Author Topic: TAR 8 "Family" application  (Read 8715 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TAR 8 "Family" application
« on: February 09, 2005, 10:39:07 AM »
 I read in the USA article that this would be a Family race  {l{

CBS today will announce plans for two more Races next season, including an eighth installment that pits families of four.

Think your family has what it takes
to win the next Race? Apply now for
THE AMAZING RACE 8.
Millions of viewers will watch as Teams, each with a pre-existing relationship, race around the world in THE AMAZING RACE. Never knowing where they'll go next or what they'll have to do once there, these Teams and their relationships will be put to the ultimate test as they'll have to work together to stay ahead of the rest. One by one, Teams will be eliminated, and in the end the first Team to cross the finish line will win a cool million dollars!

To apply for THE AMAZING RACE, you must complete the application form and follow the instructions.
Click here to download the Application Procedure and Eligibility Requirements form in Adobe Acrobat format.

application

If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here to download it for free.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 11:30:06 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 8 "Family" application
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 01:38:15 PM »
TV Guide online~

RUNWAY SUCCESS: It's true: Nice guys do finish last. I'm talking, of course, about Tuesday's two-hour Amazing Race finale, in which our favorite long-distance lovers, Kris and Jon, lost the $1 million grand prize to bickering models Freddy and Kendra. On the bright side, at least they weren't beat by that hellish Hagden, er Hayden and her long-suffering boyfriend — I'm sorry, fiancé — Aaron. That's right, after putting up with her crap for 40,000 miles, across four continents and in 24 cities, the walking doormat got on bended knee and proposed to Ms. Manners at the final pit stop. Now that's amazing.

IN RELATED NEWS...: At the conclusion of last night's Race, a CBS promo finally confirmed TV's worst-kept secret: that Survivor lovebirds Rob Mariano and Ambuh Brkich will be competing in Amazing Race 7, debuting in three weeks. The network, meanwhile, announced today that the eighth edition will be an all-family affair, with teams made up of four relatives as opposed to the normal two-person combo. Casting will begin immediately, so start running!

source ~
http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/050209.asp#E

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 05:08:29 PM »
Phill mentioned on the Early Show thatfamilies in America are "diverse," so I wonder if we'll have a 2 Dad or 2 Mom family?  That would be so cool.

Just how in heck are they going to get 6 people per team on planes, let alone in taxis?  I suspect we'll see fewer countries and more train rides.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 08:05:05 PM »
 {l{  A complete and utter disaster in the making.... Could you imagine the mom & dads having to stop right before the pitstop to change the little ones diapers  ]][

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 02:01:01 AM »
I glanced over the application.  The age minimum is 12 years old.  And every minor on the team must have at least one parent or gardian also on the team.  They will accept applications from 5-member teams with the understanding that they will downsize it to four before the race starts.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline HaydennAaronFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • *Hayden and Aaron, the #1 team on the race*
    • Hayden!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 05:40:44 PM »
YOu don't have to analyze anything, leave it and we'll see in two weeks...

Puddin, what do you have against H+A, i thought the proposal was the best part, she got annoying sometimes, you do not have to be so mean. she is not hellish and he is not long-suffering either. He loves her and she loves him \[}

Actualy, that really pi$$es me off ok, some people like this team, like me for example, and we don't have to hear that sort of crap ok????????????

They are a great team just cause s+upid kris&jon who everyone loves lost, doesn't mean you have to take it out on H+A,they only showed kris&jon at their best parts...who knows what they are like!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 06:12:56 PM by HaydennAaronFan »
Hayden n Aaron #1 Team on The Amazing Race 6!

Amazing Race 7 Picks:

Megan and Heidi
Ron and Kelly
Rob and Amber
Greg and Brian

Survivor Picks:

Kim and Stephanie (Sorry Jeff , Too bad lose)!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 07:19:57 PM »
YOu don't have to analyze anything, leave it and we'll see in two weeks...

Puddin, what do you have against H+A, i thought the proposal was the best part, she got annoying sometimes, you do not have to be so mean. she is not hellish and he is not long-suffering either. He loves her and she loves him \[}

Actualy, that really pi$$es me off ok, some people like this team, like me for example, and we don't have to hear that sort of crap ok????????????

