kewl..hes auditioning for soap operas..hehe ]#*
 *8/
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline HaydennAaronFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Hayden!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 06:15:53 PM »
Hayden and Aaron said that when they met it was "love at first sight", cuteee ]#[

Too bad they didn't win :':') wahoooo go h+a })}

Amazing Race 7 Picks:

Megan and Heidi
Ron and Kelly
Rob and Amber
Greg and Brian

Survivor Picks:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Race Duo Swears Off "Baby" Talk
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 11:28:22 AM »
TV Guide Article

Race Duo Swears Off "Baby" Talk
by Ethan Alter

Dating actors Hayden Kristianson and Aaron Crumbaugh made Amazing Race history on the season finale, when Aaron popped the question right after being Philiminated. It was a great "awww" moment, but considering their often combative relationship on the show, more than a few viewers probably thought "Huh?" Here, the duo set the record straight about their relationship and reveal some behind-the-scenes secrets, including what really happened on the top of Mount Hua.

TV Guide Online: The race had really taken its toll on you by the Xi'an leg. You both looked exhausted.
Aaron Crumbaugh: The thing is, when we got off the train in Xi'an, we were feeling pretty good because we had gotten some sleep during the 17-hour ride. Then we ran to the Drum Tower and it wasn't open yet — story of our lives on this race. And from there, we just had a terrible day. The taxi driver just killed us. That was so frustrating.
Hayden Kristianson: He miraculously got us to the Detour and we were the second team there. We left right behind Adam and Rebecca, and we had the directions to the next location, the Terracotta Warriors Museum, written down in Chinese on the clue. But he proceeded to get us lost for about 35 minutes on the way there and then dropped us off at the wrong place. When we finally arrived, all the other teams were there and an African queen was inside so we had to wait for her to be finished. Then, they made us enter in the order we got there and when we finally got out, [the queen's] motorcade was leaving, so we had to wait for her to go. Then, instead of driving to Mount Hua, our taxi actually took us back in the direction of Xi'an. So he basically got us lost for two hours that day and that's why we were so upset.

TVGO: Was it stress that ultimately caused you to quit the race?
Hayden: I'm upset about that because there was no quitting. Here's exactly what happened: I got to the Roadblock at 3 and I was there for four hours. At 6:40, we were told that we had to leave the mountain at 7. They gave us two options: You could stay overnight at the hotel and continue in the morning or you could not finish the challenge and take the time penalty. Why in the world would you stay overnight when you would be 20 hours behind the other teams? If you take the four-hour penalty, you're still probably not going to win, but you'll be a lot closer. So at 6:59, I looked over at Aaron and said, "Honey, we've been here four hours and we'll beat Adam and Rebecca in a foot race back to the pit stop. Should we just stop?" And he's like, "OK." It's 7 and as those words are literally coming out of my mouth, Rebecca opens her lock. I raced back over, I'm crying and I'm trying to open the lock. But it was after 7 and I was done. So the fact that the show made it look like I quit makes me angry because I don't quit at anything. I never give up and I was told that I had to.

TVGO: At least you had a memorable exit. Had you been planning to propose all along, Aaron?
Aaron: I had gone in with the idea of doing it. Of course, I really wanted to win the million bucks and propose at the finish line. And we really did have a great time on the race together. They want drama and yelling and that kind of stuff, but we had a great time. So I had no qualms about proposing right there. I knew I wanted to marry her and that felt like the right time.

TVGO: Hayden, did you know it was coming?
Hayden: Not at all, I was completely surprised. It was a beautiful ending to a disastrous day. But, like he said, we did have a fabulous time on the race. Unfortunately, people are just seeing the side of me that gets very stressed out and panicked. It's not a pretty sight, but the majority of the time we got along great. That's why he proposed. If I was that bitchy the whole time, he would never have dreamt of asking me. I mean, c'mon — he's not stupid.