They are a great team just cause s+upid kris&jon who everyone loves lost, doesn't mean you have to take it out on H+A,they only showed kris&jon at their best parts...who knows what they are like!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

)_^>  *(^ umm I didn't write the article..I copied and pasted it from TV Guide on line ..
My opinion of Haydon..
Who knew that this bitch was THAT crazy? Her ranting and raving made the episode great. I never realized how good TV she was until she was gone. I feel bad  cause Aaron proposed to the whiny bitch, does that count?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 07:56:51 PM »
Just a reminder, folks...It's certainly OK to rag on reality show participants; however, to rag on other members of RFF just because their opinion is different from yours is not OK  :(*8
And we can "analyze" whatever we want..thats why we are here.  :<(

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 08:31:08 PM »
HAF
If you can not take articles or critism of  the players.....then you should be cautious on posting on forums. 

Not everyone is going to agree on liking or disliking players on shows.....but do not personally attack other memebers.  We have a great bunch of posters on the board, please keep it that way.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 08:39:52 PM »
All members here, being free Americans, are entitled to their own opinions!  (^.#

H/A acted a tad better than others like Jon//Victoria,  Flo & whatshisname & others on different AR's.  However, for Hayden to throw such babyish fits is outlandish and uneccessary.  When everything was going their (her) way, she was nice-nice.  In real life...such behavior does not go very far towards a successful, healthy relationship...IMHO. 

Here's an excerpt from an article in the hard copy of TV Guide, January 16, 2005 issue: 
STOP BICKERING by Craig Tomashoff  (H/A was 1 of 6 couples he featured.) (exact wording/spelling)

"Why are those couples on AMAZING RACE always quibbling? Relationship experts tell all.

HAYDEN KRISTIANSON & AARON CRUMBAUGH:
"Quiet Aaron is on the receiving end of a lot of Hayden's gripes. (Hey, it's not his fault she can't read maps!) Dr. Drew says this imbalance doesn't bode well for the duo: "I dont' see where he fits with her.  If times get tough, they'll start to fight."  Schneider, on the other hand, likes how the couple kisses when they win a leg of the race ("They'll be together forever," she predicts), but
Dr. Brothers questions why Hayden constantly calls her boyfriend "baby".  "I'd advise her to remember his name if they want to win." "

(The Experts featured are Ellen Fein & Sherrie Schneider;  Dr. Drew Pinsky;  Roger Lodge; Seana McGee & Maurice Taylor; Dr. Joyce Brothers.)

As puddin just said..."we can "analyze" whatever we want..thats why we are here."  That's the same reason The Experts gave TV Guide their opinions & TV Guide gave their opinions to their readers...

Ruday

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 11:41:12 PM »
I decided to post the entire article from TVGuide. I know...it's old...January 16...but it's an interesting read.  I tried to fix the scanned pages so they're reasonably readable!  *^?  Might want to dig out the magnifying glass!

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 12:05:40 AM »
I glanced over the application.  The age minimum is 12 years old.  And every minor on the team must have at least one parent or gardian also on the team.  They will accept applications from 5-member teams with the understanding that they will downsize it to four before the race starts.

This is such a mistake...kids in TAR?? So not right. :(*8

Offline tjhfr

• No Posts Yet :(
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 12:08:13 AM »
I am with you on that one...look at the stress it puts on adults and the way it messes with their minds, can you imagine that with a 12 year old?

This is such a mistake...kids in TAR?? So not right. :(*8

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 03:17:57 AM »
Hopefully, TAR will pick close-knit families who are willing to WORK TOGETHER no matter what!  Should be an interesting "experiment".  I'm kinda excited about it, actually.  Should prove entertaining 4sure!  <[/   

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 12:22:15 AM »
Thanks for posting the TV guide article Rudy.  Very interesting comments by these experts.  One thing the experts forget is they only see what the CBS editors thought would be interesting to show in an one hour episode.  I forgot which couple mentioned that yes there was bickering but that was from lack of sleep, etc. and the majority of the time they got on.  I know from my own personal experience, when I am tired, hungry and hot.... I become a different person with no patience and am quick to snap at whatever comes my way ]*] ]*] ]*].  As for the family TAR, I think it is an interesting concept but I could't imagine many families applying with kids as young as 12.  I was figuring more of kids in their 20's.  But as Phil said on the CBS morning show, it will be interesting to see what people consider a family.  How do they propose to squeeze 4 people into a taxi as the front seats are taken up by the camera guy and taxi driver.  What happened to the All Stars edition??

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005, 12:54:23 AM »
Nice to see you, Bathfizzy!  _)^ It's been awhile!  Glad you liked the TVGuide read.  You're right about the CBS editing....they want to show all the drama since it draws us in...whether we like what's happening or not!  Personally, I really find it offensive to see the couples bickering so horribly, & wish CBS would edit most of it out.  A show can still be great w/o all that crap!  It grates on my nerves till sometimes I feel like flipping channels or just shutting the dang tube off!!  |(

I wish I'd remembered to tape Early Show.  Drat.  But I can go to CBS site & watch the video...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2005, 06:38:43 PM »
 'Amazing' Winners Get Paid | February 09, 2005 14:21:37
   'Amazing Race' host Phil Keoghan has something special for winners Freddy and Kendra, but first they're joined by runners-up Rebecca and Adam, Kris and Jon, Hayden and Aaron.

Media Link {^[

And thank you Ruday for the article  /*^

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2005, 04:18:00 AM »
Quote from: puddin
And thank you Ruday for the article  /*^

Hey, you are very welcome, puddin!   {^[

Offline Jenna

• RFF Newbie
  • Let's Go Megen and Heidi!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005, 08:33:04 AM »
I hate the idea of a familyu race

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 10:45:57 AM »
 {l{ I hate it too Jenna but , I'll stay open minded for now .

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 03:29:32 PM »
Yes, I do not like the idea either, I wish they would just stick to...2 people..couples! ]#* but ..hm..I think they wanted to spice things up..but TAR is perfect the way it is..no need for familys...I dont know how they are going to make roadblock and detours for kids.. *(^
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Try Out for The Amazing Race Today!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2005, 08:57:31 PM »
Try Out for The Amazing Race Today!
 Email to a Friend  Printer Friendly Version   

Want to be on the Amazing Race? Today is your chance.

Tryouts are being held this evening at Time Warner Cable in McAllen from 5pm to 9pm.

We're looking for families of four ... everyone has to attend the tryout to be considered for one of CBS's hottest reality shows on television.

You must be at least 8 years old and someone on the team has to be 21 or older. If you are a minor, your must have at least one parent or legal guardian on the team with you.    ((^

At the tryouts you'll be given a chance to tell us on camera why your family is so unique that you should be on the Amazing Race.

So here's your chance to be on TV. Just show up at Time Warner Cable at 921 West Dove in McAllen today from 5pm to 9pm.

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2999682&nav=0w0vWpaY

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2005, 09:10:03 PM »
 |#' what do you think Banzai ..you and me as a Mother Son team  ^/^  ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2005, 09:31:52 PM »
 |#'  YHeck Yeah ..Tanny too he can be the daddy ..BTW:  Banzai how old are you ?  *%#

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
CBS sounds call for 'Amazing Race' Indianapolis
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2005, 03:00:50 PM »
CBS sounds call for 'Amazing Race'

By Bonnie Britton
bonnie.britton@indystar.com
March 1, 2005

With "The Apprentice" and "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart" casting calls barely out of town, Indianapolis is on the radar again for another reality show casting call, this time for CBS TV's "The Amazing Race."

Family teams of four are invited to an open casting call from 4 to 7 p.m. March 9 at the CarMax Superstore, 9750 Gray Road. In what will be the eighth season of the hit show, the two-person teams have been changed to four family members.

But the show's producers are liberal in their definition of a family. Nontraditional and blended families or families-to-be (such as an engaged couple paired with in-laws) can compete, but all family members must be present at the casting call and taping. Anyone younger than 18 must have a parent or legal guardian on the team. Contestants must be at least 8 years old.

Families cast for the show will race around the world, not knowing where they are going next or what they'll have to do when they arrive. Teamwork is crucial, and teams will be eliminated one by one. The first team crossing the finish line will win $1 million.

Auditions are on a first-come basis. Applications, available to download at www.wishtv.com, also are available for pickup from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the WISH (Channel 8) station, 1950 N. Meridian St.

Prospective teams should complete the forms before arriving. Numbers will be given out at CarMax starting at noon March 9, but when the numbers run out (based on the estimated number of teams that can be taped in four hours), WISH will not take more applications.

Each team must record a maximum two-minute video message at the casting call explaining why they should be chosen for the next "Amazing Race." CBS will follow up with any applicants chosen for the next round of auditions.

"This is our second 'Amazing Race' casting call," said WISH spokesman Scott Hainey. Producers also have held calls for "Big Brother," "Star Search" and "Survivor."

Last year, Indianapolis' Rupert Boneham won $1 million (before taxes) on "Survivor: America's Tribal Council," crushing the competition by garnering 85 percent of the popular vote.