TVGO: How does it feel to have people question your relationship because of your on-air arguments?
Aaron: I really haven't gotten any of that. My parents have met her and love her. My extended family hasn't met her yet, but they all love her on the show. They're all like, "She's got such a great attitude. You totally need that, Aaron." No one has come up to me and said, "What are you doing with her?"
Hayden: The people who know me know how stressed I get and are cutting me slack. I'm the first to admit that I'm terrible at dealing with stress; I panicked too much during the race. I would apologize to Aaron every time I spazzed out on him. I was like, "Honey, I'm really sorry, I'm going to work on this."
Aaron: Actually it was, "Baby, I'm really sorry..."
Hayden: Oh, god! I'm never going to call him that again. No more "Baby!" [Laughs]

TVGO: Do you feel your relationship has improved since the race?
Hayden: When we got back, I kind of went through a rough patch. I had a hard time adjusting to normal life after the craziness of running around the world for five weeks with cameras chasing us. It was a difficult transition for me. But it's much better now with the show over. We've been through so much in 16 months and we've just grown stronger. We feel like nothing can stop us from overcoming things.

TVGO: What's next for you? Do you have any acting gigs lined up?
Aaron: We're both with a great agent here in L.A., and now that the show's over we're able to get back out on the audition circuit. We've got some meetings set up and hopefully we'll be on TV here soon. I'm also going to start culinary school in Pasadena in July. I have a passion for cooking and I've always had this dream of owning my own restaurant. Hopefully, when I'm done I'll be able to be a TV chef. I'd love to be next Emeril or Bobby Flay.

TVGO: Hayden, I've gotta ask — do you ever get confused with the other Hayden Christensen from Star Wars?
Hayden: I'm actually in the Screen Actors Guild as Hayden Kristianson and he's not. When I joined, I asked if I needed to use my middle initial, even though we spell our names differently. But they said, "No, he's never even joined. It's all you."

TVGO: Finally, how are the wedding plans progressing?
Hayden: We were going to get married this December, but then Aaron made the decision to go to culinary school and it's a 15-month commitment. I hear that wedding planning is very intense and, as we know, I don't handle stress well. I don't want to plan the wedding by myself, because that would not be good for me or for him. So we're going to wait until December 2006 when he's done with school.
Aaron: Plus, I'll be a cook then, so I'll have lots of knives just in case.
Hayden: Thanks, honey... I mean baby. I'm going to start calling you baby again now!

source~
http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/050218b.asp

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 03:52:44 PM »
haha they are funny! thanks for posting that puddin.. })}I really didn't understand why she quite, and now i know! :<(

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 05:46:45 PM »
I posted it with you in mind FKF
So the fact that the show made it look like I quit makes me angry because I don't quit at anything. I never give up and I was told that I had to.
Interesting to read the real behind the scenes stuff  :(*8 , pretty dum on the producers behalf if you ask me..not a very thought out, planned  task at all   ]*] Hmph !!

I'd love to be next Emeril or Bobby Flay.

NO Knives pulease !! I'd hate to see Haydon cut her fingers on TV again  {l{

Offline HaydennAaronFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Hayden!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 05:58:12 PM »
Hey, Ya thanks a billion for those interviews, man your good! ]#* . Just a question though: Where the HECK DO YOU get them all from??? You a magician or something? |5| . If it's not a secret or anything, can you tell me where or something like that, cause i'd like to see more of Hayden and Aaron!!!  |#'

See you around.. )_^>

Amazing Race 7 Picks:

Megan and Heidi
Ron and Kelly
Rob and Amber
Greg and Brian

Survivor Picks:

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 09:56:54 PM »
thnx puddin =]/ yea u rock..haha
how can the producers do that? thats not fair to her...and not even tell us its fake ouch! :(*8

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 06:31:07 PM »
I knew Hayden wouldn't quit! The smartest move was indeed leave the mountain and arrive at the pit stop before Adam/Rebecca. Sadly, Rebecca found the right locker in the last minute. }}{

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 08:26:07 PM »
yea but its actually a good thing hayden and aaron didnt make it..could u  picture hayden doing the sky diving on the roadblock in the second leg? NOPE!